Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Cody misunderstood what Cena meant when he said, "oh, you don't need a belt."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Gonzo McFee posted:

WWE will put on a clip show and tell you it's the Godfather.

Come aboard the Roooooooo Traaaaiiiinnnnn

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Bloodline stuff was too long but had some good stuff in it. The crowd was into it though.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 26 hours!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

It’s ironic that Roman is doing his best work against the release of Indiana Jones 5 when he’ll probably have a starring role in Indiana Jones 6 in 2025

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Watching Roman cut a promo for 40 minutes sounds almost as boring as watching Roman wrestle for 40 minutes.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I guarantee that 40 minute segment could have been 12 minutes and accomplished the exact same thing.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

That’s what WWE does. Spend 2 and half hours talking and 15 minutes of wrestling. I just assume anyone actually watching live just uses it as background noise cause no sane person would be engaged by it.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Invalid Validation posted:

That’s what WWE does. Spend 2 and half hours talking and 15 minutes of wrestling. I just assume anyone actually watching live just uses it as background noise cause no sane person would be engaged by it.

Sleep is their competition iirc.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Shine posted:

The grim reaper is their other big competition judging by their demos

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

The big dog 🐕

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

the sex ghost posted:

Was waiting for this. Thank you

Low hanging fruit is my specialty!

:cheersdoge:

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

The_Rob posted:

I guarantee that 40 minute segment could have been 12 minutes and accomplished the exact same thing.

Raw reviews from like 20 years ago are full of “it took me 10 seconds to write that, it took them 20 minutes to say it”

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
I look forward to Cody inducting Tony Khan into the WWE Hall of Fame

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The president inducting the owner is a bit ostentatious, but hell, I'll still watch.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

MJeff posted:

I watched it on youtube so you don't have to --

Roman was in "tribal court", which he resented. The Usos played clips of him manipulating and abusing them, he flipped it on them, accused them of compiling all of his worst moments to make him look like someone he's not, said he was already a top guy before he started the Bloodline, he only did it to take care of all of them and their families, basically said "I don't need this poo poo, I'm done", made like he was gonna give the Bloodline to Jey, kneeled down, Jey, the biggest idiot on planet Earth, was comforting Roman, Roman socked him in the balls, they all fought for a bit, Jey gets tied up in the ropes and has to watch them beat the poo poo out of Jimmy. Later, Jey comes back down, attacks Solo and Roman with a chair, challenges Roman for his title.

How the hell did this take 40 minutes

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
I imagine there's a lot of pauses for boos and chants and whatnot

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

apophenium posted:

Paul Heyman going 👁️👄👁️

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
Roman's entrance takes a good 10 minutes

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Also there's no way they could have stopped themselves from putting in at least one or two commercial breaks

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

It takes 8 minutes just for the nuclear heat to die down so Roman can start talking

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
I don't remember the last time I watched RAW on TV but I remember when someone started to make their entrance, a commercial break happened, they came back and showed some unrelated video package/ppv teaser + a recap of last week that might've also been unrelated to the wrestler, went to another commercial break, and then when they came back the wrestler was in the ring and their music was still playing.

I know how TV tapings work because I've been to a ton but it must have been excruciating for a wrestler to come out and spend 15 or so minutes warming the crowd, then having the crowd watch something unrelated, then warming the crowd one more time before coming back to start their match.

not only does WWE not value the viewers time, they don't even value their performers time. I guess that's obvious when everyone's expected to be at every single TV show "just in case"

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

apophenium posted:

Yeah, again, the crowd was into it and there were a lot of chants that they played off of.

I do think it should've been at least half the time, but it's funny to see people who didn't watch it say it must be bad, but the live audience was into it the entire time.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Was the live audience into it or was the audience they dubbed over the top into it

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Hirez posted:

Roman's entrance takes a good 10 minutes

i remember someone in here ran the numbers but a couple years ago one roman entrance was more time than the women got that month

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

History Comes Inside! posted:

Was the live audience into it or was the audience they dubbed over the top into it

They were having to mute the audio because they were cursing, so they were real chants.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Ringo Roadagain posted:

How the hell did this take 40 minutes

Clip show episode rear end booking

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Shine posted:

lol still gets a laugh out of me every time

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
https://twitter.com/JohnCena/status/1677900301930582017?s=20
make it happen mr. cena

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
Did Cena wrangle control of his twitter account recently because usually it was only his instagram posting weird stuff

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Codependent Poster posted:

Yeah, again, the crowd was into it and there were a lot of chants that they played off of.

I do think it should've been at least half the time, but it's funny to see people who didn't watch it say it must be bad, but the live audience was into it the entire time.

A WWE crowd being into something isn't exactly a flex, they'll cheer for anything now.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Codependent Poster posted:

These are the same people that still cheer for Vince.

A WWE crowd being into something doesn't mean it's good.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Not gonna watch the segment because it’s very long but I bet it was probably fine.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

NienNunb posted:

Not gonna watch the segment because it’s very long but I bet it was probably fine.

It was, there were positive crowd sounds being played on my television during it

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Vandar posted:

A WWE crowd being into something doesn't mean it's good.

WWE fans is to begging for Emmys as MCU/comics fans is to begging for Oscars

Even if they show up (doubtful given the recent box office trends for one) and are loud (doubtful given the piped-in noise for the other), neither prove they're correct

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Jul 9, 2023

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

lol at this forum being incapable of accepting that things they don't like can be good and enjoyed by others

This forum when a crowd enjoys a segment and it gets good ratings: "well actually nobody liked it and it wasn't good even though I didn't watch it but still post about it for some reason"

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

sorry the show you like sucks

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

sorry the show you like sucks

That's okay, I'll still keep watching that garbage

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

the damned IWC

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i'm sure lots of people like it but it's still not good to me. i hope that's alright

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I never doubted the fans in the crowd liked it. I doubted their intelligence in doing so.