Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: GhostofJohnMuir)

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Tesseraction posted:

isn't that the prelude to The Matrix tho

right before 9/11 it certainly was the time to have an alter ego as a superhero terrorist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Tesseraction posted:

isn't that the prelude to The Matrix tho

Yeah but without the sci-fi stuff and a lean toward humor

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Professor Beetus posted:

Yeah but without the sci-fi stuff and a lean toward humor

oh so true lies then

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Cease to Hope posted:

oh so true lies then

yeah they should make another one, it was pretty good

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Professor Beetus posted:

yeah they should make another one, it was pretty good

they had a sequel lined up that got killed by 9/11

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Mellow Seas posted:

He's not too obviously funny to a casual viewer compared to somebody like Beck Bennett or Andy Samberg or Kate McKinnon (just to mention a few of his dozens of costars over the years) but Keenan is pretty much the temperamentally perfect SNL cast member. He's very professional and absurdly experienced. (If you count "All That" he's been doing sketch comedy for 29 years and he's 45. Three more years and he'll have spent fully half of his life on SNL!) He doesn't get caught up in all the partying culture that can make people burn out there. On a show that can be very slapdash and disorganized by design, he's an important source of consistency.

Michaels loves him, the cast loves him, and he loves doing SNL. He has a sitcom that he can work into his schedule and doesn't have any interest in a movie career. He might have another 21 years in him.

From a team perspective they love him because he can be the straight man, a wacky guy, a game show host, a guy who reacts, whatever they need and he can hit what they need to hit for a beat. He's basically a great utility player.

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

my brother is writing a zombie novel where being blind drunk gives you immunity to zombie bites so the heroes (based on our family) have to be drunk all the time. a profound metaphor for living in australia

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

But alcohol dehydrates you, a bad thing in a country where they have to keep inventing new colours for the heat index maps.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

exmarx posted:

i thought the whole reason for giving this thread an ik was to stop these kinds of fail probes

i refuse to moderate, unlike certain turncoats in this thread

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
took up the dark mantle of moderation and couldn't even use those powers to permanently destroy the uspol thread

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i've safely returned from the wilds of la's culinary landscape

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

I assume 20lbs overweight and 20k in debt? :v:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

i refuse to moderate, unlike certain turncoats in this thread

when you see yourself as a God but in the Futurama sense where by doing nothing you're doing your job

DeadlyMuffin
Jul 3, 2007

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

took up the dark mantle of moderation and couldn't even use those powers to permanently destroy the uspol thread

No worries, it's basically dead anyway.

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

posting

a strange fowl fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Jul 10, 2023

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
guy who doesn't get trans women because he doesn't understand why someone wouldn't want to be a guy

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
figures it's just one more thing he doesn't understand about women

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

guy who posts, and regrets posting, and posts about his posting regret, and then posts again, even more regrettably this time

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

i tried to explain my posting career to my therapist today and it was clear that all their training and experience had not prepared them in the slightest

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

Did you eat at that restaurant where they give you giant silverware, serve your mac and cheese in a mouse trap, and make you cook your own items in a functional portable toaster oven?

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Did you eat at that restaurant where they give you giant silverware, serve your mac and cheese in a mouse trap, and make you cook your own items in a functional portable toaster oven?

no

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

a strange fowl posted:

i tried to explain my posting career to my therapist today and it was clear that all their training and experience had not prepared them in the slightest

my posting career is a facet of my life i will take to my grave

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

This is the whitest thing I've ever seen, and I've seen the snuggie

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
wait a second, they have normal sized silverware too! not even committing to the bit

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Lame

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

wait a second, they have normal sized silverware too! not even committing to the bit

It is disappointing that they don't commit to it 100%.

They only area where they fully commit to the bit is that they refuse to serve ice cream in anything except giant martini glasses.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

a strange fowl posted:

guy who posts, and regrets posting, and posts about his posting regret, and then posts again, even more regrettably this time

I feel called out.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

It is disappointing that they don't commit to it 100%.

They only area where they fully commit to the bit is that they refuse to serve ice cream in anything except giant martini glasses.

i just ate my way across something like 20 different food spots in the last two weeks, so i feel qualified to say that is a disgusting amount of ice cream

my vivacious and witty bon vivant personality makes such dumb bullshit unnecessary to get people to eat with me

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

why does this happen

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

a strange fowl posted:

why does this happen

:911:

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I’m going to LA for a few days next month. Will not visit that restaurant

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

does the mouse trap go off and break your arm if you spoon out the mac and cheese incorrectly

i can't even see a consistent design rationale for everything. what is the significance of a mouse trap, giant cutlery, and a toaster oven? how do all these elements work together? i feel like i'm looking at the product of a deranged mind and it would make me very hesitant to eat the food or really to remain in los angeles one minute longer

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

a strange fowl posted:

does the mouse trap go off and break your arm if you spoon out the mac and cheese incorrectly

i can't even see a consistent design rationale for everything. what is the significance of a mouse trap, giant cutlery, and a toaster oven? how do all these elements work together? i feel like i'm looking at the product of a deranged mind and it would make me very hesitant to eat the food or really to remain in los angeles one minute longer

There is no theme. It is madness.

They also serve food on giant fishing lures with huge hooks and sell lobster pop tarts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqDtVPP7j5k

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

There is no theme. It is madness.

They also serve food on giant fishing lures with huge hooks and sell lobster pop tarts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqDtVPP7j5k

These people need to be dragged before the Hague

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i should mention that i've never heard of this place before today. i'm assuming it's a recent tourist trap, but i'm not going to dignify it with research

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

i should mention that i've never heard of this place before today. i'm assuming it's a recent tourist trap, but i'm not going to dignify it with research

It's a pretty old tourist trap. It's at least 20+ years old.

The food is apparently pretty good, but you are getting reamed and overcharged for the "experience."

$30 drinks, $25 appetizer salads, $165 for the mac and cheese, $76 for the BBQ chicken, $339 for the steak.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

It's not Ireland, but Biden is back in the U.K., so there is a fun continuation of my favorite global political sub-plot: Ireland approves of Joe Biden almost 3x as much as Americans and Northern Irish/Tories think Biden is a frothing Irish nationalist out to disrespect and destroy the U.K.

(The slight is that he is walking in front of the King and everyone, including the Queen, is banned from walking in front of him.)

https://twitter.com/opinonhaver/status/1678479548864937984

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

I ate at a toilet curry restaurant, it was fine

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

I pray this never makes it over into American law.

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1677306505979125761

Verbal Farm sales contracts are wild. Verbal agreements over a steak dinner is the common story. It actually happens.

What are the terms of sale for an agreement like that nobody knows! It’s loads of fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021