Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
https://twitter.com/mfa_russia/status/1678124765930717185?s=20

she's definitely having brunch mimosas after this one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Wish I had some Baltika 7 right now, ngl

E: lol they're mad at brain damaged cartoon dogs

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
jesus the comments are bombed by nafo

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
imagine getting so loving mad about goddamn cartoon dogs, it's like an SA slapfight went international

no wait, i get it: imagine having your bought and paid for troll farms defanged and derailed by a loose collection of terminally online volunteer western fatsos

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.

Coolguye posted:

imagine getting so loving mad about goddamn cartoon dogs, it's like an SA slapfight went international

https://twitter.com/dril/status/549425182767861760?lang=en

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
The funniest thing is that they wouldnt be so mad about it if it wasn't so effective

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
I don't get why they blew up over a loving dog though? Then double down on it and get mad so it gets posted more. Those dumb arses made something dumb into an effective propaganda thing

Rugz
Apr 15, 2014

PLS SEE AVATAR. P.S. IM A BELL END LOL

zone posted:

Why are vatniks like this?

My favourite types of cope from Russophiles are the ones that have a first principle of Russia having absolutely no agency and only doing things because the West made them do it.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
the real reason the USA needs a UBI: it will create a strategic shitposting shield against russian troll farms.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

It's really wild to see the mirror image of the American right wing displayed so perfectly by Russia. Always a victim, always exceptional.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Tai posted:

I don't get why they blew up over a loving dog though? Then double down on it and get mad so it gets posted more. Those dumb arses made something dumb into an effective propaganda thing

Because a core Russian need is to be taken seriously and NAFO is the exact opposite of that

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

zone posted:

Why are vatniks like this?

Russia: IF THE WEST SENDS UKRAINE GOOD EQUIPMENT ITLL BE AN ESCALATION AND WELL NUKE YOU:argh:

Also Russia, apparently: The fact that the west won't send good equipment is proof of their genocidal intent:downs:

Just pure strain bullshit that will be uncritically swallowed by the kneejerk morons whose dedication to leftism begins and ends at "america bad"

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Tai posted:

NAFO is a smaller-scale version of what Russia has been doing on the Internet for about two decades now. As always with them, it's pure projection

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Phlegmish posted:

NAFO is a smaller-scale version of what Russia has been doing on the Internet for about two decades now. As always with them, it's pure projection

I imagine NAFO is a frustrating meme to counter for Russia, because all it takes is the Fellas turning up enmasse in a tweet's comments to immediately destroy any faked credibility it might have as anything other than Russian propaganda. There's no ambiguity like Russia normally has to bullshit in, it's just a hard outcome of NAFO mocking == bad and ignore.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I imagine NAFO is a frustrating meme to counter for Russia, because all it takes is the Fellas turning up enmasse in a tweet's comments to immediately destroy any faked credibility it might have as anything other than Russian propaganda. There's no ambiguity like Russia normally has to bullshit in, it's just a hard outcome of NAFO mocking == bad and ignore.

And no need to pay for them!

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.
Hell I'm pretty sure the thing started when a guy handed out avatars for people who made donations to help Ukraine. Not only do you not have to pay nafo, but nafo pays you!

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Don't forget a substantial part of the actual people employed to be trolls online were...Ukrainian :lol: :lmao: wonder where all those people ended up when the full scale invasion happened? :thunk:

(not saying NAFO is a Ukrainian information warfare op but they would be dumb to not take as much advantage as they could out of a grassroots effort like that)

grumplestiltzkin posted:

Hell I'm pretty sure the thing started when a guy handed out avatars for people who made donations to help Ukraine. Not only do you not have to pay nafo, but nafo pays you!

yeah you had to donate to the georgian legion and you'd get your very own fella.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Neddy Seagoon posted:

unfortunately since emerald moron introduced bluechecks and shadowbans/depressing algo rating for ukrainian tweets that approach stopped working, every time something about the war gets trending it is non stop useful idiots

