Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squirrels2Nuts

comedere nuces omni tempore
in my work, the equivalent of ordering food 20min to close is a nurse ordering stats righgt at shift change. it's turned out before that they don't even need them, just so the nurse coming on will have it in case they need it. bitxh im changing shifts too i don't need this at the end of my 12-hr overnight

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cruft

The way hospitals do shifts can't be good for patient outcomes. I will keep saying this until someone does a study. But I guess they'd need something to compare to first.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

cruft posted:

The way hospitals do shifts can't be good for patient outcomes. I will keep saying this until someone does a study. But I guess they'd need something to compare to first.

This is exactly why I stopped working in healthcare a long time ago. I was part time because I was in uni, but none of my coworkers were--and they were working 6 12s. When they quit, so did I. Not worth it.

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
i'm "working" the front desk at my dispo today. just playing music on youtube for my customers but i keep running out of weed music ideas

:negative:

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

cruft

Areola Grande posted:

i'm "working" the front desk at my dispo today. just playing music on youtube for my customers but i keep running out of weed music ideas

Ott

Ominous Jazz

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
just put cypress hill on repeat

Gaylor Moon

Gender? I hardly know'er

emSparkly posted:

I did one tour of duty in McDonald's and another in Taco Bell. I've seen things man. The ketchup that stained our hands will never wash off. Food service is hell.

ohhhh I worked Taco Bell a handful of years ago! a lot of the crew was pretty chill, but yeah those rushes just SLAM ya. 🥺

I am currently slamming coffee and going to have a yogurt,,,, one more lil dish shift and tmrw is me actual full day off w/ 0 responsibilities. LETS GO WORKIN YOBBERS let’s go!!!

Ass-penny

Areola Grande posted:

lmao most music is weed music, if you aren't worried about actually referencing plants in the lyrics. but also

Bongzilla
Bongripper
Electric Wizard
Sleep
Weedeater
Stone Titan
Wu Tang Clan, especially things by Method Man or ODB
Asylum Street Spankers
Earthless

and if all else fails

Ominous Jazz posted:

just put cypress hill on repeat

Areola Grande

rear end-penny posted:

lmao most music is weed music, if you aren't worried about actually referencing plants in the lyrics. but also

Bongzilla
Bongripper
Electric Wizard
Sleep
Weedeater
Stone Titan
Wu Tang Clan, especially things by Method Man or ODB
Asylum Street Spankers
Earthless

and if all else fails

this is what i needed thx!!!!

here's one i put on often https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMmNFCKLBvY :rznv:

Ass-penny

fair warning, that list is like 90% just doom metal bands, they will sound very similar

Areola Grande

rear end-penny posted:

fair warning, that list is like 90% just doom metal bands, they will sound very similar

i have never understood why there's any connection between doom metal and weed :confused:

Ass-penny

slow tempos, lots of distortion. sounds like you need to smoke weed and listen to doom metal tbh

xcheopis

Areola Grande posted:

https://www.youtube.com/@specialk_music/videos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5N6pMNf74VY

Everywhere, everyone is red and green
I gotta lust for glory and a tape machine
I'm living out Frank Coppola's dreams
Outta my mind, I'm feelin' mean

Areola Grande

i'm enjoying the afro house :dance:

xcheopis

Areola Grande posted:

i'm enjoying the afro house :dance:

I've been on a quest for the past couple of days for afro/tribal house and have been having a blast with it! Currently listening to a set from Bali

Everywhere, everyone is red and green
I gotta lust for glory and a tape machine
I'm living out Frank Coppola's dreams
Outta my mind, I'm feelin' mean

Gaylor Moon

Gender? I hardly know'er
Eyyyy shout out to morning prep for not leaving me a sink full of standing, cold, meat water with an insane amount of meat chunks to come into first thing this week! :cheers:

DoomCroissant

Roll D3 for Delicious Flaky Crust
so why do i work on sundays again

Areola Grande

bored at work. what's a decent browser based game for me 2 dick around with

:thunk:

cruft

Areola Grande posted:

bored at work. what's a decent browser based game for me 2 dick around with

:thunk:

I like Cookie Clicker a whole lot.

Areola Grande

cruft posted:

I like Cookie Clicker a whole lot.

I will check that out! :dbuddy:

Escape From Noise

I don't really have poo poo to do at work today. Almost forgot I need to dry hop a tank because I've had almost nothing to do these days. Getting out of bed today was tough. Still not sure it was the right move tbh.

