Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
search engine in the world!"
-- The GoogleProg

Google Jeb Bush posted:

no wait hang on, "the magic hellbus" isn't just a community name?

*watches mini-trailer*

oh dear

Yeah it is on the roadmap, official account's pinned tweet: The full title is

Project Moon posted:

Chapter 4.5 Event
The Magic Hellbus - Strange Seas Ahead! Embark on a Pelagic Journey! All Hands on Deck to Remodel the Bus!

So the current assumption has been that it's going to be a story about retrofitting Mephi to be seaworthy in time for Ishmael's chapter, along with event IDs and EGO / a subchapter similar to Hell's Chicken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
I can't believe the bus was a blackwagon all along. I can't wait for the Bertrude identity.

Lunatic 0verlord
Apr 9, 2022
Here's something topical:

Charon: Seat belts, everyone. Vroom vroom.

Dante: <Please let this be a normal mission.> (makes ticking noise)

Rodion: With the Red Gaze?

More Sinners: No way!

Dante: <Ooh!> (makes ringing mixed with boat siren)

Cruising on down the Back Streets
you're relaxed and feeling good

Yeah!

Next thing you know, you're seein'...

Charon: Wa-ha-ha-hoo.

An Abnormality in the neighborhood?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Lunatic 0verlord posted:

Here's something topical:

Charon: Seat belts, everyone. Vroom vroom.

Dante: <Please let this be a normal mission.> (makes ticking noise)

Rodion: With the Red Gaze?

More Sinners: No way!

Dante: <Ooh!> (makes ringing mixed with boat siren)

Cruising on down the Back Streets
you're relaxed and feeling good

Yeah!

Next thing you know, you're seein'...

Charon: Wa-ha-ha-hoo.

An Abnormality in the neighborhood?

:allears: :five:

AntQueen
Sep 28, 2021
That beach is looking way to bright and cheery for the City, can't wait to find out what new brand of Human Suffering Machine™ keeps it that way.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
You know I had a theory that the T Corp soldiers we fought in Yi Sang's dungeon were set-up for us fighting them later but given how colorful this is, plus Liu Ishmael's story mentioning that U Corp preservation box that Roland mentioned, we might be going to U Corp for Ishmael's chapter (and this event).

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Colours are not banned in T Corp as far as we know, they are stated to be a privilege, so it would actually be immensely in character for them to have this super colourful beach you have to pay to access so you can escape your drab-rear end sepia life. I don't think it's going to be T Corp though, but that's just because I think T Corp is going to be Heathcliff due to reasons of aggressive Britishness.

So yeah could also be U Corp keeping a Perfect Day On The Beach in stasis in case they ever need one, or something.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
I could see 4.5 being U, but I feel like 5 has to be outskirts. The trailer seems rather suggestive with the specific district being unnamed, so some people are guessing Z, unda the sea, but that might be a reach.

Ishmael specifically calls out spending large amounts of time in the outskirts in some of the abnormality logs so that seems likely for her, especially since the chapter 3 and 4 have also built up the outskirts a fair amount with Demian and The Tearful Thing.

I could see chapter 5 ending with the bus crash landing in T district. Would be a nice segue.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
No, 5 has to be bordering the ocean because it's Ishmael's chapter, and Ishmael's whole Deal is ocean-based.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Isn't the ocean part of the outskirts?

Also, the name is "Embark on a Pelagic Journey!" So chapter 5 shouldn't border the ocean, but exists within it to some degree.

LostRook fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Jul 9, 2023

Boksi
Jan 11, 2016
I don't think Lobotomy Corporation would build a branch facility in the outskirts. We might have to sail over to some island off the coast, or maybe find some underwater facility, but that's probably still going to be within the City.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

AntQueen posted:

That beach is looking way to bright and cheery for the City, can't wait to find out what new brand of Human Suffering Machine™ keeps it that way.

I'm guessing it's just a normal Wing. There are "nice" parts of the city that are still built on hyper-capitalist suffering but the residents/corps are rich enough to keep the psycho murderers and filthy poors out. Until someone even richer sells your town to nail-wielding lunatics but what are the chances of that happening

e:

Boksi posted:

I don't think Lobotomy Corporation would build a branch facility in the outskirts. We might have to sail over to some island off the coast, or maybe find some underwater facility, but that's probably still going to be within the City.

