Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

Alan Smithee posted:

finallly russian soldiers getting food and water
It's ammo OP... and like all ammo it comes with problems if handled badly.

:nms:
Watermelon catapult fail

(Tagging and spoilering to stick to thread rules but I think most of us would have seen this before - Great Race contestant gets struck in the head by a rebounding watermelon she's attempting to launch by catapult in one one of the challenges. Is "ok" afterwards)

Edit: Jesus... imagine getting sniped with a watermelon....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Starsfan posted:

do not thread ban the catpetter, his posting in CSPAM will only intensify if he has no other outlets

can we do the opposite of threadban him from there he's your problem now

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Cable Guy posted:

Great Race contestant gets struck in the head by a rebounding watermelon she's attempting to launch by catapult in one one of the challenges. Is "ok" afterwards)
Ok?!? Her head was turned into a fine pink mist!!

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Slugworth posted:

Ok?!? Her head was turned into a fine pink mist!!

This was going to be wagner's new execution method

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

commander: "we are going to throw these watermelons at the enemy as a threat to them and NATO"

conscript: "can't we just eat them? We are hungry and thirsty"

commander: "no"

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Alan Smithee posted:

Unknown western technology - send to Moskva immediately!

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Tai posted:

Also NAFO has done some heavy work too making GBS threads on russia disinformation. Russian disinformation is massively down compared to first few months at the start of the war. Bonus of enraging tankies. The fact that it is banned here as a compromise just shows you how effective it is.

Lmao.

Would love to hear the rationale for that one. Can't be posted due to being too cringe? Too harmful for sensitive minds?

Combat footage I can kind of understand. It's not for everyone. Banning words though? Twitter accounts? Is that normal on this site

Lol that the clown who can't shut up apparently doesn't realize that he lives in a lawless, authoritarian mafia state run by criminals.

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

Play posted:

Lmao.

Would love to hear the rationale for that one. Can't be posted due to being too cringe? Too harmful for sensitive minds?

I think the idea is more that NAFO is white noise by design. The intention is to drown out propaganda with serial dumb dog pictures. Anyone who wants to see that and have a laugh can go and do so, re-posting white noise here isn't very relevant or interesting.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

Pretty surprised no one saw through Fizzy's gimmick of always prefacing his posts with "Bad/Good News for Ukraine/Russia", it was transparent bait. I thought it was funny since he was doing it for a while and no one was responding to him.

Starsfan posted:

do not thread ban the catpetter, his posting in CSPAM will only intensify if he has no other outlets
C-Spam. Posters that estimate the number of F-35s in service but are actually out by an order of magnitude. Think Russia will produce 1500 tanks over the next year because a drunk Dmitry Medvedev said so. State that Ukraine targeted civilian population centers with artillery strikes which was part of the casus belli for the SMO. I don't think him making GBS threads into an ocean of poo poo will have much of a difference.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

Samovar posted:

Call my cynical, but I do wonder why Edrogan released the prisoners in the first place. I wouldn't trust it to be from the kindness of his own heart.

He knows Russia is losing and desperately need to get on good footing with the west again. Easy as that

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I wouldn't say he's desperate, more like he knows he's got leverage over both sides so he can do whatever he wants = whatever gets him some short term benefit right now. And face no negative consequences.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

StoryTime posted:

I think the idea is more that NAFO is white noise by design. The intention is to drown out propaganda with serial dumb dog pictures. Anyone who wants to see that and have a laugh can go and do so, re-posting white noise here isn't very relevant or interesting.
Sometimes it's funny though so I don't think a blanket ban makes sense, but if that's what it takes to appease our overlords then so be it

Budzilla posted:

C-Spam. Posters that estimate the number of F-35s in service but are actually out by an order of magnitude. Think Russia will produce 1500 tanks over the next year because a drunk Dmitry Medvedev said so. State that Ukraine targeted civilian population centers with artillery strikes which was part of the casus belli for the SMO. I don't think him making GBS threads into an ocean of poo poo will have much of a difference.
If they could read, they'd be really upset about this!

steinrokkan posted:

I wouldn't say he's desperate, more like he knows he's got leverage over both sides so he can do whatever he wants = whatever gets him some short term benefit right now. And face no negative consequences.
Yeah I don't see why he would be desperate, he just got re-elected. It's just not clear what this accomplishes other than pissing of russia (which is certainly great! But transferring the S400 would accomplish that and be more useful), it's not like Ukraine is going to benefit enormously from having those guys back now.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 44 hours!)

Play posted:

Lmao.

Certain very sensitive minds who get Very Serious about what is being posted in this horrible gorefest of Nazi-loving bloodthirsty Banderite freaks.

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

Will desperate Erdogan let Sweden into NATO?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/CliffRacer_/status/1677716243598524416?s=20https://twitter.com/CliffRacer_/status/1677735649858682880?s=20

Mr Lanternfly
Jun 26, 2023

Amazing. They got a bunch of riot cops to practice raiding empty rooms for the camera. Best of all this seems to be the Internet Research Agency offices?

Just think, at one of those terminals the teenager who masterminded the dueling Lock Her Up rallies in Florida crafted his finest work halfway across the world.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

lmao at the winchester ammo

russkie mir

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Careful everyone, gonna be reports of simply too much bloodthirsty posting real soon. :rolleyes:

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I hope Russia loses the war and Putin dies by falling down the stairs and his last act before the lights turn out is making GBS threads himself and feeling shame and I don't feel bad about that at all lol

edit: LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:perjury:

Nelson Mandingo fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Jul 9, 2023

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Pekinduck posted:

Ngo's often have a real "the ends justify the means" baked in that lets them justify awful behavior.

