Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

AlternateNu posted:

What?! Do you think I'm some sort of loving clown!?

...Mmmaybe! *queue laugh track*

“it was funny, their legs do stop working when they eat too much sugar, its called laminitis”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Just finished 10 Year Old Tom and its just great. The finale went places and gave us Tom's full name which had me laughing so hard I had to pause.

I think my favorite running gag was the parents not having names. Things like going to "Nelson's Dad Law Firm" or "A Speech by Dakota's Mom" on a screen behind her as she talks to a room full of adult strangers. They even straight up ask what Tom's Mom's name is and she replies "Tom's Mom".

I'm praying to any god that will listen that this is picked up for at least a 3rd season.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
All this 10 Year Old Tom talk has me finally watching Season 1. Tom's coach forcibly removing Tom's Sexy Red Sox shirt, setting it on fire and demanding that the class watch it burn absolutely killed me. And then I remembered, this is where the episode is starting from.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

limp_cheese posted:

Just finished 10 Year Old Tom and its just great. The finale went places and gave us Tom's full name which had me laughing so hard I had to pause.

I think my favorite running gag was the parents not having names. Things like going to "Nelson's Dad Law Firm" or "A Speech by Dakota's Mom" on a screen behind her as she talks to a room full of adult strangers. They even straight up ask what Tom's Mom's name is and she replies "Tom's Mom".

I'm praying to any god that will listen that this is picked up for at least a 3rd season.

Wait I missed the full name reveal.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

limp_cheese posted:

None of the adults have names they always have name tags like "Lunch Lady" and "Bus Driver"

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

"Just call me double D"
"Oh for Dakota's dad?"
"Sure..."

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Which is goofy because the adults do have names.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Neeksy posted:

Wait I missed the full name reveal.

Thomas Jimmy Buffet Jose Cuervo

His mom and dad thought it was a cool and funny name.

Another thing I love about that show is they play the kids like actual kids. It always makes me laugh when adults tell Tom something and he doesn't know what it is.

"Go get me some rubbers."

"I don't know what that is. What are they?"

"Uuhhh, they're like a raincoat for your penis."

limp_cheese fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Jul 7, 2023

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Caught some of the new Superman show and it’s anime as hell. Clark is a very very good boy and the platonic ideal of a himbo.

E - This is just straight up My Hero Academia in several design aspects. Hero boy has an overdrive mode with flashy lighting flair, hero boy’s mom is shorter and a bit pudgier than you’d typically see in character designs, ect. I’m here for it; it’s funny to see the Uno reverse card get played here.

Warbird fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Jul 7, 2023

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

limp_cheese posted:

Thomas Jimmy Buffet Jose Cuervo

His mom and dad thought it was a cool and funny name.

Another thing I love about that show is they play the kids like actual kids. It always makes me laugh when adults tell Tom something and he doesn't know what it is.

"Go get me some rubbers."

"I don't know what that is. What are they?"

"Uuhhh, they're like a raincoat for your penis."

OH i thought you meant including the last name somehow haha

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I was basically charmed by Clark and Lois' first interaction on My Adventures With Superman. It's on YouTube for folks in the States and maybe Adult Swim for everybody else?

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Dawgstar posted:

I was basically charmed by Clark and Lois' first interaction on My Adventures With Superman. It's on YouTube for folks in the States and maybe Adult Swim for everybody else?

The show was cute and fun enough that I immediately was searching to see if there was a thread here and found this thread. It might be one of the best takes on Superman in a recent while.

MisterDuck
Feb 27, 2013
Is that Chris Parnell as Deathstroke lol?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Yep that's Cyril as deathstroke. I also enjoyed Livewire and I hope she gets to loom more like her usual design going forward.

Hopefully having the fortress of solitude growing underneath the Kent household doesn't affect the soil quality.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Catching up with this thread….

- definitely found Unicorn underwhelming overall, but agree that Winston ended up being a really strong character. bring on Primal season 3!

- Ten Year Old Tom season 2 is fantastic. Dildarian has the best dry delivery ever, I laugh several times an episode just from him saying basic stuff.

- My Adventures With Superman is very cute so far! Down to continue for now.

- jesus christ PLEASE make a Viv thread for the love of god

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Wait, the white haired dude was deathstroke? Huh. Didn’t pick up on that for whatever reason.

Warbird fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Jul 8, 2023

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Warbird posted:

Wait, the white flavored dude was deathstroke? Huh. Didn’t pick up on that for whatever reason.

They don't name him in the episode but he's listed in the credits as Slade Wilson.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Ah well there you go. Deadpool has totally ruined that name for me so I doubt I would have even. Prices had I watched the credits.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Just watched the first two episodes of Superman and am joining the chorus that is great. They nailed my favorite characterization of Clark Kent (doofy charming boy who is not putting on an act), and I love how they've updated Lois and Jimmy while staying true to all the characters. Who knew that Jack Quaid would be the perfect Clark VA. The animation is great too.

Not sure why it's an Adult Swim show though. Everything in the first two episodes is entirely kid friendly. It's straight up a Saturday morning cartoon.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

MokBa posted:

Just watched the first two episodes of Superman and am joining the chorus that is great. They nailed my favorite characterization of Clark Kent (doofy charming boy who is not putting on an act), and I love how they've updated Lois and Jimmy while staying true to all the characters. Who knew that Jack Quaid would be the perfect Clark VA. The animation is great too.

Not sure why it's an Adult Swim show though. Everything in the first two episodes is entirely kid friendly. It's straight up a Saturday morning cartoon.

I think pushing it to AS was the only way to get to air.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Considering Zaslav was chopping up animations/movies left and right, it managing to get on AS is a blessing and I thank AS for picking it up.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

My impression is that someone at WBD has decided that Cartoon Network isn't going to air YA/older kid cartoons anymore and so stuff that would normally have shown up on it like My Adventures with Superman and Unicorn Warriors Eternal got moved over to Adult Swim.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
Although I think it's going to pull double duty. It's weird that it's debuting at midnight, but they're definitely airing it earlier in the day too.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
The new episode of Helluva Boss is out and while the animation isn’t as well as the other episodes I feel like it’s the best of season 2 so far. We actually get a lot of Millie this episode and she’s absolutely entertaining the whole time.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
Started a Helluva/Hazbin thread. OP is still a work in progress, but we can all go talk about the new episode over there

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4036125

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
I'm also going to chime in saying I loved My Adventures with Superman.

I loved Clark. I loved that Lois and Jimmy are getting way more focus.

I should have realized it was Slade due to the hair draped over one eye. It's just so obvious now.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I assume it'll air on All 4 in the UK with the rest of Adult Swim, but if Harley Quinn is anything to go by then it won't be for a while.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

My Adventures with Superman is SO good and looks so gorgeous, like while I was watching the first episode I could already tell this was going to be one of the greatest Superman things ever made. The characters are great, the action is great, the comedy is great, it's just wonderful in every way. Everyone on social media seems to be loving it too, I hope we get a lot more seasons.

It's insane that something this fantastic almost didn't come out! I'm glad that adult swim was able to save it, but it's a shame that they even had to save it in the first place, ya know?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I didn't realize Chris Parnell could do voices beyond... well the same voice he uses in every other role, but his take on Slade is really good!

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
I dug the two-parter on Adult Swim. It is a nice touch to see Amanda Palmer be the primary antagonist instead of Lex Luthor this season.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

MokBa posted:

It’s starting light but it seems to be following shonen pattern which means it can go from Saturday morning cartoon to something darker if the need arises.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Waffleopolis posted:

I dug the two-parter on Adult Swim. It is a nice touch to see Amanda Palmer be the primary antagonist instead of Lex Luthor this season.

Makes me wonder if we’ll get a guest cameo featuring ol’ Jonathan Cena.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Waffleopolis posted:

But will we see the rest of the Dresden Dolls?

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

The new Superman show, at least from the clips I've seen, looks pretty drat good for a western production. Warner animation can put together some really nice-looking stuff when they want to.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

One funny detail that I love is now that Superman is a 90s kid (actually probably 00s in this adaptation... gently caress), young Clark is wearing a shirt with the S on it. You know the one.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

MokBa posted:

One funny detail that I love is now that Superman is a 90s kid (actually probably 00s in this adaptation... gently caress), young Clark is wearing a shirt with the S on it. You know the one.

It's the absolute best thing for a kid Superman to wear.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Neeksy posted:

The new Superman show, at least from the clips I've seen, looks pretty drat good for a western production. Warner animation can put together some really nice-looking stuff when they want to.

Well, its animated by Studio Mir in Korea, as pretty much every american cartoon can't afford to get the work actually made stateside. I think Powerhouse Animation in Texas might be the exception although they do still use a lot of Korean studios for their in-between animation.

But yeah its a slick looking show. They use the drawings sparingly but the draftsmanship is good and like anime they put effort into the action sequences.

Ccs fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Jul 9, 2023

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

Neeksy posted:

The new Superman show, at least from the clips I've seen, looks pretty drat good for a western production.
people not in the Kids Show thread may not be aware that SA Goon Das Boo did some of the background art

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

muscles like this! posted:

My impression is that someone at WBD has decided that Cartoon Network isn't going to air YA/older kid cartoons anymore and so stuff that would normally have shown up on it like My Adventures with Superman and Unicorn Warriors Eternal got moved over to Adult Swim.

Very likely, since pushing the Adult Swim branding an hour earlier has already been really successful - so successful that Adult Swim is going to move forward again into the 6 PM hour starting in late August.

Deadline posted:

The push into 6 p.m. for Adult Swim comes after the first two weeks of its new 7 p.m. hour lifted tune-in among viewers 18 to 49 by 24%, with a 38% upswing in the 18-to-34 demo, compared with the previous Cartoon Network-branded schedule. Increases in the 18-to-49 bracket reached a peak of 66% on Mondays and 87% on Tuesdays, and the overall gains at 7 p.m. have carried over into the 8 p.m. hour. The network has risen to sixth place among ad-supported networks in prime-time compared with 12th in the weeks leading up to the expansion.

Linear cable ratings continue to sink like a stone, so anything making gains is going to be seized upon. That 6 PM start time is going to consist of an hourlong block of Millennial nostalgia shows like Dexter's Lab and Billy & Mandy. Kid-friendly programming, but airing under the Adult Swim banner. So yeah, any series in development with the potential for 18-35 crossover appeal is probably being funneled into the AS pipeline to air in the early evening/primetime and take advantage of this newfound ratings ploy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Is the regular cartoon network programming schedule still basically just one show? Its not very surprising that Adult Swim would do way better if that is the case.