Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
(Trails into Reverie - Prologue / Early Chapter 1)

The "Zero Craft" AT bonus is absolutely wild. Super exploitable. My only question is if the power of it changes if you have 200 CP.

Tesseraction posted:

The prologue boss didn't make me struggle, although it made me realise how used I've become to playing New Game Plus in terms of rolling mobs.

She makes every scene she's in better generally within a single line of dialogue, it's ridiculous.

I didn't really struggle, I just had some bad luck because I was unable to impede a quick-casted craft from the boss in its Enhanced state, My healer and two others bit it and I couldn't really recover.

- Definitely some very... odd things from the end of the prologue and the "opening credits."
- The highway zone description says "Mainz Mountain Path 1!" That means there's a "2."
- I completed my rounds and have to do a dungeon now. It's giving me a choice of three people to bring. I know there's no bonding points, so it doesn't really matter all that much, but I guess it will change some dialogue, so I guess I'll go with option 1, since more healing is better. EDIT: There was pretty much no new dialogue, it's strictly a gameplay choice.
- Despite dying once against the boss, I have not bought any equipment, I just upgraded everyone's weapons. Hopefully that won't bite, but I have a save if it does. EDIT: The second dungeon and boss went fine.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Jul 8, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."
I am not qualified to say whether or not Rixia's VA is pronouncing "Buzhihuo" correctly, but the way she sounds so startled by it makes it hard to believe she's saying it right. Bujiwaaa!?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

The "Zero Craft" AT bonus is absolutely wild. Super exploitable. My only question is if the power of it changes if you have 200 CP.

I still can't believe they actually did that

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Actually that's a question I've had, for people who've seen under the hood: Does S-Breaking, as opposed to using an S-Craft from the menu, make the S-Craft weaker? Unless I've desperately needed to interrupt an AT bonus or it's a supportive/defensive S Craft, I always try to use it from the menu because I've been assuming it made it weaker or had more delay as an S-Break, but is that true?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

No, it's the exact same as using it from the menu. So using it from the menu "loses" you a turn.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
well, that was peculiar. finished chapter 1, and the intro that played...played without music?

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
beginning act 2 - C route minor spoilers

Oh my god Nadia and Lapis are adorable.

theblackw0lf fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Jul 8, 2023

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy
Best Buy has not sent me an email confirming that my copy of Reverie has shipped :(

But also I still have to wrap up FF16 and then play through all of Cold Steel 3 and 4 so it's fine I guess :)

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Amazon came through and delivered my PS4 version of Reverie today, Target brings the Switch one tomorrow. I ordered the LE PS5 version from NISA but haven't heard a word about that yet.

Man i've played through Hajimari so many times and playing through with English voices now seems so unnatural.

Falcom does get pretty top notch VAs for the Japanese voices.

The bonuses for Zero/Azure/CS3/CS4 are pretty decent.

Pretty much feels like Falcom's greatest hits for this game.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Regarding Zero, is there some sort of condition for the Wald fight to get more DP? I was waiting to pop my S-Craft and didn’t realize there was a time limit, but I know doing well in unwinnable fights usually has the option for extra.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Last Celebration posted:

Regarding Zero, is there some sort of condition for the Wald fight to get more DP? I was waiting to pop my S-Craft and didn’t realize there was a time limit, but I know doing well in unwinnable fights usually has the option for extra.

2 extra DPs for winning in 32 turns or fewer

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
drat, that’s kinda a steep requirement, he takes so little damage from normal attacks and does a lot with his specials.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Last Celebration posted:

drat, that’s kinda a steep requirement, he takes so little damage from normal attacks and does a lot with his specials.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vn7MFUvmabY

:v:

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Umm, where do you get the fish darts? Are they from a new recipe I could have gotten by exploring after getting called for gang war stuff?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Last Celebration posted:

Umm, where do you get the fish darts? Are they from a new recipe I could have gotten by exploring after getting called for gang war stuff?

Fish Darts come from failing to cook Crispy Fry

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
So I definitely need to explore more, neat! No irony there, I’m liking hanging out in anime New York (?) so far.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Probably a silly question but there are like side quests and stuff eventually in Reverie? Just finished all routes Act 1 and a bit of Lloyd's Act 2 and it's been laser focused on the story so far.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

There's a metric ton of optional content but not really sidequests as per the usual Trails stuff, it should be opening up that fairly soon.

Terper fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Jul 8, 2023

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

Wasn’t expecting the doors from TC to make a reappearance. But I’m totally here for it.

