Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Jawnycat posted:

I general play on custom with Interloper base settings, but with guns available and wolf spawn distance set to far and fear set to high.

but that eliminates all of the risk in the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?
How do people think that Survival: Fountain of Youth and Forever Skies turned out?

I've been thinking about picking up Fountain of Youth but I'm not sure. How difficult is it to other games in this genre? I've watched a few streamers play it and I'm not sure if it's difficult because of streamer blindness/ignoring tutorials or if it is actually that difficult.

I just finished up with the majority of the content in Occupy Mars and I want more early access survival games to play!!

Forever Skies kind of seems like Subnautica in space but I know I don't want to go in thinking that.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Neither one is actually out so they’re just pre-release versions. I’ll withhold judgment on how they turned out until they release. I know Forever Skies is super limited in content right now.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Vasler posted:

How do people think that Survival: Fountain of Youth and Forever Skies turned out?

I've been thinking about picking up Fountain of Youth but I'm not sure. How difficult is it to other games in this genre? I've watched a few streamers play it and I'm not sure if it's difficult because of streamer blindness/ignoring tutorials or if it is actually that difficult.

I just finished up with the majority of the content in Occupy Mars and I want more early access survival games to play!!

Forever Skies kind of seems like Subnautica in space but I know I don't want to go in thinking that.
I didn't find FoY hard at all, it's right on par with most survival games. And FS is pretty much Subnautica in space (air? you're on earth, just far above it). They even got the same VA for the computer :v: But like Timbs said, it's limited content. If you follow the prompts you'll be done with it in a couple hours, though there's nothing stopping you from exploring every platform you can land on.

Jawnycat
Jul 9, 2015

Verviticus posted:

but that eliminates all of the risk in the game

I mean, wolves will still gently caress you up, timberwolves, bears and moose are still just as bad, there's just no more 'step outside, instant maul' and you can actually deter wolves with flares and poo poo reliably. As for the guns, TLD is one of the only games I know of that makes you think about the transaction (ammo -> food/safety) and opportunity cost (carryweight) of using a gun, and I like that and don't want it gone.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
I like forever skies- having basic materials collectible from the ship is nice, expanding your airship is fun. Just got to the two-light platforms, reaching them by building turbines was neat. Agree that it seems really limited at the moment but otoh I haven't checked out the new places you can find with the radar.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Jawnycat posted:

I mean, wolves will still gently caress you up, timberwolves, bears and moose are still just as bad, there's just no more 'step outside, instant maul' and you can actually deter wolves with flares and poo poo reliably. As for the guns, TLD is one of the only games I know of that makes you think about the transaction (ammo -> food/safety) and opportunity cost (carryweight) of using a gun, and I like that and don't want it gone.

they really wont gently caress you up though if you can just scare them off and there's rarely more than one. bears, moose are not common and the only thing preventing you from basically mathing out the entire game is how much time a wolf will steal from you early on

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Verviticus posted:

they really wont gently caress you up though if you can just scare them off and there's rarely more than one. bears, moose are not common and the only thing preventing you from basically mathing out the entire game is how much time a wolf will steal from you early on
Are you trying to convince them they're not enjoying the game or what?

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

im talking about the video game in the video game thread

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

You mostly just seem offended by one persons preferred settings is all

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

i dont really see how you could read offence from what i've said. their chosen difficulty sounds too easy, so i uh, said that i think its too easy? if they enjoy it, thats cool. i love the long dark and im glad other people enjoy it too

edit: for an ironic laugh you can read my post history in this thread from six (holy poo poo) years ago where im complaining about interloper kicking my rear end

Verviticus fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Jul 8, 2023

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
do not read posts from 6 years ago

:hmmno:

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

If it’s not windy an infinite number of wolves can be avoided with some torches and a single stone.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

RandomBlue posted:

do not read posts from 6 years ago

:hmmno:

nah its funny. i was very bad at the game but insistent on starting on interloper because thats how my brain does video games

Tiny Timbs posted:

Alright I'm calling it quits with Green Hell's DLC. At first I was really enjoying how it was a less linear, more building-focused version of the base game but progressing in it by finding all the legends and grinding out tribal rep was bad enough before I found out you have to do it for four (?) different maps.

