Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

MJeff posted:

I dunno what to tell you, there's a lot of places for unironic discussion of unironic enjoyment of WWE, the "Ringtime for Hitler" thread probably ain't it.

The WWE thread on the wrestling subforum isn't the place to discuss WWE without endless shitposts from people who don't watch?

Nobody wants an only positive thread or anything. Just more funny posts like "Ringtime for Hitler" and actual discussion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

What’s there to discuss? How cool Roman Reigns is?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

the smackdown GDT this week got 6 posts from 2 people which is effectively a DM if we want to narrow it down to people who actually watch the product

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Sorry I was on vacation, didn't watch and couldn't add my normal 3 posts. My apologies

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

Codependent Poster posted:

Nobody wants an only positive thread or anything

Just FYI, whenever someone says things like this on this subforum, it is in fact what they actually do want

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

The WWE thread on the wrestling subforum isn't the place to discuss WWE without endless shitposts from people who don't watch?

that's actually completely correct and not considered a problem on this forum. The people who like to discuss wwe's stories and matches are forced to skim all the garbage thoughts that don't make any sense in order to find and hear from fellow wwe enthusiasts.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Yeah you got it.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

fed stans finding out that they're surrounded by the virtuous pwns imo. gonna cry???

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Just FYI, whenever someone says things like this on this subforum, it is in fact what they actually do want

Okay sure, I guess you can read my mind and tell me what I'm saying isn't actually what I'm saying.

It's much more fun to laugh and make fun of things, especially when they're not very good. That's what made the old TNA threads fun.

Invalid Validation posted:

What’s there to discuss? How cool Roman Reigns is?

Nah it's to discuss how cool LA Knight and Pretty Deadly are.

Codependent Poster fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Jul 10, 2023

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I think wrestling is the best when it's actually good, and then when it's funny that's a bonus

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

All I can say is that I have not enjoyed WWE since like 2004 and then spent like 10 years slowly realizing I hate watch it until finally stopping all together. Besides the television I don't enjoy the company is also evil. So now what more is there to say?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

I think wrestling is the best when it's actually good, and then when it's funny that's a bonus

This is why AEW is the best promotion right now. It's really good and it also has some incredibly funny things, both intentional and not.

But then WWE had the stuck Codyvator and rubber chicken and you know it will always have poo poo to laugh at.

Codependent Poster fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Jul 10, 2023

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

Okay sure, I guess you can read my mind and tell me what I'm saying isn't actually what I'm saying.

It's much more fun to laugh and make fun of things, especially when they're not very good. That's what made the old TNA threads fun.

So you want a thread where people can earnestly discuss how good things are in WWE, but you also want people to make fun of WWE because it's not very good, but you don't want people "shitposting" about WWE. I think that about covers it

E: oh almost forgot, you don't want people who don't actually watch WWE to talk about WWE

Sydney Bottocks fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Jul 10, 2023

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Luckily the website has the perfect forum for the experience in question, namely Post My Favorite, the solo thread subforum. Imagine it. Exactly the right number of posts, all having the correct amount of love for vince in them? A dream.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Sydney Bottocks posted:

So you want a thread where people can earnestly discuss how good things are in WWE, but you also want people to make fun of WWE because it's not very good, but you don't want people "shitposting" about WWE. I think that about covers it

E: oh almost forgot, you don't want people who don't actually watch WWE to talk about WWE

I want to be able to win things from watching.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Shard posted:

All I can say is that I have not enjoyed WWE since like 2004 and then spent like 10 years slowly realizing I hate watch it until finally stopping all together. Besides the television I don't enjoy the company is also evil. So now what more is there to say?

When I finally stopped watching WWE back around WM31 it felt like I'd been released from a forever mind prison. Highly recommend

Lol

Dick Swiveller
Mar 2, 2011

Am I mis-remembering or was there not an attempt at a good vibes only fed thread and it died in the arse because once you excise the context of its vile corporate culture, the monstrous perverts at the wheel, and its open contempt for professional wrestling, there is gently caress all to say about WWE?

