Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Nix Panicus posted:

All of the people saying Ukraine should decide whether or not it wants to use cluster munitions on its land assume Ukraine is a homogenous country, and that the people who pulled a coup to depose the democratically elected president favored by the eastern half of the country aren't absolutely giddy at the idea of forever salting the fields of their rivals.

I’ve said it before but in a my own experience there is more bad blood between orthodox Ukrainians and catholic Ukrainians than there is between Ukrainians and Russians :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

every cluster bomb fired at civilians frees up a conventional bomb to shoot at the russians

so efficient!

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Futanari Damacy posted:

I’ve said it before but in a my own experience there is more bad blood between orthodox Ukrainians and catholic Ukrainians than there is between Ukrainians and Russians :shrug:

You say this, but I feel like the coup indicated some deep east/west tensions

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Enjoy posted:

if the use of exploding statues shortens the war against carnism then it will save countless animals lives and be justified

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Cao Ni Ma posted:

lmao, countdown till we see Ukraine shell Donetsk city with these for no real reason other than to harm civilians

at least cities are mostly made up out of hard surfaces, maybe there will be less UXO

lol

also shelling donetsk is a way to put political pressure on the russians and force them to deploy assets in response, there is a real military rationale to it. it's very grim, but so is everything else about this stupid war

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

This war could end at any moment if only Ukraine would put down its weapons and leave Russian annexed territory

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/kajakallas/status/1677659297600217091?t=j43kN8zSGtyr1F0aufEObQ&s=19

What the gently caress is happening

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

NAFO are the real soldiers of this war

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

They are trying to give me a stroke, I think.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Yuck!!

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

lumpentroll posted:

you know what i enjoy? hamburgers.

I haven't had one in week's, but I keep thinking about eating one.

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

cluster bombing... safely

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

gradenko_2000 posted:

I'm especially proud of how the Dragonborn Fighter turned out.

yeah that little dude looks great

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
I was recently on vacation and I thought I'd get really into the local food but all I ate was goddamn hamburgers

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

V. Illych L. posted:

at least cities are mostly made up out of hard surfaces, maybe there will be less UXO

lol

also shelling donetsk is a way to put political pressure on the russians and force them to deploy assets in response, there is a real military rationale to it. it's very grim, but so is everything else about this stupid war

Counter point: they've been doing it for years before Russia got involved, and it hasn't worked before or since.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Futanari Damacy posted:

I was recently on vacation and I thought I'd get really into the local food but all I ate was goddamn hamburgers

best vacation mode is somewhere off the beaten path with only a general store nearby, a nice outdoor grill and a great view. so this is not necessarily a bad thing.

Blaisedell
May 7, 2008

this is your brain on liberalism

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

genericnick posted:

They are trying to give me a stroke, I think.

no low is ever too low for twitter grifters

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
They have been shelling Donetsk all of this time and have already hit it with with petal mines (which this thread thought was hilarious).

January 6 Survivor
Jan 6, 2022

The
Nelson Mandela
of clapping
dusty old cheeks

( o(

Well, I'll give them the enthusiasm part.

Not too sure about the rest though

Dikkfor
Feb 4, 2010

500 days of Stürmer

adebisi lives
Nov 11, 2009
That really tips the scales for me, Estonia is not a real country. Confirmed for onion slop eaters.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Blaisedell posted:

this is your brain on liberalism

I've had quite enough liberalism thanks.

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

lmao

tazjin
Jul 24, 2015

what does it say

speng31b
May 8, 2010

tazjin posted:

what does it say

I don't think you're missing anything, the reactions are just lol at the legitimacy being given to the racist twitter poo poo trolls as posting is praxis warriors by the prime minister

January 6 Survivor
Jan 6, 2022

The
Nelson Mandela
of clapping
dusty old cheeks

( o(

tazjin posted:

what does it say

like, you can't read it because it's blocked where you are?

"Greetings to #NAFOfellas at the first-ever #NAFOSummit in Vilnius.

#NAFO is a living example of how to disarm Russian disinformation with humour, intelligence and enthusiasm. Behind every Fella is a real person who believes in #Ukraine’s victory.

Thank you for your service."

and it's a picture of the whitest lady standing in I guess her office? Conference room? Onion slop budget allocation commission hall?

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Furthermore, Estonia must be destroyed

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Stalin was too kind to the Baltics

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
online circlejerking, the most important thing in war

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Cao Ni Ma posted:

lmao, countdown till we see Ukraine shell Donetsk city with these for no real reason other than to harm civilians

We'll never hear of it.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Futanari Damacy posted:

can’t wait for 30 years war part 2: great schism edition

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

lol the nafo summit couldn't even land the estonian prime minister

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

spacetoaster posted:

We'll never hear of it.

if you look for it you'll find it but everyone else will tell you its russian propaganda

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

this is loving embarrassing for literally everyone involved and also everyone not involved

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Palladium posted:

online circlejerking, the most important thing in war

Is the only theater the Ukrianians have the clear advantage in thanks to US No-Posting zones

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

what is the most reliable map of lines of control? realizing that nothing’s going to be that objective

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

KomradeX posted:

Stalin was too kind to the Baltics

Lenin's naivete is why Novorossia was fused to Galicia.

Stalin's mercy is why we still have Banderists today.

I.e. the Soviets were too kind and gentle and had too much faith in humanity.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

what is the most reliable map of lines of control? realizing that nothing’s going to be that objective

suriyak and deep state have good sourcing and update quite frequently. suriyak has a moderate pro-russia lean, deep state is militantly pro-ukrainian but is also quite honest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Cerebral Bore posted:

this is loving embarrassing for literally everyone involved and also everyone not involved

I am secondhand embarrassed just knowing about this! :(