Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

pacerwpg
Apr 18, 2023
Please don't print that I'm mad.

Awful snipes is like my god given talent. Unbelievable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Halisnacks posted:

I can’t imagine there is a lawsuit that Meta’s legal team is better prepared for than “defend against accusation we ripped off another tech company’s product”.

That, and their patent portfolio likely contains hundreds of entries they could weaponize against twitter.

There's a reason these big tech firms rarely sue eachother.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Does he think people actually like Zuckerberg and this will turn them off to him?

They hate him, Elon, but they hate you more.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

lol Elon Musk committed public suicide

DominoKitten
Aug 7, 2012

Didn’t they make an entire movie about what a piece of poo poo Zuck was during the start of Facebook?

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Man wait till he finds out about this little unknown expose on Zuckerberg, I think it’s called “The Social Network” and it’s a doozy. I think the Fight Club guy made it!

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

does threads work without an app? i don't have a facebook or insta account anymore so not sure if it's accessible from there, but when i go to threads.net it's just a qr code with an ugly animated background.

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

kazil posted:

Here's a copy of the letter Twitter sent
https://cdn.sanity.io/files/ifn0l6bs/production/27109f01431939c8177d408d3c9848c3b46632cd.pdf

They are alleging that Meta hired former Twitter employees specifically to make a Twitter clone. Also, Meta is scraping Twitter data and poo poo.

just a more and more unhinged and paranoid Musk screaming about everyone scraping his precious data

really makes you lol

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Halisnacks posted:

I can’t imagine there is a lawsuit that Meta’s legal team is better prepared for than “defend against accusation we ripped off another tech company’s product”.

Well, that and the whole loving idea of Threads is "it's Instagram, but words. You don't need to post a picture" isn't exactly novel or secret.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Just goes to show that Elon didn't go extreme hardcore enough, if he had made Twitter unviewable months ago then Meta would have never been able to copy their ideas.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Propaganda Hour posted:

Well, that and the whole loving idea of Threads is "it's Instagram, but words. You don't need to post a picture" isn't exactly novel or secret.

also there's nothing twitter invented. its a place for posting. we were already posting here before twitter existed. posting text on the internet, sharing someone else's post, responding to people's posts, posting images and video etc. all that stuff already existed in tons of places all over the internet for decades before twitter came into being. the only "unique" thing about it was the very short character limit that it had until recently, but since most forums had character limits already (just much larger ones) i don't think that could be touted as a unique feature either.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Earwicker posted:

also there's nothing twitter invented. its a place for posting. we were already posting here before twitter existed. posting text on the internet, sharing someone else's post, responding to people's posts, posting images and video etc. all that stuff already existed in tons of places all over the internet for decades before twitter came into being. the only "unique" thing about it was the very short character limit that it had until recently, but since most forums had character limits already (just much larger ones) i don't think that could be touted as a unique feature either.

We were posting here long before twitter and friends showed up and we'll be posting here long after they successfully cause a fascistic takeover in the west

:justpost:

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

jokes posted:

We were posting here long before twitter and friends showed up and we'll be posting here long after they successfully cause a fascistic takeover in the west

:justpost:

This site gonna be the bastion of the resistance one of these days

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

"trade secrets" lmao

lovely tuna snatch
Feb 10, 2010

im in ur base scraping ur dudes

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Why does everyone just assume twitter or reddit "own" the words people have posted on them?

twitter without the content creators (aka posters) is nothing

same with reddit

Tech is full of the biggest weenies in the world lmao

kru
Oct 5, 2003

How incredible is it, that social profile is literally a game where Zuckerberg, of all people, can come out looking like a pro poster, just by not even bothering. Like, zuck has him on the figurative ropes and he's done nothing but make a lovely competing app.

kru
Oct 5, 2003

Can wait for him to mortal Kombat Elon in the ring - spine removal animation and everything

greatBigJerk
Sep 6, 2010

My final form.
Why would Meta want Twitter's trade secrets?

As far as I can tell their backend infrastructure is just two Nazis furiously jacking off onto a sever rack in a closet wearing blindfolds so that it isn't a gay thing.

Beyond that, it's probably just a bunch of internal emails from Elon telling engineers to figure out how to hide HTML from scrapers.

lifetime supply of Pocky
Aug 19, 2003

i know i’m a stupid idiot but that smells like a fake

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

lifetime supply of Pocky posted:

i know i’m a stupid idiot but that smells like a fake

yeah it's fake, the affair wasn't last year it was in 2021

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

greatBigJerk posted:

Why would Meta want Twitter's trade secrets?

As far as I can tell their backend infrastructure is just two Nazis furiously jacking off onto a sever rack in a closet wearing blindfolds so that it isn't a gay thing.

Beyond that, it's probably just a bunch of internal emails from Elon telling engineers to figure out how to hide HTML from scrapers.

yeah but that was supposed to be secret. It's only not gay if it's a secret dammit

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

nm

kazil fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Jul 6, 2023

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

While Elon is very much not mad about threads, I think it's important to point out that Jack is also very not mad.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Ah, there it is.
https://twitter.com/rob_sheridan/status/1677037981671227392

I would love to see Twitter's response to this to be "gently caress off." Like, literally, not legalese.
Maybe "gently caress off, Elon. Love, Zuck" specifically.

I would also accept "bring it on, mama's boy."

He'd *like* to apologize, but he won't. He also won't pay severance, or even send a rep to arbitration.

MSB3000 posted:

If I owned Twitter and could make insane decrees to my legion of coders, I'd implement a system where you can spend money to vandalize other profiles: change their profile images, their display name, even add or remove frivolous badges. $10 for every change.

For a one-time $10 purchase you can remove ads indefinitely.

I feel this novel approach would be very popular. Or at least funny.

Nah, that's stupid. It'd never work. What kind of fool would pay $10?

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Zuckerberg could win this by stating 'we're not like Twitter, we're actually up for two days now.'

God, I want poo poo like this. I want Zuck to be human for a while and just slap the gently caress out of Musk. Just dis him and Twitter proper for like a week and watch Elon melt down (more).

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Elon needs some intervention for his social media addiction.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

I hope we see Elon really melt down and commit to an actual fight in a tweet.

Cassette Moodcore
May 4, 2022

How much could a red text cost Michael? Ten dollars?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Darchangel posted:

I would love to see Twitter's response to this to be "gently caress off." Like, literally, not legalese.
Maybe "gently caress off, Elon. Love, Zuck" specifically.

I would also accept "bring it on, mama's boy."

I prefer

quote:

Dear Mr. Musk:

Attached is a letter that we received on July 6, 2023. I feel that you should be aware that some rear end in a top hat is signing your name to stupid letters.

Very truly yours,
Meta

greatBigJerk
Sep 6, 2010

My final form.

kazil posted:

While Elon is very much not mad about threads, I think it's important to point out that Jack is also very not mad.

He's mad about Twitter clones while literally making a Twitter clone.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

KakerMix posted:

Why does everyone just assume twitter or reddit "own" the words people have posted on them?

There is no assumption, they own any words you post on them.

John Mirra
Dec 18, 2005

Reminder that ex wife Talulah Riley is most likely the puppet master that got Elon to buy Twitter:

quote:

During Elon Musk's acquisition of Twitter in October 2022, text exchanges between Musk and Riley were released where she pleaded with him to buy Twitter, asking "Please do something to fight woke-ism. I will do anything to help! xx"

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I will. thank you.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Bad Purchase posted:

does threads work without an app? i don't have a facebook or insta account anymore so not sure if it's accessible from there, but when i go to threads.net it's just a qr code with an ugly animated background.

It requires an insta account

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

John Mirra posted:

Talulah Riley

yikes!

quote:

In 2008, Riley began dating Elon Musk; they married in 2010 at Dornoch Cathedral in Scotland. In January 2012, Musk ended their relationship, and sought a divorce in March 2012. In July 2013, Musk and Riley remarried. In a 60 Minutes interview in 2014, the couple stated that they had reconciled and were living together again, along with Musk's five remaining children from his first marriage to writer Justine Musk. On 31 December 2014, Musk filed for divorce a second time although he later withdrew the action. After living separately for six months, Riley filed for a second divorce in Los Angeles Superior Court on 21 March 2016. The divorce was finalised in October 2016.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

It requires an insta account

Threads is also only on mobile right now.

.random
May 7, 2007

I hate to ask, but is that first wife Justine Musk née Justine Musk?

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
I am a severely dumb man and it surprises me that billionaire Leno Mucks is noticeably dumber than me.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Some happy lawyers is the subtext here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

E the Shaggy posted:

Elon is about to fall down a spiral of depression the likes of which we've never seen. Since he bought Twitter, folks have been effectively held captive to his batshit insanity as there wasn't a viable alternative.

Who knows if Threads will actually overtake Twitter but now Musky has to worry about even more advertisers jumping ship and Twitter's infrastructure is going to keep breaking down to help push people towards Zuck.

See my earlier prediction of Musk achieving Dark Lord of Ravenloft levels of ironic torment.