i played green hell with a friend and we came to the same conclusion - base building and settling is fine, but the way the game just turns into a giant linear corridor for the last half of the game (unspoiled because really anyone going into it should know this) really sucked

however, i think they could've done a much more fun thing with the game - if they had leveraged the fact that the protag has a high amount of jungle knowledge, they should've had the first half of the game be easy - no tribals, easy wildlife, diseases that go away on their own, etc - and then after the first trip everything should get way harder. the explanation for this would be that the guy has undergone the same psychosis that's messing with his memory but its also messing a bit with his perception of reality, and all the dangerous poo poo thats not in the first half of the game is basically autonomically handwaved away by a guy who has been through this entire thing before. then the trip happens and it 'unlocks' the player experience with a much harder game, i guess sorta like terraria hard mode

i think the second half of the game dropped it from like a 9/10 to a 7.5/10 for me which is a shame

Firos posted:

If it’s not windy an infinite number of wolves can be avoided with some torches and a single stone.

yeah but its not super useful if there's a couple of them and you're carrying food. but also wolves can be baited by small scraps of meat, which is usually my opening play - find rabbits, murder them, rip them into small scraps, and then use the scraps to bypass wolves

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

RandomBlue posted:

do not read posts

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Verviticus posted:

nah its funny. i was very bad at the game but insistent on starting on interloper because thats how my brain does video games

i played green hell with a friend and we came to the same conclusion - base building and settling is fine, but the way the game just turns into a giant linear corridor for the last half of the game (unspoiled because really anyone going into it should know this) really sucked

The free DLC stays super open and has a beautiful environment but the game kind of runs out of stuff for you to do or be challenged by long before you finish it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea, tld left me cold as soon as I had managed to see every zone.

Oh boy another cabin with a shirt in it. I have a full set of wolf pants, I don't need this.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Y'all like the Long Drive? What if kind of like that, but mixed with Project Zomboid and with less car repair and more escalating hell mouths belching out skyscraper sized demons while you try to drive north and craft stuff and find food and water

Endgame: Road to Salvation

https://cdn.cloudflare.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/256877395/movie480_vp9.webm?t=1647044211

quote:

Description
I am proud to present the first release from Indie/Anon Games, Endgame: Road to Salvation. It is a road trip combat style of game with rpg/survival/roguelike elements such as 6 main attributes and 26 skills to develop, over 300 craftable items, and full ragdoll physics. This game has a surreal atmosphere with its own art style, and now contains both an immersive 3rd person mode on foot, or the original unique hybrid of top-down/twin stick shooter and third person camera control while driving. As the player, you have to drive North and reach the safety of the distant stronghold Salvation, delivering your caravan with as many survivors as possible from the cruelty of the Apocalypse. You can accomplish this monumental task by staying armed, fed, and mobile, and keep your caravan happy and safe. The enemy are more active at night, meaning you should find shelter and stay hidden, and hope that nothing tears down the walls around you. This is a really difficult game and you may be forced to make tough decisions on the fly, but the random generation and AI storyteller will keep you moving.

Some features include:
New Difficulty Options - Tailor your experience with new options such as friendly health and damage multipliers, prevent zombie reanimation, and more.
Play your way - You can freely switch between 3rd person shoulder cam view and top down view modes at any time from the options screen
Day/Night System - Enemies are more restless at night, try to find a safe place to sleep before the sun goes down, or be prepared for a long night.
Dynamic Weather and Temperature System - Lightning storms, tornadoes and other weather effects can change the environment around you, making the landscape wet, tearing apart buildings, etc.
RPG Character Creation with Extensive Skill/Attribute System - Pick a random character or customize your own with multiple classes and 26 skills.
Vehicle Modification System - Multiple vehicle mods can be found, transferred from other vehicles, or crafted. Installation/removal speed depends on Mechanics Skill.
Weapon Modification System - There are many weapon mods available to help improve your chances of survival. The scope mod can be used to activate a zoomable third person view for targeting enemies at a distance.
Vehicle Turret/Combat System - Drivers can control a mounted vehicle turret from the driver's seat.
Trailer and Trailer Modification System - Trailers can be found and attached to an appropriate vehicle. Trailers may contain valuable materials which can be sold or transferred to the caravan at checkpoint colonies.
Skill-Based Crafting System - Learn recipes by raising skills, raise skills through skill use.
Over 300 Items to Loot/Craft/Dismantle - A Plethora of items are available in game, some can only be found in rare structures hidden away in the backroads.
NPC Follower System - You can convince other survivors to follow you. They can help you in combat or you can send them back to the caravan for a small stat boost.
Destructible Buildings - Having trouble getting into that store? Drive a van through the wall! Locked doors can be smashed down, and walls can be destroyed with explosives.
Caravan System with Department Upgrades - You can spend your collected materials on upgrading Caravan Departments, which allow access to a wide range of helpful support options.
Caravan Support Options - Use Inspiration to call unlocked airstrikes/Support Drops/ect.
Trap and Defense Systems - There are certain defense structures and items that can help defend an area when needed, such as mines, turrets, spike traps, etc.
Randomized Towns and Maps - Random maps spawn through a landmark map system, providing randomized locations, enemies, and loot.
A Semi-Endless Procedural Highway - Two thousand miles of highway lie between you and your destination. Do you have the fortitude to survive the trip?
Procedural Labs to Explore and Loot - Powerful weapons and armor can be found in secret underground laboratories. But beware traps and other mechanized defenses.
Checkpoint Colonies - Hastily constructed checkpoints are spread throughout the world to provide survivors a place to rest and sell their goods/materials.
Local Co-Op - Two player split-screen play, drop in/out, shared caravan and quests. Use either Keyboard/Mouse + Controller or two Controllers.
Manage Threat Levels - Certain actions will increase the local threat rating, while destroying certain enemies or structures can help to mitigate the severity of the apocalypse. Be cautious! As the threat level rises, so does the mayhem...
Hordes of Enemies - Hordes of enemies can attack at once, always have an exit plan.
Demonic Structures - Gates and demonic structures are appearing around the world. Find a way to destroy as many as you can.
Giants - Monstrosities prowl the night, always be prepared, and stay mobile!
A Helping Hand - You lose cash, inspiration, and your stored inventory on death, but die too often and your caravan will send help to get you back on your feet.
Storyteller AI - Events and situations may spawn nearby depending on the player's current circumstances.
Salvation Radio - A varied mix of over 20 tracks from various talented musical artists.

