Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005

Onean posted:

So, Pint made a nearly 30 minute video about his multi-month journey in setting the world record for climbing Kugane Tower and released it yesterday.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fteq8Fbt-5w

And then lost it just a few hours ago. (You should watch Pint's video before watching this one, or at least looking at who did it.)

That's outstanding. The guy just logs back in and posts his first vid in three years just to retake the throne lmao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
That icing on the cake at the end :kiss:

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Consummate Professional posted:

Can either of them log onto my account and do it? Goddamn I’m bad at jumping puzzles

PROTIP: marry someone who's good at jumping puzzles and ask nicely if they have five minutes to help you out

This may be the only reason I got the last aether current in the Ruby Sea

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Marrying something is significantly harder than the jump puzzle, friend

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

Antivehicular posted:

PROTIP: marry someone who's good at jumping puzzles and ask nicely if they have five minutes to help you out

This may be the only reason I got the last aether current in the Ruby Sea

If you've got BLU and a patient friend who can climb the tower, they can sherpa you up with suicide/res shenanigans. I've done this for a couple friends who just wanted the log entry.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Blockhouse posted:

Like the problem with doing an expansion there is it's literally just a blank void with floating wasteland islands. We have seen the entire breadth of what there is to see in the Thirteenth. Not only that, we're also dealing with the strongest beings there so there's nowhere to even go from that.

I think if they did do it, the method would have to be to set some aether rebalancing process in place then come back 10,000 years later because time flows differently there.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Qwertycoatl posted:

I think if they did do it, the method would have to be to set some aether rebalancing process in place then come back 10,000 years later because time flows differently there.

In which case, let's just go to another shard.

gtrmp
Sep 29, 2008

Oba-Ma... Oba-Ma! Oba-Ma, aasha deh!

Consummate Professional posted:

Marrying something is significantly harder than the jump puzzle, friend

skill issue

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Onean posted:

So, Pint made a nearly 30 minute video about his multi-month journey in setting the world record for climbing Kugane Tower and released it yesterday.

I feel like the chaser should've been held in a spoiler because it's the funniest resolution to this whole saga, on top of the reveal that recontextualizes the incredibly one-sided rivalry between Pint and Em0_oticon

I bet he was secretly working on the run the whole drat time, Pint was very public and vocal about his Kugane Tower efforts

Runa fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Jul 9, 2023

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Runa posted:

I feel like the chaser should be held in a spoiler because it's the funniest resolution to this whole saga, on top of the reveal that recontextualizes the incredibly one-sided rivalry between Pint and Em0_oticon
Pint's already commented on the video, too.

quote:

HUH?????

GG You absolute legend. I’m genuinely so happy to see this, you’re incredible ❤

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

girl dick energy posted:

Pint's already commented on the video, too.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Runa posted:

I feel like the chaser should've been held in a spoiler because it's the funniest resolution to this whole saga, on top of the reveal that recontextualizes the incredibly one-sided rivalry between Pint and Em0_oticon

I bet he was secretly working on the run the whole drat time, Pint was very public and vocal about his Kugane Tower efforts

I thought about it, but I figured there wasn't going to be a lot of people that didn't check a spoiler for just a half-hour YouTube video before watching it, or remember they were there afterwards if they didn't.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

fair

at any rate this had all the drama of a summoningsalt deep dive with literally none of the chill, but also funny as hell

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Antivehicular posted:

Thirteenth Restoration as Firmament 2, c'moooooon. Talk about an environment that can use as many building materials and pots of stew as we can make

Close. Instead, it's going to be Garlemald that we restore.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Kheldarn posted:

Close. Instead, it's going to be Garlemald that we restore.

I highly doubt it. Every time it comes up, YoshiP is absolutely baffled that people want to do a Garlemald Restoration. And besides, from a story point do you really think Garlemald will want a bunch of adventures helping them out, when the latest MSQ showed us just how prideful and fearful they are? Honestly, I'll be pleasantly surprised if they do another Restoration thing again, at least in the style of Ishgard's.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

If we build anything for Garleans, it will be Nero content on the moon

Logic Probed
Feb 26, 2011

Having a normal one since 2016

Feldegast42 posted:

Also I wonder if they are going to run out of FF reference nostalgia to mine since they basically did all the hits except for Sephiroth (who I think they are saving for whenever the FF7 remakes finish up as a crossover event)

If anything, they could try to pull from other RPG games/franchises under their wing if they feel so inclined. Octopath Traveler, Bravely Default, Live A Live, Chrono Trigger, Kingdom Hearts, there's a lot of options there.