I will remember for a very long time getting dogpiled and well ackshuallyd by the president of some Helsinki Union of Bicyclists and his followers for having the NERVE to suggest that bicycle helmets were good, and laws mandating the use of bicycle helmets were good, because bicycle helmets save lives. It turns out that people think bicycle helmets are ugly and if the law requires you to wear one to ride a bike, then people won't ride bikes and having as many people ride bikes as possible is the number one priority and therefore bicycle helmet laws are EVIL and must be opposed and I'm a loving idiot who should shut up and let the adults talk so I don't embarrass myself.

These loving morons cared enough about one random Twitter comment to harass me for weeks.

I think about this every time some think tank or activist group says something incredibly loving stupid.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I will remember for a very long time getting dogpiled and well ackshuallyd by the president of some Helsinki Union of Bicyclists and his followers for having the NERVE to suggest that bicycle helmets were good, and laws mandating the use of bicycle helmets were good, because bicycle helmets save lives. It turns out that people think bicycle helmets are ugly and if the law requires you to wear one to ride a bike, then people won't ride bikes and having as many people ride bikes as possible is the number one priority and therefore bicycle helmet laws are EVIL and must be opposed and I'm a loving idiot who should shut up and let the adults talk so I don't embarrass myself.

These loving morons cared enough about one random Twitter comment to harass me for weeks.

I think about this every time some think tank or activist group says something incredibly loving stupid.

uh like in non bike related threads

boofhead
Feb 18, 2021

me: is this the wendys drive through

shaman tank spec: yes this is the wendys drive through

me: I just want to be absolutely sure this is the wendys drive through

shaman tank spec: this is absolutely the wendys drive through, can i take your order

me: great, yes ill take 40 kids meals with nugg--

shaman tank spec:

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Alan Smithee posted:

It is not watermelon season so those are probably straight piss

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

please feel free to share your well developed arguments on bike helmets in the Australian politics thread.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1678032618682478593
It also seems that Russia launched a huge attack near Avdiivka, the same that Girkin was complaining about yesterday, and took heavy losses in men and equipment.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Ah yes. When the enemy's offensive is stalling out from your defensive networks, the next thing to do is send all your men into the field to die

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
Bike helmets are great. The problems with the mandate are that:
A) they do gently caress all against the primary threat cyclists face (drivers murdering them through negligence or auto-induced sociopathy)
B) without ubiquitous helmet availability, mandates will target the poor and hamper adoption of bike share

Focusing on imposing helmet laws while we still utterly fail to enforce rules that would get drivers to use their 5-ton murder weapons on wheels responsibly is weird and is hard to interpret as anything but anti-bike animus.

To draw it back to the topic of the thread, it's a bit like that Shamnesty report weirdly obsessed with Ukrainian soldiers defending their country in urban areas. Like, yeah, we'd love to not be forced to set up a machine gun nest in what was once Sasha's apartment, but it's weird you're focusing in on that when the RAF raped and murdered Sasha and his family and indiscriminately shelled his neighborhood, all before we showed up.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you
Just because derailing threads is a tradition as long as the internet has existed - very free biking accidents involves head injuries thanks to human instincts. That said I usually use a helmet because in the rare instances you do fall on your head you’ll get hosed up, and I already have enough concussions

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

How many classic derails can we get in here simultaneously?

Grrrr! Cyclists!

Pineapple on pizza is OK on some pizza.

I hear Putin doesn't tip.

Putin is a real piece of poo poo.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Putin is a pc gamer but doesn't use inverted mouse

Doom Sleigher
Dec 29, 2004

Is there no hope for nitter anymore? Its just Tweet Not Found now.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

unzin posted:

I think nitter is basically done for, unfortunately.

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

unzin posted:

In the direction of nitter/twitter the situation is difficult and we are awaiting further updates (machine translated).

zone
Dec 6, 2016

A smoking accident happened to some equipment hangars in Zarichne near Melitopol.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Budzilla posted:

Pretty surprised no one saw through Fizzy's gimmick of always prefacing his posts with "Bad/Good News for Ukraine/Russia", it was transparent bait.
that was what convinced me not to reply to him, i saw that and had mad-max-thats-bait.avi play in my skull. i already had a war movie teach me that sometimes the winning move is not to play so

burning swine
May 26, 2004

unzin posted:

It somehow continued working for a day or two after twitter offed itself, but it's good and dead now :(

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

Got a chuckle out of me.

New Perun is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnvJzup8i-c

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Cugel the Clever posted:

To draw it back to the topic of the thread, it's a bit like that Shamnesty report weirdly obsessed with Ukrainian soldiers defending their country in urban areas. Like, yeah, we'd love to not be forced to set up a machine gun nest in what was once Sasha's apartment, but it's weird you're focusing in on that when the RAF raped and murdered Sasha and his family and indiscriminately shelled his neighborhood, all before we showed up.

I mean that was kind of my original intention with the post, to give an example of an advocacy group kind of losing track of what they're actually meant to be advocating for. To those bike weirdoes it wasn't about trying to help cyclists or protect them, it was about getting as many cyclists as possible even if it meant doing something that actually harmed the people who do ride their bikes.

Similarly I definitely agree with the sentiment that we should oppose using cluster munitions, land mines etc, but when a country is literally fighting against a genocidal invader, it becomes a bit more complicated, and I don't think either viewpoint is automatically the only correct one, and trying to protect civilians and innocents might not be best accomplished by banning cluster munitions, because those munitions might be stopping a bunch of other people from killing those civilians in horrible ways.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Sedgr posted:

How many classic derails can we get in here simultaneously?

Grrrr! Cyclists!

Pineapple on pizza is OK on some pizza.

I hear Putin doesn't tip.

Putin is a real piece of poo poo.

Can putin beat up a bunch of 5 year Olds

Putin thinks sharks aren't smooth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

ShortyMR.CAT posted: