Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

my god. it's full of posts

He’s 52 years old

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
Elonely really has become the John Galt for the barely sentient.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

armpit_enjoyer posted:

He’s 52 years old

Holy poo poo it is him! It's a sockpuppet, I am absolutely convinced of this now

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Making sure I am not missing something, today you can get verified on twitter with an anonymous prepaid payment card?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Maybe you could implement some kind of verification system

E: or have your AI waifu make one

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

You will enjoy the Alexa story then. It’s the same story really, “CEO believes in fairy dust that costs his company billions.”

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2022/11/amazon-alexa-is-a-colossal-failure-on-pace-to-lose-10-billion-this-year/amp/

Well. Nothing laying off 10 thousand people can’t fix. See! Being a CEO is easy!

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Nelson Mandingo posted:

:negative: I'm sorry. I'm so sorry but I couldn't exist alone with this.

the worst thing is how they think "inventing" is so easy you can just throw a billionaire at any problem. nobody else in the history of the world has tried making ultra advanced AIs (let alone dumb AIs), it just needed a musk to think hard about it and pay some folks and voila, AI and artificial uteruses!

edit: seeing the username, I wonder if it's all sarcasm. then again, he has a blue checkmark

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Nelson Mandingo posted:

:negative: I'm sorry. I'm so sorry but I couldn't exist alone with this.

Data Graham posted:

Maybe you could implement some kind of verification system

E: or have your AI waifu make one

Sorry but only triple verified 2FA platinum goons can use my robo waifu's synthetic uterus.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

ymgve posted:

the worst thing is how they think "inventing" is so easy you can just throw a billionaire at any problem. nobody else in the history of the world has tried making ultra advanced AIs (let alone dumb AIs), it just needed a musk to think hard about it and pay some folks and voila, AI and artificial uteruses!

edit: seeing the username, I wonder if it's all sarcasm. then again, he has a blue checkmark

the world has just been waiting for a man who is so divorced that he alone can will AI-fuckbots into existence for all his incel supplicants.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

So RTGame did a Twitch stream of Horizon Worlds VR just to show how bad it is, and someone in chat pointed out at the end Meta's stock had nosedived about 20% while the stream was running.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdqrFa6pWLA

(It comes up right at the end)

i can't tell if you yourself are joking but that chat comment itself was a joke... why would a random game streamer have any sway, let alone have any viewers who are also large investors in Meta? :psyduck:

This is the article the guy in chat is mentioning, that the streamer looks up: https://www.bbc.com/news/business-63406803

"Shares in Meta, which owns Facebook and Instagram, have plunged more than 20% after a downbeat set of results from the tech giant."

Strong Sauce fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Jul 8, 2023

greatBigJerk
Sep 6, 2010

My final form.

ymgve posted:

If only Elon would think hard about climate change or world hunger!

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Strong Sauce posted:

i can't tell if you yourself are joking but that chat comment itself was a joke... why would a random game streamer have any sway, let alone have any viewers who are also large investors in Meta? :psyduck:

Both are joking you goon.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Remember this? Metaverse really was the future

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

trucutru posted:

Both are joking you goon.

uh.. yeah okay buddy. but it wasn't?

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
1) what is blue sky
2) how is it different/better than Twitter
3) why does it need an invite

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
1) it's like twitter
2) see 1
3) i guess b/c it's still in 'beta' and they decided to keep the user count low? :shrug:

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Of course that streamer was influential, gross sales of applause points purchased for his standup routine alone account for nearly 1% of all global revenue generated by decentraland

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Seeing all the Twitter addicted journalists get their new fix on threads is kind of pathetic. Yes it’s a better app but they’re positing like it’s the second comming.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

davecrazy posted:

Seeing all the Twitter addicted journalists get their new fix on threads is kind of pathetic. Yes it’s a better app but they’re positing like it’s the second comming.

As well they should because each post lauding Threads makes Elon slam his desk in a petulant rage

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Mozi posted:

2) see 1

Also it takes a solid 30 seconds to boot up from scratch, to heighten the anticipation of seeing your feed

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

It's amazing how the ven diagram of Musk Simps, Incels, and Nazis is 3 overlapping circles

Lol the only way they can imagine a woman loving them is if they make an AI robot with no will.

