Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Okay yeah max upgrade dart gun rules, but until that point the tranq rifle is the winner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Epic High Five posted:

Okay yeah max upgrade dart gun rules, but until that point the tranq rifle is the winner

oh yeah I never found enough cuttlefush shell fragments to craft trans rifle so I mostly just used gravity gun until I got the mod tranq gun

I wish you could upgrade the drone to have more than 3 charges so I could tranq the sea. gently caress sharks

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

gradenko_2000 posted:

if you see a bug hole, NUKE IT

read this to the beat of Whip It initially

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

if you see a big bug hole, you must NUKE IT

red alert incoming drone, you must NUKE IT

Buck Wildman has issued a correction as of 15:48 on Jul 7, 2023

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
https://twitter.com/DonkTrading/status/1676961679131955202

Lmao the new footie game from EA is named eafc and a hundred euros
They shoulda called it feeefaa

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
when did ultimate editions at launch become a thing? is this blizzards fault too?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Real slow time for fortnite right now. Epic has like 2 or 3 weeks of vacation right now. The summer event and meowsucles unlocking add some fun, but no news!

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

punished milkman posted:

when did ultimate editions at launch become a thing? is this blizzards fault too?
probably EA or Activision, yeah

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Grey Fox posted:

probably EA or Activision, yeah

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Or

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

punished milkman posted:

arent they just the newest equivalent of what is collectors edition?

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

I'd consider the distinction to be if it's selling you DLC in advance of it being available, not just an edition with More Stuff

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won

i have a big stupid starcraft 2 ultra deluxe collectors edition in my basement right now. it’s got a hosed up box that opens like a crate

edit; lmao it’s like $20 canadian dollars on ebay

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Basically all the consumer exploitation poo poo got create by PC developers in the 90s.

Started as extra add-ons to drive sales, then when you got a dedicated consumer base it turned into a way to squeeze more money out of your paypigs.

As always consoles were just playing catch-up to pc gamers.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

punished milkman posted:

i have a big stupid starcraft 2 ultra deluxe collectors edition in my basement right now. it’s got a hosed up box that opens like a crate

edit; lmao it’s like $20 canadian dollars on ebay

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Also be sure to remember to buy the collectors edition PRIMA exclusive strategy guide along with the game.

Thank you for shopping at GameStop.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I recall the FF7 prima guide clearly. I think it was two volumes ? maybe not

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

those prima guides owned, a bit of a shame the internet made them obsolete

my ffx one is all marked up from me 100%ing the game

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

looking it up ff7 was Brady games. close enough

all those publishing jobs, lost forever !

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

AnimeIsTrash posted:

those prima guides owned, a bit of a shame the internet made them obsolete

my ffx one is all marked up from me 100%ing the game

Yeah they rocked. I used to have 1 for fallout 3, oblivion, and skyrim. I would check off locations as I explored them so I didn't revisit unless needed to or for new loot.

I still have my earthbound guid although it needs to be rebound.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

anyone for battlebits: remastered?

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

I think Ocarina of Time was the first strategy guide I got. Definitely the most memorable one for me.

The other one would be Xenogears, but only because I would leaf through it at the book store for the pictures of cool robots.

Edit: Oh wait, yeah I got the Fallout 2 guide too.

The Bladur's Gate 1 didn't make sense to me as a kid because the whole loving thing was written from like a first person perspective as a journal entry? Some hosed up creative writing poo poo.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

edit: nvm, cannot play right now

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
i really want to try battle bits but im a couch gaming goon and don't really have a good kb+m Gaming Area

and controller support sounds janky rn. hopefully it gets some polishing :)

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

looking through the ff7 bradygames on a pdf and this is uh, a lot better than some YouTubes and a wikia

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Lpzie posted:

drat. I just logged in

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Lpzie posted:

this guy kept on calling me animeishomo when we played ._.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

AnimeIsTrash posted:

this guy kept on calling me animeishomo when we played ._.

i haven't been banned yet so the ai voice moderation tool agrees?

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Vivid flashback of going to the url printed in the Official Final Fantasy 9 Strategy Guide to ~find out more~

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
yeah the guides were good, I think the last one I ever got was maybe for New Vegas, and I mean that was well past when you could find stuff online but having it there in a book was so handy

I remember having all the Rusel DiMaria books for NES because you just couldn't beat poo poo without them, like good loving luck figuring out Castlevania 2 or something

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1676974041020637184

Lol

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost
Did they keep the whole "Halflings reroll all 1's" thing from tabletop 5e in Baldurs Gate 3? If so its gonna be real hard for me to convince myself not to play a Halfling. Probably a Bard.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

One More Fat Nerd posted:

Did they keep the whole "Halflings reroll all 1's" thing from tabletop 5e in Baldurs Gate 3? If so its gonna be real hard for me to convince myself not to play a Halfling. Probably a Bard.

yup

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

why on Earth would they have him wearing 8

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

In tabletop, my brother literally won't play anything but halflings anymore. He's played since '89 and has lost so many characters to 1's on saves that he's traumatized, lol.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

indigi posted:

why on Earth would they have him wearing 8

I think they wanted to showcase both his numbers.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

I’ll be playing battlebits tonight est I’m hooked and desperately pushing my KD until I get to 2.0

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

https://clips.twitch.tv/AbnegatePlayfulPelicanVoHiYo-5roWs9yGqWTZsxot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Lol at the squirrel