Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What are your gaming plans for the summer?
This poll is closed.
Win at video games 37 23.72%
Hone gaming skills 27 17.31%
Unlock hardcore mode achievements 14 8.97%
More grinding 24 15.38%
Post about video games 54 34.62%
Total: 82 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Propaganda Hour posted:

He's gonna smash his own dick with a hammer for $70 a pop

Please keep with the times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I'll whisper your first name through your headphones at 3:00 in the morning

haven't decided what I want to do in the game though

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Feldegast42 posted:

Please keep with the times

Never pay more than twenty bucks for a dick hammering

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

buncha gamers ITT about to be ashamed for their words/deeds

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
I got subnautica in the steam sale and this game is really good!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
It's definitely the best of its genre.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

it's a GoAT.
p.s. save often

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
That loving cube phone game

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

Mzbundifund posted:

I got subnautica in the steam sale and this game is really good!

The first time I descended into unknown depths with my freshly-made Prawn was unforgettable.

More games need an excuse to supply the player with a powerful exosuit.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Yesterday I played some wasteland 3 with my co-op partner with whom I had completed divinity 2, gotta say it doesn't QUITE live up to the latter.

One problem that isn't the game's fault, really, is that there's no "lone wolf" perk, i.e. a passive ability that gives majors buffs but limits the amount of party members to 2. In divinity 2, we both really liked that we could each have our own character and not worry about party members that we wouldn't feel particularly attached to. In wasteland 3 the game is balanced around having a party of six, each with different party skills... We each control three guys, and tbh it's overwhelming in a way that it probably wouldn't be if, say, if I was playing single player and had full control of all 6. It's kinda strange. Like it's hard for me to keep track of what skills my friend is focussing on with his guys, so we keep having to take a few minutes every level up to discuss what our plans are for our dudes. And he's a little more YOLO than me (I'm methodical and kinda ocd with my rpgs), which was fine in divinity 2 because we could each do our own thing build-wise, but here party skills are very important and he isn't as interested in keeping things as nice and efficient, and so it ends up stressing me out a little...

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

ChickenHeart posted:

The first time I descended into unknown depths with my freshly-made Prawn was unforgettable.

It is normal when first piloting a Prawn suit to feel a sense of limitless power. Prawn operators receive weeks of training to counteract this phenomenon. You will have to make do with self-discipline.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

ok now THIS is the weirdest youtube ad i've gotten.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I didn't know Canada was advertising

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Peter Lessweknow

Gottem

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Jay Rust posted:

p.s. save often
god yes

ChickenHeart posted:

it also has one of the best grappling hooks in video games, weirdly enough!

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Jay Rust posted:

it's a GoAT.
p.s. save often

I went to the aurora without saving and only a seaglide and a knife
I lived, bitch

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Playing the original Doom for the first time. It's still better than most shooters I've played, really incredible work. Only issues I have are the occasionally confusing maps and how brutally punishing dying is in later levels.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

The maps get much more maze like in 2, it's its greatest demerit.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Mzbundifund posted:

I went to the aurora without saving and only a seaglide and a knife
I lived, bitch

It’s more that it’s a somewhat crashy/buggy game, protect yourself

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Been playing KOTOR again. First time in a decade, actually. Game is still really great! But it's also clunky. Clunky in what? Everything. But it has some real charm to it and the story twist is still really well done. I'm glad the supposed remake went back to the drawing board because while the story twist is fantastic and the game's old enough for an entire generation to not know what it is, there are some stuff in the story that is really messed up and you can't translate it 1:1 - or at least I wouldn't.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

sirtommygunn posted:

Playing the original Doom for the first time. It's still better than most shooters I've played, really incredible work. Only issues I have are the occasionally confusing maps and how brutally punishing dying is in later levels.

Don't forget you have an automap function (usually bound to tab), and save at the start of every level so you can reload it with all your weapons intact

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Dabir posted:

Don't forget you have an automap function (usually bound to tab), and save at the start of every level so you can reload it with all your weapons intact

I was gonna play the whole game honestly and just take the pistol only starts when I died but Perfect Hatred (e4m2) is really beating my rear end so I'm reconsidering.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Jay Rust posted:

ok now THIS is the weirdest youtube ad i've gotten.

Oh thank goodness, glad Fox News let me know. Time to spend the rest of the year getting through the backlog.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://news.yahoo.co.jp/articles/ae4594bde057d5bae67446353fe97d809d5aea04

Yuji Naka has been sentenced to 2.5 years in prison and fines ranging from 2 million yen to 170 million yen.

https://kotaku.com/sega-bins-blockchain-plans-calls-f2p-games-boring-1850613245

Meanwhile, Sega is mostly pulling back on blockchain content to avoid devaluing its franchises and will not be developing any blockchain/play to earn content itself.

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?
Just started Triangle Strategy on this threads recommendation. So far I have completed one battle which took about 30 mins or so and have sat through what feels like 2 and half hours of story.

Game loving owns.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

frytechnician posted:

Just started Triangle Strategy on this threads recommendation. So far I have completed one battle which took about 30 mins or so and have sat through what feels like 2 and half hours of story.

Game loving owns.

glad to hear it. The best non-Elden Ring game released last year imo.

Don't worry about choices during the first playtrough, just do what feels right to you and know that there will some truly bonkers hero classes joining you late game.

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?
On another note, what's the go-to controller for PC nowadays? I am returning my piece of poo poo Xbox Elite Series 2 after the A button has decided to stop working properly 2 months in. I already have a DS4 but want something different and reliable. 8bitDo seems the obvious choice, just wondering if there were any other strong recs.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

My 8bitDo's (snes pad) D-pad has begun being overly sensitive and double/triple-pressing on single presses lately. My Dualsense left stick has begun drifting very slightly out of its tight deadzone, though I haven't done anything to try fixing it and I hear a little WD-40 fixes that. I honestly don't think controllers last long nowadays.

But I do like the Dualsense.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
oh man, this got me real good, I teared up a bit. apparently Max is doing a promotion with a game called "Naraka Bladepoint", and they put him as a skin in game. And they also put Benny in, too. And Benny is perfectly adapted, like it's seriously eerie how accurate he looks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgmHXIzvg7U&hd=1

the little shot at the end of the trailer on the roof :unsmith:

no idea about the game itself, I guess it's a melee battle royale game, but this is a cute DLC thing

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Is Benny dead or something?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Yeah

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
yeah, benny died last year. max didn't immediately announce it but instead waited until he was ready to make a video about it since people were wondering where Benny had been. Benny was a big part of max's channel for many years and in a lot of his videos and stuff, he was(and still is) the mascot.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMPJ1uEfWz0&hd=1

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

The new 8bitdo ultimate controller has Hall effect joysticks, in the most expensive models at least,that apparently eliminates stick drift.
I'm using a standard series X controller for my PC and it's fine. The dpad is a bit stiff and clicky, not ideal for old games.

Oh, and using wd40 on electronics seems like a bad idea, as it leaves a gunky residue. I use isopropyl alcohol and contact cleaner.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
My Series controller has worse drift than any othe controller I’ve owned. And it’s not fixable with dead zone adjustment.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
I bought the 8BitDo Ultimate , and I’ve been pretty happy with it.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Got a youtube ad for star citizen. So it's out?

edit: nevermind

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

'Technically playable'

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

bone emulator posted:

The new 8bitdo ultimate controller has Hall effect joysticks, in the most expensive models at least,that apparently eliminates stick drift.
I'm using a standard series X controller for my PC and it's fine. The dpad is a bit stiff and clicky, not ideal for old games.

Oh, and using wd40 on electronics seems like a bad idea, as it leaves a gunky residue. I use isopropyl alcohol and contact cleaner.

Is that the Pro 2 or is there a more recent one? I've been using the Pro 2 for a while and it's dang good. Dpad could be better but it's certainly not bad, it's just not as good as the best dpads I've used.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
The latest playstation controller seems to be the only good one around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

Got a youtube ad for star citizen. So it's out?

edit: nevermind

Alpha phase has been going for 12 years and the game is barely playable with zero significant updates this entire time.