Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
You guys know you can 'teach' Chat GPT the rules of MidJourney, right, and then go "give me a prompt for a cool car from the 1970s" and it will correctly format one for you? Including aspect ratios?

You say something like "here are the rules for generating a prompt with midjourney, I will give you the instructions, reply with 'ok' if you understand the instructions after each post. You then dump chunks of the rules (last time I did it it was three total drops) and it goes "ok" and then after that you go "give me a cool prompt involving a bubblegum emperor underwater" or whatever and it will give you a big fat slab of poo poo to post, and it works.

The issue it does have is it gets extremely wordy but having more words isn't exactly bad, just more useless than anything. You have to do the teaching step though, just flat out asking for a prompt doesn't work because as mentioned it doesn't know what the heck you are asking. Teach it first, and it knows. A peek into recursive AIs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

w00tmonger posted:

I mean you've just described my job as a software developer or when I worked in IT helpdesk

sure programmers like to use google and stack a lot but if your job is as simple as using these ai image generators congratulations on not having to do any real work i guess

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yeah, but then it only knows as much as you know. I think people who want that are more looking for a way to create images better than they currently can by themselves using all the advanced tips and techniques.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

KakerMix posted:

You guys know you can 'teach' Chat GPT the rules of MidJourney, right, and then go "give me a prompt for a cool car from the 1970s" and it will correctly format one for you? Including aspect ratios?

You say something like "here are the rules for generating a prompt with midjourney, I will give you the instructions, reply with 'ok' if you understand the instructions after each post. You then dump chunks of the rules (last time I did it it was three total drops) and it goes "ok" and then after that you go "give me a cool prompt involving a bubblegum emperor underwater" or whatever and it will give you a big fat slab of poo poo to post, and it works.

The issue it does have is it gets extremely wordy but having more words isn't exactly bad, just more useless than anything. You have to do the teaching step though, just flat out asking for a prompt doesn't work because as mentioned it doesn't know what the heck you are asking. Teach it first, and it knows. A peek into recursive AIs.

i avoid this by just having it describe an image. i still put in any flags or whatever after myself. you can also tell it to use no more than x number of words if you don't want it to get too wordy.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

mediaphage posted:

i avoid this by just having it describe an image. i still put in any flags or whatever after myself. you can also tell it to use no more than x number of words if you don't want it to get too wordy.

It's been a bit since I've messed with Chat GPT if only because the open source side of text LLMs is wild and exploding to such a degree that Chat GPT isn't that impressive anymore. It's kind of like the MidJourney of LLMs. Powerful and good, but expensive and restrictive. I didn't even think to just...tell it to use less words.

Speaking of MidJourney, I get a ton of mileage out of the describe command. Earlier when Ogdred Weary posted their incredible 32:10 images I took one, slapped it into MidJourney with /describe

From there I slap "imagine all"

It's great because you always get the same vibe, but MidJourney directly tells you its magic words. Mix and match, put more stuff in and see what comes out!

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
built myself a new pc and decided to give stable diffusion another shot. I didn't realize that it was so dependent on nvidia, which sucks because i bought a radeon 7900xt. turns out there's a fork of stable diffusion webui that uses direct ml, only downside is it eventually will tell me i've run out of video memory if I create enough images in a row. dunno if anyone has any advice to give on this that doesn't involve giving nvidia money.

anyway i've been amusing myself this past half hour generating images of a second chud uprising in washington dc

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Junk posted:

built myself a new pc and decided to give stable diffusion another shot. I didn't realize that it was so dependent on nvidia, which sucks because i bought a radeon 7900xt. turns out there's a fork of stable diffusion webui that uses direct ml, only downside is it eventually will tell me i've run out of video memory if I create enough images in a row. dunno if anyone has any advice to give on this that doesn't involve giving nvidia money.

Far as I know we simply wait
Hugging Face and AMD partner to give better options for creatives

I'm unsure if it'll benefit the previous gen rdna2 cards, but your new rdna3 7900 will absolutely.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Some fashion related ones...

