Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrownPepper
Dec 30, 2017
He wouldn't have voted bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

i just got to the ai episode in the first season and lol at the goon rear end villain who made the ai

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

BrownPepper posted:

He wouldn't have voted bitch

he would have voted for Hillary

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
Mulder would have absolutely been a top level Qanon wierdo and talking about adrenochrome

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Paul Verhoeven apparently made a movie called Flesh and Blood set in “Western Europe” in 1501 and concerning a band of rapacious mercenaries under the captaincy of Rutger Hauer trying to get revenge against a duplicitous nobleman. it does a pretty good job with depictions of early modern/late medieval soldiering where they’re all a mixture of crassly avaricious and loot hungry but also superficially pious Christians, one of their number is a cardinal who goes around behind them stabbing wounded foes. I particularly like the way the colorful costumes contrast with a lot of more recent extremely gray medieval movies and the way the characters see the world and perceive omens in the natural world, consider the feudal relationship an extension of that, etc is pretty well written too. apparently it didn’t really succeed because audiences in the US found it too bleak

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
Scully would also have been a Trump voter but she'd have been ashamed about it and said it was because of economics

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
He would have been right too because he has the files

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
“I am become death, destroyer of worlds”

*funny dog puts its paws over its eyes in embarrassment*

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

sound of freedom is rocking a 100% audience score on rottentomatoes lol

BrownPepper
Dec 30, 2017
Dunno about that but I have to go make dinner before my wife gets home. Wish i had quick access to some recipes..

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

I watched all 4 hours and 47 minutes of Until the End of the World (1991, by Wim Wenders). it's kinda hard to explain but starts with the world gonna be ending and sort of ends in recovering from dreamviewer/smartphone addiction. kinda sad that Solveig Dommartin died in 1997.

this was like 10 days ago and I keep thinking the name Coober Pedy. fun to say. coober pedy

quote:

The origin of the name of the town (decided in 1920[8]) is thought to derive from the words in the Kokatha language, kupa piti, usually translated as "whitefella – hole in the ground", or guba bidi, "white man’s holes", relating to white people's mining activities[9] (also reported as meaning "boys' waterhole" in some sources[10]).

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

AnimeIsTrash posted:

i never watched the xfiles as ak id because the screaming skull in the opening scared me
lol

the 90s was golden age of anthological horror: are you afraid of the dark, tales from the crypt, x-files, outer limits, and dinosaurs

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

tales from the crypt remains unmatched but there are some watchable parts of the new creepshow

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

are you afraid of the dark scared the poo poo out of me when i was seven

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Xaris posted:

dinosaurs

Now that was a Simpsons clone that knew how to end!

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

i say swears online posted:

that show was legit better at kid horror than anything goosebumps tried to do

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
certainly I had a very real fear that I too would get trapped inside of a pinball machine

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

the commercials scared me enough to keep me away but I'm thinking I need to go watch it now

watching stuff as an adult that scared you as a kid is a lot more satisfying than I thought it would be. like I literally watch Resident Evil speedruns to fall asleep now when I used to have stupid-rear end nightmares about it when I was a kid

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

sound of freedom is rocking a 100% audience score on rottentomatoes lol

I kind of wonder how much deliberately alienating the people who would dislike a movie is a conscious strategy to drive up review scores

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

I actually rewatched most of the AYATD seasons with my partner over the past 2 Octobers. it holds up pretty well for being kids-oriented IMO. yeah some of the child acting loving suucks, we keep saying "i'm cold" as an inside joke because it was so bad, but plot-wise and general story telling wise a lot of em are really good still. a lot of the teenage actors do pretty drat good work too given y'know, they're children that are naturally bad at acting

Gilbert Gottfried and the babby rear end Ryan Gosling episode is great. it's cool how many child actors you'll recognize as adults in it

would recommend

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
none of it really scared me when i was 5-8 except a few handful like the indoor swimming pool episode probably gave me thalassophobia and even now i'm still somewhat creeped out by empty indoor swimming pools

pinball one was psychologically kinda frightening since it's an unhappy ending

i never found zeebo scary tho

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

that cabbie from are you afraid of the dark scared the poo poo out of me

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
some tales from the crypt scared the hell out of me though. like there was one where some people get into an elevator and it squishes them from the floor rising inside

there was also another one where a ceiling fan slowly lowers and chops up some people inside of a room. that kinda poo poo was no bueno for child xaris

i should probably face my childhood trauma and rewatch tales from the crypt

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

nothing in tales from the crypt was as scary as the crypt keeper puppet.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
also all the Aron Tager (:rip: :smith:) episodes kick rear end. tager was too bad rear end as hell to be scary though

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

gonna lmao when lib hollywood execs see the chud movie succeeding and going "hey we ought to make some q anon movies! think of the money we can make!"

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/psychotronica_/status/1632811692626173953?s=20

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/TimothyS/status/1678368299766218752?t=0-LTQSY8CsGKe0GGgb2bcw&s=19

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqeQLV04kwU&t=400s

Big Bad Idiot
Jun 27, 2023

by vyelkin

BrownPepper posted:

Growing up the only Imax was at the zoo and the movies were about climbing mount Everest or footage of elephant seals fighting. Not sure if thats universal or not.

it was near the twin cities

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

lmfao

he's still got it

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

lol

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Just enough of the episodes had bad endings to keep you on edge.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
https://twitter.com/jimstewartson/status/1678534496562589696?t=SfYPE2Q-YevI45CevsA1Rw&s=19

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
That guy is 100% former LEO

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

R. Mute posted:

the napoleon cinematic universe

While exiled to Elba he has an incidental visit with the first mate of a cargo ship and gives him a sealed message to pass on...

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

gradenko_2000 posted:

That guy is 100% former LEO

what's that?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
goosebumps, AYATD, tales from the crypt. meh

this is how real 90s kids got their horror fix

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

indigi posted:

goosebumps, AYATD, tales from the crypt. meh

this is how real 90s kids got their horror fix

oh yeah i remember that. that was those scary stories something, i think you could buy a 3-pack from price club in the early 90s.

were they actually scary? i just remember the cover/illustrations being scary but i don't remember anything about the actual content

e: oh huh they made a netflix adaption and then removed it? lol

Xaris has issued a correction as of 07:56 on Jul 11, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
wait til martin comes

has been living rent free in my head for close to 40 years