Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fourthreichmeal
Jul 7, 2023

Vintersorg posted:

Yeah, it doesn't do poo poo. The only thing that has ever been great was this Elephant bottle thing they have at the doctors and you can buy it for home if you trust your spouse.

my now deceased uncle invented this device, and that side of my family is basically a less wealthy / non-televangelist version of the righteous gemstones. the patent expired after 20 years, which allowed clones to form, so my aunt, who runs the business, created a new version called wax rx. this effectively extended the patent another 20 years, with the added benefit of reducing the package size, allowing her to sell it on shelves at walgreens and cvs

i'm not going to say it doesn't work (particularly when administered by a doctor) but having seen what goes on within the factory, and handled their customer support years back, it's only a matter of time until someone destroys their hearing. they exclusively advertise on right wing talk radio and fox news, which means customer service is explaining endlessly to the rotted brains of the conservative elderly how a squirt bottle functions. these people vote, yet they need you to hold their hand through plugging a straw into a hole.

i'm a lurker who hasn't posted in years, but seeing this being discussed in the righteous gemstones thread was too ironic for me not to say something. the next time you purchase a wax rx starter kit at walgreens, remember, you're helping a multi-generational line of maga and libertarian failchildren maintain their mcmansion compounds in north florida :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

I love that you created an account just to post that and I'm not being ironic.

fourthreichmeal
Jul 7, 2023
in any other thread, i would have sensibly chuckled and moved on, but it’s rare to have such a perfect opportunity to loop in my familial backstory with the righteous gemstones and a plastic ear-washing squirt bottle. def worth giving the forums a second $10 over a decade later

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

sonatinas posted:

What watch does kelvin wear?Looks like it’s 5-6 figures.

I think it’s a Hublot? So, yes. At least.

Edit: Maybe a Richard Mille. Both are stupidly expensive and gaudy as hell so in character either way.

Robobot fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Jul 7, 2023

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I got one that must be a knockoff from a company called Equadose that normally makes pillsplitters, so rest assured your lovely kin ain’t getting poo poo from me

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

That's loving hilarious. :3: I legit thought it was a medical only thing but seeing it on Amazon I was like - they just sell this loving poo poo? I thought the hospitals got it from some suppliers. My wife is a NP so I trust it in her hands but yeah - be careful, that thing can smash your ears.

Ive been finally getting through Eastbound and Down and on episode 5 of S1 - it took a few episodes for it to click but I think I am all in now. Kenny at least realizing he's a loving loser although who knows how long that will last.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Vintersorg posted:

Ive been finally getting through Eastbound and Down and on episode 5 of S1 - it took a few episodes for it to click but I think I am all in now. Kenny at least realizing he's a loving loser although who knows how long that will last.

I just finished up Eastbound. First time re-watching it since the series ended. I remember a lot of the funny bits, but I forgot how well done a lot of them more emotional moments are. I don't want to go into ton of detail since you're still going through it, but yeah. They hit hard and really do make you feel for someone as lovely as KP.

edit:

The fake chin and contacts are amazing.

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Jul 7, 2023

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Stevie's just really big into Dune is all.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Mordja posted:

Stevie's just really big into Dune is all.

The feeeexins must flow

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

ChesterJT posted:

The feeeexins must flow

I wish there was an EB&D thread for this to be the title of

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!
Baby Lionel has lowkey been the funniest part of the last two episodes.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Sugar Blaster posted:

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

Sugar Blaster posted:

Kid deserves an emmy.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

*Cousin Baby Lionel

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I dont think I ever told this story in the thread, but I told Walton Goggins I didn't want to talk to him because he plays a racist in everything he does pre Vice Principals and Jody Hill and Danny McBride laughed at him.

I was just reading this thread and that memory just came back.

Darko fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Jul 8, 2023

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Cool story bro

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
I don't know if it's possible to do it in a non-chud way but I think it would be really funny for Walton Goggins to play Hunter Biden

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
With everyone talking about Eastbound & Down, I decided to watch it again. I think Stevie might be the one thing I don't like about the show, and now I'm kind of glad Steve Little is not in Righteous Gemstones. Kenny Powers is already enough of being gross and annoying, but Stevie is just so much worse. That and he keeps using the n-word. I guess people thought it was funny to casually drop the n-word in the early to mid teens, but it just really dates the show now. I don't know if they were trying to use him as a character to make Kenny Powers look a little bit better so he wasn't a total shitlord or what, but I could do without Stevie in this show. He's funny in clips years out of context, but constantly seeing him while going through this show is a nightmare.

Tristesse
Feb 23, 2006

Chasing the dream.

Sugar Blaster posted:

The biggest laugh I've had so far was noticing that when Uncle Baby Billy and Cousin Baby Lionel were both sharing the same drink that Uncle Baby Billy was the one with a large amount of drool on his face.

Oh yeah so random story this thread might appreciate. My grandpa a while back had asked if I would take his dog if he couldn't take care of him anymore and last year he was moved into assisted living. The dog's name was Daisy and my family was hassling me about changing it because stupid gender poo poo (dog is a boy but grandpa thinks all dogs are girls now.) This dog is a moron and barely responds to Daisy so I decided it's not really going to be changed, but we did give him a more appropriate title of Uncle Puppy Daisy since I had to take my uncle in as my own.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Tristesse posted:

The biggest laugh I've had so far was noticing that when Uncle Baby Billy and Cousin Baby Lionel were both sharing the same drink that Uncle Baby Billy was the one with a large amount of drool on his face.

