Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Yea, was referring to Flash. I did dig the updated batwing design though. I was mad they didn't do a shot of it like in the 89 movie where it went way up above the clouds and turned the full moon into a bat signal, and then dropped and started wrecking poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Yea, was referring to Flash. I did dig the updated batwing design though. I was mad they didn't do a shot of it like in the 89 movie where it went way up above the clouds and turned the full moon into a bat signal, and then dropped and started wrecking poo poo.

They did this shot

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
The classic Avengers are almost complete. Now we need an old school Wasp.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I honestly don't remember the shot. Doesn't really surprise me though, side u don't really remember much about the movie. I did dig seeing Keaton's batarang actually being used like in the comics.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Joe Fisto posted:

I don’t need to start another team. I don’t need to start another team.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Currently the Dragonfly has 14,887 Backers, it needs to hit 16,000 to unlock the second figure which is Glenda. In the Hiss stretch goals 16,000 was the highest needed goal to unlock everything. For Dragonfly it's 19,000. There are nine days left, if they're smart they'll reveal the tier 3 figure Monday at the latest. Help get people excited and ordering more. The theory is it's going to be a Hawk figure, but no one really knows. There is always the possibility that the third figure might actually be disappointing. Who can say for now.

According to a latest hasbropulse chat one of the people involved with all this said the Hiss would be out in October. Only the other person seemed to be somewhat doubtful of that.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I'm sure the final days surge will reach Glenda but they'd have to announce something truly special to reach the final unlock and I can't imagine what could do it. They're not going to put the most popular version of Hawk (or any non-vehicle driver) out of reach in a Haslab, it's going to be something niche, probably some lameass special team/garish post 89 variant. There was a Hawk that had a hideous green and orange outfit and jetpack or some such nonsense but again, few will care about it to take the plunge if they haven't already.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Checked 4 Targets in this area, Jack poo poo other than the Club Obi Wan Indy. No map room, no turtles. :smith:

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Sentinel Red posted:

I'm sure the final days surge will reach Glenda but they'd have to announce something truly special to reach the final unlock and I can't imagine what could do it. They're not going to put the most popular version of Hawk (or any non-vehicle driver) out of reach in a Haslab, it's going to be something niche, probably some lameass special team/garish post 89 variant. There was a Hawk that had a hideous green and orange outfit and jetpack or some such nonsense but again, few will care about it to take the plunge if they haven't already.

One theory is it'll be the other guy that had his name on the original Dragonfly, you could see him on the box.

Can't see him appealing to anyone but the die hards.

The Last Call fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Jul 9, 2023

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Snacksmaniac posted:

I don’t need to start another team. I don’t need to start another team.

You sure about that?

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I’m holding strong (maybe I’ll get them).

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Joe Fisto posted:

I’d get a Heroclix one and call it done.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Djarum posted:

I’d get a Heroclix one and call it done.

4 dollars on ebay? Sold!

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

https://twitter.com/joefisto/status/1678070469856227331?s=46&t=2Vl5mZOAuXyv2LbW1v-6cQ

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I grabbed the Indy and a spare if someone is desperate.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

This badass showed up yesterday.

They included this little spur on his heel to mimick the ram feature trigger the OG toy had. Mattel are killing it with these New Eternia figures.

I also didn't realize there would be a rubber overlay on the legs to hide the articulation. Kudos.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Finally but I’m broke now lol. Still might tho

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

I need the Map Room Indy, which is impossible to find.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Fuzz posted:

I haven't seen that one. I did see a Temple Indy, but Short Round was already gone. I have the retro SR, but I need the regular one too.

It's almost repaint time.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Superman and a Ninja Turtle came in today

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Fuzz posted:

I don’t think Map Room Indy has hit the States yet because he’s a retailer exclusive. You can find him on eBay for $40–$50 but they’re all listings in China, Taiwan, Malaysia, etc.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I don’t think Map Room Indy has hit the States yet because he’s a retailer exclusive. You can find him on eBay for $40–$50 but they’re all listings in China, Taiwan, Malaysia, etc.

Hopefully true!

I had heard from some people online that he had come out quietly in February without any mention, and basically all the YouTubers have him.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Had some absolutely wild Walmart clearance for once.
40th anniversary Roton for $6
Marvel legends eternals Ajax for a drat dollar

Black suit Superman for five.

Checked four more Walmarts and no one else had anything close. The clearance collector strikes again!
So it looks like Salma Hayek will be rolling around in Roton fighting Superman.

Snacksmaniac fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Jul 10, 2023

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

I got Super 7 Ultimates Godzilla and I thought that would be of interest to some of you:

I love him. He is enormous, beefy, heavy and about as poseable as you'd think (not very), although the tail, neck and arms are pretty decent. The jaw is not articulated but it comes with a roaring head that also looks great. He also comes with a few hand options and the vines Biollante wraps around his neck. I've never owned a Monsterarts so I don't know how it stacks up but the NECA 60s Godzilla vs Kong Godzilla I have goes up to his shoulder and has fairly similar articulation. Godzilla vs Biollante is my favorite big G design and this captures it perfectly.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Fuzz posted:

Hopefully true!

I had heard from some people online that he had come out quietly in February without any mention, and basically all the YouTubers have him.

You could be right, the news for this line is just all over the place.

Map Room Indy was very briefly advertised by Target and then taken down like two weeks ago, so people were speculating they’d jumped the gun on an official announcement but then that never came. A Mola Ram was mentioned at one point but Hasbro’s been radio silent ever since.

