Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

Invalid Validation posted:

I don’t know but they’re the most bland rear end people. I listened to retronauts a little bit and they have like no personality.

I think they're handsome and witty, especially that Bob Mackey fellow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

July Dispatch dropped.

Episode 683 – Garfield: The Movie with Bob Mackey and Henry Gilbert

Episode 684 – Mission: Impossible II

Episode 685 – American Pie 2 with Angelica Jade Bastién

Episode 686 – The Postman

Patreon Episodes:

Patreon Exclusive We Love Movies – Mission: Impossible

Animation Damnation: Gremlins: Secrets of the Mogwai: “Never Get Them Wet” (s1, e1)

The Nexus: TOS: “The Mark of Gideon” (s3, e16), TNG: “Transfigurations”(s3,e25)

Gleep Glossary: Han Solo

MelR0210: 90210 “Misery Loves Company” (s3, e1), Melrose Place: “Reunion Blues” (s2, e16)

Y'all were just asking for more AJB :)

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:
July rocks

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Invalid Validation posted:

I don’t know but they’re the most bland rear end people. I listened to retronauts a little bit and they have like no personality.

I tapped out a few minutes into the simpsons movie episode because they were so unlistenable. That’s the only episode I’ve ever had to do that.

Also at least one of them is also a goon.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

bobservo posted:

I’m glad you’re getting paid to do what you like. Wish I could.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

bobservo posted:

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

Jose Oquendo posted:

I tapped out a few minutes into the simpsons movie episode because they were so unlistenable. That’s the only episode I’ve ever had to do that.

Also at least one of them is also a goon.

I recommend you give them a second chance, and the best way to do that is to sign up for just five dollars a month at Patreon.com/TalkingSimpsons

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
I don't remember the Simpsons guys being memorable or bad, they were just there. Nothing like that insufferable guy who ruined the Die Hard: With a Vengeance episode.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
I don't fucken remember any guests or episodes. The audio flows past my smooth brain like water. I go "huh huh" occasionally. This is peak podcast listening.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.

Rageaholic posted:

July Dispatch dropped.

Episode 683 – Garfield: The Movie with Bob Mackey and Henry Gilbert

Episode 684 – Mission: Impossible II

Episode 685 – American Pie 2 with Angelica Jade Bastién

Episode 686 – The Postman

Patreon Episodes:

Patreon Exclusive We Love Movies – Mission: Impossible

Animation Damnation: Gremlins: Secrets of the Mogwai: “Never Get Them Wet” (s1, e1)

The Nexus: TOS: “The Mark of Gideon” (s3, e16), TNG: “Transfigurations”(s3,e25)

Gleep Glossary: Han Solo

MelR0210: 90210 “Misery Loves Company” (s3, e1), Melrose Place: “Reunion Blues” (s2, e16)

Y'all were just asking for more AJB :)

Angelica Jade Bastién, bitches!

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Mola Yam posted:

I don't fucken remember any guests or episodes.

This is mostly me, with 2 exceptions. Angelica Jade Bastién, who is the best guest they have. And Griffin Newman, who really is the Joker of podcast guests.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

thrawn527 posted:

This is mostly me, with 2 exceptions. Angelica Jade Bastién, who is the best guest they have. And Griffin Newman, who really is the Joker of podcast guests.

Steve voice: god damnit

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I have only turned off 2 episodes I can recall:
The Simpson Movie ep. because it was so boring and I could not be bothered to care.

The Royal Tenenbaums ep. when they went "i know some people do not like Wes Anderson' and Cabin yelled, 'OH gently caress OFF!" , so i did. sorta told me how that ep was going to go and i got better poo poo to do with my time.

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

The secret of steel has always
carried with it a mystery.

thrawn527 posted:

I did enjoy the Leprechaun 2 episode with the Deadmeat podcasters. But yeah Angelica was great on the Wonder Woman 1984!

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Besides Angelica I like Ben when he’s on but like most guests they don’t really add much cause it’s hard to stuff more people into the podcast when you already have 4 funny people trying to get their poo poo in.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

I liked the Gabrus episodes. He and Angelica are my two favorite guests. I don't remember the Simpsons Movie episode but then the Simpsons Movie is really unmemorable on its own. I think the family went to Alaska? Or Canada, maybe?

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

ive never turned off an episode. ever. :colbert:

BrownPepper
Dec 30, 2017
Point Break ep with the Chapo guys was good imo

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

It’s always sort of awkward when my close personal friends invite some of their other friends to the party that I don’t know.

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still

I've enjoyed the Dead Meat crossovers for Leprechaun, but I already watch some of the stuff from that channel so it was an easy adjustment.

For listener request month, I keep requesting they have Griffin on for Gleep Glossary.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

Leatherhead posted:

For listener request month, I keep requesting they have Griffin on for Gleep Glossary.

What character did he play in Star Wars? :v:

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Leatherhead posted:

I've enjoyed the Dead Meat crossovers for Leprechaun, but I already watch some of the stuff from that channel so it was an easy adjustment.

Griff doing a whole episode in character as Watto would fit right in with the other chaotic Gleep Glossary bits. I’d also like to hear him educate the guys about Gragra or TC-14.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I stopped listening to 90210 since it left the main feed but I can't believe they just got out of season 2 when it finally begins to really transform from an after school special to a trash teen drama we love.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

BigglesSWE posted:

I just did, and fair enough. But if he has a change of heart, I’m out!

I’ve already talked about this: the occasional alarm sound or whatever to annoy Chris is fun, constant breaks to listen to canned laughter or booing is not. It grinds it to a halt and slogs things down. It’s the same reason I stopped listening to Blank Check: Griffin doesn’t know when the bit is done.

Eric knows when the bit is done, but keeps going anyway and that's why he's my favorite. The soundboard gimmick is like the falling-down-the-hill scene from Hot Rod: from funny, to "okay, we get it" to "UGH wrap it UP this SUCKS" to "okay, okay, it's funny again."

Anyway, the Deal Dash "forty NMOLLARS" guy has been discontinued apparently, mourn with me.

lynch_69
Jan 21, 2001

Thanks to Eric I think about that loving commercial at least once a week.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
So Eric (and others) hate reserved seats when buying movie tickets, Cabin LIKES sitting in the first 2 rows of a theater....the group is unhinged at the movie theater.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

of course it was Crabin

https://twitter.com/ScottSullivanTV/status/1664366218877489152

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I think that tidbit perfectly encapsulates who Cabin is.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

enigmahfc posted:

So Eric (and others) hate reserved seats when buying movie tickets, Cabin LIKES sitting in the first 2 rows of a theater....the group is unhinged at the movie theater.

Chris just offhandedly mentioning that he and his wife sit in the front 2 rows was insane to me. He's experiencing movies on an entirely different level than the rest of us.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Bob's "My cheerios taste like lamb?" from the Garfield episode got a big laugh out of me

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

A Fancy Hat posted:

Chris just offhandedly mentioning that he and his wife sit in the front 2 rows was insane to me. He's experiencing movies on an entirely different level than the rest of us.

I had figured 1st row meant starting in the back :dogstare:

The Gillman
Jul 8, 2004
Beaten with a sack of sweet Valencia oranges
Grimey Drawer
Look, you have to have to make sure the light hits your eyes first so you can say you were the first one to see the movie

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

A Fancy Hat posted:

Yeah. The level that induces eye and neck problems :v:

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

At least you’re probably not sitting around a bunch of people making such deranged decisions.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

When you don't want to buy reserved seats, the first couple rows are all that's left.

(I have no idea if Cabin shares Eric's insane dislike of reserved seats.)

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Depending on the movie I might pick some seats closer to the front, but front 2 rows is unhinged.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

thrawn527 posted:

When you don't want to buy reserved seats, the first couple rows are all that's left.

(I have no idea if Cabin shares Eric's insane dislike of reserved seats.)

Eric is very correct

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Several of the theaters near us have a big enough space between the front row and the screen and are angled so that the front two rows own

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

I've been getting caught up on some Patreon stuff. The bit on the Babyknapped episode with Mt. Dew wine was killing me. They came up with like 20 things but Savignon Blast made me pause the podcast because I was laughing so hard. Neglecting the Lifetime episodes was a big mistake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I want me some diarrhea juice