Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Dunny posted:

if I'm totally honest :p

are you ever honest with yourself? I mean, about everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dunny
Jul 11, 2022

On that secret Taco Bell menu since small times

(Thanks for the Achewood collection, dude)

robot roll call posted:

Only about certain chicken preparations.

Strange Cares
Nov 22, 2007

This one got me, I’m not gonna lie. Whenever we get a glimpse of Lyle’s heart underneath the many, many layers of grease and cigarette ash... man, that’s the good poo poo

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future

robot roll call posted:

I love this line so much and I've tried to use it when friends gently caress up and it's just impossible to convey properly

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

:siren: New comic alert! :siren:

"To Valhalla" indeed, Lyle.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

ACE OF SPADES! ACE OF SPADES!

Dunny
Jul 11, 2022

On that secret Taco Bell menu since small times

(Thanks for the Achewood collection, dude)

BitterAvatar posted:

I love this line so much and I've tried to use it when friends gently caress up and it's just impossible to convey properly

Wait, I hosed up?

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I tried "being in trouble is a fake idea" on someone recently and I guess they weren't high enough to understand

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
Doubters BTFO, we're so back it hurts

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Rest in glory, Winnie the Pooh. It is time for you to take your rightful seat next to Lemmy from Motörhead in Valhalla :rip:

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Yeah, okay, Achewood is back, at least for a bit.

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

Man, when we see through to the core of Lyle, it always sends me. And Connie translating for Lyle was a drat fine moment.

Just imagine when Philippe sees Lemmy now.

And to top it all off: Next week's recipe is Chicken!

Achewood is pretty back, folks.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

yeah, he’s still got it

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

Nessus posted:

ACE OF SPADES! ACE OF SPADES!

This punchline crept up on me. I opened the update email, glanced at the last panel and saw that Onstad brought back the Lemmy tribute/effigy... and by the time I actually read the comic all the way through, I was belly-laughing at the utter absurdity.

I suddenly feel the need to keep my childhood Pooh plush away from the neighborhood cats

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

robot roll call posted:

yeah, he’s still got it

a pleasant surprise in hellworld 2023

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

:thunk:

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
Ehh, thees ees not too bad, oui

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Top pizza is a cacodemon, not a minion.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

SOB

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

You can do whatever you want in life.

Has it ever been established what color Beef's Galaxie is? Hot Wheels does make a '65 Galaxie, but the only version in a 'plain' color is some limited edition thing over $50. Alternatively, There's a cheap new version but in racing livery, so I figure I could learn to repaint it as a little hobby thing, but then I'd like to be accurate to the comic

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Zefiel posted:

Has it ever been established what color Beef's Galaxie is? Hot Wheels does make a '65 Galaxie, but the only version in a 'plain' color is some limited edition thing over $50. Alternatively, There's a cheap new version but in racing livery, so I figure I could learn to repaint it as a little hobby thing, but then I'd like to be accurate to the comic

why don’t you ask Onstad?

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

Aw, shucks, I don't know if I would got to do and make a thing out of this you know?

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Make sure to get a matching Subaru Brat

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

https://www.reddit.com/r/achewood/comments/ztisjh/what_color_is_roast_beefs_galaxie/

quote:

so anyway i asked Chris Onstad “It’s just white, like in the comics. (Todd’s van is white too, but the paint is not very nice.)“

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

Alright yeah uh just a good plain color for a car and nothin' that takes polishing or costly clear coats

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

moot the hopple posted:

Make sure to get a matching Subaru Brat

My parents owned a Brat in the early '80's, and I have yet to work up the courage to ask my dad for the model year so I can determine if it was really the Hell Car, but in my mind it was

It was this terrible faded pale yellow and had an aftermarket sunroof, so, y'know, it fits

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Antivehicular posted:

My parents owned a Brat in the early '80's, and I have yet to work up the courage to ask my dad for the model year so I can determine if it was really the Hell Car, but in my mind it was

It was this terrible faded pale yellow and had an aftermarket sunroof, so, y'know, it fits

jokes aside, the Brat (and its heir, the Baja) are stone cold classics these days that just about any AI goon would be eager to have in their garage

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Yeah, that car took a lot of abuse (my parents love long-haul road trips) and had a shockingly long life under the circumstances. It just... was not a charismatic car

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Achewood thread: gettin' off on emotional freedom

Strange Cares
Nov 22, 2007

Just read the Lyle interview. Onstad's really starting back up with the guys in some different places now, huh.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Alternate title:

Achewood thread: Let’s just say that I am not typically surprised by what happens at websites.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
ME: Isn’t it just amazing that while on one computer a scientist folds the protein that will save a billion brains from Alzheimer’s, on another computer a guy named MagmaHelmet222 is giving a lady in Bulgaria fifty cents to put a grape you- know-where.

LYLE: I do know where. I was there, pal. You look at T’s browser history or somethin’?

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Webcam psychologist is the closest Lyle can get to self-care.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
Ultra Peanut, no!

https://www.npr.org/2023/07/13/1187295769/otter-santa-cruz-surfboard-surfers-california

quote:

An aggressive sea otter in California is hassling locals by riding boards she stole from surfers in the lineup.

Steamer Lane is a legendary point break nestled along the rocky shores of Santa Cruz, home to swaths of experienced surfers, as well as a 5-year-old female sea otter with a growing reputation for repeatedly confronting surfers and kayakers.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
:siren: new strip is out on patreon :siren:

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

If Onstad ever attempts an animated Achewood again, he should, no joke, try to get Ice-T for Ray

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

YOU DID NOT LEARN ANYTHING NEW TODAY.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I like how Ray figures marathoning "Jordan Peterson Celebrates the Missionary Position" is a black tie affair

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
I did learn "dieresis" today, thank you Computer!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

moot the hopple posted:

I did learn "dieresis" today, thank you Computer!

I thought that was just a weird New Yorker thing!