Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
Who actually did the Zelda song? I don't know if my download even had the artist filled in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Turbinosamente posted:

Who actually did the Zelda song? I don't know if my download even had the artist filled in.

https://youtu.be/SDwk59K0KMQ

Some guy.

"This is the 2001 flash video by Josh Spaulding to the 1998 Legend of Zelda song by Joe Pleiman. This is not made by System of A Down like some believe."

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Cousin Todd posted:

https://youtu.be/SDwk59K0KMQ

Some guy.

"This is the 2001 flash video by Josh Spaulding to the 1998 Legend of Zelda song by Joe Pleiman. This is not made by System of A Down like some believe."

huh, somehow i've never heard that one

i thought maybe folks had been taking about this one, also from around 2000
https://ocremix.org/remix/OCR00209

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
McDonald's Rap - Tai Mai Shu

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

HonorableTB posted:

McDonald's Rap - Tai Mai Shu

Dude I loved that and somehow felt like me and my little brother were the only ones to ever hear it.
https://napster-comedy.fandom.com/wiki/Tai_Mai_Shu
Also I guess there is now a wiki to tell us what we were listening to on Napster.
https://www.youtube.com/@BradleyLum/videos
Oh no his comedy died like 12 years ago and he's pretty funny and then he got into shady marketing grifts for a few weeks back in 2021.

Internet Old One fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Jul 7, 2023

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
All prank calls were Jerky Boys, even ones with Roy J Mercer

DeusIgnis
Jan 17, 2010

Junk posted:

rammstein was any german metal song or sometimes even non-metal

group x was any tailban themed parody song after 9/11

I remember a Final Fantasy X boss fight being attributed to Rammstein.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Weird Al - Toast.mp3

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Primus - Gin And Juice (country version)

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
Super Mario rap

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
The Rabbit Joint are who performed that song that gets attributed to System of A Down.

https://summervillains.bandcamp.com/album/the-rabbit-joint

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Houle posted:

The Rabbit Joint are who performed that song that gets attributed to System of A Down.

https://summervillains.bandcamp.com/album/the-rabbit-joint

AKA Joe Pleiman

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Don't forget Brandon DiCamillo's weird mock-Asian rap song from CKY being listed under the name of virtually every Asian celebrity you could name.

Stonehouse Beach
Feb 8, 2019

Houle posted:

It's revanced now. Pretty good. Makes YouTube usable.

Well I don't have any excuse now! Thank you

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum

Bad Purchase posted:

huh, somehow i've never heard that one

i thought maybe folks had been taking about this one, also from around 2000
https://ocremix.org/remix/OCR00209

It has been a hot loving minute since I’ve seen an ocremix link

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Original_Z posted:

Super Mario rap

Was that the Cocoa Brovaz one?

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Hotel Kpro posted:

It has been a hot loving minute since I’ve seen an ocremix link

Awesome Games Done Quick and Summer Games Done Quick speedrunning marathons both use OCR music for their background music. It owns

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Who made the "Captain. Jean Luc Picard " song and did they ever go on to make anything else?

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

whats your favorite anime?

for fucks sake
Jan 23, 2016

Wendigee posted:

whats your favorite anime?

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

regulargonzalez posted:

Who made the "Captain. Jean Luc Picard " song and did they ever go on to make anything else?

It’s mentioned on the Star Trek Podcast Greatest Generation that uses / used it as their intro music for a long time.

https://greatestgen.fandom.com/wiki/The_Picard_Song

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
This reddit thread turned into a ytmnd thread pretty quickly with all the musical references. I'm okay with this.

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Are the John Oliver posts supposed to be funny or something? I don't get it

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

hello internet posted:

Are the John Oliver posts supposed to be funny or something? I don't get it

Oliver thinks they are funny, and they are in keeping with his brand of malicious compliance as a form of activism. Honestly these comments just read like "why do the protesters have to inconvenience everyone!" takes you always hear from people wildly disconnected from "the point".

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Wasn't the Love Shack/Toxic mashup a goon creation?

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Cousin Todd posted:

Oliver thinks they are funny, and they are in keeping with his brand of malicious compliance as a form of activism. Honestly these comments just read like "why do the protesters have to inconvenience everyone!" takes you always hear from people wildly disconnected from "the point".

I'm not bothered by it at all, I'm just curious if people open it and actually like laugh

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

hello internet posted:

I'm not bothered by it at all, I'm just curious if people open it and actually like laugh
People have weird and varied senses of humor, op

regulargonzalez posted:

DarkMateria?
They made a Worf song that was good but not as great.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

hello internet posted:

Do people make posts like this thinking they sound normal and not like a lizard in a human suit?

Lots of questions right now op

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
I see the "Hide" button for posts on Reddit has suddenly been removed. They're calling it an unexpected """""bug""""" that they're "trying" to fix. That must be soooooooo hard to fix since it's still broken a day later. Guess we'll all just have to scroll more and give them more ad revenue due to their unfixable "bug"

Yeah right...

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Ha Ha Ha... YES!
the game is called mario twins

they look the same

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
They look so god damned like the same person I would ask if one want ice cream cone they both say yes

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Grassy Knowles posted:

They look so god damned like the same person I would ask if one want ice cream cone they both say yes

yes

frest
Sep 17, 2004

Well hell. I guess old Tumnus is just a loverman by trade.
every single person i lived with in college had all of these misattributed songs, the difference is they kept getting the ones with .exe at the end

i did not really anticipate how disruptive just not using reddit on my phone anymore would be. i am waiting for the bus, open my phone, go to hit the shortcut but it's not there, remember why it's not there, put the phone away and do something else instead.

this feels like a masterclass in how to absolutely destroy your website lol they broke me from a pretty deeply ingrained habit overnight

almost1337
Jun 14, 2013

The male likpatons turn around the nucleus formed of female boobons and neutral bolsterons

Grassy Knowles posted:

How in the hell?

Clown Suit Cowboy
Jun 27, 2023

frest posted:

i did not really anticipate how disruptive just not using reddit on my phone anymore would be. i am waiting for the bus, open my phone, go to hit the shortcut but it's not there, remember why it's not there, put the phone away and do something else instead.

I noticed my attention span improved as that ingrained behavior stopped. Turned me off of social media entirely. I feel sorry for 3rd party devs, but thanks Reddit for forcing me off.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

a snazzy tater posted:

I noticed my attention span improved as that ingrained behavior stopped. Turned me off of social media entirely. I feel sorry for 3rd party devs, but thanks Reddit for forcing me off.

yeh, RIF quit working for me on my phone so I simply don't go to that site on my phone anymore. I'm anxiously anticipating the fallout from Reddit's greed.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
So are you all just going to go back to Reddit once you either give in and use their lovely app or someone finds a workaround?

frest
Sep 17, 2004

Well hell. I guess old Tumnus is just a loverman by trade.

Heath posted:

So are you all just going to go back to Reddit once you either give in and use their lovely app or someone finds a workaround?
i'm not using that trash. there's no getting around the fact that reddit is still a pretty repository for a lot of niche video game questions and so forth, so i'm not on a holy crusade to never read it on desktop ever again, but for my idle timewasting doomscrolling i think i'm good for now without it.

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

Resist the siren call of rhinocerosness

College Slice

Heath posted:

Nope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

(C) American Megatrends Inc.,

Heath posted:

Nope it's almost unusable without the third party apps, so while I'm still going to click on a reddit result when googling for something, I'm not going to be spending any time there.