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
https://english.nv.ua/nation/ukrainian-intelligence-posts-intriguing-video-saying-it-s-time-for-payback-50337822.html

Main Directorate of Intelligence for Ukraine released a new video with a ticking countdown and "Time of reckoning"

Note: does include some combat footage so it's practically PG-13 :ohdear:

HonorableTB fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Jul 10, 2023

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

grumplestiltzkin posted:

Yes, I ran that for D&D, we didn't do the avatars but we did the group tag.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
https://twitter.com/JuliaDavisNews/status/1678428427437654017

I'm not mad! I'm not mad!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFkdPfytIf8

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Russia hasn't dedicated their main epic army to the ukrianian figu because they need to conquer the Dardanelles.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Evidently thirty years of loving around in Europe, Asia, and Africa tried God's patience so much He decided you needed to be punished.
In other news, the commander of a russian submarine, who's been responsible for launching missile strikes on Ukraine as well as hiring mobiks, seems to have suffered a small accident.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

HonorableTB posted:

Wish I had some Baltika 7 right now, ngl

E: lol they're mad at brain damaged cartoon dogs

I've had two different kinds of Baltika, and they both tasted like badly reverse engineered Miller High Life.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Dr.Smasher posted:

I've had two different kinds of Baltika, and they both tasted like badly reverse engineered Miller High Life.

Sounds about right. Baltika 7 is like a knockoff Heineken

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

https://twitter.com/jensstoltenberg/status/1678484703060324359

Seems like Erdogan finally remembered on which team he is supposed to play in, after meetings today with EU representatives about restarting the Turkey's admission process to EU.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

BrassRoots posted:

Pancor Jackhammer every time.

Edit: except that one martial arts run

Russian Army Fallout Run: Entire game with BB gun

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

Der Kyhe posted:

Seems like Erdogan finally remembered on which team he is supposed to play in, after meetings today with EU representatives about restarting the Turkey's admission process to EU.

Hell yes!

DiomedesGodshill
Feb 21, 2009

Der Kyhe posted:

lol @ Putin starting this stupid war to prevent countries from joining NATO. Mission accomplished.

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

Oldie but goldie

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Der Kyhe posted:

Good news, but the article I read in WaPo stated that Erdogan said he'd support Swedish entry last year too, so....

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

tbh I'll believe all this when I see it

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

redshirt posted:

Good news, but the article I read in WaPo stated that Erdogan said he'd support Swedish entry last year too, so....

He did, he OK'd the voting process for Finland and Sweden to start back then. Now he announced to get the Turkey's acceptance vote for Sweden to move forward, Finland got it already in April.

Der Kyhe fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jul 10, 2023

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Sweden doesn't actually desperately need to be in Nato, because they don't share borders with Russia

Our weak and pathetic PM desperately needs to be let into NATO as a win. He and his completely owned cabinet suck at everything they've tried to do so far. Winning by promising everything and more to Erdogan is vital to please the voter base.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Potrzebie posted:

Our weak and pathetic PM desperately needs to be let into NATO as a win. He and his completely owned cabinet suck at everything they've tried to do so far. Winning by promising everything and more to Erdogan is vital to please the voter base.

Is Sweden actually going to pass a law prohibiting burning religious books?

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

spankmeister posted:

Is Sweden actually going to pass a law prohibiting burning religious books?

With our current government, shadow ruled by fascists, I would expect them to try and way they can think of. It should be difficult unless they figure out a way to bypass our constitution though since altering that takes two governments. OTOH, Sweden is built on naïvety a la Bud Air, so once people in charge act against the interest of the state and intention of the rule of law most things break down.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Vatniks React To: Erdogan being himself

There was another screenshot but it had a slur so no need to repost it

Ukraine War: tourist season ends...Tomatoes remain....

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

FIRE SARMATS NOW!!!!!!!!

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

Der Kyhe posted:

Erdogan doesn't really look satisfied in this picture to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1678494833118179354?s=20

I guess he got something