Not creepy at loving all

. Why a working uterus? Jesus gently caress these wierd incels and their God drat pregnancy fetish

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009

davecrazy posted:

It is kind of pathetic, but also it's probably pretty nice if this thing you have to do as part of your job no longer results in a bunch of people accusing you of being part of a massive baby eating satanic conspiracy headed by the Jews too.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
A fleshlight that can produce their failson offspring will prove that they are alpha men.

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

Boris Galerkin posted:

The best part of threads imo are the brands dunking on elan

That must be how an apartheid government works for rich white people.

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

TulliusCicero posted:

It's amazing how the ven diagram of Musk Simps, Incels, and Nazis is 3 overlapping circles

Lol the only way they can imagine a woman loving them is if they make an AI robot with no will.

Not creepy at loving all

. Why a working uterus? Jesus gently caress these wierd incels and their God drat pregnancy fetish

They think that if they could just go back in time a 100 years or so, they would be the most respected and powerful men on the planet.

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

kazil posted:

You made a typo, right? That's supposed to be $470 million right?

*reads article*

lol no loving way

The amazing thing is that the RTGame stream linked was probably a good portion of that, since there were a bunch of people spending :2bux: to buy "applause points" as a gag.

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

graynull posted:

Elonely really has become the John Galt for the barely sentient.

Mush's Galt speech is just 90 pages of "Interesting!" "Concerning." ":xd::xd::xd:" and "!!"

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

steinrokkan posted:

Remember this? Metaverse really was the future

Metaverse really outs Zuckerberg as a massive idiot that didn't really do anything with regards to Facebook. He failed upwards into its success. How did no one show him VRChat is what I really want to know? That came out years before Metaverse and was a superior product and still is.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Steadiman posted:

it is kind of hilarious that Zuck spent years and billions trying to make that vr thing happen, ending up with something that's used by nobody and done better by a free vr chat program, then a lovely little text message app, hastily thrown together by a tiny team almost as a little side project, instantly becomes this huge thing with millions of users overnight. That's gotta bother his programming a little
Threads doesn’t solve the fundamental problem of Instagram and Facebook, which is that they’re beholden to the platforms of Google and Apple. Zuck sees this as existential. The Metaverse was his attempt to break free from this problem. It wasn’t just about building a successful app; it was about building a successful platform.

That said he’s clearly failed at that so :shrug:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Viscous Soda posted:

The amazing thing is that the RTGame stream linked was probably a good portion of that, since there were a bunch of people spending :2bux: to buy "applause points" as a gag.

I don't think it was that much, we don't know what the exchange rate on the "applause points" was, do we? I doubt it's 2 bux for a Point, surely?

Still :lol: at it being a notable portion of it regardless.

I said come in! posted:

Metaverse really outs Zuckerberg as a massive idiot that didn't really do anything with regards to Facebook. He failed upwards into its success. How did no one show him VRChat is what I really want to know? That came out years before Metaverse and was a superior product and still is.

He knows VRChat exists, and namedropped it in their latest showcase. The problem is trying to scoop up VRChat gets him nothing because it's completely incompatible with Meta. The content's rife with stolen game assets (nevermind the NSFW avatars and communities), the playerbase will scatter like cockroaches before the ink's dry on the contract, and the account system would need to be rebuilt to integrate with Meta. Nothing would remain and they'd be better off building from scratch to get what they want natively. Which is what they tried to do.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Zuck should have just sent everyone an Occulus Rift for free to get people into Meta.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

armpit_enjoyer posted:

He’s 52 years old

Funny how that happens when you make it incredibly easy to impersonate other people, Elon. Also what happened to him perma'ing all the people who impersonated him even if they put (Parody) in their handles?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Neddy Seagoon posted:

He knows VRChat exists, and namedropped it in their latest showcase. The problem is trying to scoop up VRChat gets him nothing because it's completely incompatible with Meta. The content's rife with stolen game assets (nevermind the NSFW avatars and communities), the playerbase will scatter like cockroaches before the ink's dry on the contract, and the account system would need to be rebuilt to integrate with Meta. Nothing would remain and they'd be better off building from scratch to get what they want natively. Which is what they tried to do.

The only good instance of a metaverse i've seen besides VRChat, is PlayStation @home, and that was only on PlayStation 3 and then shut down eventually. That app was kinda cool, it just had horrible optimization and ran like poo poo.

Blitter
Mar 16, 2011

Intellectual
AI Enthusiast

davecrazy posted:

Kind of pathetic?

No, entirely pathetic.

Imagine giving all this poo poo away for free to meta for a feed of garbage from corporate accounts and all the other simpering dolts that gotta get their fix:

Data Linked to You
Third-Party Advertising:

Purchases (Purchase History)
Financial Info (Other Financial Info)
Location (Precise Location, Coarse Location)
Contact Info (Physical Address, Email Address, Name, Phone Number, Other User Contact Info)
Contacts
User Content (Photos or Videos, Gameplay Content, Other User Content)
Search History
Browsing History
Identifiers (User ID, Device ID)
Usage Data (Product Interaction, Advertising Data, Other Usage Data)
Diagnostics (Crash Data, Performance Data, Other Diagnostic Data)
Other Data

Developer's Advertising or Marketing:

Contact Info (Physical Address, Email Address, Name, Phone Number, Other User Contact Info)
Contacts
User Content ( Photos or Videos, Gameplay Content, Other User Content)
Search History
Browsing History
Other Data

Analytics:

Health & Fitness (Health, Fitness)
Purchases (Purchase History, Financial Info, Payment Info, Other Financial Info)
Contacts
User Content (Photos or Videos, Audio Data, Gameplay Content, Customer Support, Other User Content)
Search History
Browsing History
Sensitive Info
Other Data

Product Personalization:

Contacts
Search History
Browsing History
Sensitive Info
Other Data

App Functionality:

Financial Info (Payment Info, Credit Info, Other Financial Info)
Contacts
User Content (Emails or Text Messages, Photos or Videos, Audio Data, Gameplay Content, Customer Support, Other User Content)
Search History
Browsing History
Sensitive Info
Other Data

Other Purposes:

Contacts
User Content (Photos or Videos, Gameplay Content, Customer Support, Other User Content)
Search History
Browsing History
Other Data

What a bunch of loving rubes. I'd be amazed, but the target is americans, so not really.

https://www.wired.com/story/meta-twitter-threads-bluesky-spill-hive-mastodon-privacy-comparison/

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Blitter posted:

Kind of pathetic?

No, entirely pathetic.

Imagine giving all this poo poo away for free to meta for a feed of garbage from corporate accounts and all the other simpering dolts that gotta get their fix:

Data Linked to You
Third-Party Advertising:

Contacts
Search History
Browsing History
Other Data

Developer's Advertising or Marketing:

Contacts
User Content ( Photos or Videos, Gameplay Content, Other User Content)
Search History
Browsing History
Other Data

Analytics:

Purchases (Purchase History, Financial Info, Payment Info, Other Financial Info)
Contacts
User Content (Photos or Videos, Audio Data, Gameplay Content, Customer Support, Other User Content)
Search History
Browsing History
Sensitive Info
Other Data

Product Personalization:

Contacts
Search History
Browsing History
Sensitive Info
Other Data

App Functionality:

Financial Info (Payment Info, Credit Info, Other Financial Info)
Contacts
User Content (Emails or Text Messages, Photos or Videos, Audio Data, Gameplay Content, Customer Support, Other User Content)
Search History
Browsing History
Sensitive Info
Other Data

Other Purposes:

Contacts
User Content (Photos or Videos, Gameplay Content, Customer Support, Other User Content)
Search History
Browsing History
Other Data

What a bunch of loving rubes. I'd be amazed, but the target is americans, so not really.

https://www.wired.com/story/meta-twitter-threads-bluesky-spill-hive-mastodon-privacy-comparison/

Sounds fair to me tbh

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Can't you opt out of sharing most of that on Apple devices?

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
:siren: INCOMING OFFER :siren:

I GET: all of your data
YOU GET: a feed of nazis pretending vaccines are satanic

[ACCEPT]|-----------------------------|[REJECT]

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Wait, do apps steal your data?! This is very disturbing.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

FlocksOfMice posted:

ooooh that's why the myth persists. Because they see themselves as Musk. They like to imagine themselves as him for just a little bit. It's always projection, and in this case, THEY get to pretend they're the Musk, the Trump, the make-believe superhero.

Guys buddies just go on AO3 and write the fanfiction you wish you were living it's normal lots of people do it it's ok I won't tell anyone. Stop trying to make politics your fanfiction. It's ok.

Another day volunteering at the Tesla factory...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.

AndrewP posted:

Can't you opt out of sharing most of that on Apple devices?

With Apple the long list of stuff is essentially what you enable within the app itself, a little tickbox. For a lot of stuff privacy access is asked for like notifications, health data, movement data etc. There doesn’t seem like anything especially suspect, my guess is they just checkbox polled it.