Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

battlebit, more like battleshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Regarding the P4 stuff - IMO P5 is much worse because the game was made during a time when the gay "jokes" were far less common/accepted. It has fewer of them, but the stuff with the pair of gay men hitting on Ryuji is at least as bad as anything in P4, despite that game coming out in 2016.

Augus posted:

what game is he from

Persona 2 Innocent Sin

Ytlaya has issued a correction as of 19:01 on Jul 8, 2023

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

anyone up for some battlebits?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Space Marine II is like Zelda

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
how pissed are people going to be when battlebit goes 1.0 and everyones progress gets wiped

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

I hate this poo poo.

AntifaSupersoldier
Jul 30, 2003

Reality is what you can get away with
Hell Gem

Ytlaya posted:

Persona 2 Innocent Sin

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Al! posted:

how pissed are people going to be when battlebit goes 1.0 and everyones progress gets wiped

I only need claymores to do my thang

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

RandomBlue posted:

I hate this poo poo.

it's not real

give it a couple years

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

I unlocked the Marksmen rifle yesterday and can't hit poo poo with it for some reason, gonna keep that bolt action sniper

Having the most fun being a medic or RPG guy tho

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

I'm making a battlebits frag video but all the kills happen while im prone in the grass planting claymores. any thoughts of how to spice that up?

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
spice it up with some teabagging?

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Lpzie posted:

I'm making a battlebits frag video but all the kills happen while im prone in the grass planting claymores. any thoughts of how to spice that up? my family is dying.

stop planting claymores

AntifaSupersoldier
Jul 30, 2003

Reality is what you can get away with
Hell Gem

Lpzie posted:

I'm making a battlebits frag video but all the kills happen while im prone in the grass planting claymores. any thoughts of how to spice that up?
edit some irl ied explosions for when they go off

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Lpzie posted:

hope you go with some classics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVTXPUF4Oz4

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

punished milkman posted:

i got this lil gameboy lookin emulator thing that has every nes game known to man installed on it. i’ve got like 5 copies of hitler’s resurrection on that bad boy

the gameboy thing is called the miyoo mini plus and it absolutely owns. highly recommend if you want to play some retro games on a handheld. goes all the way to the psx.

It really is great. In fact, everyone should own a console like it.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Lpzie posted:

really aggressive music and camera shaking, flying text, explosion gifs from duke nukem 3d, the usual treatment

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

yall still dont get it

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

cant wait to go to war alongside my roblox shaped friends and die looking up at the sky while someone open mics loud as gently caress gregorian chants a few feet away

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

Lpzie posted:

splice in some Halo 2 MLG footage

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

a.lo posted:

cant wait to go to war alongside my roblox shaped friends and die looking up at the sky while someone open mics loud as gently caress gregorian chants a few feet away

yeah that sounds really cool

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Lpzie posted:

Ante Up

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i'm actually at a point where i'm thinking about shelving battlebit and coming back in a couple of months to see what's improved

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

starship troopers extermination is super rough around the edges and there isn’t much content but if they develop it out it could be a really fun brainless L4D-but-bigger like. it technically has the same gameplay goals as DRG in the first half of matches (move around the map and initiate + guard resource extraction) but afaik the second half, where the team uses those resources to build a kind of Natural Selection feeling base and defend it for 5 minutes against a big swarm, isn’t, though I haven’t played much DRG as it just wasn’t quite my thing.

anyways that phase is pretty fun, there are basic walls and bunkers, big mounted machine guns, and automatic wall guns. players build the little base so it’s distinct every time. the devs obviously took stuff from both the book and the extended universe of the sequel movies (which aren’t as awful as they should be, 2 is garbage but 3 has a bunch of fun satirical SyFy original attempts to elucidate on the character of governance in the Federation) so there are a decent variety of bugs to fight. I actually really appreciate they added something analogous to the worker bugs (little assholes who accompany warriors, in the books they look similar but are harmless and used as distractions) and the warrior bugs (bugs with murderous biological laser beams that could cut through power armor) from the book, along with some gigantic silly ones from the other media that actually look really cool. I dig the tiger stripe behemoth one it’s like a very high quality Tyrannid design

it kinda clicked during extraction phase when the whole team was rushing to the lander and an extremely well manifested mantling animation brought me over a ledge where there were a bunch of teammates running past an exploding plasma artillery bug and federation music was blasting. unfortunately the gun play feels weirdly floaty and inconsequential, there are like six weapons, and there’s a latency problem (or just performance concession?) that makes bug animations simple/not present in huge scrums, but that’s the kinda stuff I expect from an EA game still

I probably wouldn’t recommend it at all if you’re not a fan of Starship Troopers as a franchise since it is objectively a worse version of the other entries in this genre but I’m glad someone finally tried to make this specific game

