Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Big Z is legend. The rarest of people. A good man in the right place at the right time with the authority to make moves. Imperfect and human sure. But if you had to roll the dice on a leader, hard to do better.

Putin on the other hand is a real piece of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Sedgr posted:

Big Z is legend. The rarest of people. A good man in the right place at the right time with the authority to make moves. Imperfect and human sure. But if you had to roll the dice on a leader, hard to do better.

Putin on the other hand is a real piece of poo poo.

Zelensky is imperfect and only human, but gently caress me if he wasn't the right man at the right place and time. He's earned his place in the history books.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
He also gets under the skin of tankies and it's great

Vaginaface
Aug 26, 2013

HEY REI HEY REI,
do vaginaface!
Yeah dude rules. The fact that he's a literal actual professional clown dunking on Putin who thinks he's caetzar is art. But never deify anyone, he's a person and the longer this goes on there will be valid criticisms we shouldn't dismiss

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Also NAFO has done some heavy work too making GBS threads on russia disinformation. Russian disinformation is massively down compared to first few months at the start of the war. Bonus of enraging tankies. The fact that it is banned here as a compromise just shows you how effective it is.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/MarcinRogowsk14/status/1677647939307548672
There's finally a pic of that An-72 they said became a complete loss in Rostov.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

zone posted:

https://twitter.com/MarcinRogowsk14/status/1677647939307548672
There's finally a pic of that An-72 they said became a complete loss in Rostov.

That is an adorable airplane, looks like a little kid drew it.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Vaginaface posted:

Yeah dude rules. The fact that he's a literal actual professional clown dunking on Putin who thinks he's caetzar is art. But never deify anyone, he's a person and the longer this goes on there will be valid criticisms we shouldn't dismiss

yeah that's the big one.

The longer this goes on, or if it finishes and then the hard work of clean up begins, its only a matter of time before he has to make some unpopular choices or simply makes mistakes that can't be solved with wartime speeches. I hope things go well, the war ends and Zelensky immediately reinstates elections as soon as possible and refuses to run for election himself. Just peace out at the top.

Don't make Churchill's mistake, is what I'm saying.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Tai posted:

Also NAFO has done some heavy work too making GBS threads on russia disinformation. Russian disinformation is massively down compared to first few months at the start of the war. Bonus of enraging tankies. The fact that it is banned here as a compromise just shows you how effective it is.

Oh is that why there hasn't been any fella posting anymore, that's a shame. They were delightful

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Carth Dookie posted:

yeah that's the big one.

The longer this goes on, or if it finishes and then the hard work of clean up begins, its only a matter of time before he has to make some unpopular choices or simply makes mistakes that can't be solved with wartime speeches. I hope things go well, the war ends and Zelensky immediately reinstates elections as soon as possible and refuses to run for election himself. Just peace out at the top.

I hope he doesn't too, but it really does look like he's extremely weary of what's happened and is still happening. He went on record last year in saying that he wanted to leave his position as soon as elections could be arranged once again.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/Maks_NAFO_FELLA/status/1677683826204499972
It's just good business, vatnik scum. Cope and seethe as much as you like about it.

https://twitter.com/Maks_NAFO_FELLA/status/1677685152892219393
here's a small amount of captured 152mm ammo for D-20s. Waste not, want not.

zone fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Jul 8, 2023

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Carth Dookie posted:

yeah that's the big one.

Churchills mistake was offering no comprehensive plan for how to britain better after the war and (in hindsight) doing genocides.

Its why he lost. He was still very popular but the British public didnt trust him to rebuild.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Comedy option. Zeelensky becomes head of NATO

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

https://twitter.com/JimmySecUK/status/1677673744997793792

https://twitter.com/ZelenskyyUa/status/1677679101761519616?s=20

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Lmao, betrayed by Erdogan? Unheard of!!

