Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Super Jay Mann posted:

Trying out Ironwood RPG, sent a request (under jman2050) to GOONS if that's fine.

Also applied to GOONs as DonIncognito

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.

Count Thrashula posted:

I haven't played an idle game since Cookie Clicker and that ASCII one years ago (Candy Box?) , what's the new hotness these days?

Unnamed space idle, is still my favourite. And the thread's.

Though if you haven't caught up on your classics, you should also play Paperclips and Shark game for a bit before going for the modern stuff.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

nrook posted:

fe000000 is still so loving good

beautiful game

Every single prestige tier just feels great

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

VictualSquid posted:

Unnamed space idle, is still my favourite. And the thread's.

Though if you haven't caught up on your classics, you should also play Paperclips and Shark game for a bit before going for the modern stuff.

Mine Defence is also a fun one.

Crell
Nov 4, 2008

Hot Leggy Blonde, you
got it goin' on.

NPR Journalizard posted:

Also applied to GOONs as DonIncognito

Got you. Not much change on ironwood yet, dev is making slow but steady progress on new features. Next release will be some sort of pet system. Still no guild storage which kind of sucks. Guild is mostly full, I think only one inactive person on 24/25 members.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

I’m still mad they removed thieving so quickly after adding it. No trade chat still sucks because cobalt tools are expensive af.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

USI protip: when the Damage Target Shard says "x2 damage to hull", it means, specifically, unarmoured hull. It doesn't do poo poo against armoured enemies and you're fighting those, you're better of putting it in the blue slot for x1.5 all damage.

This discovery brought to you by sector 23.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Toshimo posted:

For those playing at home, the answer was unbound research.

oh god I haven't run a full science-focused retrofit since crew was added and it was an exponential jump in everything, it's so easy to forget about it

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Chakan posted:

Mine Defence is also a fun one.
Mine Defense is great - if never going to be updated again, and the last few upgrades are absolute hellgrinds, so just stop when you feel done (around the time you're automating raising dragons imo)

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Mine Defense is great - if never going to be updated again, and the last few upgrades are absolute hellgrinds, so just stop when you feel done (around the time you're automating raising dragons imo)

Or just use a series of scripts to make the game play itself quickly!

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Post poste posted:

Or just use a series of scripts to make the game play itself quickly!
oh sorry I should have implied, this is with all the scripts you can scrape up via this thread and the reddit, because wow are there ever a lot of parts that need automation (starting with manual clicking surprisingly early, then buying Sandshrews imo)

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Crell posted:

Got you. Not much change on ironwood yet, dev is making slow but steady progress on new features. Next release will be some sort of pet system. Still no guild storage which kind of sucks. Guild is mostly full, I think only one inactive person on 24/25 members.

Applied as kirtar

thark
Mar 3, 2008

bork
More USI talk

What's the strat for building out base 3? I've unlocked the four cheapest building mat spaces and it seems even with (unupgraded) drain reduce I can't put in any parts producer without going negative on mats yet (possibly upgrading it a couple of times was a mistake)

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

thark posted:

More USI talk

What's the strat for building out base 3? I've unlocked the four cheapest building mat spaces and it seems even with (unupgraded) drain reduce I can't put in any parts producer without going negative on mats yet (possibly upgrading it a couple of times was a mistake)

I made the same mistake. Just stick to all green until you can get positive, or even until you have unlocked all spaces that can be unlocked like that.

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014
it's not a bad idea to switch between components and non components layouts to build and spend to get the multiplier and in fact will be necessary to do at base 4

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

USI: just unlocked v2 lasers and shields and finished sector 24. Is it worth switching from all kinetics to, say, a 2 kinetic/2 gatling laser v2 loadout? Most enemies here are armoured but it looks like a little ways into sector 25, enemies with armour and shields start spawning; I'm not sure if it's better to go with a split loadout, or stick with all kinetics and maybe turn on EMP shells when I hit sector 25.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I applied to join GOONS in Ironwood RPG. Name Zotics

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
Applied to join GOONS as DontMindMe

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
I got baited on a friend posting about an Orb of Creation update post.

...it was from last year. :negative:

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.

Deki posted:

I got baited on a friend posting about an Orb of Creation update post.

...it was from last year. :negative:

there was news about an update that actually got posted on steam in may. another big overhaul of the game type deal. Probably another month or so till it drops if i had to guess based on the timeline marple laid out?

