Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

I don't get it. is there a joke in the full image?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009
This won’t sound like a serious idea, but it kind of is. Can somehow who understands capital markets better than I do explain why Musk wouldn’t just take the company public again and hope to achieve a >$44 billion valuation through the same forces (idiot Muskrats and crypto bros) that keep Tesla, GameStop, and crypto more overvalued than they should be?

Since he doesn’t have a path to recouping his investment based on solid business fundamentals, isn’t leaving more ignorant and credulous supporters of his holding the bag a better strategy?

Serious_Cyclone posted:

The phrase "get access to paywalled tweets" gives me a profound sense of sadness, I remember back in 7th grade when the internet was going to revolutionize something, anything.

Capitalism destroys everything it touches.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

109 Subscription Guy is just subscribed to 109 different Findom Accounts

Gros Tarla
Dec 30, 2008

Lazy_Liberal posted:

Elon is begging MrBeast to post on his platform, claiming he will make as much money here.

Which, lol.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Thraedo Guy was one of the sometime members of a Jizz band in a side street cantina. Not much of a backstory.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Elon probably sees all those "5.5M" and "$500,000" numbers and prices in the video titles and thinks MrBeast is bragging about the amount of money the videos are making directly

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Lazy_Liberal posted:

Mr Beast is probably the most successful YouTuber, making literally millions of dollars through the platform. Elon is pathetically trying to get him to post videos to Twitter instead and claiming there’d be more money in it which is total and absolute bullshit. And would likely result in a lawsuit if Beast took him up on it.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
I assume Elon never implemented the get-paid-for-ads-in-your-thread system, so I'm curious what mechanism he expects to pay Mr. Beast with for hosting his content on that website that throttles everyone's activity and keeps crashing

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Mr Beast is probably the most successful YouTuber, making literally millions of dollars through the platform. Elon is pathetically trying to get him to post videos to Twitter instead and claiming there’d be more money in it which is total and absolute bullshit. And would likely result in a lawsuit if Beast took him up on it.

aw, that all got cropped out in the embed. i have a 7yo so i am unfortunately already familiar with the beast

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
Didn't the Twitter losers go after MrBeast's trans friend too? I doubt that will help Elon's case at all lol

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Yeah mr beast did a tweet that was like "stop making poo poo up about my friend, I'm so sick of all these transphobes" and it broke a bunch of people's minds

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
I'm surprised Elmo hasn't sold more Tesla stock to fuel his Twitter obsession.

Does he have no money that's actually liquid?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Halisnacks posted:

This won’t sound like a serious idea, but it kind of is. Can somehow who understands capital markets better than I do explain why Musk wouldn’t just take the company public again and hope to achieve a >$44 billion valuation through the same forces (idiot Muskrats and crypto bros) that keep Tesla, GameStop, and crypto more overvalued than they should be?

Because if he makes Twitter a publicly traded company he has a fiduciary obligation to act in the best interest of the company instead of whatever he feels likevat the moment.

Violating that duty has real civil and criminal repercussions. Remember a few years ago when he tweeted that he was going to take Tesla private? The impact of that was a spike in value as people bought stock for the windfall that never happened. The Security Exchange Commision sued him over stock manipulation for never following through with it and settled for a penalty and oversight over anything he tweets about Tesla.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Because if he makes Twitter a publicly traded company he has a fiduciary obligation to act in the best interest of the company instead of whatever he feels likevat the moment.

Violating that duty has real civil and criminal repercussions. Remember a few years ago when he tweeted that he was going to take Tesla private? The impact of that was a spike in value as people bought stock for the windfall that never happened. The Security Exchange Commision sued him over stock manipulation for never following through with it and settled for a penalty and oversight over anything he tweets about Tesla.

Wouldn't he also have to make a bunch of financial disclosures and provide a look into the business financials? Probably not something he's willing to do right now given the state of the organization.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

E the Shaggy posted:

I'm surprised Elmo hasn't sold more Tesla stock to fuel his Twitter obsession.

Does he have no money that's actually liquid?

I’m pretty sure if he sells any more Tesla stock, he’ll get sued by shareholders. :lol:

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

General Probe posted:

Wouldn't he also have to make a bunch of financial disclosures and provide a look into the business financials? Probably not something he's willing to do right now given the state of the organization.

That too, as part of the IPO he would have to release a few years of financial information to justify the initial valuation and show everyone the nose dice when he took over.

In order to not be a massive embarrassment, he would have open at the price he paid per share last year and if it closes at even a dollar less he'll have lost millions and be the laughing stock of Wall Street.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Jul 10, 2023

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

lol even Louise Mensch has deactivated her twitter account

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Quote-Unquote posted:

lol even Louise Mensch has deactivated her twitter account

It's a shame Menshn never got off the ground or she could've plugged that Twitter gap.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Lazy_Liberal posted:

aw, that all got cropped out in the embed. i have a 7yo so i am unfortunately already familiar with the beast

Why do you let your 7 year old watch The LA Beast

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Would he just be restricted from tweeting out material non public information relating to the stock? It doesn’t seem like he does much of that anyway. I assume there aren’t penalties for tweeting transphobia and other general invective as he’s already the CEO of another public company and the SEC isn’t stepping in there.

General Probe posted:

Yes he would, but I guess my point is he’d be playing to the chuds rather the typical investor class anyway. For an example close to Elon: people don’t invest in Tesla’s numbers, they invest in Tesla’s narrative.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

7 year olds are his primary demo

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
how would birdsite even organize or list videos?

like does Tuck just have his handful of videos/episodes listed somewhere among his single column birdposts?

Also gently caress youtube for removing "view oldest videos first"

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

CharlestheHammer posted:

7 year olds are his primary demo

Explains why Musk wants him.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

7 year olds don't even know what crystal pepsi is

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

The age when you eat your first cactus

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

kazil posted:

7 year olds don't even know what crystal pepsi is

we learned about ambrosia in elementary school, i think it’s still taught

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
if you want a decent youtube series for kids my 10 year old really likes the Outdoor Boys, they do a bunch of travel and camp stuff and the guy afaik is not a chud

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

PhazonLink posted:

how would birdsite even organize or list videos?

like does Tuck just have his handful of videos/episodes listed somewhere among his single column birdposts?

Also gently caress youtube for removing "view oldest videos first"

YouTube added back the ability to sort by oldest not that long ago.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

LA Beast is pure of heart, unlike Mr Beast the algorithm man

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

Serious_Cyclone posted:

I assume Elon never implemented the get-paid-for-ads-in-your-thread system, so I'm curious what mechanism he expects to pay Mr. Beast with for hosting his content on that website that throttles everyone's activity and keeps crashing

it'll be ready in two weeks, pinky swear

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This reminds me of the time he showed his dick to a woman in an elevator at Tesla.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

La beast ate a whole cactus once and then later realised what went in had to come out too

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Every time I think of LA beast and watch some of his newest videos it's the saddest thing ever. A few months ago it came up and ended up watching a video about him eating a several year old fun size package of fritos then calling customer service to complain they were not fresh like promised and got more chips free. He was excited because it was free food.

I don't know anything about The Beast other than he's not The LA Beast.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Context: this is the Afghanistan government making this post.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Steadiman posted:

it'll be ready in two weeks, pinky swear

Which 2 weeks Mr. Musk?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Any Angel fans know the real LA Beast. Tough guy.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
OHM REEK BEAK

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
:smug:

!

!

!!!

🤣🤣
🤣
🤣

🧐

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

pixaal posted:

Every time I think of LA beast and watch some of his newest videos it's the saddest thing ever. A few months ago it came up and ended up watching a video about him eating a several year old fun size package of fritos then calling customer service to complain they were not fresh like promised and got more chips free. He was excited because it was free food.

I don't know anything about The Beast other than he's not The LA Beast.

his whole thing is doing Squid Game but with slightly fewer deaths while he gets insanely wealthy off of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

HamburgerTownUSA posted:

YouTube added back the ability to sort by oldest not that long ago.

this wasnt true for me a few days ago, maybe within a week or so, hell maybe with in hours/yesterday.

google is one of the mysterious black boxes wrt UX and UI changes.