Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OrthoTrot
Dec 10, 2006
Its either Trotsky or its Notsky
In the UK Starz is for some reason included on Disney plus

Edit- no it's not. That's "Star". Whatever that is.

OrthoTrot fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Jul 6, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Starz is called Lionsgate+ in the UK.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

OrthoTrot posted:

In the UK Starz is for some reason included on Disney plus

Edit- no it's not. That's "Star". Whatever that is.

I think Star is some of what the US gets as Hulu which you can’t get.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Edward Mass posted:

Starz is called Lionsgate+ in the UK.
Pudding is called goat pie in the UK. You don't want to know what they call pudding.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Pudding is called goat pie in the UK. You don't want to know what they call pudding.
Well apparently they call it goat pie

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Martman posted:

And I think i know why they call it Goat Pie so im good there

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Deadloch is finished and it's really good, everyone should watch it.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Deadloch super loving owns hard, indeed.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Blasted through the other two and that was a top notch recommendation.

OrthoTrot
Dec 10, 2006
Its either Trotsky or its Notsky

Martman posted:

Spoiler tags please

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

A fat guy, a watermelon, and a stack of magazines?
Family.

George H.W. oval office posted:

Blasted through the other two and that was a top notch recommendation.

That reveal about Cary’s boyfriend in the finale is one of the best jokes I’ve ever seen

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

The American Gladiators docu on Netflix was really good. Lots of really neat info and behind the scenes footage from the early 90s.

It also consistently interviews a guy with one of the best name & title combinations ever:

Dick Askin - Head Executive

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Tim Whatley posted:

The American Gladiators docu on Netflix was really good. Lots of really neat info and behind the scenes footage from the early 90s.

It also consistently interviews a guy with one of the best name & title combinations ever:

Dick Askin - Head Executive

Yeah, it was good and surprisingly heartwarming too. You could tell all the gladiators they interviewed genuinely loved each other.

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar

Open Source Idiom posted:

Deadloch super loving owns hard, indeed.

God that show was so good. Managed to resolve surprisingly and satisfactorily too.

The last 5 seconds of the last ep is the hardest I've laughed for a very long time.

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

A fat guy, a watermelon, and a stack of magazines?
Family.
It was hard getting through those first few episodes but I’m glad I stuck with it because it did end up being great

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
The odd couple thing was starting to get a little too much but thankfully it settled down after maybe an episode and a half. Thanks to whoever recommended Deadloch earlier. Great fun.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
The Gladiator series is entertaining, but they definitely tell some of the same stories and cover the same topics multiple times across the episodes.

EDIT: Nitro and Gemini remain the most charismatic gladiators by a country mile.

EDIT: The gently caress on homeboy's epilogue! :stare:

The Modern Leper fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Jul 7, 2023

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
Deadloch has the funniest closing scene I ever saw

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
65 is on Netflix and I didn't really expect much but christ was that dumb.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

mcmagic posted:

65 is on Netflix and I didn't really expect much but christ was that dumb.

If you haven't seen 1-64 I can understand why you'd think that.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Jolo posted:

If you haven't seen 1-64 I can understand why you'd think that.

Seems like a big time commitment...

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Yeah 65 sucks, I saw it in theaters cuz of moviepass and it's not even bad cheesy fun. It's the kind of thing even weed wouldn't help. Don't even bother. It has no value whatsoever and waaaaaay less cool dinosaur poo poo and action than one would hope. Bland, lazy, tedious. Should've made Adam Driver green or some poo poo at least, if he's any alien then fully commit motherfuckers.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I saw the trailer for 65 and halfway through it said "So the movie is going to have a 'big twist' at the end that he's on Earth in the past and oh never mind they just said it in the trailer"

I suspect it was originally meant to be a surprise but go go marketing team

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

mcmagic posted:

Seems like a big time commitment...

Oh, it's the Adam Driver dinosaur movie! I literally couldn't think of what this was.

From the franchise that brought you the story of Jackie Robinson...

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
65 is maybe the worst movie I've seen this year, its amazing they made Adam Driver shooting at dinosaurs boring

Also you assume the whole time its gonna be time travel but nope, the movie opens with "BTW these are aliens that just looks like humans and they just crashed here" like its presented as joylessly as possible lol

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

They seem to have added this exposition text to the beginning of the movie as if test audiences had a hard time figuring out the most obvious poo poo ever?

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Wolfsheim posted:

65 is maybe the worst movie I've seen this year
Yeah second this for sure

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

the only person I know who went to see 65 in theaters did so because they hadn't seen trailers and just figured "adam driver sci-fi, should be ok." I feel like he was responsible for almost all of its box office.

seeing a single trailer it was like.... ok.... so you have sci-fi guns. and you're up against a bunch of lizards? where is the tension here

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.
65 had zero idea whether it wanted to be an elevated sci-fi or b-movie schlock, and that indecision was its fatal flaw.

I didn’t hate it, but I did feel jerked around and still left with mental blue balls.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I'm still sore that they decided to go the route of making up fake dinosaurs and turning them all into monsters. Realistic dinosaurs would have been so much cooler.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Wolfsheim posted:

65 is maybe the worst movie I've seen this year, its amazing they made Adam Driver shooting at dinosaurs boring

Also you assume the whole time its gonna be time travel but nope, the movie opens with "BTW these are aliens that just looks like humans and they just crashed here" like its presented as joylessly as possible lol

THAT'S the plot? It's not even time travel? Wtf??

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

feedmyleg posted:

I'm still sore that they decided to go the route of making up fake dinosaurs and turning them all into monsters. Realistic dinosaurs would have been so much cooler.

The fake dinosaurs make literally no sense if the whole point is that they are on earth... There was a decent movie in there but this wasn't it for sure.

Also of course the CGI looked like utter poo poo too.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Jul 8, 2023

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I realize that not every dinosaur movie can be Jurassic Park but it can’t be that difficult to make one that’s halfway decent

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The only way you're getting a good dinosaur movie besides Jurassic Park is if you count Godzilla and I don't think it's appropriate to act that god drat desperate for a dinosaur movie win

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
The only way to do a good dinosaur movie in 2023 is to go back to stop motion.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

The only good dinosaur properties are Jurassic Park 1 and Prehistoric Planet.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Tiny Timbs posted:

The only way you're getting a good dinosaur movie besides Jurassic Park is if you count Godzilla and I don't think it's appropriate to act that god drat desperate for a dinosaur movie win

excuse me???

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Wolfsheim posted:

excuse me???

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Tiny Timbs posted:

There is also King Kong, the original Lost World, One Million Years B.C., Valley of Gwangi- okay it’s mostly O’Brien/Harryhausen.

I’d also make a case for The Planet of Dinosaurs and The Last Dinosaur.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Wolfsheim posted:

excuse me???

poo poo i forgot about this one