Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I maxed out renown and beat the campaign on softcore...

If I want to play Hardcore for season 1 do I have to find all the shrines, discover the map, and/or beat the campaign?

youve got two weeks. have at her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Shabadu posted:

The Good Ones™ stuck around, but they were fewer and less frequent. The Cube, follower equipment changes, Echoing Nightmares, the Free Haedrig's Gifts.

The altar on the final season was a blast and something that I hoped would be a returning or ported element.

The altar is definitely one of the best things they've done. I would expect something similar down the line since it kinda felt like a sunset kinda deal

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

If I want to play Hardcore for season 1 do I have to find all the shrines, discover the map, and/or beat the campaign?

Map, shrines yes. Campaign no.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Significant changes to global monster density and dungeon monster density specifically coming in a separate patch 1-2 weeks after season 1 starts.

did they say that on stream? i remember there was a developer's note about it in the last patch but i don't think it mentioned a timeframe beyond "after season 1 starts"

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Proud owner of Lazy Lion #46

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

the campaign carries over to HC along with the mount. The map and the shrines do not. it sounded like you will also need the character who visited the shrines to be alive on the 18th to upload the status.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Also I have gotten uniques from helltide chests and so does everyone I know. Not in the last week tho. Wonder if they introduced a bug with the last patch

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
Really disappointed in the amount of information they gave us about the season, was expecting a D3 "season preview" level of detail. Like spelling out what the various hearts are so people can go wild with theorycrafting in the run-up.

Here's the article they gave us which is just the video regurgitated in fewer words: https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/diablo4/23967322/malignance-runs-rampant-in-the-first-season-of-diablo-iv

Did they mention at all how much Smoldering Ash is available? I'm wondering if there's enough to eventually unlock all of the blessing or if you'll have to pick and choose, because some look much more worthwhile than others. Will the blessings be refundable for respec? Will the Scroll of Amnesia affect them?

What are the highest-end battle pass requirements? Will we have to reach level 100 or kill the Echo of Lilith? Too many unanswered questions.

Shabadu posted:

The Good Ones™ stuck around, but they were fewer and less frequent. The Cube, follower equipment changes, Echoing Nightmares, the Free Haedrig's Gifts.

The altar on the final season was a blast and something that I hoped would be a returning or ported element.

Hey now, they haven't said anything about the altar not carrying over. Or anything about the next sesason which is supposed to have the final theme before they start rotating through the old ones. Soon™

Vashro posted:

very disappointed that my HC statues aren't going to carry over from the hall of fallen heros

Feed them some Backs and maybe they will fix it in the future (they won't fix it).

This poo poo's busted, the comparison at the bottom doesn't have any entries :v:

They do list this under the paid battle pass, so I assume it's the non-free cosmetics

and, uh, sure?

Swilo fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Jul 6, 2023

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

The Ol Spicy Keychain posted:

did they say that on stream? i remember there was a developer's note about it in the last patch but i don't think it mentioned a timeframe beyond "after season 1 starts"

They confirmed that monster density changes are 1-2 weeks after season 1 and changing gems to a crafting resource instead of inventory item will happen at the start of season 2.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

So they're bandaiding the paragon respec issue by giving players an item that resets everything. Did they mention where one would get said item?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

SettingSun posted:

So they're bandaiding the paragon respec issue by giving players an item that resets everything. Did they mention where one would get said item?

I think they said it's a free battlepass reward.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

SettingSun posted:

it's a season's journey or free battle pass thing IIRC

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
no mention of world tier 5, nor a tune to the band of gear tiers. they still might tackle this with seasons but not holding my breath on this. not feeling great about the longevity of the game when they're gonna make all the casuals cry over seasons and not offer longevity to the core base

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
They said respec has two pain points

- The gold cost, which they are alleviating with an item earned toward the end of the (season/season journey, i forget which) which waives the gold cost for resetting all skills and paragon points

- The tedious nature of resetting your skills and paragon points, which is on their radar for making more pleasant at some point in the future one day probably maybe

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
lol so there is almost nothing new for season 1? I didn't see set items either

Ms. Chanandler Bong
Dec 20, 2008

To be honest I was hoping for some more endgame stuff. Like some form of new dungeon

CaptainAssholay
May 23, 2001

Don't Think

Tonetta posted:

no mention of world tier 5, nor a tune to the band of gear tiers. they still might tackle this with seasons but not holding my breath on this. not feeling great about the longevity of the game when they're gonna make all the casuals cry over seasons and not offer longevity to the core base

Games over folks uninstall

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

blizzard i will give you Ł50 or so in june 2023 if you give me a town with the enchanter anywhere loving near the blacksmith oh my god

Mid-Life Crisis
Jun 13, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
Sounds cool, I only just finished Act 2. Do I really have to start over just to play the game :classiclol:

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

They said respec has two pain points

- The gold cost, which they are alleviating with an item earned toward the end of the (season/season journey, i forget which) which waives the gold cost for resetting all skills and paragon points

- The tedious nature of resetting your skills and paragon points, which is on their radar for making more pleasant at some point in the future one day probably maybe

lol wtf. the gold cost is basically irrelevant but the time cost of doing paragon boards is awful

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Ms. Chanandler Bong posted:

To be honest I was hoping for some more endgame stuff. Like some form of new dungeon

That's what the tunnels are.

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

Ms. Chanandler Bong posted:

The malignant tunnels are a form of new dungeon, whether they're any good is still to be seen, but they're in there.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

i wonder if they're going to make the game harder because right now losing a character in hardcore is basically limited to profoundly stupid fuckups (i play high as gently caress all the time and ive only come sorta close a couple times) or disconnecting, and if they add scroll of escape on disconnect i think nobody will ever die ever again

cheat death mechanics and ways to bail i think were the wrong direction from party play and corpse looting like in d2. i didnt lose a char in d3 and honestly i think i'll be surprised if i lose one in d4

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Mid-Life Crisis posted:

Sounds cool, I only just finished Act 2. Do I really have to start over just to play the game :classiclol:

No. Finish the campaign. Your campaign progress in the eternal realm will let you skip the campaign when you decide to toll a seasonal character.

Edit: I feel like we need a FAQ or something for this thread because this is coming up alot.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

RC Cola posted:

they only shown the core mechanic and a trailer, then went on to do q&a. if they did more, it got memory holed due to a dev's lapse of judgement about their first colonoscopy

Ms. Chanandler Bong
Dec 20, 2008

Ah didn't get that at all. I think I was too distracted by Rod's terrible joke. That's good news.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
I really, really like that they've sold these new seasonal gem thingies as super powerful! and build defining! and then the one single one that they chose to show us is lame as gently caress.

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

RC Cola posted:

Yeah lol 32 powers to socket, a quest line, new legendaries, ability to get new aspects in codex, a loop associated with the new powers, turnaround on carrying over progress, tangible character power through the season journey and favor systems, a new boss...

Kinda weak huh?

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Verviticus posted:

i wonder if they're going to make the game harder because right now losing a character in hardcore is basically limited to profoundly stupid fuckups (i play high as gently caress all the time and ive only come sorta close a couple times) or disconnecting, and if they add scroll of escape on disconnect i think nobody will ever die ever again

cheat death mechanics and ways to bail i think were the wrong direction from party play and corpse looting like in d2. i didnt lose a char in d3 and honestly i think i'll be surprised if i lose one in d4

you need to spend more time playing the "will i nuke this pack of lunatics before they explode or not?" game. recommended skill, twisting blades.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

6 new uniques and 7 new aspects. Assuming even distribution each class has a single new unique to mess with and one neutral.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
plus 22 exciting new on death effects!

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
People convincing themselves that t5 was coming in season 1 just because of the datamine was always a big stretch.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Mid-Life Crisis posted:

Eternal realm we all play on now won't be reset ever so you good to play there at your own pace.

Join the seasonal realm whenever you want once it starts.

denereal visease
Nov 27, 2002

"Research your own experience. Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless, add what is essentially your own."

did they say if you earn enough platinum or whatever on the BP to cover the cost of the next season's BP?

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
they've said previously that you will not

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Pretty mid but I wasn't expecting much from the first one anyway

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

SettingSun posted:

6 new uniques and 7 new aspects. Assuming even distribution each class has a single new unique to mess with and one neutral.

Okay that is a little weak admittedly. Still, better than I'd have expected all additions considered.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

hawowanlawow posted:

builder/spender kinda sucks

It'll get dealt with eventually. It's one of those things where they'll try dozens of different ways of somehow fixing it, creating and then nerfing a few ridiculous builder-based builds in the meantime, before finally giving up. Game devs are basically Samus - every new game all previous knowledge is lost and they have to do all the bad things again.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

denereal visease posted:

did they say if you earn enough platinum or whatever on the BP to cover the cost of the next season's BP?

They said you earn about 3/4 of the cost of the next season's BP is you fully complete it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

unattended spaghetti posted:

Yeah lol 32 powers to socket, a quest line, new legendaries, ability to get new aspects in codex, a loop associated with the new powers, turnaround on carrying over progress, tangible character power through the season journey and favor systems, a new boss...

Kinda weak huh?

If the questline takes a couple of hours and the new dungeon gets old after 5-10 runs, then yeah, it's not a lot. Lack of interesting uniques is the biggest issue right now.