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Farecoal

There he go

cruft posted:

I think there have been studies done showing that patient outcomes improve with longer shifts due to needing to do less handoffs (which increase the chances for errors)

HOWEVER I do not know the quality of these studies. And for residents at least, the reason their hours are so ridiculous is mainly because one of the lead doctors who created the modern residency system was on cocaine all the time

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
i'm in a meeting, i thought i'd share my notes

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
gonna mow the lawn brb

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
Off-work happy hour krew! Found this new bar in an old house, high-end low-brow saloon type place, so I'm letting traffic clear up while I settle down from a busy day of slacking off...

Escape From Noise

I've been incredibly stressed at work because I have nothing to do, nobody will sit down and work out a production schedule with me, much less stick to one, so it means every loving directive I get is incredibly last minute. Just sat through one of the least productive meetings of my loving life with the restaurant manager. Of course he doesn't remember scheduling requests he and the managers made at the last meeting that resulted in me ordering not one, but two liquid yeast pitches (which cost 2.5-5 times as much as a dry pitch and really need to be used twice in order to really be worth it). I told them how constantly overhauling the schedule and these constant last minute orders followed by long spells of doing nothing is killing me. Apparently that's due to me not sending them a detailed copy of the schedule we sit down and plan out together. I guess sending pictures of two versions of the schedule multiple times along with weekly updates isn't enough? I don't know. I don't mind clarifying things, and maybe I'm the rear end in a top hat, but maybe this could have been clarified earlier? Kind of feels like I'm expected to do all the heavy lifting but without the authority of final decision making. I don't know. Again. Maybe I'm being unreasonable. I haven't been sleeping well. Fortunately, they have a solution: somehow make a detailed schedule on my own with zero input, submit it to three people for approval, wait for their corrections, then resubmit. This just feels like the same quagmire l was already struggling with already, but now there's more paperwork.

Also, right after hammering out a rough schedule during the meeting I was on the computer looking for contact info to figure out some availability issues when the restaurant manager approached me to ask about making a smoky beer for some loving restaurant opening. Fuckin lol. What a clown show.

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Jul 11, 2023

Escape From Noise

What I'm saying is gently caress a job.

Squirrels2Nuts

Dr. Honked posted:

i'm in a meeting, i thought i'd share my notes

he'll yeah pilot g2. fine tip?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Squirrels2Nuts

Randy Travesty posted:

This is exactly why I stopped working in healthcare a long time ago. I was part time because I was in uni, but none of my coworkers were--and they were working 6 12s. When they quit, so did I. Not worth it.

i'm only ever scheduled 4, the most i work is 5, and they wont even let me do 6. 4 is brutal, 5 is hell, i would be dead at 6

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Squirrels2Nuts posted:

he'll yeah pilot g2. fine tip?

extra fine (0.5) one of my favourite pens of all tymes

omg i fuckin love pens so much (and pencils)

Squirrels2Nuts

ooh that'd be my daily driver if the labels i need to write on at work didn't smudge horribly with gel pens. i use the 0.5mm g2 when i write on paper tho. i'm a tiny writer and love the scritchin

cruft

I use a fountain pen :smug:

Squirrels2Nuts

EDC

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Pilot G2 .7 or 1.0 are the GOAT for pens when I can't use my nice pens. My nice pens are Retro 51 fountain or tornado pens depending.

I do love an ultra fine sharpie for my work labels tho. So nice.

Squirrels2Nuts

depending on what?

Ass-penny

some of you seem to know a lot about computers and tech stuff. the CEO of my company is very tech minded, does all our web design and designed our punch in/out interface, he recently moved out of state. I'm a little curious how much he is liable to spy on us remotely. can he see what I'm doing on my phone because I'm connected to our wifi? only online applications? so like my FB messages with friends or my awful app? maybe he can't really screen watch but all of that data routes through our network so he knows someone was looking at SA on our network? how rabidly paranoid should I reasonably be?

cruft

rear end-penny posted:

some of you seem to know a lot about computers and tech stuff. the CEO of my company is very tech minded, does all our web design and designed our punch in/out interface, he recently moved out of state. I'm a little curious how much he is liable to spy on us remotely. can he see what I'm doing on my phone because I'm connected to our wifi? only online applications? so like my FB messages with friends or my awful app? maybe he can't really screen watch but all of that data routes through our network so he knows someone was looking at SA on our network? how rabidly paranoid should I reasonably be?

He would be able to see the names of servers you connect to. That could give him a pretty good idea what you're up to, when, and for how long.

But he couldn't see the content of what you're sending or receiving.

Ass-penny

cruft posted:

He would be able to see the names of servers you connect to. That could give him a pretty good idea what you're up to, when, and for how long.

But he couldn't see the content of what you're sending or receiving.

cool, thank you for your input. lord only knows what SAs servers are named lmao

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

rear end-penny posted:

cool, thank you for your input. lord only knows what SAs servers are named lmao

something awful dot com!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squirrels2Nuts

Dr. Honked posted:

something is awful dot com!