Also I love these new characters so much.

theblackw0lf fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Jul 8, 2023

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh is that why the route screen has like 2/14 next to everything for a reason it hasn't explained

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

No that's just the date :v:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

(Trails into Reverie - Prologue / Early Chapter 1)

- The highway zone description says "Mainz Mountain Path 1!" That means there's a "2."

That's just how those areas are done in all of the games, the part of the map closest to town is <road> 1, that leads to <road> 2, which leads to <road> 3. It's not implying an alternative or parallel path.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Terper posted:

No that's just the date :v:

:suicide:

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
Reverie - Chapter 1, Lloyd Route End.

- What is this "these nameless generic soldiers are too strong" bullshit? No they aren't - not even in-game! I barely took any damage. Don't give me this crap!
- And what is RUFUS even DOING there??!!
- At least the game had the minor courtesy to only deal a little bit more than everyone's max HP with Rufus's S-Craft. Still bullshit.
- I can see now why people said that Lloyd's route is the weakest. These are all villains we fought before already. We've had the big confrontations and the defeats of them. We've been there and done this, gotten emotional catharsis. What's to be gained from regurgitating old conflicts?
- Where did all these people who were supposed to be imprisoned come from? Why did no one inform anyone about all these people going missing? Why is this the first time anyone is hearing about this? Why do prisons even exist?
- Yay, more mind-control bullshit, we wouldn't want to have to have actual reasons for conflict.
- And apparently also Ilya is mind-controlled(?) with a dye job, and also she, suddenly from out of nowhere is now a super-awesome fighter better than someone who trained their entire life at fighting. Sure.

Tesseraction posted:

That's just how those areas are done in all of the games, the part of the map closest to town is <road> 1, that leads to <road> 2, which leads to <road> 3. It's not implying an alternative or parallel path.

No, I meant that the number implied that I would be able to follow the path farther along (and I see a treasure chest as well).

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Jul 8, 2023

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

fyi if the c route feels harder for you

https://twitter.com/GuyWith_Cat/status/1677702341816975363

the new characters are all bugged to not have all their link abilities

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
So I'm maybe 8 hours into Trails FC

between Scherazard and Oliver, I'm really going to need the game to stop having these adults creep on Joshua

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Endorph posted:

fyi if the c route feels harder for you

https://twitter.com/GuyWith_Cat/status/1677702341816975363

the new characters are all bugged to not have all their link abilities

Lol I noticed that but didn't really twig there was anything wrong as it only showed up briefly during the link level up animation.

Maybe I should wait for a patch...

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

All playable characters not from CS4 have this issue on all versions of the game. NISA also translated things differently from previous games again, creating inconsistencies. Typical NISA fuckups.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

its a shame cause the actual base translation itself seems fine-good, just NISA not being willing to give things an extra pass

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Apparently I’m hearing that catching certain fish will hard crash the game too? Did NISA do any QA on this?

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
I guess I'll wait for a patch at the end of Rean's Act 1 route.

Mr. Fortitude posted:

All playable characters not from CS4 have this issue on all versions of the game. NISA also translated things differently from previous games again, creating inconsistencies. Typical NISA fuckups.

They even did that with voiced lines like Mireille's name.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Boy I'm sure glad that this 3 year old localization has practically no QA at all. That's my favorite.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

I guess I'll wait for a patch at the end of Rean's Act 1 route.

They even did that with voiced lines like Mireille's name.

You'd think they'd create a Trails bible to refer to for consistency's sake, which seems essential for a series like this. But nope!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Infinity Gaia posted:

Boy I'm sure glad that this 3 year old localization has practically no QA at all. That's my favorite.

NISA being NISA, the world keeps turning

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

I know people complain how every Trails villain gets a redemption arc, but gotta admit I find (prologue spoilers) Scarlet’s really touching.

theblackw0lf fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Jul 8, 2023

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I've completely forgotten who she was lol

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Yeah probably waiting for a patch on this one. Lots of text errors too.

Kinda strong for the first food you can make.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

Sakurazuka posted:

I've completely forgotten who she was lol

one of the people from the terrorist group in CS1 who had a pretty touching backstory.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

theblackw0lf posted:

one of the people from the terrorist group in CS1 who had a pretty touching backstory.

If by "touching," you mean "touched in the head," because it was a story of a bunch of incredibly pathetic whiners. No sympathy deserved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

theblackw0lf posted:

I know people complain how every Trails villain gets a redemption arc, but gotta admit I find (prologue spoilers) Scarlet’s really touching.

It was telegraphed from CS2, to be honest.