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

How could Türkiye do this? :qq:

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

I regret looking at the comment section of that one, as always. Full of sub-moronic "peace advocates" just asking questions

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
It’s okay they are living in north turkey

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/JuliaDavisNews/status/1677663741742120961

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Tai posted:

Comedy option. Zeelensky becomes head of NATO

Comedy option? If Ukraine joins NATO and Zelensky resigns from office I can't think lf anyone better qualified to be Secretary general and what a gently caress you that would be to Putin. If nothing else Stoltenberg could finally step down and I dunno, be reunited with the concept of lutefisk.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

I doubt he'd seek any kind of leadership role in nato, he doesn't strike me as someone who lives for this sort of thing

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Literal comedy option. Zelensky says that he's done with politics and goes back to his first love, comedy. Stars in a movie about a president who suddenly becomes an actor.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Shogeton posted:

Literal comedy option. Zelensky says that he's done with politics and goes back to his first love, comedy. Stars in a movie about a president who suddenly becomes an actor.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Shogeton posted:

That sounds ridiculous!

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Shogeton posted:

End the war early to participate in Paddington 3 dub

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
Obama charges hundreds of thousands of dollars to give speeches and attend corporate events, and he didn't do poo poo as president. Zelensky could make several million dollars a day on the speaker circuit.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

zone posted:

Zelensky is imperfect and only human, but gently caress me if he wasn't the right man at the right place and time. He's earned his place in the history books.

I would match him with Churchill with regards to person, place, time.

If he doesn't mess up after the war ends then he's pretty much set up as the man for the next few centuries.

(i have no love for Churchill but he was the man on the spot) :shrug:

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

The X-man cometh posted:

Obama charges hundreds of thousands of dollars to give speeches and attend corporate events, and he didn't do poo poo as president. Zelensky could make several million dollars a day on the speaker circuit.

he actually has quite the accent in english and actual ukrainians are poor

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/Flash_news_ua/status/1677706895778369538
Just in case the vatniks needed to screech some more about Sarmats and Istanbul actually being Greek again.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Why did everyone get the dumb checkmarks? Now I basically see no tweets in this thread :mad:

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1677622480788226049
:qqsay:

Oldsmobile
Jun 13, 2006

I'm not the kind of person who points out people's sizes or even notices and this photo probably has some lens effect going on it but goddamn is he petite :monocle:

mobby_6kl posted:

Lmao, betrayed by Erdogan? Unheard of!!

This made me laugh. It's a bit funny when people in the west never expect anything but the worst from the guy and when he does come through it makes everyone happy. Whereas the Russians are just clinging to whatever they can get.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/Flash_news_ua/status/1677723553200848897
t. Russia that violated almost all the agreements they made, like evacuation corridors. gently caress you, you double dealing parasites.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Oldsmobile posted:

This made me laugh. It's a bit funny when people in the west never expect anything but the worst from the guy and when he does come through it makes everyone happy. Whereas the Russians are just clinging to whatever they can get.

Erdogan cares only about Erdogan. If he does something that others like, it's because he is personally coming out ahead in the deal and others benefiting from it is entirely coincidental.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1677716807774248962
Return to sender as soon as possible.

Oldsmobile
Jun 13, 2006

One of those "this is extremely hosed up and funny at the same time" types of deals. But yeah, this war will definitely be remembered for this genre of video (among many other things).

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

The_Franz posted:

Erdogan cares only about Erdogan. If he does something that others like, it's because he is personally coming out ahead in the deal and others benefiting from it is entirely coincidental.

Yeah, he'll probably go to Russia to see what he can get to remain neutral or whatever.

Or maybe he actually sees how weak and exposed Russia is right now.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Honestly, this might be a bad thing. It's better for Ukrainian POWs to spend the war in Turkey where they aren't being starved to death and abused like they would be in Russia. Just look at the difference between these guys and the ones who were exchanged from Russia - these were emaciated and starved, while these guys all look fine.

This will make Russia less likely to send these POWs over to Turkey in the future, which means more of them stay in Russia, where they get mistreated.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Geisladisk posted:

Honestly, this might be a bad thing. It's better for Ukrainian POWs to spend the war in Turkey where they aren't being starved to death and abused like they would be in Russia. Just look at the difference between these guys and the ones who were exchanged from Russia - these were emaciated and starved, while these guys all look fine.

This will make Russia less likely to send these POWs over to Turkey in the future, which means more of them stay in Russia, where they get mistreated.

AFAIK it was only the Azov leadership that were sent to Turkey under the condition that they remain there for the rest of the war. That didn't apply to any of the other POWs, not then nor since.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Good thing there isn't a war then, just a special military operation.