Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Good to know that it’s not like the twisting nether card and is mass “remove from the game” rather than destroy.

I think sargeras is one of the more well-rounded titans we’ve seen so far. Hard removal for paladins/unholy DK/relic DH etc, endless free 5/4 taunts for grindy decks like priest and blood dk, and two 6/6s for pressuring decks without hard removal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

Shockeh posted:

Having Minions be anything but Battlecry or Deathrattle carriers. Stats sticking on the board, when Assassinate used to be the only one at 5 mana, and now there's (for example) a class with multiple cards that do the same (with minor 'costs' that aren't) for 3 mana.

Okay. Outcast DH needs board and doesn't rely on deathrattles or battlecries, just like enrage warrior. Paladin does too, and something like totem shaman makes board after board until one doesn't get cleared (also not reliant on DR or battlecries).

I don't think anyone is going to play yetis, but from my perspective, sticking stats still matters and is a competitive strategy leading to a profusion of decks trying to counter it.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

fanny packrat posted:

Okay. Outcast DH needs board and doesn't rely on deathrattles or battlecries, just like enrage warrior. Paladin does too, and something like totem shaman makes board after board until one doesn't get cleared (also not reliant on DR or battlecries).

I don't think anyone is going to play yetis, but from my perspective, sticking stats still matters and is a competitive strategy leading to a profusion of decks trying to counter it.

Oh let me be clear - I was just explaining the perspective as you asked; I concur. :v:

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Good to know that it’s not like the twisting nether card and is mass “remove from the game” rather than destroy.

I think sargeras is one of the more well-rounded titans we’ve seen so far. Hard removal for paladins/unholy DK/relic DH etc, endless free 5/4 taunts for grindy decks like priest and blood dk, and two 6/6s for pressuring decks without hard removal

Technically it's endless 3/4 taunts. Still really annoying to remove, but they don't do enough damage to be an automatic win condition.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

Shockeh posted:

Oh let me be clear - I was just explaining the perspective as you asked; I concur. :v:

Yeah, that's why I was asking that person what they meant, since I assumed they intended something along the lines of what you wrote and it's so incongruent with what I see in the game right now. There must be something else that we're both missing.

A perennial question is what the appropriate cost for an 8/8 with no effects at all should be for it to see play. 3 mana would probably see play. I think it gets iffy at 4, and probably wouldn't at 5. Rogue, for example, has spent the past year making powerless stat piles on about turn 4 (albeit accompanied by doing a whole lot of other things the same turn).

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Firebert posted:

Surely this time the portal that summons 3/2 imps will work
Also my first thought lol

Though if Legion Invasion also counts for the imps then yeah it'll probably work this time

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Easiest Wild legend in a looooong time. Might attempt the climb back to 11*.

this deck farmed almost all of the big meta players

It loses almost every game to Big Priest though

### Aggro Paladin
# Class: Paladin
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (1) Blessing of Wisdom
# 2x (1) Oh My Yogg!
# 2x (1) Redemption
# 2x (1) Righteous Protector
# 1x (2) Annoy-o-Tron
# 2x (2) Crabrider
# 1x (2) Far Watch Post
# 2x (2) For Quel'Thalas!
# 2x (2) Hand of A'dal
# 1x (2) Kotori Lightblade
# 2x (2) Nerub'ar Weblord
# 1x (2) Order in the Court
# 2x (2) Sword of the Fallen
# 2x (3) Seal of Blood
# 2x (4) Call to Arms
# 1x (4) Cariel Roame
# 1x (6) Horn of the Windlord
# 2x (10) The Garden's Grace
#
AAEBAaToAgb36AOR7APWoASh4gTA4gT26AUMjAHdCogO+NICg94DkeQDzusDyaAE2r0Eq5MFg5YFtZ4GAAA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Tin Tim posted:

Also my first thought lol

Though if Legion Invasion also counts for the imps then yeah it'll probably work this time

Of course it does - otherwise it would be a pointless power.

Sargerus seems good for any kind of control Warlock - if you have the kind of deck that might want Twisting Nether might as well add 1 mana for a Twisting Nether with added threat, long-term value, and flexibility to other board states.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The Choose your Titan thing is up. You vote for a Titan and then the highest voted ones advance to the next round. There are 3 rounds and 3 votes, you get 1 pack for voting and another if your Titan advances.

Everyone of the subreddit is voting for Sargeras to rig the vote, and he’s the most notable Titan by far anyway, so I highly recommend voting for him too if you want the max amount of packs

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Gully Foyle posted:

Of course it does - otherwise it would be a pointless power.
I mean there could be cards that say "summon x from the twisting nether". I do expect it to work with the imps but tbf you can't be completely sure until it's confirmed

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

RatHat posted:

The Choose your Titan thing is up. You vote for a Titan and then the highest voted ones advance to the next round. There are 3 rounds and 3 votes, you get 1 pack for voting and another if your Titan advances.

Everyone of the subreddit is voting for Sargeras to rig the vote, and he’s the most notable Titan by far anyway, so I highly recommend voting for him too if you want the max amount of packs

Manna Lee Roth posted:

Lord Sargeras, I will not fail you! Sweep your molten fist through this world so that it may be reborn in tempo and value!