Legitimately what are you supposed to discuss if not the blindingly obvious fact that the last few decades of the product have been identical: here is our guy. He wins a lot. Everybody else rotates along the edge of a weighted wheel, rocketing through the narrow window at the bottom of its circuit where the possibility that they might be relevant flashes like a camera bulb before dimming as they rejoin the throng of pitiable geeks. Also Brock is there, because every now and then the narrative system needs a stakes infusion to stop it from completely bottoming out and falling still. The titles fold and unfold and fold again through a small array of configurations as the tasteless and talentless dipshits who make this garbage try to suck the last crystals of salt from the bones of the past. There's no love for the artform here, it's just a little shadow play, some sleight of hand to rip off the idiots who pay to have it on their networks and the idiots who pay to watch it.

This whole putrescent edifice exists to enrich a rapist megalomaniac and his friends; pedophiles, abusers, racists and rapists themselves. It's only ignorance or apathy that can cause someone with a working mind to tolerate this poo poo. Or possibly a strong emotional investment in one or another individual wrestler, strong enough to override every other critical faculty. This is why they sign them and strap them to the wheel, after all.

It's beneath contempt. The only redeeming feature is that we get to come on here and laugh at it, or treat it like some curio in the back of an antiques shop from the far future, a dim orb through which we can observe the central lessons of the 21st Century: the powerful will never suffer meaningful consequences, capital has hollowed out the things that you once loved in the name of machinic profit systems, and the only way to tolerate the state of the world is through some combination of idiocy and insanity.

Ha! Ha! Otis is fat! The model faction think the fat man is hot! Ha! *i barf up my cheeseburger as my heart explodes and someone, somewhere, profits from it*

Dick Swiveller fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Jul 10, 2023

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

edogawa rando posted:

So who's going to fake their death for some reason?

Wasn't that TNA Mecca and not TNA Asylum?

Also, someone do some AEW lyrics set to All Star by Smash Mouth.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

WWE fans have the incredible ability to ignore all of the heinous poo poo Vince and WWE have done but lack the ability to ignore negative sentiment towards WWE.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

JUNGLE BOY posted:

WWE fans have the incredible ability to ignore all of the heinous poo poo Vince and WWE have done but lack the ability to ignore negative sentiment towards WWE.

Why would you assume they ignore it? They like it, and reward it with dollars.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Putreascent Edifice

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Hoss Corncave posted:

Wasn't that TNA Mecca and not TNA Asylum?

Also, someone do some AEW lyrics set to All Star by Smash Mouth.

Somebody once told me
that Excalibur and Tony
saw Jon Moxley and the BCC get the sharpest tools from the shed

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Too recognisably close to the original metre

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Sydney Bottocks posted:

When did I ever say it was to discuss good things? Just a discussion. Good and bad and funny, whatever. Anything is better than what it is now.

If I wanted some hugbox I'd go to reddit or something.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Genuinely what is there to discuss about the WWE product?

Like sure LA Knight is fun and sometimes they have good matches despite themselves but the entire company is a miasma of bad booking and making GBS threads on fan favorites.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

But then WWE had the stuck Codyvator and rubber chicken and you know it will always have poo poo to laugh at.

The Codyverse exists in its own dimension

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

When did I ever say it was to discuss good things? Just a discussion. Good and bad and funny, whatever. Anything is better than what it is now.

So what's the problem? This thread doesn't ban folks that say they liked something on a WWE show. Hell it wouldn't ban something for praising Vince - but it would allow other folks to disagree with sentiments like that. So it sounds like you actually already have what you want. Don't blame folks for not talking the way you want - if you wanna discuss something let's discuss it. But it sounds like that's already the state of things.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I’m just baffled people enjoy wwe beyond the bloodline angle. It seems like that’s the only coherent thing on the show and everything else is typical wwe poo poo.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Dick Swiveller posted:

Am I mis-remembering or was there not an attempt at a good vibes only fed thread and it died in the arse because once you excise the context of its vile corporate culture, the monstrous perverts at the wheel, and its open contempt for professional wrestling, there is gently caress all to say about WWE?

Legitimately what are you supposed to discuss if not the blindingly obvious fact that the last few decades of the product have been identical: here is our guy. He wins a lot. Everybody else rotates along the edge of a weighted wheel, rocketing through the narrow window at the bottom of its circuit where the possibility that they might be relevant flashes like a camera bulb before dimming as they rejoin the throng of pitiable geeks. Also Brock is there, because every now and then the narrative system needs a stakes infusion to stop it from completely bottoming out and falling still. The titles fold and unfold and fold again through a small array of configurations as the tasteless and talentless dipshits who make this garbage try to suck the last crystals of salt from the bones of the past. There's no love for the artform here, it's just a little shadow play, some sleight of hand to rip off the idiots who pay to have it on their networks and the idiots who pay to watch it.

