Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Vic posted:

The way things are looking Diablo 4 is going to steal a lot of Star Citizen's playerbase.

They're really going to have to up the quality on those spider jpegs if that's what they're going for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

My ideas for Season 1

- Make webs last longer
- Make respecs more expensive
- Add dances
- Make PVP mandatory to progress to WT5

you forgot more cc

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
I'm not mad about cc because it's pretty obviously telegraphed for the most part and you gotta have some mechanics requiring you pay attention. Still salty about the lag and disconnects but I'm not gonna play HC so nbd

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Sorc players: what is cc

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

My ideas for Season 1

- Make webs last longer
- Add dances

this, no irony

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I will pay 5 dollars to see Inarius hit the griddy

manpurse
Mar 19, 2007
I got deathless visage that makes my bone spear leaves more bone spears behind and now I'm almost ready to hit t4.

I did find it from a goopey spider so maybe sometimes they're good.

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

EC posted:

Did our first nightmare dungeons today and instantly got a condemnation for my rogue, so this game is officially 10/10

i got a min roll eyes on the dark on mine. i was hoping it would be a low level req. temerity but it was not meant to be

i did not instantly get the best gear available for my class and spec once hitting endgame, 0/10

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
I rip'd my HC druid the other day to a death explosion on one of the rare mobs at level 49 and swore I was done with hardcore until seasons.

Then today I rolled up another Necro in hardcore mode and I'm back to 40 again.

My real Necro is at 86 now and I can't decide if I'm going to push to 100 before s1 or just wait. I'm probably playing Necro again so I may just hold off

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

CharlestonJew posted:

Lol to whoever said path of exile respecs are cheap but conveniently left out the fact you can only respec 20 points total, per character, with those points being spread out throughout your entire play through

https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/Orb_of_Regret

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

That's just what they call my testicles

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

I hope the patch balances the skills so there are more usable ranged builds because it feels like most viable builds past the campaign are close ranged

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

socialsecurity posted:

The season 1 storyline quests/mechanics aren't going to be in Eternal and probably won't be brought to eternal ever though.

The Grumbles posted:

It’s hard to stress just how much Diablo games after your first run through the campaign are the seasons. Like, that’s the real meat of the game. You may find it tricky to wring fun out of the game if you’re not wanting to engage with seasons.

I think it’s muddled in this one because nowadays we associate seasons with battle passes, and the battle pass here is obviously intertwined with the seasonal stuff. So it gets confusing to talk about. You can probably ignore the battle pass.

my post was mostly addressing people who are extremely casual for arpg standards. those who might have 10-30 hours per season to play, or even less. their progress with the map and statues are all going to be saved, for when they decide whether they got their $70 worth or would like to dabble into seasons to try the seasonal quests. you can absolutely fly through the leveling process, but if you're just trying to do everything and get the full story like you would in, say, the witcher, there's at least 60 hours of content to be had for the casual gamer.

Time posted:

Unrelated but are people going to play a class you haven’t played before for the season or do one you have already played and liked

the latter. barb was extremely fun and actually has a wide variety of builds u can play. I want to try druid, but the tales I heard about the uniques struggle is pretty off putting. saving druid as an alt in a season

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

satanic splash-back posted:

I hope the patch balances the skills so there are more usable ranged builds because it feels like most viable builds past the campaign are close ranged

Its the camera mostly

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
expansion pack that adds zoom and ultrawide support

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Time posted:

Unrelated but are people going to play a class you haven’t played before for the season or do one you have already played and liked

I couldn’t imagine playing the same class I just poured however many hours into, again. That would be incredibly boring. I was a Sorc and loved it but I’ll be going rogue in season 1.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
I'm gonna do the same thing i did again basically. Minion necromancer. Hell yeah.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

SHISHKABOB posted:

I'm gonna do the same thing i did again basically. Minion necromancer. Hell yeah.
If they explicitly state that they'll turn Cult Leader on for the season, me too.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

My ideas for Season 1

- Make webs last longer
- Add dances

i watched a dude melt down in real time when he realized one of the game's achievements required you to pvp ( a grand total of like 5 or 10 kills LMAO)

mandatory pvp to advance to wt5 would be the ultimate comedy option

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

The Ol Spicy Keychain posted:

i watched a dude melt down in real time when he realized one of the game's achievements required you to pvp ( a grand total of like 5 or 10 kills LMAO)

that would be hilarious for hardcore players, too

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The last boss should have a phase where you have to kill someone also attempting to kill the boss

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

The last Dark Souls 3 dlc had a boss kind of like this and it whipped rear end. Midway through the fight he would summon another player and some adds to fight you.

Make.it happen, Blizzard.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
they should just sell respecs for $5

Ravus Ursus
Mar 30, 2017

Herstory Begins Now posted:

they should just sell respecs for $5

Cmon.

Make it a feature of Diablo Immortal.

There's a shrine that pulls up "Heroes of Ages to Come" and let's you Respec your D4 characters using Immortals premium currency.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Flavahbeast posted:

jeez it never used to be that way

It's literally never been that way lol

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
I've been farming the PVP zones at like 8am. I only have 2 ears, but I have most of the mount unlocks now.

Best PVP system ever IMHO

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real

The Ol Spicy Keychain posted:

Those are the hardcore PvP achievements. They're kind of stupid. I would love to see anyone get those legit and not just asking a friend to suicide 10 alts into the Fields of Hatred for them.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I know pure minion necros are supposed to be slow going, but I love my necro. 74 and WT4 having very little trouble. But compared to the alt I've been leveling, a poison focused werewolf, and at 48, I've died probably ten times more than my necro ever has, and it takes forever to kill stuff, especially when skeletons are the enemies. I just tried the wt2 capstone at level 48 and couldn't take the final boss much past 50%. Gear is current and legendary and upgraded, it looks like there's some good paragon boards for a poison wolf, but my big skill is unleashing the creeper, especially if I get lucky and cool down resets. Shred is poo poo, and I've maxed that skill out. Lacerate does laughable amounts of damage, especially if there are too many enemies around that make it so the strikes won't concentrate on a large target. Basically, poison damage needs to be increased, mobs aren't going to live six seconds, so who cares if I can fill their entire health bar with DoT damage.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

It's basically going to be a runtime decision at the start of S1 as to whether or not I main a druid or necro I think.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

flashman posted:

Its the camera mostly

it also probably doesn't help that like, almost every melee mob (which is most of them) has some instant gap closing attack on you

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real

Soonmot posted:

I know pure minion necros are supposed to be slow going, but I love my necro. 74 and WT4 having very little trouble. But compared to the alt I've been leveling, a poison focused werewolf, and at 48, I've died probably ten times more than my necro ever has, and it takes forever to kill stuff, especially when skeletons are the enemies. I just tried the wt2 capstone at level 48 and couldn't take the final boss much past 50%. Gear is current and legendary and upgraded, it looks like there's some good paragon boards for a poison wolf, but my big skill is unleashing the creeper, especially if I get lucky and cool down resets. Shred is poo poo, and I've maxed that skill out. Lacerate does laughable amounts of damage, especially if there are too many enemies around that make it so the strikes won't concentrate on a large target. Basically, poison damage needs to be increased, mobs aren't going to live six seconds, so who cares if I can fill their entire health bar with DoT damage.

Get aspect of the blurred beast and your poison woes are over. Just requires a bit of micro of running out to do each individual dash in the shred combo when you're fighting a boss.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Martian Manfucker posted:

Get aspect of the blurred beast and your poison woes are over. Just requires a bit of micro of running out to do each individual dash in the shred combo when you're fighting a boss.

How does that work, because that's a codex aspect I've made sure to put on my gear already.

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Ha Ha Ha... YES!
OK the respec chat got me thinking, who are you even paying to respec? Where is that gold going? I realize that the game isn't that realistic but they aren't even pretending with that one

Also D2 offered multiple penalty free respecs, they should give you a respec after beating each of the capstone dungeons. :colbert: (I don't actually care about respecs)

bus hustler fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Jul 10, 2023

Gentlemen Bones
Jul 22, 2014

I HAVE FEELINGS! I CARE! IM SO CONFUUUUSED!

bus hustler posted:

OK the respec chat got me thinking, who are you even paying to respec? Where is that gold going? I realize that the game isn't that realistic but they aren't even pretending with that one

Also D2 offered multiple penalty free respecs, they should give you a respec after beating each of the capstone dungeons. :colbert: (I don't actually care about respecs)

It's a gold sink. Which I just don't get because people having too much gold in this game doesn't do anything. There's no social economy to manipulate via auction house.

Shodai
Aug 18, 2006

bus hustler posted:

It all goes to Bobby, who then RMT's it to players for additional revenue.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Being gold limited also prevents people from just slamming the reroll button on their items until they get perfect rolls. With an increasing cost, and limited gold acquisition, players are more likely to settle for "good enough" on their rerolls which leaves an opportunity to still find upgrades from monsters.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

I think I might roll a summoner necro when season 1 starts. Is that a viable build for T4?

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

obi_ant posted:

I think I might roll a summoner necro when season 1 starts. Is that a viable build for T4?

if they fix cult leader it will at least be viable up to a point in late game stuff. it might even be now but i havent tried it. im gonna try out barb season 1 it seems fun and a great addition to group play and also the class wheel said yes

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
Looking forward to leveling my new Druid, Roseanne.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravus Ursus
Mar 30, 2017

GreatGreen posted:

Looking forward to leveling my new Druid, Roseanne.

Man you just... Firing on all cylinders huh?