Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

E: Eh gently caress it, I'm not helping. I registered that I'm underwhelmed, I'm hoping it's better than it looks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Rubbish or Trash titles were a lot funnier before literally everyone started doing them

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Proud owner of Lazy Lion #46

Doomykins posted:

When people say they can level quickly, change your hours played to once a day for two hours. How many days does it take you to hit WT3?

If you're doing the dungeon leech then at least admit it. :haw:

probably a week. you can use the region level minimums and strongholds to keep fighting at 2/3 levels above you and it goes quickly.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Nocturnal Echo because edgy rogue lmao

Regulus74
Jul 26, 2007
In d3 some of the seasons were so bland that I skipped them entirely and, if I got the random urge to play one night during said seasons, I would jump on a non seasonal character but what do I know I was merely having fun.

But I'm sure blizzard has changed their ways and no season will be a dud and they will all be absolutely brimming with content.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
all the people i know are playing the new WOW

yeah, its still around and people play it i guess

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Vashro posted:

probably a week. you can use the region level minimums and strongholds to keep fighting at 2/3 levels above you and it goes quickly.

Oh that's a sweet strategy and not too bad, 14 hours to pop off in an ARPG. Thanks for the advice.

Cervix-A-Lot
Sep 29, 2006
Cheeeeesy

Philthy posted:

I'd' totally play it again if I didn't have to pay a monthly fee.

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

Lucky Charmer

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Cervix-A-Lot posted:

I'd' totally play it again if I didn't have to pay a monthly fee.

Yeah that keeps me away too. I'd love to play some wow for a bit but I could also buy a new single player indie game and be just as happy

D4 does have that going for it, you only gotta pay once as long as you don't fall for battlepass fomo

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
I could never justify spending my free time to pay for the privilege of having a part-time job delivering boar tusks and working as a tailor for 30 hours a week.

WoW was great when it came out while I was in my 20's in college with near unlimited free time. But, in my 40's I get mad when games force you to walk instead of run for 30 seconds for dramatic emphasis. The time sinks for stuff like MMOs are unfathomable to me now.

I don't know anyone still doing it, so the idea that everyone is playing WoW right now is very foreign to me. All the decrepit elderly gamers like me that I know are on Diablo 4 or some single player game.

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Jul 7, 2023

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Philthy posted:

Dragonflight is infinitely better than D4. I think they used D4 as a chance to get the more annoying higher ups over to Diablo and in the meantime managed to make WoW good.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

WarEternal posted:

Dragonflight is infinitely better than D4. I think they used D4 as a chance to get the more annoying higher ups over to Diablo and in the meantime managed to make WoW good.

Does WoW have horned demon mommy (dranei or w/e don't count!)? Yeah I thought so.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

My title is Little Sunderer and the amount of groans I've got from people over it makes me really happy

also: cool thread title

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

IcePhoenix posted:

My title is Little Sunderer and the amount of groans I've got from people over it makes me really happy

also: cool thread title

My favorite titles are:

The Bear

Legendary Charmer

Nocturnal Passion

Succubus Breaker

Sweaty Catastrophe

Grave Coordinator

The Goat

Potential Stalker

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Hungry Delver :tipshat:

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Don't ask, I don't know how to pronounce my name either.
Hatred's Chosen

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Overwhelming goat. I am DONE with this goat.

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

The Undertaker, have fun falling 16 feet through an announcer table

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

The redundant ones are fun too:

Lethal Killer

Magic Wizard

Magic Witch

Beating Uber Lilith also opens up some fun ones:

Lilith's Darling

Lilith's Slave

Lilith's Eater

Lilith's Imp

Lilith's Sunderer

Lilith's Dancer

Lilith's Perfumer

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Give me well-wisher you cowards

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Ice Fist posted:

The litmus test I was responding to was "a couple of weeks to get the basics of a character going". That's going the other direction and is hilariously over-estimating the time from rolling an alt to reaching WT3 - that is if we're all in agreement that by the time you're in WT3 you've got the basics of a build down and working.

