Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Looks interesting! :justpost:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Underneath he has a velvet, yummy tummy you wish you could just stroke and squish all day! Ahh! But on top... On top it's a whole different story... On top he is a scary stiff stabber!

Quackles posted:

Looks interesting! :justpost:

What this person said!

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Similar to the Skippy situation, it looks like The Dark Id's YT channel got nuked at some point. Is there any known archive of it? It's not a catastrophic loss considering he mostly made screenshot LPs, but it's still a huge loss. :(

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Yeah, IIRC Squenix turbofucked his account by copyright-striking all of the Drakengard videos simultaneously, which nuked his account because if you get a certain number of strikes in a short period YT auto-deletes your account. I don't know if there are any alternatives to the now nonfunctional YT links in the LPs, but none of the ones I checked on the Archive had the Internet Archive banner, so it's not super likely anything exists.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Wow that's some bullshit

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
It will just not be the same not watching the Chrono Cross Rock Opera next time I reread that LP. :smith:

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax
First NFTs, now nuking TDI, those bastards :argh:

DarkLich
Feb 19, 2004
Any interest in a Parkitect LP? Probably screenshots, with the occasional track ride video tour.

For those unacquainted, it's an amusement park management sim from 2018. Very similar to the rollercoaster tycoon games of old, but with mechanics for guests desiring immersion - aka, a bunch of decor for rides and shops, to hide their underlying services.

As for the theme of the park, it'll be focused on different forms of the apocalypse. Doom without the gloom! Sections of the park will be dedicated to the various ways the world ends - alien invasion, climate change, biblical Armageddon, etc. I'll figure out different ways to theme architecture and ride designs to each topic - while also staying educational!

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

JordanKai posted:

[*]Don't post an interest check. If you don't know what that is, read this whole post.

C'mon now

The answer to any "is anybody interested in" questions is, as always, ":justpost:"

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
:justpost: and if no one is interested, there is no penalty for abandoning a thread. Hell, if you don't have a 2 to 1 ratio of abandoned to completed threads what are you even doing with your life?

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

Leal posted:

:justpost: and if no one is interested, there is no penalty for abandoning a thread. Hell, if you don't have a 2 to 1 ratio of abandoned to completed threads what are you even doing with your life?

Abandoning threads to meet the threshold.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Leal posted:

only writing one thread

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Leal posted:

Not giving up my sweet, sweet 100% completion rate.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

Leal posted:

I ask myself that question every day. :negative:

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Leal posted:

Making the game I was supposed to LP.

DarkLich
Feb 19, 2004

Danaru posted:

C'mon now

The answer to any "is anybody interested in" questions is, as always, ":justpost:"

gosh you're right. to atone, I have posted a thread

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Leal posted:

Knowing that some people would love for me to go away is what spitefully makes me insist on full completion of every LP project I start.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

DarkLich posted:

gosh you're right. to atone, I have posted a thread

:haibrower:

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Leal posted:

I have an infinity ratio because I've never completed a thread, here or elsewhere

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

theshim posted:

I have an infinity ratio because I've never completed a thread, here or elsewhere

My only claim is finishing someone else's thread, never started one of my own. I think that makes me an over-achiever here.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Leal posted:

Waiting for someone to post another LP Megathread for me to post in.

Quackles posted:

Making the game I was supposed to LP.

I find this fact makes it one of the best LPs I've ever read, even if I do have to wait months between new posts. :allears:

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Leal posted:

Finishing what I start even if it makes me hate myself.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Leal posted:

Hell, if you don't have a 2 to 1 ratio of abandoned to completed threads what are you even doing with your life?

Going by projects I thought about and then gave up on because I'm bad at coming up with commentary and other reasons I'm at like 5 to 3 or something.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
I have finished all my LPs somehow. One of them took a year to complete.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Underneath he has a velvet, yummy tummy you wish you could just stroke and squish all day! Ahh! But on top... On top it's a whole different story... On top he is a scary stiff stabber!
I've abandoned two LP's so far, some may say that's far too few.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
i abandoned two... but then i have come back and almost finished one. which means i only need to come back and finish the other to be IGgy's equal

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I have been LPing Persona 5 Royal for three years.

I am like halfway done.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
I have no idea how much longer Library of Ruina is going to take, but I must sincerely accept that it might be done before the next big Project Moon game comes out, meaning I will be at a loss for what to do with my time.

Maybe I'll write something original idk.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

TeeQueue posted:

I have no idea how much longer Library of Ruina is going to take, but I must sincerely accept that it might be done before the next big Project Moon game comes out, meaning I will be at a loss for what to do with my time.

Maybe I'll write something original idk.

there's always the gacha game :getin:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
You can finish a LP!?

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
I tried abandoning an LP once.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Mega64 posted:

You can finish a LP!?

when you gonna finish SimAnt!?

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

Sally posted:

when you gonna finish SimAnt!?

Excuse me, he finished that one, weirdly enough. I just happened to remind myself it even existed recently.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Leraika posted:

there's always the gacha game :getin:

I'm not LPing a live service game. :colbert:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Every time I tried abandoning an LP it roped me back in. I can’t escape.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

TeeQueue posted:

I'm not LPing a live service game. :colbert:

This is a big part of why when I LP'd an MMO, I identified a clear point to end the LP rather than making an open-ended commitment.

I have finished every LP I've started to date, but that experience thoroughly disabused me of every LPing another game when I'm not feeling confident that the game's received all the DLC it ever will.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Arist posted:

I have been LPing Persona 5 Royal for three years.

I am like halfway done.

Wait, you're still LPing Royal?!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Quackles posted:

Wait, you're still LPing Royal?!

In fairness, I started Disco Elysium, worked on that for a bit, then started P5R in the middle of that one, finished DE, then started 13 Sentinels and finished it while also working on P5R the whole time.

Also, I'm doing a lot more work on Royal than I did for the original.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

The only LP I've "abandoned" is one nobody will miss because of how dire of a game it was. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Mix. posted:

The only LP I've "abandoned" is one nobody will miss because of how dire of a game it was. :v:

That one was abandoned by mutual consent, I'm pretty sure.