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Sedgr I gotta say I always look forward to posts from you itt

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Thanks!

Sedgr fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Jul 10, 2023

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
code:
oil painting of biblically accurate hello kitty smiting the philistines

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Roman posted:

I also managed to make a vidoc for the lead character.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qN3VN_NvRvw
I just finished writing a one-hour pilot script for this series. This is after not writing anything for years and years. And I'm looking for other people to collaborate with.
None of that would have ever happened if I hadn't started playing with Midjourney in February 2023 and got to see what my characters and silly story ideas would actually look like if Hollywood spent money on them.
The idea that I shouldn't bother creating because my ideas weren't "worthy" seemed pretty dumb after that.

hydroceramics
Jan 8, 2014
The opposite of entropy:

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Are there any image generators that allow verbatim text to be inserted? As a caption, speech bubble, anything.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I think there's a lora that can do accurate text, but I've only ever seen it do words, not sentences. For individual letters, I've found that Photoshop/Firefly works pretty well. Selecting a letter and replacing it with a different letter works surprisingly well

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

ExtraNoise
Apr 11, 2007

Roman posted:

I just finished writing a one-hour pilot script for this series. This is after not writing anything for years and years. And I'm looking for other people to collaborate with.
None of that would have ever happened if I hadn't started playing with Midjourney in February 2023 and got to see what my characters and silly story ideas would actually look like if Hollywood spent money on them.
The idea that I shouldn't bother creating because my ideas weren't "worthy" seemed pretty dumb after that.

As a fellow amateur screenwriter, I LOVE this idea and would be super curious to know some of the prompts you used. Did you include camera angles and film types? Really interested to know more about your process. I would really like to bring some of my scripts to life.

Spoke Lee
Dec 31, 2004

chairizard lol
What would I need to make one of those warping music videos? I'm working on a radio drama style podcast and we want to upload episodes to youtube and we want to have something besides a logo or graphic eq.

It's been months since I used stable diffusion and these things move so fast getting caught up feels daunting. Last I looked at was Deformer, I think. Has it gotten more streamlined, or is there something newer people are using?

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

ExtraNoise posted:

As a fellow amateur screenwriter, I LOVE this idea and would be super curious to know some of the prompts you used. Did you include camera angles and film types? Really interested to know more about your process. I would really like to bring some of my scripts to life.
The most basic thing I do is "cast" an actor who the AI can reproduce somewhat consistently. But even that's not super important. You can just use InsightFace Swap to either put an accurate celeb face on them, or do what I do: Find an AI face you like and just deepfake that one on everything. I touch them up with putting a little blur on the face and and grain on the entire pic in Photoshop, which gives them the appearance of magazine scans.
Like these two were supposed to be Zoey Deutch and Elijah Wood. But I just made these "inaccurate" faces their defaults I use on all their pics. (I also used a google gift card to buy a year's sub of FaceApp, which is great for adding smiles, hair, and glasses when needed.)
You can see more of the deepfaked pics at https://www.tumblr.com/anomalyztheseries

I actually want to try to deepfake those faces onto real actors for a teaser video.
Note that it's usually not that easy to get multiple distinct actors in the same pic. It works for that pic because it's a man and a woman, but even then it tried to make them look alike and still needed deepfaking. For my project with two female leads (one white and one Indian) I have to photoshop them from two pics into one. (I find ClipDrop ReLight good for that stuff, when lighting on both characters needs to be consistent.)

That is less of a problem if your characters are twins or siblings. Just use the same actress, like "Chloe Grace Moretz who is wearing black armor and is walking next to Chloe Grace Moretz who is wearing an ornate robe." You'll have to sort through some weird ones where it will stick the other one in the background or facing away from the camera, but the good ones are worth the trouble.

For "screengrabs," 16:9 aspect ratio is a must, or 4:3 if you're going for an old movie or show vibe.
You can also preface stuff with things like "1990s dvd screengrab" or "2002 magazine scan" to give them different looks. (Note that those sometimes can have unintended affects, like when "1990s vhs cover art" made elijah wood a kid like he was in the 90s, instead of an adult.) "In the style of" is good too. You can try directors, or even TV shows (I used "Mr. Robot" a bunch of times on one).
Here's two promo stills of my one character, prefaced with "2002 magazine scan" and the other "In the style of Paul Thomas Anderson".