In what world is hitting WT3 considered having the basics down? Crappy sacred gear youre not putting your good aspects on (if you have managed to grab, say, a well rolled umbral at all), probably no uniques, no glyphs or paragon grandmasters at all. I was thinking of WT4 at the very least when I wrote the post you're mocking, and even by that time you're still quite possibly missing a bunch of stuff that's a lot more vital and build enabling than just getting better rolls to push a couple of extra NM levels.

Like, I'm happy to be proven wrong because there's a lot to like here and I wish I was more enthusiastic about it, but if the response to "it takes a long time to get a build together" is "it takes half as long to get halfway there" then uhhhhhhh

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

bus hustler posted:

Give me well-wisher you cowards

Season eleventy first at the soonest

wukkar
Nov 27, 2009
Am I the only Lonely Thief

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I was Seasoned Trash but I have since become Formless Trash

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
im torn when i see seasons talk because on the one hand i sympathize with the people who said rerolling sucks but on the other hand, not only has it worked like this for well over a decade in diablo games and arpgs but also like, did you not do any research at all on the game you bought. like people paid $80 or $100 or whatever the gently caress and then went "whats a season". did you google the game once or talk to anyone about it or did you just buy it because the hot naked demon lady was on the cover (thats why i got it)

wukkar posted:

Am I the only Lonely Thief

im bubbly barbarian

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I bought this last night on PC. So far I'm enjoying it - it's diablo lol. One thing I've noticed is that it reminds me way more of Diablo 2. Has anyone been out there saying 3 was better than this, because I remember when 3 was being previewed and folks decried that it was too colorful and bright.

One thing I miss from 3 is the physics engine. I enjoyed breaking everything and sending bodies flying. The enemies in this one seem to just do a death animation like 2.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Brave Vandal

go vandals

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

So with seasons, I know you have to roll a new character to get in on leaderboards and stuff, but, can my eternal druid just do the quests if all I'm interested in is the new story? Like, ok, no leaderboards or malignant gems for you, just plot?

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Verviticus posted:

im torn when i see seasons talk because on the one hand i sympathize with the people who said rerolling sucks but on the other hand, not only has it worked like this for well over a decade in diablo games and arpgs but also like, did you not do any research at all on the game you bought. like people paid $80 or $100 or whatever the gently caress and then went "whats a season". did you google the game once or talk to anyone about it or did you just buy it because the hot naked demon lady was on the cover (thats why i got it)

im bubbly barbarian

if the turbonormies touching a video game system for the first time since high school or college at my work are anything to go by, my guess is its bc Bliz had an extremely successful ad campaign targeting non gamer types + the hot demon babe

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Deformed Church posted:

In what world is hitting WT3 considered having the basics down? Crappy sacred gear youre not putting your good aspects on (if you have managed to grab, say, a well rolled umbral at all), probably no uniques, no glyphs or paragon grandmasters at all. I was thinking of WT4 at the very least when I wrote the post you're mocking, and even by that time you're still quite possibly missing a bunch of stuff that's a lot more vital and build enabling than just getting better rolls to push a couple of extra NM levels.

Like, I'm happy to be proven wrong because there's a lot to like here and I wish I was more enthusiastic about it, but if the response to "it takes a long time to get a build together" is "it takes half as long to get halfway there" then uhhhhhhh

First, I'm not mocking you. I'm genuinely confused by "it's a slog to level an alt" comments, followed by "in PoE it takes two weeks to get the basics down". I simply don't understand this because it wasn't remotely my experience

Having leveled an alt post campaign and getting it up to WT4/level 73 with most of the gear I wanted for my death trap/twirling blades build including getting penitent greaves (plus several uniques I didn't need) I can say with absolute certainty it took less than 2 weeks. By that point I was on the loot treadmill looking for incremental upgrades and better affix rolls and had considered my build "basically complete" since then.,

Second, the 2nd poster I quoted specifically asked how long it took to get to WT3. I would add that farming helltides and doing nightmares in between you can get to WT4 very quickly. In that two week time frame I have mostly ancenstrals.