Nea fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Jul 5, 2023

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014
I've been playing an incremental autobattler poe style game with the terrible name Nordicandia and it's pretty loving fun. There's offline progress and an auto run map mode and loot filters and all that good poo poo and a new season with a new class (Necromancer) starts tomorrow. If you end up playing post your referral code for people to use (you only get rewarded for the first 5 uses so make sure to edit it out) and feel free to join the guild [GAY], it's pride themed atm but I could definitely shift to a co-branding :P

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Saraiguma posted:

I've been playing an incremental autobattler poe style game with the terrible name Nordicandia and it's pretty loving fun. There's offline progress and an auto run map mode and loot filters and all that good poo poo and a new season with a new class (Necromancer) starts tomorrow. If you end up playing post your referral code for people to use (you only get rewarded for the first 5 uses so make sure to edit it out) and feel free to join the guild [GAY], it's pride themed atm but I could definitely shift to a co-branding :P

Pride themed necromancers: [DEAD AND GAY]

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Toshimo posted:

[DEAD GAY SO WHAT]

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

reserection

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!

Count Thrashula posted:

I haven't played an idle game since Cookie Clicker and that ASCII one years ago (Candy Box?) , what's the new hotness these days?

NGU idle isn't 'new' but it's very good

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Spokes posted:

NGU idle isn't 'new' but it's very good

Oh yeah I actually just dug into that!

Are there any good idlers for Android?

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Toshimo posted:

Lib and let die posted:

[DEAD GAY SO WHAT]

you can't change tag or guild name after creation but

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I just started space idle to see how i like that

Giant Octopus
Feb 23, 2015

Saraiguma posted:

Sounds rad, I'll play as soon as the season starts

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008

Saraiguma posted:

Tried it. No offline progress. Tutorial lies about prices (says a skill slot is 4 opals while in reality it's 400). So far seems to be a standard p2w crap.

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

MikusR posted:

Tried it. No offline progress. Tutorial lies about prices (says a skill slot is 4 opals while in reality it's 400). So far seems to be a standard p2w crap.

there's 12 hours of offline progress and slots are apparently cheaper for seasonal characters, also opals can drop from enemies

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

USI: any recommendations for what I should pick up as my next AI automation? So far I have:
- Auto Merge Shards (excellent)
- Research Auto Select (also excellent)
- Compute Optimize (nice, but should probably have been a cheaper QoL option rather than an automation)
- Reactor Auto Buy (doesn't work offline and thus a huge waste of points, I regret buying it)

I'm mostly considering Smart Craft 1 (if that works offline; it doesn't say) or Reactor Power Manager, since after completing the first Power Hungry challenge I have enough boost levels that managing them is pretty fiddly.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

ToxicFrog posted:

USI: any recommendations for what I should pick up as my next AI automation? So far I have:
- Compute Optimize (nice, but should probably have been a cheaper QoL option rather than an automation)
- Reactor Auto Buy (doesn't work offline and thus a huge waste of points, I regret buying it)

I'm mostly considering Smart Craft 1 (if that works offline; it doesn't say) or Reactor Power Manager, since after completing the first Power Hungry challenge I have enough boost levels that managing them is pretty fiddly.

Idk how it works offline because I don't close the client, but I bought the smart crafts early and they were extremely worth it.

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

Saraiguma posted:

Applied! Necromancer seems neat, glad I waited for it. Having the skeleton tokens actually moving with you like a proper Diablo-like is cool.

Do you unlock autocasting later?

gay devil fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Jul 8, 2023

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

ToxicFrog posted:

Smart craft is very good, and I regretted not getting it as soon as possible. I think it should have been the second to take after auto-merge, before anything else. It works offline.

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

gay devil posted:

Applied! Necromancer seems neat, glad I waited for it. Having the skeleton tokens actually moving with you like a proper Diablo-like is cool.

Referral 3ZAG SPSC THX6 1H6C for anyone needing one

if you look at the active skill masteries they all have an active and idle tree and the idle tree is usually some form of autocast

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

gay devil posted:

Referral 3ZAG SPSC THX6 1H6C for anyone needing one

e: nevermind. My code is 5LUB MRNV B45X 950L

Also requested a guild invite.

Salvor_Hardin fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Jul 8, 2023

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014
also note if you two want you can use each other's codes in a double incest reacharound

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Saraiguma posted:

also note if you two want you can use each other's codes in a double incest reacharound

Why did i have to read this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
smart crafting is vital for the synth challenges and kind of worthless the rest of the time.