Oh yeah so random story this thread might appreciate. My grandpa a while back had asked if I would take his dog if he couldn't take care of him anymore and last year he was moved into assisted living. The dog's name was Daisy and my family was hassling me about changing it because stupid gender poo poo (dog is a boy but grandpa thinks all dogs are girls now.) This dog is a moron and barely responds to Daisy so I decided it's not really going to be changed, but we did give him a more appropriate title of Uncle Puppy Daisy since I had to take my uncle in as my own.

Sorry, but also lol

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

lmao holy poo poo they're parodying the Jim Bakker food buckets.

Mirotic
Mar 8, 2013

Episode title once Max got its poo poo together: Interlude III.

Mirotic: Yes!!! YES!!!

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Holy gently caress young Jesse doing a Darkman impression is loving genius poo poo.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

I love the flashback episodes because they really knocked it put of the park casting the young versions of characters, plus getting to see Aimee Lee

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

DC Murderverse posted:

I love the flashback episodes because they really knocked it put of the park casting the young versions of characters, plus getting to see Aimee Lee

Yes they did a perfect, perfect job casting those kids.

and WHAT THE gently caress at that ending.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Hell of a villain origin story.

Love how they handle how their empire ruins lives and the self-delusion Eli has that they're any better than grifters.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Every single time that monster trunk honks “Jesus Loves Me” I lose my poo poo

edit: I love that even as dweeby teens Amber and Jesse are on the same wavelength

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

DC Murderverse posted:

There's an interesting bit of subtle characterization there, where the older kids started out doing fairly generic "bratty kid" characters and have gradually gotten closer and closer to the adult characters' speech and mannerisms, but young Kelvin is already basically doing adult Kelvin because Kelvin is just that stunted.

Also holy poo poo the young Amber has her mannerisms nailed.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Love the flashback episodes. The costume design is always hilarious yet brutally accurate for the time

Mirotic
Mar 8, 2013

the holy poopacy posted:

There's an interesting bit of subtle characterization there, where the older kids started out doing fairly generic "bratty kid" characters and have gradually gotten closer and closer to the adult characters' speech and mannerisms, but young Kelvin is already basically doing adult Kelvin because Kelvin is just that stunted.

Also holy poo poo the young Amber has her mannerisms nailed.

Young Amber is the most freakishly on point. It was legitimately eerie.

I also like that the episode took time to show Jesse looking after both his siblings, Darkman impression included. For as much as he is also a little poo poo, there's some good in him yet - or hope, as Eli and Aimee-Leigh might say.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Young Amber, Judy and Jesse were perfect casting decisions. Just absolutely fantastic.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Legit the girl playing young Judy did as good a job as Edi in this episode, it was great. A girl who grew up in a bubble of wealth created by her parents’ position is no match for the viciousness of shithead teenagers, and she portrays understandable hurt being turned into acting out just like Edi. Again, the casting of all the kids is so good.

Edit: I think the contrast between Eli’s sibling and Aimee Lee’s is very funny. Baby Billy wants nothing more than to use his sister and her reputation to fill his pockets until the end of his days and MayMay has to get to the point where her son’s lives are literally in peril before she goes to Eli, and even then she still doesn’t want his money.

I also think this episode does a good job of fleshing out Aimee Lee’s culpability in the church’s dealings without ruining the character. From the start she was always shown to be the best of them and the thing holding the family and the church together, and it would have felt like a betrayal to have her come out and be a secret bad person, but also you don’t stay in that marriage and that position in the church and remain perfectly innocent. MayMay was right about that, and when she came out at the end to save a floundering Eli from the crowd it showed just how much Aimee Lee gives him credibility and can’t be untangled from that, even if she’s doing it for what she feels are good reasons.

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Jul 10, 2023

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Young Jesse is a straight up channeling Danny McBride better than any impression I’ve ever seen. That kid is straight up putting in the work to nail it. Young Edi and Amber are totally perfect too, but it’s straight up eerie how perfect Jesse is.

This was a great episode. My favorite of the season, despite missing most the cast. It was wild to see Steve Zahn’s Peter as he used to be, and then witness the transformation. I wonder how they’re going to explain how he isn’t in prison for life. I don’t see how he couldn’t escaped (or why it wasn’t shown), and I assume that this is the reason May-May was attacking Aimee-Leigh in the season opener.

Impressive that they’ve used a flashback episode, full of information all the characters already know, to ramp up the stakes of the season. This show generally plots things really well and I can’t wait to see what’s next.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

DC Murderverse posted:

Edit: I think the contrast between Eli’s sibling and Aimee Lee’s is very funny. Baby Billy wants nothing more than to use his sister and her reputation to fill his pockets until the end of his days and MayMay has to get to the point where her son’s lives are literally in peril before she goes to Eli, and even then she still doesn’t want his money.

I think the takeaway of this flashback is supposed to be that MayMay is just as crazy and evil as Peter, so I'm really starting to lean towards the :tinfoil: theories that she's been in cahoots with Peter this whole season. Peter went to Eli and worked out a fair and honorable way out, and it was MayMay that shot it down out of sheer hatred for Eli.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

At first I was annoyed at Young Judi cause if you're from Georgia you don't get to act like people from Kentucky are hillbillies but by god once Young Jesse came around to wreak vengeance I was hooting and hollering

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Didn’t someone say something at the beginning about him finally getting out?

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

That makes no sense to me at all.

https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/severancemdr.gif

Tristesse posted:

Could we... see Uncle Puppy Daisy?

Tristesse
Feb 23, 2006

Chasing the dream.
Sure! He's an droolie cantankerous little grump so the namesake fits.

https://imgur.com/a/R1WJN2L

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

That makes no sense to me at all.

https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/severancemdr.gif

Tristesse posted:

Sure! He's an droolie cantankerous little grump so the namesake fits.

https://imgur.com/a/R1WJN2L

That's clearly a dog who as good as this episode.

So very good.

Please pas him my best wishes and congratulations.