The sort of weird indie survival poo poo I love: extremely janky, horrible UI, but pretty fun. $7.19 on 40% steam sale right now.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I've been completely enthralled with Core Keeper lately. Even though it's early access, it feels like a finished product. The exploration is fun and the base building is incredibly addicting. The skill system makes it fun to progress since every tree has some buffs that benefit you in general sense, not just gardening or fishing (for example, gardening can give you a chance to poison enemies and then do more damage to poisoned enemies - and also there's a trait to add more crit damage). If you played Stardew Valley and/or Terraria, you'll surely like Core Keeper.

Some minor annoyances include inventory management - there should be a button to "deposit all" to chests which already contain items in your inventory, this function would make so many similar games a lot better. Other one is the lack of dedicated healing item button, in a hectic fight it's very clunky to equip a potion, then drink it, and then having to equip your weapon again (or if there is a mechanic to avoid this, I haven't figured it out). Possibly another is that there are not many different enemy types per biome.

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
Do we have a dedicated space engineers thread? I couldn't find it but I'm using the awful app so could be me.

Also, is forever skies coop? I'm half tempted to pick that up for me and my wife to play but haven't checked if it's multiplayer.

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Why does Khajiit have to go to prison this time?

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

Do we have a dedicated space engineers thread? I couldn't find it but I'm using the awful app so could be me.

Also, is forever skies coop? I'm half tempted to pick that up for me and my wife to play but haven't checked if it's multiplayer.

Not sure re: space engineers, but forever skies has no co-op yet. They're working on it apparently

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Does anyone know anything about Commonhood? It's apparently coming out on gamepass in a few hours.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

if we do nobody uses it imo post in here. it’s a fun game I’m waiting for my next play of it to have more scenarios and encounters with new automation stuff

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

it's been archived for a long while now :justpost:

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Came across this from a Wanderbots video.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1309820/Remains/

It looks like you were on a space station when it blew up and you are left drifting trying to find air/food and scrap to rebuild.
Kinda like raft or Breathedge without the bad humor.

And its only $3 as well.
Early access
Came out in 2021 but has had constant updates.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yy23ZRa7l-8

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.

Truga posted:

it's been archived for a long while now :justpost:

That works for me, didn't wanna post in the wrong place. I'm trying Space engineers again, I'm coming up on like 300 hours in the game but I've never done anything meaningful. I keep starting survival then getting distracted.

I've currently got a bunch of mods and have started a reasonable sized underground base and I've mapped out a 100mX100m square I want to mine down vertically with and attempt some kind of giant underground lift/parking area.

I fully expect I'm going to have to do this in sections though as I can't imagine 10 or even 20 piston stacks being able to hold up that many drills and the rock as it's pumped out.

Maybe I'll do something with merge blocks or something to keep it stable as it gets deeper

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

A Sometimes Food posted:

Does anyone know anything about Commonhood? It's apparently coming out on gamepass in a few hours.

