Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

That Little Demon posted:

Watched the two Conan movies on netflix and started playing Conan Exiles because I'm in a Conan mood. The game is pretty crazy, I'm currently going town to town and knocking people out and then making them slaves like in the movie by making them push the wheel of pain for years

When I saw this movie as a kid, I thought the wheel was like a manual way to grind oats or something, and not just a pure torture device. The world of Conan kicks loving rear end and has so much lore and stuff I'm getting to read about and explore. I had only previously just seen the two movies as a kid

the first conan movie's got so much lore depth to it too, the set and costume designers and th scriptwriter were big conan fans and other than the stuff they changed for movie purposes they paid a lot of attention to details. and then milius hired three nobodies whod never acted for the main roles and brought in all the famous actors to try to make them act better lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ff3 and ff16, probably a bunch of both. pretty big gaming weekend, hopin to make some real progress in ff16

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 77 days!
almost finished with another stalker gamma run, probably some stellaris. i havent been able to play as much battlebit as id like so im hoping to spend some time with it this weekend

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

That Little Demon posted:

The world of Conan kicks loving rear end and has so much lore and stuff I'm getting to read about and explore. I had only previously just seen the two movies as a kid

The original stories kick a lot of rear end if you like that sort of 30's pulp adventures.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Punished Chuck posted:

The original stories kick a lot of rear end if you like that sort of 30's pulp adventures.

yeah the robert howard stories rule, chck out tower of the elephant if you havent

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Conan rules

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I've never read the stories but the first Conan movie is win

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

i've acquired some special mushrooms like mario. and i'm going to get. a 1-up

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

aliens dark descent

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Dongicus posted:

aliens dark descent

bro, Baron Van Zieks is such a mfing badass

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Fungah! posted:

the first conan movie's got so much lore depth to it too, the set and costume designers and th scriptwriter were big conan fans and other than the stuff they changed for movie purposes they paid a lot of attention to details. and then milius hired three nobodies whod never acted for the main roles and brought in all the famous actors to try to make them act better lol

I like both movies but 1 is better but yes the lore and world building and costume design ect kick loving rear end. Berserk stole so much from it as well. The game is very lore rich and I'm having fun in it as well. Conan saved me from a crucifixion and then told me to gently caress off

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I love the second movie just for Andre the Giant and Grace Jones

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Kazvall posted:

Any cool gimmick or changes this season? I haven't played since d2r came out but median always had the best endgame of all the mods

d2r came out two years ago so theres a ton of new dungeons/builds/features

since you last played theres quickcasting like d2r where you press a button and it fires the spell vs swapping and then clicking, theres a high level dungeon that gives you a free class set like d3 (but the sets in this game are much worse)

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
incredible fit

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

1s got a fuckin incredible soundtrack too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoAXA_Rm25A&t=4079s

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

JEJ ftw

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Fungah! posted:

yep, honestly both movies have great music

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I love the second movie just for Andre the Giant and Grace Jones

andre the giant ftw.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Learning how to use mkb instead of controller for shooters. Last and only time I’ve used mkb was 20 years ago playing counter strike in the LAN room at the Dream Machine arcade in the Maine mall with my DDR friends. Ftw

And probably exploring the gerudo section of the map for the first time in totk, for some reason I’ve held off on that til now

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I need to get back into Zelda

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

symbolic posted:

bro, Baron Van Zieks is such a mfing badass

i love his racist rear end

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Pokemon Infinite Fusion when I'm chillin in the hotel room, probably won't be doing much of that though.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Fungah! posted:

I first discovered the Conan soundtrack as a music pack for Morrowind and loving loved it without knowing where it was from lol so when I finally watched the film it was extremely weird and I kept waiting for him to miss a sword swing

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I need to get back into Zelda

Same

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Working but labbing Ryu and Kimberly scrims in my mind palace.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

need to get sf6 it looks so loving good

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

mbt posted:

d2r came out two years ago so theres a ton of new dungeons/builds/features

since you last played theres quickcasting like d2r where you press a button and it fires the spell vs swapping and then clicking, theres a high level dungeon that gives you a free class set like d3 (but the sets in this game are much worse)

They also have things called Terror zones that randomly make a cluster of maps higher level in a difficulty you’ve beaten.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

copy posted:

Also this.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

copy posted:

It’s the best one since ST. The thing I miss most is you can’t play “on the same cabinet” online because the stages are personal for everyone and it’s not like Fightcade. And the chombos are way too long of course but that’s every fighting game now.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The chombos are pretty short. The super animations are too long.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

But yes. SF6 cuggin owns.

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
FF16 when im not reading more kafka. ff16 so far is really fun but i do wish it was more colorful, also some more challenge would be nice

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
StarCraft remastered and battlebitch and maybe some fire emblem awakening after. Day off Friday ftmfw

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

last day of work before a week long vacation. really hard to do convince myself to give a poo poo about work stuff. gonna play suikoden 2 a lot next week i think.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

IdealFlaws posted:

StarCraft remastered and battlebitch and maybe some fire emblem awakening after. Day off Friday ftmfw

Been thinking of getting into Brood War myself when if I get tired of SF.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

tmfc posted:

last day of work before a week long vacation. really hard to do convince myself to give a poo poo about work stuff. gonna play suikoden 2 a lot next week i think.

Sounds trill.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
bw ftmfw. keep trying to learnhow to play it competitive ti but its so hard, end up just watching the korean league instead of playing lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

tmfc posted:

welcome back

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

symbolic posted:

Great Ace Attorney 1

got drat is case 3 ballsy. that ending...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Thinking about a zelda clones tonight before omega boost tomorrow.

Golden axe warrior or alundra??