This whole putrescent edifice exists to enrich a rapist megalomaniac and his friends; pedophiles, abusers, racists and rapists themselves. It's only ignorance or apathy that can cause someone with a working mind to tolerate this poo poo. Or possibly a strong emotional investment in one or another individual wrestler, strong enough to override every other critical faculty. This is why they sign them and strap them to the wheel, after all.

It's beneath contempt. The only redeeming feature is that we get to come on here and laugh at it, or treat it like some curio in the back of an antiques shop from the far future, a dim orb through which we can observe the central lessons of the 21st Century: the powerful will never suffer meaningful consequences, capital has hollowed out the things that you once loved in the name of machinic profit systems, and the only way to tolerate the state of the world is through some combination of idiocy and insanity.

Ha! Ha! Otis is fat! The model faction think the fat man is hot! Ha! *i barf up my cheeseburger as my heart explodes and someone, somewhere, profits from it*

On top of this, it sucks

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

When did I ever say it was to discuss good things?

lol at this forum being incapable of accepting that things they don't like can be good and enjoyed by others

This forum when a crowd enjoys a segment and it gets good ratings: "well actually nobody liked it and it wasn't good even though I didn't watch it but still post about it for some reason"

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Somebody once told me Tony was gonna blow me
And the Elite would all poo poo the bed
Kenny looking like a clog got bitten for a dog
Mox will bleed out all the way till he's dead

Well the rating's dropping and it don't stop dropping
The numbers in freefall your promotion is flopping
Booking's nonsense there's no sense of fun
Just for the smarks that is really dumb
Too much to learn, the history
So where's all the vid recaps for me?
I'll never know, won't have a go
I'll never try watching the show

But wow, you got five stars, Omega and Ospreay
But wow, though you're not stars, you're getting buy rates
Time to work up North instead
Only real stars in the Fed

It's a cold world but Eddie doesn't matter
He's bundled up now, but still he gets fatter
Here's the Young Bucks, time for another botch
Judging by the time, you could set your watch
Are they really pushing the Dark Order?
Nothing on Earth could make us more boreder
It's a trashfire, a poo poo parade
That's the way I like it, drinking Hayterade

Only real stars

Somebody once asked is Maxwell on the for gas?
He needs to get himself out of this place
He'll say, "Yup", bidding war
The biggest thing in twenty twenty four
You can have Cody back in exchange

Well the rating's dropping and it don't stop dropping
The numbers in freefall your promotion is flopping
Booking's nonsense there's no sense of fun
Just for the smarks that is really dumb
Too much to learn, the history
So where's all the vid recaps for me?
I'll never know, won't have a go
I'll never try watching the show

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
That took me 25 minutes

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Buddy this whole thing started because you were annoyed that we weren't acknowledging the tribal chief.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Shard posted:

So what's the problem? This thread doesn't ban folks that say they liked something on a WWE show. Hell it wouldn't ban something for praising Vince - but it would allow other folks to disagree with sentiments like that. So it sounds like you actually already have what you want. Don't blame folks for not talking the way you want - if you wanna discuss something let's discuss it. But it sounds like that's already the state of things.

I guess just less bad vibes. Like when I did try to talk about the last Bloodline segment, a few folks did earnestly engage in what was working, what wasn't, and what exactly they're trying to do and if it will work or not.

But this forum has had problems with toxicity and bad vibes for well over a year now so I guess that's just the new normal.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

But this forum has had problems with toxicity and bad vibes for well over a year now so I guess that's just the new normal.

principal-skinner-no-its-the-children.jpg

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

MJeff posted:

Buddy this whole thing started because you were annoyed that we weren't acknowledging the tribal chief.

Can we talk about how 'Acknowledge me!' is like, the lamest loving catchphrase? It's supposed to be demanding or whatever but it comes off as so incredibly whiny.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

"They like Sami, they like Kevin, one poster seems to LOVE the ugly neck tattoo man. What more do they want?”

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Even if you got your wish and a troll free WWE discussion thread existed here, I cannot imagine people would not just immediately start buying sauditars again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Gavok posted:

"They like Sami, they like Kevin, one poster seems to LOVE the ugly neck tattoo man. What more do they want?”

:laffo: