Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

Cold blooded...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adenoid Dan
Mar 8, 2012

The Hobo Serenader
Lipstick Apathy

Halisnacks posted:

Meta was(/is?) complicit in a genocide. If you could snap your fingers and choose one of FB/IG or Twitter to just disappear, the world would be far better if FB/IG were gone.

Two different genocides, the more recent one in Ethiopia over the last several years.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Is Zuck's Threads handle really Zuck?

Lol

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
Don't forget all the democracy topplings too!

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

EMu: The thinnest-skinned bitch on the internet.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

steinrokkan posted:

Is Zuck's Threads handle really Zuck?

Lol

No

But this is from his actual one
https://twitter.com/finkd/status/1676747594460962817

Which is about as 'Suck my rear end you fuckman' as you're publicly going to get for a billionaire slap fight

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!
I can imagine Zuck has a team of advisors writing these "slapdowns" for him. Cant imagine it comes naturally for him.

If it winds up Elon though, im all for it.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Infinitum posted:

No

But this is from his actual one
https://twitter.com/finkd/status/1676747594460962817

Which is about as 'Suck my rear end you fuckman' as you're publicly going to get for a billionaire slap fight

That’s his twitter. His Threads handle is actually Zuck

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

StarkRavingMad posted:

That’s his twitter. His Threads handle is actually Zuck

Oh was that a thread screencap? If so :lol:

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
You do not under any circumstances gotta hand it to him.

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.
Those talking about genocide and data privacy are not looking at the bigger picture of this, which is Twitter failing so badly under Musk’s ownership that it crashes and burns and he is seen as one of the worst business minds who got sucked into the populist alt-right enough to completely drop the bag when it should be easy.

Until then, going to be supporting threads and then will get off it.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Elon secretly making a threads account is a funny image

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009

Starbucks posted:

Those talking about genocide and data privacy are not looking at the bigger picture of this, which is Twitter failing so badly under Musk’s ownership that it crashes and burns and he is seen as one of the worst business minds who got sucked into the populist alt-right enough to completely drop the bag when it should be easy.

Until then, going to be supporting threads and then will get off it.

People leaving Twitter for nothing vs people leaving Twitter for Threads has the same impact on Twitter.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
People aren’t going to leave twitter for nothing no matter how much goons screech about it.

Especially since this is a branch of instagram which already has a large user base so not going to threads does nothing

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.

Halisnacks posted:

People leaving Twitter for nothing vs people leaving Twitter for Threads has the same impact on Twitter.

Twitter yes, his ego? No.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

CharlestheHammer posted:

People aren’t going to leave twitter for nothing no matter how much goons screech about it.

Especially since this is a branch of instagram which already has a large user base so not going to threads does nothing

People are leaving Twitter at around the same rate fascists join. One of these aren’t popular amongst advertisers

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
Can't wait until Twitter is entirely supported by MyPillow ads.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Halisnacks posted:

The second is more likely to make Elon implode, killing Twitter faster.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Zugzwang posted:

Can't wait until Twitter is entirely supported by MyPillow ads.

He sells sheets now too! Very convenient, multiple uses.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

Mulva posted:

The second is more likely to make Elon implode, killing Twitter slower.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Lol at allowing zuck to take an easy fatality

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums

Mulva posted:

The second is more likely to make Elon implode, killing Twitter faster.

I can't wait to see 2 things sink and impode billionaires in the space of one year

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009

CharlestheHammer posted:

People aren’t going to leave twitter for nothing no matter how much goons screech about it

I’d guess a fair number of people left Twitter for nothing in the months after Elon took over.

I agree that if someone stuck it out until now, July 2023, they are probably not the type who would leave without a replacement.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

What’s the threads equivalent of a twitter thread? just a thread? they’re making it really hard to describe their platform-specific thread

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
they should just call em tweets

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Vegetable posted:

What’s the threads equivalent of a twitter thread? just a thread? they’re making it really hard to describe their platform-specific thread

Tapestries

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

CharlestheHammer posted:

Eh, anecdotally far fewer of my social circle engage in social media in any significant way at all than before, outside of WhatsApp and Messenger etc, and I don’t know if they count. It’s definitely seen as a Bad Thing that you shouldn’t waste your time on by more people than ever before.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

a rare hit from the zuck

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Omg

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
What's the opposite of that "stop stop he's already dead"

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
Whatever happened with the guy that tried to kill Elon and his family using the assassination coordinates? I remember it being a really big deal for a few hours and then he never mentioned it again.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Ariza posted:

Whatever happened with the guy that tried to kill Elon and his family using the assassination coordinates? I remember it being a really big deal for a few hours and then he never mentioned it again.

He banned that guy and the guy continued to broadcast the assassination coordinates on platforms Elon couldn’t buy and control

It goes on today and it will always go on

In other news, I grew up watching a bunch of 70s and 80s movies and TV and his cybertruck resembles nothing so much as the Mars probe from the 60 million dollar man TB series of 1976

It’s the bizarre angular design, and also probably the complete non-maneuverability of it, the clumsiness of it, and above all, that it was designed by a total loving moron who had no idea what they were doing or what their construction might do

I’m on mobile and I can’t attach an image right now but other people ITT know what to do

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

sebmojo posted:

a rare hit from the zuck

How pathetic do you have to be for frigging Zuck to dunk on you, and easily too. More like Elon Cuck

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

MrMojok posted:

I’m on mobile and I can’t attach an image right now but other people ITT know what to do

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

MrMojok posted:

In other news, I grew up watching a bunch of 70s and 80s movies and TV and his cybertruck resembles nothing so much as the Mars probe from the 60 million dollar man TB series of 1976

6 million lol

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1677952725781299200?s=20

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Jestery posted:

What's the opposite of that "stop stop he's already dead"

"I think I've seen him twitch!"

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

billionaire everybody

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

If I even had one billion dollars I would be so cool. It would be so easy you can hire tons of people to make you seem cool.

I couldn’t imagine having hundreds of billions of dollars and being so terminally uncool. Embarrassing stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Taking a break from generating AI images of Elon being sexy and cool to generate AI images of big titty lady robots for Elon to sex