And now YakFace is implying the whole line is dead once they’ve shipped the Crusade wave and brought the total number of figures to 25. Super disappointing :smith:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Indy has never been that popular. As cool as it is to get everyone the characters really can’t carry the line.

Plus you can’t even find the main character at retail. So I’d imagine most people won’t bother.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

They're not good toys. A guy in a suit. A guy in slacks. A different guy in a suit. With accessories such as: a book, a closed umbrella, a briefcase

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
They’re good toys for me because that’s exactly the kind of poo poo I want. Soldiers and spacemen are a dime a dozen, give me archaeologists and college deans any day.

I just want a Roy Chiao action figure goddamnit :argh:

loving GI Joe and He-Man have enough figures in their respective lines that you could build literal houses with them, but I can’t even get the full main cast of three of the biggest action-adventure movies of the 80s.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Yeah they’re well made and I love the characters. I bought everyone in the 4 inch line too. But that line was a bust and they made the same mistake.

Kick out the visually interesting people first, maybe use pack ins for the less so.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
They’re pretty good toys but not very compelling and would be better served as 3-packs to move the less desirable characters, though that’d end quick since most people ultimately want like, two characters.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

As annoying as it is make the boring characters online exclusives. Maybe not in annoyingly limited quantities but something a little smaller than mass market. There’s an audience for Indy but it’s smaller than Star Wars.

Like I said they did this same poo poo back in 2008. I ended up snagging so many German soldiers and all the extra characters for like 4 bucks or something at Walmart like a few months after crystal skull came out

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

They keep doing the same poo poo with Indiana Jones and expecting different results, and it's a little baffling.

This line was particularly poorly handled in terms of character selection and distribution. The "deluxe" Indy with the altar from the opening of Raiders should have been blasted out in full cases to every retailer, and the rest of the line could have coasted off the universal availability of that. The "build an artifact" concept is terrible, and the execution makes it worse. The idea of doing even case packs with one of each character is insanely bad. They're pitting casual shoppers, who will only ever buy one character or possibly two, against people who would be interested in having the full line, in a fight over the main character.

I've talked about all this before but I still can't believe how bad they loving blew it. Indiana Jones was already an extremely hard sell as a toy line, and they managed to approach it in a way that made it ten times harder. I guess Indiana Jones is a hard sell in general, cause the new movie is bombing all to hell.

I'm going to be mad if they never make Mola Ram though, that's the most visually interesting guy in the franchise and deserves a good toy.

If these guys get cheap enough I might buy them all just for the hell of it... a fun little curiosity I can puzzle over when I occasionally unearth the storage bin.

I checked Amazon earlier out of curiosity to see if the prices had dropped yet on any of those guys. No... but they DID sell out of regular Indiana Jones. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

That makes no sense to me at all.

https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/severancemdr.gif
I got the Raiders Indy and stopped, although I'd get a Short Round if I saw him, the others are just not something I'd collect for anything but fodder.

They should be leaning towards the Collectors for this kind of "Popular character but can't carry their own line", maybe a Disney owned character version of Movie Maniacs type deal with multiple heads, arms, accessories and the like.

Just a quick run through of D+ could give us

Indiana Jones
The Rocketeer
Alien
Predator
Buffy
Die Hard
The X-Files

(I just want a really nice, affordable, 6 inch scale Rocketeer)

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
drat, Amazon had ML Spider-Punk for regular price a couple of days ago and now they’ve sold out. Now everywhere else is ridiculously priced or just sold out too. :doh:

My one bright hope is that Entertainment Earth has a preorder for October, which I’m going to assume is part of a whole reissue of the wave.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

BooDooBoo posted:

Well, was gonna suggest this

https://www.executivereplicas.com/product-page/the-rocketeer-6in-action-figure-pre-order

But the price got all jacked up and he's sold out now.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

robot roll call posted:

I got Super 7 Ultimates Godzilla and I thought that would be of interest to some of you:

I love him. He is enormous, beefy, heavy and about as poseable as you'd think (not very), although the tail, neck and arms are pretty decent. The jaw is not articulated but it comes with a roaring head that also looks great. He also comes with a few hand options and the vines Biollante wraps around his neck. I've never owned a Monsterarts so I don't know how it stacks up but the NECA 60s Godzilla vs Kong Godzilla I have goes up to his shoulder and has fairly similar articulation. Godzilla vs Biollante is my favorite big G design and this captures it perfectly.

You're the first person I've seen report getting this. I was wondering when it was due.

Happy to see yours avoided any Super7 quality issues. I'm so on the fence with this range.

All the villains and melting Zilla are great looking, but I need in-hand reviews to convince me.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
”X-Men! Welcome to DIE.”

Yeah, he’s just as great as everyone says.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

BooDooBoo posted:

I got the Raiders Indy and stopped, although I'd get a Short Round if I saw him, the others are just not something I'd collect for anything but fodder.

They should be leaning towards the Collectors for this kind of "Popular character but can't carry their own line", maybe a Disney owned character version of Movie Maniacs type deal with multiple heads, arms, accessories and the like.

Just a quick run through of D+ could give us

Indiana Jones
The Rocketeer
Alien
Predator
Buffy
Die Hard
The X-Files

Alien and Predator can and are currently carrying at least two toy lines

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Absolutely wild to think Aliens and Predators can't carry their own toy lines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

PriorMarcus posted:

You're the first person I've seen report getting this. I was wondering when it was due.

Happy to see yours avoided any Super7 quality issues. I'm so on the fence with this range.

All the villains and melting Zilla are great looking, but I need in-hand reviews to convince me.

I’ve got G and Biollante arriving tomorrow and I’m honestly kinda dreading it, given how awful and broken their 2001 Ultimates were.