Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i don't quite know what the point of it would be that's not already accomplished here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

pencilhands posted:

Would anyone be interested in a thread solely for discussing mary worth? is that allowed?

kidcoelacanth posted:

i don't quite know what the point of it would be that's not already accomplished here

You could give it a shot, I don't know if it'd generate enough interest to be worth the trouble. I have thought it'd be fun to revisit some old wild MW storylines and that'd be more fun with others. You could post em two or three at a time to keep up the pace.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Just post (other people may not post with you). Newspaper Spider-Man has his own thread.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Machinery

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
Oh no.

Here come the waterworks again.

Someone let me borrow their teaspoons!

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Retail

Popcom leads into the next issue today!

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Just wanted to comment on this: when I was a kid, I wanted to buy into one of those "sell stuff, get cool prizes" scams that were still being advertised on the back pages of comic books -- but my dad wouldn't let me because, he explained, he'd gotten ripped off as a kid by "Uncle" Harry Bard, who was running the same scam in comic books back in the 1950s. Thanks, Dad.

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Scary Gary :drac:

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

I accidentally glanced at the comments this morning, and:

thisusedyet
Feb 14, 2012

My post... it sucks!!!

Some Guy TT posted:

The Demons of Baseball

Couple things:
1. Is that Planck trashing Copper at first after he doubles him off, or is that the crowd riding him?

2. I think after Copper's not owned one or 2 more times, he's either breaking a bat over his head or trashing the dugout/clubhouse with it

3. This one's on you, Copper. You're taught in little league that with less than 2 out, you freeze on a line drive. He broke for second on contact.
(Assuming you're forced to move in the first place - freeze on a line, halfway in the air (as in a fly ball to the outfield), take off on the ground)

thisusedyet fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Jul 10, 2023

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

thisusedyet posted:

Couple things:
1. Is that Planck trashing Copper at first after he doubles him off, or is that the crowd riding him?

That's the crowd. Planck knows that being smug and silent will do more damage than anything else he could say.

thisusedyet
Feb 14, 2012

My post... it sucks!!!

Green Intern posted:

That's the crowd. Planck knows that being smug and silent will do more damage than anything else he could say.

I don't know, I could see this kind of thing going on. (Can't find it with sound - the middle infielder's saying "Come on" as he's waving)

https://gfycat.com/impracticalcomfortablegardensnake

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Haraiso Days

And just in time for the ghost story to end, another chapter of Bardiche Hotel dropped: Chapter 4 (Rain)

Two pages to start since the first one's about the side story plant corpse guys?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Looking at rain and thinking of thousands of named rain drops falling to their death is a great conceit.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Into Ilves

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Pickles

Hagar the Horrible

Zits

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

EasyEW posted:

The New Adventures Of Mopey Pete

I see Mopey Pete still hasn't bought his girlfriend a proper engagement ring. Maybe he would've been able to get one now if he hadn't wasted thousand of dollars meant for the ring on some carnival game trying to win a cheap stuffed toy for his girlfriend. And then had the gall to propose using the stuffed animal as an IOU for the ring.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

This is very stupid but I lol'd irl

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Pogo 1/21/51

Archie 9/15-17/47

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Doomykins posted:

"131 - Jucika And The Peaches" NSFW Nudity

Asking for this set up next time I eat out.

That comment can go two ways.

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.
Steeple 16: Hell on Wheels Part 1

John Allison's Patreon John Allison's Gumroad store
Steeple website

John Allison posted:

I wonder what Billie’s going to do. I never know what S1 and S2 on an automatic gearbox do. Does one of them make you go faster than the other? Is it “Sport 1” and “Sport 2”? Does it have something to do with “engine braking”? My first car had a switch you could press on the side of the gearstick and I used to try to have it in each setting 50% of the time because I didn’t know which one was “right”.

I don't like the look of that sign in the last panel...

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Fingerpori

I think there's some kind of a legislative thing here where putting a "no ads" tag on your front door actually prevents certain types of ads from arriving? I've noted a difference in the amount of paper ads pre- and post-"no ads"-tagging, and some kinda legal precedent is the only reason I can think of why that would matter at all.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Hempuli posted:

Fingerpori

I think there's some kind of a legislative thing here where putting a "no ads" tag on your front door actually prevents certain types of ads from arriving? I've noted a difference in the amount of paper ads pre- and post-"no ads"-tagging, and some kinda legal precedent is the only reason I can think of why that would matter at all.

Who is bringing paper ads to your front door?

Are you saying the mail carrier has to sort that poo poo out after arriving at your residence?

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Let's Depopulate The loving Ocean

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

EasyEW posted:

Sally Forth

They went to a different motel. Am I to believe that every motel in this town is a complete shitbox?