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Al! posted:

i'm actually at a point where i'm thinking about shelving battlebit and coming back in a couple of months to see what's improved

yeah I can see some of the small frustrations really accumulating and it’s like 100% sure they’ll fix them and then some in the next few months. it’ll probably feel considerably different once all the qol stuff like visual triangles and egregious (vector) issues are balanced out

that being said I’m weirdly hooked and want to unlock every weapon. got my KD up to 1.84 too, feel closer than ever to that 2.0

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence

Ytlaya posted:

Regarding the P4 stuff - IMO P5 is much worse because the game was made during a time when the gay "jokes" were far less common/accepted. It has fewer of them, but the stuff with the pair of gay men hitting on Ryuji is at least as bad as anything in P4, despite that game coming out in 2016.

also Persona 4 takes place out in the sticks and is about critical thought and the impact media has on a society, which is mostly good stuff and it mostly lands even if it overlooks this stuff

Persona 5 though is exactly about challenging the levers of power, especially by and for society's subaltern victims, and the casual homophobia is directly in conflict with the game's entire purpose. though it's just one way the game absolutrly mangles it's material, i guess

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Yeah all of the game after the cruise ship undermines its premise well enough on its own

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/jesawyer/status/1677686353218371584?s=20

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

P5 does not stick the landing esp. since the natural conclusion of the story should be "let us tear down the cruel structures of power" and not what it really is, "let's buy into the system but this time it'll be good"

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Frog Act posted:

starship troopers extermination is super rough around the edges and there isn’t much content but if they develop it out it could be a really fun brainless L4D-but-bigger like. it technically has the same gameplay goals as DRG in the first half of matches (move around the map and initiate + guard resource extraction) but afaik the second half, where the team uses those resources to build a kind of Natural Selection feeling base and defend it for 5 minutes against a big swarm, isn’t, though I haven’t played much DRG as it just wasn’t quite my thing.

anyways that phase is pretty fun, there are basic walls and bunkers, big mounted machine guns, and automatic wall guns. players build the little base so it’s distinct every time. the devs obviously took stuff from both the book and the extended universe of the sequel movies (which aren’t as awful as they should be, 2 is garbage but 3 has a bunch of fun satirical SyFy original attempts to elucidate on the character of governance in the Federation) so there are a decent variety of bugs to fight. I actually really appreciate they added something analogous to the worker bugs (little assholes who accompany warriors, in the books they look similar but are harmless and used as distractions) and the warrior bugs (bugs with murderous biological laser beams that could cut through power armor) from the book, along with some gigantic silly ones from the other media that actually look really cool. I dig the tiger stripe behemoth one it’s like a very high quality Tyrannid design

it kinda clicked during extraction phase when the whole team was rushing to the lander and an extremely well manifested mantling animation brought me over a ledge where there were a bunch of teammates running past an exploding plasma artillery bug and federation music was blasting. unfortunately the gun play feels weirdly floaty and inconsequential, there are like six weapons, and there’s a latency problem (or just performance concession?) that makes bug animations simple/not present in huge scrums, but that’s the kinda stuff I expect from an EA game still

I probably wouldn’t recommend it at all if you’re not a fan of Starship Troopers as a franchise since it is objectively a worse version of the other entries in this genre but I’m glad someone finally tried to make this specific game

Gonna play this some day, sounds like a good time. I hope it comes to gamepass

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Jon Irenicus posted:

P5 does not stick the landing esp. since the natural conclusion of the story should be "let us tear down the cruel structures of power" and not what it really is, "let's buy into the system but this time it'll be good"

Japanese games and media are extremely square a lot of the time.

Like how they keep making shows about being in school (square) and the kids with the highest exam scores are the coolest kids (hypercube)

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Communist Thoughts posted:

Gonna play this some day, sounds like a good time. I hope it comes to gamepass

I’d say it feels like it’s worth the $20 it is on sale but like, just barely, it feels like a licensed game you’d pull out of a bin in front of EB games on mega clearance but then it turns out to be kinda good and memorable despite the weirdness like Septerra Core or something

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Rockstar Massacre posted:

also Persona 4 takes place out in the sticks and is about critical thought and the impact media has on a society, which is mostly good stuff and it mostly lands even if it overlooks this stuff

Persona 5 though is exactly about challenging the levers of power, especially by and for society's subaltern victims, and the casual homophobia is directly in conflict with the game's entire purpose. though it's just one way the game absolutrly mangles it's material, i guess

drat dudes that some deep poo poo

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

if extermination adds a power suit class and a neo dog handler class i will become its greatest exponent. the dog handlers in the book are a fuckin cool idea

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
fear&hunger 2 from the outset feels so much more a massive game than the first one, it's crazy to think this is a rpg maker game

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Homeless Friend posted:

its bear troll face lol

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Lpzie posted:

replace the sound file of planting claymores with an nade explosion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
Trepang2 kicks rear end, it's the modern FEAR/Crysis game we haven't hadi n like 15 years