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

RatHat posted:

Love everything about this. Bringing the community together to rig the vote in solidarity to squeeze free poo poo out of Blizz

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

AnacondaHL posted:

Love everything about this. Bringing the community together to rig the vote in solidarity to squeeze free poo poo out of Blizz

https://twitter.com/GallonHS/status/1677427468725276672?s=20

I’d unironically like an expansion where every card is an Imp pun

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!
I see this as nothing but an improvement for warlocks.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Warlocks have basically spent an entire expansion being a completely unplayable class, the deserve a bit of pampering

Szarrukin
Sep 29, 2021

another reason to vote Sargeras.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
I accidentally queued OTK Frost DK on ladder and managed to get a win, which is pretty rare. Turns out it beats energy shaper mage. I think I finished with 8 Glacial Advances to face, and another six in hand. I wish this deck was more competitive.

### Frotk
# Class: Death Knight
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Wolf
#
# 2x (0) Horn of Winter
# 2x (1) Foul Egg
# 2x (1) Skeletal Sidekick
# 2x (2) Defrost
# 2x (2) Frost Strike
# 2x (2) Harbinger of Winter
# 2x (2) Mosh Pit
# 1x (3) Chillfallen Baron
# 2x (3) Glacial Advance
# 2x (3) Nerubian Vizier
# 2x (3) Rimefang Sword
# 1x (4) Lady Deathwhisper
# 2x (4) Yelling Yodeler
# 2x (5) Rotten Applebaum
# 2x (6) Hollow Hound
# 1x (6) Overseer Frigidara
# 1x (7) Prison of Yogg-Saron
#
AAECAfHhBASH9gTE9gTMpQX++AUN9eMEguQE0e0EifYEtIAFtYAFoJkFopkFrqEFmMQFj+QF8OgF1Z4GAAA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
The Illidan plan to stop the Mechs worked flawlessly!

Until the last round, where for five consecutive minions it was Deflect-O plus a 1/1 token, and without fail they attacked the token. :smith:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

lol

Honestly this card is awful but it’s pretty funny

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
Not sure whose idea is was to bring one of the most badly-designed and widely reviled Magic mechanics to Hearthstone, but it should maybe go on their performance review.

My prediction is that the card will be simultaneously wildly overrated in terms of pure winrate and immensely frustrating in terms of the play experience.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

...it would be so much more powerful if it made your hero power become Scry 1

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

bravesword posted:

Not sure whose idea is was to bring one of the most badly-designed and widely reviled Magic mechanics to Hearthstone, but it should maybe go on their performance review.

My prediction is that the card will be simultaneously wildly overrated in terms of pure winrate and immensely frustrating in terms of the play experience.

My brain also leapt to Jace the Mind Sculptor but I have to remind myself that land cards don’t exist so it’s proooobably fine and you can’t lock people out of the game so easily

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Yeah MTG has land cards whichare basically If You Don't Draw These You Can't Play The Game. Hearthstone doesn't really have that. I don't think it'll be that bad.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

It seems like an awful card to me. I'm sure there will be some highlights where it happens to win or lose the game but usually people put good cards in their deck so it will be irrelevant if you draw one or another.
Edit: you also need to replace your HP which is bad most of the times.

Chernabog fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Jul 10, 2023

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Also Dredge still exists

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
I hope they also print polkelt-your-opponent for maximum griefing.

Gwaint
Oct 22, 2010

"Music is the truth. Just listen..."
Back in the Witchwood Days, I was that person who played Chameleos in every Priest deck since I loved knowing what cards my opponent had so I knew what to play around.

This card is pretty similar. I expect it to have a similar winrate to Chameleos but that won't stop me from playing it. Yes, please do give me more info on what cards you have and some extra control over what you get to draw next turn.

It almost certainly won't win games but it'll still be fun.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
are there even that many one-card win conditions? even in Wild I can only think of Quest Priest and Shudderwork and they've got plenty of ways to draw extra cards

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Well this will be played in literally every deck

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

RatHat posted:

Except pure Paladin. But this card could be good enough to have people play impure Paladin.

Honestly can’t believe they printed this.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
It’s a pretty slow value card and Rustrot viper is in core, seems perfectly fine

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Oh cool, 27 card decks!

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
can't wait to play my 10 mana windfury weapon and get 6 random 8 drops or 48 armor in the grindy control mirror

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

RatHat posted:

It's a very cool card but if you want to run this in aggro/temp and take the tempo loss of Forging and then playing a 2/4 on curve, by all means.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
True, it might be too slow in Hyper aggro/tempo. It’ll really depend on how good Forge cards are

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Which is the strong one? The 1 mana doesn't seem that good given that it's effectively 5 mana, the 10 mana is super expensive, I guess the 5 mana is the good one?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

No Wave posted:

Which is the strong one? The 1 mana doesn't seem that good given that it's effectively 5 mana, the 10 mana is super expensive, I guess the 5 mana is the good one?

Yeah 5 mana is the sweet spot.

If you can get decent attack on your hero you can get some good use out of 1 mana windfury, cleave or lifesteal though.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

The Lord Bude posted:

Except pure Paladin. But this card could be good enough to have people play impure Paladin.

Honestly can’t believe they printed this.

I'm honestly cooling down on this the more I think about it. It's a somewhat dead card against aggro (if you had enough wiggle room in a game to Forge and play a 4 mana 2/4 against aggro you've most likely already won that regardless),

and with Viper being omnipresent (or will be after this drops) you're basically only getting one swing of this in the control match ups, at which point the Weapon is just a worse Kazakus potion.

I'm marking this card as "sees more play than its actual WR justifies", feel free to laugh at me when this breaks the meta :v:

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

It’s a new finisher for spell DH - any DH really - they already have a 0 mana rockbiter; and iirc that’s not the only hero attack buff the class has.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

The Lord Bude posted:

It’s a new finisher for spell DH - any DH really - they already have a 0 mana rockbiter; and iirc that’s not the only hero attack buff the class has.

assuming they get a spell with Forge on it