They might've had an outpost for catching hellbeasts

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Jul 9, 2023

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
this is courtesy of ruf, a friend from that Project Moon Miraheze wiki project I'm assisting with:

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Junpei posted:

this is courtesy of ruf, a friend from that Project Moon Miraheze wiki project I'm assisting with:

So what did the intern get fired out of? :v:

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Lobcorp might not have a proper branch on the outskirts, but the early days did have a facility out there*. I think, been a while.
Probably long gone well before the branches all got sealed, or at minimum picked clean by scavengers.

*There being 'somewhere in the outskirts'. Where exactly, or even which direction from the city? :shrug:

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

Arcanuse posted:

Lobcorp might not have a proper branch on the outskirts, but the early days did have a facility out there*. I think, been a while.
Probably long gone well before the branches all got sealed, or at minimum picked clean by scavengers.

*There being 'somewhere in the outskirts'. Where exactly, or even which direction from the city? :shrug:

There was a facility, it was the place Binah murdered everyone at.

They weren't Lobcorp at the time, though. :v:

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

TeeQueue posted:

There was a facility, it was the place Binah murdered everyone at.

They weren't Lobcorp at the time, though. :v:
We also got to see how it's going in Ruina!

It's completely dilapadated and monsters and squatters have moved in. Oh yeah, and the Blue Sicko and co showed up and killed everyone inside.

RandomReader
Nov 17, 2021

Boksi posted:

Just because the branch facility probably isn't in the outskirts doesn't mean we won't still need to go to the outskirts. We were done with the branch facility a little more than third through canto 4, but we still had to schlep all the way to the top of k corp to get our hands on the Branch and enter the dungeon.

Arcanuse posted:

Given we don't really know anything about the Golden Branches, I can't really say it doesn't make sense for the original lab to have a golden branch left over, but it definitely feels wrong to go to the main outpost pre-Wing for a Golden Branch. Beyond that, we saw out the window in Ruina and saw a lot of land, and people were just loitering in the building, so I doubt the original lab was on some island out at sea. On the other hand, Tiphereth's flashbacks were on the waterfront, so good chance it was on the coast.

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.
Of course the first time I bring the new Liu team into MD2, I get So That No One Will Cry as the final boss. Didn't stop me from burning it down in a couple of turns, though.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Verant posted:

Of course the first time I bring the new Liu team into MD2, I get So That No One Will Cry as the final boss. Didn't stop me from burning it down in a couple of turns, though.

finally pulled a burn gift as my opener so running Liu (plus chef ryoshu and treesang) and while they're going to be phenomenal in more than a few railway fights and probably at least one story dungeon, they don't really have the clash chops to be generically runnable in mirror hardmode I suspect

but if you get a good burn gift to start out, leaning into burn will take you a ways

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

TeeQueue posted:

I can't believe the bus was a blackwagon all along. I can't wait for the Bertrude identity.

a surprising number of sinners would enjoy wizard basketball imo

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Google Jeb Bush posted:

By the Scribes, we gather in their names
The Sinners bow to none before the flame
To gather golden trinkets is their aim
Else they rewind and have to try again
Who shall rise again?
The Gaze of Red is there to guide their path
He sees that none of them break their contracts
Uphold your duties or you'll see his wrath

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Google Jeb Bush posted:

sending Don Quixote out to the commonwealth first to really start the revolution off right

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1678304283647954946

Updates on Hard Mirror of Mirrors.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Anyone care to post the rest of the thread? I haven't been able to see replies on Twitter for a while now, probably because I don't have an account.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

• 200 Starting Cost, but 0 and 00 identities are free.
• Fixed location shops.
• Scaling floor buffs instead of the max starting floor 2.
• You get better rarity EGO gifts on floors 4 and 5.
• You can refuse an EGO gift.
• Fixed cost and chance of a gift per stage.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Quackles posted:

• 200 Starting Cost, but 0 and 00 identities are free.
• Fixed location shops.
• Scaling floor buffs instead of the max starting floor 2.
• You get better rarity EGO gifts on floors 4 and 5.
• You can refuse an EGO gift.
• Fixed cost and chance of a gift per stage.

everything else aside this is a total overhaul of my calculations and that's great

(also you get +100 starting cost from the upper right path which is the first path you should take, and +10 per fight which is just completely loving nuts)

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

i guess my generic team is treesang, rose rodya, and bunnycliff, fill in the egos later if i feel like it - sunshower's obviously top priority, bodysack and rodya-axe are solid baseline egos

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
search engine in the world!"
-- The GoogleProg

Google Jeb Bush posted:

i guess my generic team is treesang, rose rodya, and bunnycliff, fill in the egos later if i feel like it - sunshower's obviously top priority, bodysack and rodya-axe are solid baseline egos

What is Cast may be a lot less solid than it used to be after the new EGO Sanity cost changes! :v:

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

I'm going to be going with Liu Squad, Grip Faust and RB Ryoshu as my other 000s, then a flex pick 00.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

lol they just obliterated representation emitter

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1678325399774969857
https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1678325577240154112

Deets on Zwei Rodion and Rhino Salt are out. Rodion does Poise, and has a passive that gives her automatic Shield based on her amount of Poise, and her Skills 2 and 3 become more powerful when a certain threshold of Shield has been reached.

Rhino Salt is mostly Slash and Bleed, funnily enough. He also likes to Go Fast and Have Charge as his skills gain extra oomph if he is Going Fast enough or has enough Charge, and he has a passive that gives him extra max speed (so not haste, sadly) at certain Charge intervals to help him in his goals of punching your blood out.

Theantero fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Jul 10, 2023

LizardBeam
May 17, 2005
Not an AmphiBeam
The wild thing is he only does a bunch of bleed count, not bleed. Which means he'll need some bleed support to get much out of it. R-Heath has a LITTLE bit with skill 2, but most charge characters don't also do bleed stuff. But I guess he could fit a bleed comp, if he feeds his skill 3 enough charge with 1 and 2.

RandomReader
Nov 17, 2021

Aumanor posted:

Anyone care to post the rest of the thread? I haven't been able to see replies on Twitter for a while now, probably because I don't have an account.
They post updates to the steam page, not the banner teasers though.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

BisbyWorl posted:

The funniest part of this is that they're claiming it's so that people stop bringing Faust to every fight, something that isn't going to happen because N Faust is still the best support ID in the game (also Fluid Sac still exists).

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

BisbyWorl posted:

Most of the changes, I get it. It's an ego that refunds a lot of sanity for the team when the theme of the update is making sanity matter more for base egos. So, it gets a 5 sanity penalty for being a base ego with AOE and a 5 sanity penalty for giving half the team a decent chunk of sanity back.

What gets me is the new passive, which feels like something they'd change in the upcoming "buff base egos that don't feel like they do anything" pass. How often is Heal Efficiency really going to come up? Honestly?

^^^ EDIT: At least N Corp Faust needs specific team comps to actually get Whistles off. Fluid Sac... would probably also get reworked into "give X sanity to Y lowest-sanity characters" if they weren't gunshy about changing things people didn't get for free.

Lurks With Wolves fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Jul 10, 2023

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Saigyouji posted:

The funniest part of this is that they're claiming it's so that people stop bringing Faust to every fight, something that isn't going to happen because N Faust is still the best support ID in the game (also Fluid Sac still exists).

this feels like future-deproofing so that Faust isnt the obvious default for that niche, forever.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I absolutely get the Representation Emitter nerf, it was easily the 2nd best support EGO after Fluid Sack, except it had a fraction of the cost and it's passive was basically free +2 to Coins, considering that the current meta kinda expects that even most RR fights will be done below 10 turns.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Aumanor posted:

Yeah, gently caress twitter, we should be linking to the steam news pages instead.

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1973530/view/3667667670721532078

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

I do not like seeing Free options get nerfed in a F2P game. Just make the monetized options competitive and accept the L you made for yourself. :/