It stinks, imo. It promised a lot of neat stuff but feels unfinished and weird and I guess the plot uh, gets away from a cool sustainable commune eventually. You build a crypto currency enclave or something? Lol.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

OgNar posted:

Came across this from a Wanderbots video.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1309820/Remains/

It looks like you were on a space station when it blew up and you are left drifting trying to find air/food and scrap to rebuild.
Kinda like raft or Breathedge without the bad humor.

And its only $3 as well.
Early access
Came out in 2021 but has had constant updates.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yy23ZRa7l-8
I find Steam reviews (when not intentionally bombed) to be a pretty good indicator of quality, in the sense that they're usually over positive so if something has "Mostly Positive" or god forbid "Mixed" reviews it's probably truly terrible. There are exceptions, like games that have extremely niche appeal or are probably bad but tickle my brain in a way that hits me just right, but generally anything below positive is a huge red flag.
So this and Commonhood being ranked so low does not give me much optimism.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Phobeste posted:

if we do nobody uses it imo post in here. it’s a fun game I’m waiting for my next play of it to have more scenarios and encounters with new automation stuff

Is the proper way to get into it multiplayer to have everyone do the tutorial and then join up? We tried jumping straight into a multiplayer session and took about 20 minutes to figure out how to see each other on the map before quitting because it was going to be like a 10 minute walk. Also I was pretty high and it seemed like a lot to try and learn on the fly, but we had no idea how long the intro was.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Ugh, SAD has that thing that colony sims often have, where it takes forever for anyone to transport anything because their carry amounts are so small. So you have more than enough crops, and they can be harvested really quick, but then it takes the amount of growing time of the crops to move everything to storage. So you can feed everyone, but you can't produce any of the high tech stuff.

I can literally make laserguns, why can't i make wheelbarrows?

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

Goodbye stealing souls, hello stealing booty.

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Is the proper way to get into it multiplayer to have everyone do the tutorial and then join up? We tried jumping straight into a multiplayer session and took about 20 minutes to figure out how to see each other on the map before quitting because it was going to be like a 10 minute walk. Also I was pretty high and it seemed like a lot to try and learn on the fly, but we had no idea how long the intro was.

If a 10 minute walk was enough to make you quit then it may not be the game for you.

I've tried so much to like that game but holy hell does it loving hate you back.

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

God, you vindictive bitch, why can't I ever have any "me" time

So I'm about half an hour past the tutorial in this and the game is absolutely hounding me about sending weapons and supplies back to my Caravan (there is 0 of everything). There are multiple articles in the game help section and multiple Steam Discussion threads emphasizing the importance of sending weapons and supplies back to the Caravan, or sending them out hunting by spending inspiration.

Question: HOW THE gently caress DO I DO THAT

My Caravan menu looks like this, and when I go into the Upgrades section and try to send someone to hunt, it says it costs 100 inspiration, I apparently have 155, but the only button it gives me is Cancel. The game is intriguing enough that I'm not reaching for the refund button, but this interface is going to give me a loving aneurysm.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

MonkeyforaHead posted:

So I'm about half an hour past the tutorial in this and the game is absolutely hounding me about sending weapons and supplies back to my Caravan (there is 0 of everything). There are multiple articles in the game help section and multiple Steam Discussion threads emphasizing the importance of sending weapons and supplies back to the Caravan, or sending them out hunting by spending inspiration.

Question: HOW THE gently caress DO I DO THAT

My Caravan menu looks like this, and when I go into the Upgrades section and try to send someone to hunt, it says it costs 100 inspiration, I apparently have 155, but the only button it gives me is Cancel. The game is intriguing enough that I'm not reaching for the refund button, but this interface is going to give me a loving aneurysm.

You don't do it from the caravan menu, that's just for seeing what you have and selecting upgrades when you can. Whenever you are in the checkpoint area, if you right click on anything in your inventory (bringing up the inventory with tab), you will have a "send to caravan" option:

It can only be done in checkpoints (or around a radio tower if you capture one, or a signal tower if you deploy one, but in the early game, it'll be checkpoints). Not very intuitive, I know.

Also, disassembling stuff from the same menu is useful; can give you experience in the relevant skills and you get metal/electronics/plastics for crafting or that you can send to the caravan (although sending something directly to caravan will usually give you the equivalent wood/metal/electronics unless it's firepower). You can disassemble anywhere as long as you aren't driving and crafting materials stack huge and weigh almost nothing so it's a good way to reduce your inventory in the field.