Now, whether or not they'd translate well, that's another matter.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
The next crafting tribe will be garlond ironworks, and the storyline will be guiding cid and nero through dating sim style shenanigans with others or each other using the branching quest system during the reputation milestone quests

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Logic Probed posted:

Chrono Trigger

Hell yeah, put the WoL on trial for eating an old man’s lunch.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Please the WoL would never eat or drink some random food item just sitting around.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Logic Probed posted:

If anything, they could try to pull from other RPG games/franchises under their wing if they feel so inclined. Octopath Traveler, Bravely Default, Live A Live, Chrono Trigger, Kingdom Hearts, there's a lot of options there.

Still waiting on the Super Mario RPG raid series

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Culex finally gets to be in a Final Fantasy game.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

ChaseSP posted:

Please the WoL would never eat or drink some random food item just sitting around.

It had a 3% xp buff

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Countblanc posted:

Still waiting on the Super Mario RPG raid series

ChaseSP posted:

Culex finally gets to be in a Final Fantasy game.

With the remake coming, this could happen! (It probably won't happen...)

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

FuturePastNow posted:

If we build anything for Garleans, it will be Nero content on the moon

I don't think that's likely, it's based on the role quest capstone and they won't make anything important depend on that

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Sentient Data posted:

The next crafting tribe will be garlond ironworks, and the storyline will be guiding cid and nero through dating sim style shenanigans with others or each other using the branching quest system during the reputation milestone quests

In a surprise twist the end will reveal that Cid and Jessie have been married with two kids for years and that Nero has a boyfriend back home in Garlemald that he recently proposed to. Both Cid and Nero will be completely dumbfounded at the idea that anyone would think they'd ever want to be romantically involved with each other.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Logic Probed posted:

I want a Dragon Quest crossover just to see how many people make fools of themselves asking why "Dragon Ball Z knock-offs" are in the game.

W.T. Fits posted:

In a surprise twist the end will reveal that Cid and Jessie have been married with two kids for years and that Nero has a boyfriend back home in Garlemald that he recently proposed to. Both Cid and Nero will be completely dumbfounded at the idea that anyone would think they'd ever want to be romantically involved with each other.
I'll do you one better. They've been divorced for years and neither has any interest in getting back together.

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

They already did a DQ collab, but I guess they left out the Akira Toriyama art, for the most part.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Maximum Tomfoolery posted:

They already did a DQ collab, but I guess they left out the Akira Toriyama art, for the most part.

Make Erdrick a raid boss so I can votekick anyone who calls him Gohan. :colbert:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

bobtheconqueror posted:

That is correct, yes. Lightning ends up in the real world at the end of the third game. It was weird, and I seem to recall had something to do with one of the lead devs being really into the character in a weird way, but this was ages ago in video game terms.
the 'producer was into lightning' thing was made up because people basically wanted to accuse a fictional character of sleeping with the producer to get cast as the star, because thats the level of misogyny ff fans are on

one of them made some goofy, poetic speech about her but they do that with every single ff protagonist.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

hopeandjoy posted:

I think there’s easily a universe where 14 lasts 20+ years as long as the devs don’t drop the ball hard enough to scare off too many subs. It’s probably the second largest MMO on the market (at least in the West) and makes a ton of steady yearly revenue and awards for SE. It’s not going to last forever or anything because nothing does, but WoW is basically that old. And at the very least the lights are still on on 11’s servers.
also everquest 1 is still getting new expansions, to this day, ff14 isnt going anywhere anytime soon

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Onean posted:

And then lost it just a few hours ago. (You should watch Pint's video before watching this one, or at least looking at who did it.)

Brutal. But it seems Pint took it in stride.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Qwertycoatl posted:

I don't think that's likely, it's based on the role quest capstone and they won't make anything important depend on that

meh they can condense that into a line of dialogue for people who haven't done it

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Logic Probed posted:

Shinra digs too deep and bonks Lavos, in response he does his signature screech sound which summons a bunch of heartless.

We travel back to Ultima Thule to talk with the remaining wisps of Meteion's spirit, and she's like "Oh yeah every planet also has a Lavos so even if they get their poo poo together they're all on apocalypse clocks anyway, forgot to mention that okay byeeeeee."

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Came across this, figured some PC people might like to give it a try!

https://twitter.com/RoxlLuikhart/status/1678027390763802624?t=6wkFz2x0eQvSxWoCxJIrWQ&s=19

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Oh yeah this is the mod I use. This dude’s great, he makes custom models with ear holes like SE used to make for Miqos in 1.0 and 2.0.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Shroud Leap of Faith continues to suck

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

lmao did they miss the other half of the pigtails

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

super sweet best pal posted:

Shroud Leap of Faith continues to suck

I love it, honestly. I'm glad they put in a slightly more permanent, harder jumping puzzle.

It could probably use a checkpoint just before the big tree section on both (or is there more than two?) versions, though. Even if you've got a 80% chance to fall to a lower level when you miss, that 20% where you just jump off and get sent all the way back to the start hurts.