Some Guy TT posted:

The Demons of Baseball

Of course she's pissed. You just stepped on the first orgasm she's had since she got married.

Luann

Gil Thorp

Home Free

Not a bad gag. Home Free is definitely better when it's just about the little boy talking to animals.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

maybealabia posted:

Who is bringing paper ads to your front door?

Are you saying the mail carrier has to sort that poo poo out after arriving at your residence?

The mail carriers deliver the mail that has address. Additionally there's non-targeted mail (local advertisements and ad-funded newspapers) that get delivered to every house that doesn't have an adblock sign.

Works well. The only paper ads I get are car service ads, because they get my address from the registry and there is a way to block those, but I haven't bothered.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

davidspackage posted:

Mary's stakeout muffins are probably laced with cocaine to keep her awake.

that's right, she eats cocaine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOX8SQwV64c

Kazinsal posted:

boltar boltar boltar BOLTAR BOLTAR BOLTAR BOLTAR

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Julet Esqu posted:

They went to a different motel. Am I to believe that every motel in this town is a complete shitbox?

maybe its what they can afford with what is left of the gift money after losing most (all?) of it on an unplanned last-minute trip ?

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Julet Esqu posted:

That's the joke, yes. The island (? I'd need to read back a couple weeks to be sure) they're on is some Fyre Festival (with that exact reference made at least once) esque scam where they were promised a fancy resort and found jack poo poo. I'd expect most of the jokes to be along these lines until the arc is done.

I'm starting to wonder if I'm reading a different Sally Forth from everyone else, tbh.

Kennel posted:

The mail carriers deliver the mail that has address. Additionally there's non-targeted mail (local advertisements and ad-funded newspapers) that get delivered to every house that doesn't have an adblock sign.

Works well. The only paper ads I get are car service ads, because they get my address from the registry and there is a way to block those, but I haven't bothered.
We have bulk mailers/non targeted mail in the US as well, but there's no way to block them that I'm aware of. (presumably because the post office wants to keep getting postage money from the people mailing that poo poo)

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Haifisch posted:

We have bulk mailers/non targeted mail in the US as well, but there's no way to block them that I'm aware of. (presumably because the post office wants to keep getting postage money from the people mailing that poo poo)
https://faq.usps.com/s/article/Refuse-unwanted-mail-and-remove-name-from-mailing-lists

This exists now because people got tired of getting unsolicited dick pill media mail but doesn't eliminate all of it.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

pencilhands posted:

Would anyone be interested in a thread solely for discussing mary worth? is that allowed?
I would probably give it a chance. CK archive goes back to October 5 1998 right now.

I could be fun if we could track down things like Wilbur's first appearance or stuff like that.

Or you could just post that here too. Newspaper Spider-Man has a thread but now that there aren't new ones being made it's only a few of us still reading old ones.

Edit: Just look at how indignant she is in that last panel. I do miss Joe Giella's Mary Worth. :lol:

F Minus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

"What? Oh, no, no he's white. But anyways he's...hello? Hello?"

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Apartment 3-G

Murdstone fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Jul 11, 2023

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Haifisch posted:

I'm starting to wonder if I'm reading a different Sally Forth from everyone else, tbh.

right? it's all been pretty straightforward. the resort that they hastily and cheaply booked was actually a scam, so they found the first motel they could and rented rooms there, and it's also utterly poo poo because this place isn't really a tourist attraction

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Professor Wayne posted:

Hagar the Horrible

Relevant, but extremely :nws: Oglaf:

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Crabgrass

Peanuts Through the Ages (Jul 5-9, 1959)

A baby sister you say?

The kids are loosing a bit of the frumpyness of the previous years in favor of a more streamlined style. You can see the more classic look starting to emerge.

Calvin and Hobbes (Sep 24-27, 1993)

Big Nate

Blind Alley

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Murdstone posted:

I would probably give it a chance. CK archive goes back to October 5 1998 right now.

I could be fun if we could track down things like Wilbur's first appearance or stuff like that.

I read that and thought, "Dudly Ford, but isn't that..." And the answer is yes! Yes he is!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9f94S5FLMk

This is the kind of poo poo that occupies the space in my head where the times tables should be.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Posting comics: A thing I do, sometimes.

1981 comics

Dick Tracy

Footrot Flats

The Lockhorns, pardon the tiny Sunday.

Computoon: Origins

Legends in the Heights

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Haifisch posted:

Dick Tracy

Ok, so I know america hates bikes, but the crimestoppers propaganda is getting ridiculous.

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From The Tinkersons

Macanudo

Dark Side Of The Horse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Heathcliff

Compu-toon

Garfield

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Classic Arlo and Janis (August 07, 2001)

Rae The Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens