Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I said come in! posted:

Context: this is the Afghanistan government making this post.

Afghanistan government too cheap to buy a blue check or what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

How many people itt are confusing mr beast with la beast

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Threads reporting 100 million signups as of this morning, which I feel is going to be the only response to Elon’s dick measuring request

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Demon Of The Fall posted:

if you want a decent youtube series for kids my 10 year old really likes the Outdoor Boys, they do a bunch of travel and camp stuff and the guy afaik is not a chud

Every youtuber needs like a 10 year runway before I'll trust that they won't suddenly turn into a chud overnight

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Hobo Clown posted:

Afghanistan government too cheap to buy a blue check or what?

Taliban leadership are under sanctions. US companies shouldn't be accepting money from them.

greatBigJerk
Sep 6, 2010

My final form.

Demon Of The Fall posted:

if you want a decent youtube series for kids my 10 year old really likes the Outdoor Boys, they do a bunch of travel and camp stuff and the guy afaik is not a chud
That channel is just wholesome stuff (if you consider hunting and fishing wholesome activities). The guy who runs it seems like a chill dude, and he does some interesting survival camping videos.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Halisnacks posted:

This won’t sound like a serious idea, but it kind of is. Can somehow who understands capital markets better than I do explain why Musk wouldn’t just take the company public again and hope to achieve a >$44 billion valuation through the same forces (idiot Muskrats and crypto bros) that keep Tesla, GameStop, and crypto more overvalued than they should be?

Since he doesn’t have a path to recouping his investment based on solid business fundamentals, isn’t leaving more ignorant and credulous supporters of his holding the bag a better strategy?

One issue is that literally no one thinks Twitter is worth $44B including musk, which is why he sued to get out of the contract he signed - the contract that his lawyers screamed at him not to sign.

If he takes the company public again it’ll get priced closer to actual value, which was around $30B before musk bought the company and spent a year destroying all the valuable poo poo (human capital, reputation, etc) and all the infrastructure that would be needed for Twitter to continue to function as a company.

Company value is assets and future earnings potential - musk has been frantically burning both as fast as possible.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

The LA beast showed me what a pinky toe severed by the runners on a refrigerator look like after his hot buttered floor present delivery challenge he made up and tried to say was a thing people were doing. I will hate him forever, and, I will hate mr. beast for reminding me of the la beast and his dangly toe chunk.

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I do because when it's uncapitalized I think people are using la as an article. Like la bestia.

edit: I have just found out La Bestia is an actual name for a train infamous for causing migrant deaths and I take this back, I just wanted to make a dumb joke about LA = la

MiracleFlare fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Jul 10, 2023

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Here is a question for everyone in the thread.

What is the over/under do you think of twitter being sold or in bankruptcy, and then Elon claiming to be a puppetmaster and intended it all along?

My prediction: August 2025 (the election season will buoy it a bit) twitter goes into bankruptcy and is sold. By November 2025 :elon: "I meant to do that." :elon:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
under

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Please use over/under properly.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Here is a question for everyone in the thread.

What is the over/under do you think of twitter being sold or in bankruptcy, and then Elon claiming to be a puppetmaster and intended it all along?

My prediction: August 2025 (the election season will buoy it a bit) twitter goes into bankruptcy and is sold. By November 2025 :elon: "I meant to do that." :elon:

we already did predictions itt when the sale was finalized, all bets are in

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

goatface posted:

Please use over/under properly.

Best I can do is rephrase it.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

AJA posted:

(sorry not sorry)

The Something Awful Forums > General Bullshit > Elon Musk: This account has more fake PENIS than most.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
gonna see elon simps getting dick shortening surgery

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Halisnacks posted:

Would he just be restricted from tweeting out material non public information relating to the stock? It doesn’t seem like he does much of that anyway. I assume there aren’t penalties for tweeting transphobia and other general invective as he’s already the CEO of another public company and the SEC isn’t stepping in there.

He can post anything he wants that doesn't have a direct impact on stocks. He doesn't do that anymore because he learned doing was costly.

It's the other decisions he makes about Twitter, like not paying rent or mass firings that could open him up to questions from stockholders and they could always remove him from leadership if Twitter continually posts quarter over quarter loss.

For a hypothetical IPO he would need to declare the Twitter valuation is $44B and slice the company into 811K shares at $54.20 apiece. For every dollar below tyat he'll have lost $.9B and severely hurt Twitter future valuations.

We've seen his tweeting cost Tesla $20-30 per share in stock price.

There's also a greater burden of reporting for a public company, putting metrics that are just wrong or have little financial impact but telling people they are important, like minutes per user is fineable and having to repost quarterly financials after an error is very expensive.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Jul 10, 2023

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Personally I am confusing them with Mr. Beat, the dude that talks about politics

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

What would be a fair price for Twitter in it's current condition.