Also you can use drawings and storyboards in prompts, which works in Midjourney and Adobe Generative Fill. This is also cool because it's AI making storyboard artists MORE valuable, not less.

Here's a video talking about camera angles and other prompts you can use. It's for Midjourney but you can adapt it to other stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ng_GmJy_F8c

Roman fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Jul 12, 2023

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

Roman you should train a lora on your movie's style and use a controlnet. You can even train a lora based on a specific film stock, then invoke that in your prompt to achieve the look. You can also use a lora of an actor, then feed your previous generations into img2img and controlnet depthmap, and replace the person with inpainting

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

KinkyJohn posted:

Roman you should train a lora on your movie's style and use a controlnet. You can even train a lora based on a specific film stock, then invoke that in your prompt to achieve the look. You can also use a lora of an actor, then feed your previous generations into img2img and controlnet depthmap, and replace the person with inpainting

Switching over from MJ to SD and all that is something I think about, but I'm not sure if I'll ever get to actually doing it. AI art is not the creative endpoint for me. I'm much more interested in what AI video can do once the fidelity and control gets better. Pika Labs has been doing some cool stuff that looks better than the RunwayML stuff I've been playing with.

https://twitter.com/mrjonfinger/status/1678477850591268864
https://twitter.com/mrjonfinger/status/1678802726174752768
https://twitter.com/thedorbrothers/status/1678961727252078592

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

I had a strange dream last night about my boss having mice for fingers and waggling them back and forth and not realizing they were now mice instead of fingers and I attempted to recreate this weirdness.

Bing had the best luck Stable Diffusion over 6 models just gave me people holding mice or mice with human hands. I mean it's still way off but after playing a bit I got some fun art out of attempting to build it.

no fingers, rodent lighting, mouse shader

no fingers all mice

no fingers, mouse lighting, mouse shader

no fingers, rodent lighting, tough guy, disapproval, disheveled shader

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Yeah that seems tough. I generated a hand and then inpainted the mice. It sort of works but ymmv.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Hey, does anybody remember margarita machines?

Clarence
May 3, 2012

The Sausages posted:

What sets Stable Diffusion apart is that 1. it's been open sourced and 2. it runs on consumer hardware. Stable Diffusion is incredibly powerful and also dogshit if not configured properly. If you like solving convoluted word and logic puzzles you'll love it. You can run versions of it locally if you have an nvidia GPU with at least 4gb of VRAM, or a m1/m2 Mac. The most popular implementation of it is the Automatic1111 webui, this windows installer worked for me. It has a ton of extensions available that extend utility so it's become something of a swiss army knife of AI artgen, including doing txt2vid and video filters. There are other implementations of Stable Diffusion such as ComfyUI, and there's even Draw Things for iOS, which will run on an iphone 11 or better. As in, run locally with your own choice of models, loras etc. whereas most apps just connect you to someone else's cloud computer running SD.

I managed to get Automatic1111 installed and seemingly working. It kept erroring while generating but an addition to the command line seemed to fix that. It was producing rubbish (I don't think cats are it's thing) but I took an example prompt from Bing - "peaceful adobe building in the desert surrounded by cacti, summer sunrise" and it was surprisingly good.

But now it just produces solid black images every time and I've no idea what I've done to it. Anybody seen this sort of behaviour before?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Mescal posted:

Like this old Craghorn No.7, I saw in Belize?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Clarence posted:

But now it just produces solid black images every time and I've no idea what I've done to it. Anybody seen this sort of behaviour before?

Maybe close it (go to the command window and press control c a few times maybe type y and press enter if it asks to confirm) And reopen it. That or maybe you are in the img2img tab and have inpainting with no mask and no image so it has nothing to work with?

Sometimes it just breaks (Usually when trying fancy addons and exceeding your VRAM causing a crash in a weird spot) restarting fixes that. If it is VRAM xformers will help reduce that usage but it also requires a few more steps(it's also a speed boost). 8GB should be perfect for up to 768x768 with just about any public SD based model even without Xformers. It's the addons and upscaling that are going to demand more.

Maybe restarting the computer will help too.

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Like this old Craghorn No.7, I saw in Belize?

That looks like it could hit a solid 8 MPM

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Mescal posted:

who could forget these classic goon setups?

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

AARD VARKMAN posted:

who could forget these classic goon setups?

lmao gently caress i want all those

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Anyone using SDXL v.09 know if you can set seeds to reset after every image? It's either increment decrement, never, or random, but only when you hit queue. So if you queue 3 images it'll use the seed from the last queue click, and if you do batches it does them all by the same seed since it's the same "job".

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

A drink mixer that dwarfs mountains.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Anyone using SDXL v.09 know if you can set seeds to reset after every image? It's either increment decrement, never, or random, but only when you hit queue. So if you queue 3 images it'll use the seed from the last queue click, and if you do batches it does them all by the same seed since it's the same "job".

What if you put -1 in for the seed? - pure guess based on how most things handle seeds.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

pixaal posted:

What if you put -1 in for the seed? - pure guess based on how most things handle seeds.

Unfortunately, it won't accept that as a valid value. Minimum is 0, and choosing 0 just makes it choose an initial seed and the issue persists

repugnant
Jun 29, 2005

You can only think of me.

Have any of you come across Stable Diffusion interfaces that are good? I've been using the automatic1111 web interface since forever, and it's terrible but I learned to live with it. The biggest problem I have is that there's no concept of "projects", or undo/redo, so if I get something I like and tweak it a whole bunch, and my computer shuts down (intentionally or otherwise), it's difficult to get back to what I was working on.

Like, using the PNG info helps, but for example it doesn't save all the ControlNet input images, so I have to set all that up again.

Interfaces I tried:
  • Automatic1111 and the Vlad's fork - messy but has all the features.
  • Enfugue - new and promising, but doesn't really improve on the parts I struggled with.
  • EasyDiffusion - A little too basic.
  • The Krita plugin - Tried it months ago and it kinda worked okay but was somehow less intuitive than automatic1111.

What I'd like is something like Affinity Photo or even GIMP that can save every aspect of a stable diffusion configuration (except the models I guess :)). I've heard good things about Photoshop's stuff but I don't want to pay for it (used to but came to resent it).

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Clarence posted:

Try ---noxformers in the command line.

KwegiboHB
Feb 2, 2004

nonconformist art brut
Negative prompt: amenable, compliant, docile, law-abiding, lawful, legal, legitimate, obedient, orderly, submissive, tractable
Steps: 32, Sampler: DPM++ 2M Karras, CFG scale: 11, Seed: 520244594, Size: 512x512, Model hash: 99fd5c4b6f, Model: seekArtMEGA_mega20

Clarence posted:

What kind of graphics card do you have? If it doesn't support 16 bit precision you will only generate solid black or green squares. The --no-half and --no-half-vae command lines should fix it.

repugnant posted:

Have any of you come across Stable Diffusion interfaces that are good?

https://github.com/space-nuko/ComfyBox Comfybox for ComfyUI may or may not be what you're looking for. You can save the workflows you create and reuse them. Download from others and share them as well. I think I'll end up using this myself when I get my new computer up and running.

SARS-Cordyceps
May 15, 2022

by vyelkin
Wow, I'm having trouble telling the real margarita mixers apart from the AI ones.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

Mescal posted:

That thread was the one that convinced me to :10bux: , all time great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Comfyui is what I found to use with the leaked sdxl. Took a second but figuring out how to spawn and connect things wasn't bad. I downloaded someone's workflow but they didn't have the upscaler doing anything, so I figured out how to spawn the upscaler and it works at least.

Apparently the SD team wants to have an automatic1111 version ready by or shortly after release, for the people more comfortable with that.