One other note on caravan upgrades:

You get one caravan upgrade point per level you raise the caravan skills (distribution, logistics, mechanics, security, command). You don't have to raise only one thing per tier, though. In the picture above, I've unlocked one thing on every tier, but I have one point available in distribution -- I could either unlock one of the tier 2 things (fuel drop, medical drop, random supply drop), or I could unlock something I didn't take from Tier 1 (celebrate, clothing drop). As far as I can tell, there's no way to respec caravan upgrade points so be picky about what you unlock.

Once you've unlocked stuff, it'll be available in your normal caravan menu:

So, sending them out hunting for example, would be "improve defenses" in my menu there, which would spend 200 inspiration to have them gather firepower.

You also can give the leader in each checkpoint inspiration to have your caravan gather random stuff:

A few other tips:

Crafting wrenches is super useful. 5 metal scraps and 2 plastic, Metalworking 4, and having a forge kit. If you stand near a vehicle and use a wrench, it'll repair it. It's way cheaper than paying repair costs in a checkpoint if you have a vehicle you plan on keeping. Wrenches will even fix stuff like plows and turrets after they fix vehicle damage.

Screwdrivers can be used to disassemble a lot of things if you stand near them. You can take apart shelves and stuff for materials. Notably, you can also disassemble a sleeping bag or tent from the checkpoint and take it, which leads to...

Basements in houses are safe places to sleep. If your vehicle is banged up and you don't want to try and drive overnight with rear end in a top hat demons throwing fireballs at you, you can cower in a basement, throw down a sleeping bag, and sleep safely until morning. Then pick the bag up again with the screwdriver. Screwdrivers will break but you can find them pretty regularly or make them with metalworking 3, a hammer, and some metal scraps and plastic.

The buildings with big red trees growing out of them, if you blow up the tree in them, it lowers threat level, as does sending the infected core thing you get back to your caravan. This is easily done with a turret on a vehicle.

If you have a semi truck, you can grab a trailer by driving underneath it but the game is SUPER PICKY about how you line it up. It usually takes me like a dozen tries to get the dumb thing to hook on.

And finally, if you get in a vehicle that has a plow, or a turret, or armor, you can uninstall that from inside the vehicle while on the inventory screen, and then put it on your vehicle if you have one you like. This can be done really quickly.

StarkRavingMad fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Jul 11, 2023

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

God, you vindictive bitch, why can't I ever have any "me" time

Ah-ha. There seems to be literally nowhere else this question has been answered, so thanks, you've hopefully saved me from being driven your username. :v:

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

MonkeyforaHead posted:

Ah-ha. There seems to be literally nowhere else this question has been answered, so thanks, you've hopefully saved me from being driven your username. :v:

No problem. I added a few more tips above. Feel free to ask any more questions, since figuring out this game took me a lot of trial and error, but it's a lot of fun once I got going.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Has anyone tried out Forever Skies? I watched the video Neebs Gaming put out for it and it looks like flying Subnautica combined with Raft.

https://youtu.be/7LZv7se1AN0

Makes me think of the Subnautica game where i tried to live entirely on the Cyclops.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

twistedmentat posted:

Has anyone tried out Forever Skies? I watched the video Neebs Gaming put out for it and it looks like flying Subnautica combined with Raft.

https://youtu.be/7LZv7se1AN0

Makes me think of the Subnautica game where i tried to live entirely on the Cyclops.

Spanj has also been doing a playthrough
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLeXxYGyW3yFSFU9OJtgCEOEWcMKuRMDyJ

I bought it, but have been playing other things and havent launched it yet.
Looks good from what i've seen.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

twistedmentat posted:

Has anyone tried out Forever Skies?
Yeah, it's been brought up a few times in this thread since its EA release. Consensus so far seems to be that it has promise but needs a lot more content before it's really worth sinking your teeth into. Hopefully by the time it's out of EA it'll be more fleshed out.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Anime Store Adventure posted:

It stinks, imo. It promised a lot of neat stuff but feels unfinished and weird and I guess the plot uh, gets away from a cool sustainable commune eventually. You build a crypto currency enclave or something? Lol.

lmao. Okay that seems not even worth bothering with despite having it thanks to gamepass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Vib Rib posted:

Yeah, it's been brought up a few times in this thread since its EA release. Consensus so far seems to be that it has promise but needs a lot more content before it's really worth sinking your teeth into. Hopefully by the time it's out of EA it'll be more fleshed out.

Yea I kinda got that sense from the video. Like they're fundamentals are down, but it needs mire stuff to do besides just get resources.

Voidtrain I heard was in that state too.