So chill out my dude. I was trying to agree on the goalposts. They've been moving around. Fortunately, I don't think it matters all that much if having the "basics down" is WT3 or 4. It's on the scale of days not weeks.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

the_steve posted:

So with seasons, I know you have to roll a new character to get in on leaderboards and stuff, but, can my eternal druid just do the quests if all I'm interested in is the new story? Like, ok, no leaderboards or malignant gems for you, just plot?

We don't know all the everything yet, but current understanding is that seasons have these self-contained 'tales of sanctuary' plot lines, while the (annual?) big $$$ Expansions to diablo 4 are the continuation of the campaign

Some portions of Season 1 may enter the eternal realm after it is over. Maybe in 3.5 months you'll be able to do some of the Formerly-Season-1 content on the eternal realm.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

the_steve posted:

I don't think so, the new seasonal plot beats might be seasonal only.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Shard posted:

I bought this last night on PC. So far I'm enjoying it - it's diablo lol. One thing I've noticed is that it reminds me way more of Diablo 2. Has anyone been out there saying 3 was better than this, because I remember when 3 was being previewed and folks decried that it was too colorful and bright

im the only person on the planet that enjoyed release d3 but i think thats because i have fond memories of a semi-competitive thing (beating the game in inferno on hardcore) being really fun before streamers hosed it all up

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

gallilee posted:

Tried to play today but the lag was horrible. One step forward and two steps back. Is that on my end or do you experience that as well?

yeah it was basically unplayable for me last night, it'd lag badly then drop me after a couple of minutes. i pinged battle.net and the connection is fine, it's blizzard servers.

the "good" news i guess is it's intermittent, connection has mostly been fine.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
Potential Casualty. I wonder if I can get something like Actual Casualty.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Verviticus posted:

im the only person on the planet that enjoyed release d3 but i think thats because i have fond memories of a semi-competitive thing (beating the game in inferno on hardcore) being really fun before streamers hosed it all up

Enjoy might be a strong word but I look back on launch D3 fondly. I won't defend it as a good game. And I still think about those drat wasps destroying me in act 2 inferno. I HATE they brought those bastards back to D4.

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006
:<

Ice Fist posted:

First, I'm not mocking you. I'm genuinely confused by "it's a slog to level an alt" comments, followed by "in PoE it takes two weeks to get the basics down". I simply don't understand this because it wasn't remotely my experience

Having leveled an alt post campaign and getting it up to WT4/level 73 with most of the gear I wanted for my death trap/twirling blades build including getting penitent greaves (plus several uniques I didn't need) I can say with absolute certainty it took less than 2 weeks. By that point I was on the loot treadmill looking for incremental upgrades and better affix rolls and had considered my build "basically complete" since then.,

Second, the 2nd poster I quoted specifically asked how long it took to get to WT3. I would add that farming helltides and doing nightmares in between you can get to WT4 very quickly. In that two week time frame I have mostly ancenstrals.

So chill out my dude. I was trying to agree on the goalposts. They've been moving around. Fortunately, I don't think it matters all that much if having the "basics down" is WT3 or 4. It's on the scale of days not weeks.

I disagree and think leveling alts is pretty bad and slow. You just mindlessly grind whispers till 50 and do strongholds. It may not be super hard but it is lame and boring.

Like the 10% exp buff is not nearly enough if they want people to participate besides the super hardcore people who already have someone in WT4.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Deformed Church posted:

every time I see a post talking about not putting aspects on gear or not upgrading gear at all I realize I’m playing a completely different game than some people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
they should just let me Do Rifts Again