15 Billion?

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

I. M. Gei posted:

The Something Awful Forums > General Bullshit > Elon Musk: This account has more fake PENIS than most.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Deptfordx posted:

15 Billion?

*slaps hood of twitter* this baby'll radicalize so many incels you won't believe it

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Deptfordx posted:

15 Billion?

420million

my only thought was Elon likes meme numbers

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Buce posted:

good god. this is haunting poo poo.

edit: "Richard Hague Jr., a 74-year-old pastor at a Baptist church in Niagara Falls, said his implant made him feel like “a wild stallion.”"

edit2: gently caress. one of the board members of the company is a Texan named Run Wang

It gets better:

ProPublica posted:

At least 23 malpractice lawsuits have been filed against Elist in Los Angeles since 1993. (He has also been named as a defendant in product liability lawsuits regarding inflatable penile prosthesis brought by plaintiffs Dick Glass and Semen Brodsky.) The dockets indicate that some of the complaints were settled confidentially out of court, a few were dismissed and in one of two trials a jury ruled in Elist’s favor.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Deptfordx posted:

15 Billion?

It’s worth whatever the branding and trademarks are worth, because the product has literally been vandalized beyond repair. You cannot “fix” Twitter back to its previous state before October 2022.

greatBigJerk
Sep 6, 2010

My final form.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

We've seen his tweeting cost Tesla $20-30 per share in stock price.
I wish there was an easy way to map his dumbass tweets onto a timeline of Tesla stock value.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Deptfordx posted:

15 Billion?

Buying Twitter is a lot like buying a boat.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Brother Tadger posted:

It gets better:

Dick Glass and Semen Brodsky

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

lol remember when Elon sold all the furniture and kitchen equipment?

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

SimonChris posted:

I have heard anecdotal evidence that influencers and brands find it much harder to gain traction on Bluesky because no one is using the default algorithm.

Thats a ringing endorsement if ever there was one.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

Jakabite posted:

Dick Glass and Semen Brodsky

Willie Nutsack and Johnson Vas Deferens

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
Just turned 74 and got $15,000 to blow. Should I give it to my kids so they can have a good time? Nah gonna get my dick plumped up lol

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Deptfordx posted:

15 Billion?

15 billion would have been on the high side for when he bought it, much less now

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
I searched one of those AI art generator sites for "Mr Beast face" just to prove a point once and it was just all thumbnails of the dude with his mouth hanging wide open just like I expected.

I've seen enough of Youtube thumbnails from him that look almost identical to this to know I'm never goddamn clicking on ANY of those videos for any reason

Fuckin' "I tried plain yogurt for the first time!" *EXAGGERATED SCREAMING SURPRISED FACE FOR NO loving REASON*

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Catastrophe posted:

I searched one of those AI art generator sites for "Mr Beast face" just to prove a point once and it was just all thumbnails of the dude with his mouth hanging wide open just like I expected.

I've seen enough of Youtube thumbnails from him that look almost identical to this to know I'm never goddamn clicking on ANY of those videos for any reason

Fuckin' "I tried plain yogurt for the first time!" *EXAGGERATED SCREAMING SURPRISED FACE FOR NO loving REASON*

I've got a YouTube channel blocker on my main browser and anytime I come across a video thumbnail with someone making that exact kind of stupid face I just nuke the channel instantly.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Same. It's a strong marker suggesting I'll probably hate it, so as a thumbnail it works in that regard.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

It’s worth whatever the branding and trademarks are worth, because the product has literally been vandalized beyond repair. You cannot “fix” Twitter back to its previous state before October 2022.

Naw. Twitter itself is fixable. If someone viable buys them tomorrow they can easily turn the poo poo around.

I’d say value for Twitter at the moment is somewhere between 4-6 billion. It is effectively a giant fixer upper that is only viable to a company that has the engineering team and infrastructure to fix it.

The only value right now is the userbase and data. Unless you have the above to right that ship that is questionable as to how long the data and users are worth anything.

Really Elon needs to unload Twitter as soon as possible while he can still get anything out of it. The longer he waits the less it is worth. As it is we are probably 3 months away from it being MySpace.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Brother Tadger posted:

It gets better:

If you check their reddit you'll only find happy campers with huge dongers. Why, the only problem is that their wives, while extremely happy with the results, can't handle such large calibers that often so they have urged the husbands to get mistresses (as wives of hung men tend to do). Big dick problems.

Dick faq posted:

Nerve damage

Temporary nerve damage is common with surgery. Nerve damage is classified as 'permanent' when it lasts more than 1-2 months. In those cases, nerves will still regenerate over time.

That permanent nerve damage? it'll get better with time!

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Catastrophe posted:

I don't understand how anybody could look at his mug and not instinctively recoil in horror, much less click the video

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
birdsite addicts : no no, it has value.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Brother Tadger posted:

It gets better:

yeah that was a lolleroo

also, one of the guys who had the dick scaffolding installed couldn't have sex with his wife because the edges of his plastic boner were painful to her, so he looked into her having vaginal-widening surgery. lmao. lol. what the absolute fucke

so basically a plstic surgery arms race between increasingly inflexible and angular nerve-deadened dicks vs increasingly cavernous and also nerve-deadened vaginas. sounds great!

Buce fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Jul 10, 2023