Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Lt. Lizard posted:

I absolutely get the Representation Emitter nerf, it was easily the 2nd best support EGO after Fluid Sack, except it had a fraction of the cost and it's passive was basically free +2 to Coins, considering that the current meta kinda expects that even most RR fights will be done below 10 turns.
It's an absolutely ridiculous nerf, though. Representation Emitter's gone from being the best base EGO to the worst. That new passive is completely worthless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

GilliamYaeger posted:

It's an absolutely ridiculous nerf, though. Representation Emitter's gone from being the best base EGO to the worst. That new passive is completely worthless.

One Day and whatever Rodya’s was named both still exist. :colbert:

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

KazigluBey posted:

I do not like seeing Free options get nerfed in a F2P game. Just make the monetized options competitive and accept the L you made for yourself. :/

I'll be cool with it as long as the incoming buffs mean I actually consider using a base zayin outside of faust and meursault. and I guess heathcliffs in railway.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

YES bread posted:

I'll be cool with it as long as the incoming buffs mean I actually consider using a base zayin outside of faust and meursault. and I guess heathcliffs in railway.

Similarly, I'm fine with the sanity cost nerfs if it means I'd actually consider using anything besides a base Zayin when I suddenly need to win a clash. They're so much cheaper currently that it's hard to justify anything else.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
youve neglected to take into account that many of the bp and gacha ego animations are cool as gently caress, giving them very high value

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."
After this set of changes I really hope they don't do an SP damage-focused fight any time soon, because Representation Emitter and 0 SP base Zayin were the main tools for climbing out of SP holes. This is essentially a straight-up removal of your tools to deal with that. Messy.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

TeeQueue posted:

One Day and whatever Rodya’s was named both still exist. :colbert:
Rodya's will be really good once she gets a negative SP identity.

One Day? What is this "One Day"? Gregor's base EGO is Legedermain! :v:

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Honestly Rhino Meursault seems incredibly fun because he could make W Don go really, really fast. She's a character than can pretty easily get 20+ charge, so that'll translate to probably, what, an extra 7 max speed or something?

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

GilliamYaeger posted:

Rodya's will be really good once she gets a negative SP identity.

One Day? What is this "One Day"? Gregor's base EGO is Legedermain! :v:

Funnily enough, Legerdemain is now even better in comparison, as the slim niche of One Day not costing SP got tossed out the window.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

BisbyWorl posted:

lol they just obliterated representation emitter

Remember, you still get the sanity recovery from using it in a clash.

Lurks With Wolves posted:

What gets me is the new passive, which feels like something they'd change in the upcoming "buff base egos that don't feel like they do anything" pass. How often is Heal Efficiency really going to come up? Honestly?

I think the idea is, if you've used RE once in a fight, then Faust staggers someone later, she can RE again (or Fluid Sac) for a bigger heal the turn after that.

GilliamYaeger posted:

One Day? What is this "One Day"?

Gregor: [singing karaoke] :sax: It's been, One Day since you looked at me / cocked your head to the side and said, "I'm angry" :guitar:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Theantero posted:

Deets on Zwei Rodion and Rhino Salt are out. Rodion does Poise, and has a passive that gives her automatic Shield based on her amount of Poise, and her Skills 2 and 3 become more powerful when a certain threshold of Shield has been reached.

Rhino Salt is mostly Slash and Bleed, funnily enough. He also likes to Go Fast and Have Charge as his skills gain extra oomph if he is Going Fast enough or has enough Charge, and he has a passive that gives him extra max speed (so not haste, sadly) at certain Charge intervals to help him in his goals of punching your blood out.

One seems like complete rear end and the other is Weird

Rodion: lol poise

Meursault: Bleed is a weird direction to take things already, but why Bleed Count and no actual Bleed? I mean tbf Bleed's main limitation is the lack of Count-increasing skills but this seems like such a random ID to slap that on. Also he's Slash based???

This feels like someone got some design documents mixed up because he's built like a melee Rabbit. Why are Meursault's 000 IDs so consistently cursed. His usability will largely depend on his numbers and how much Charge he can generate himself, though as a plus he actually has enough speed to take hits for people and a defensive skill that encourages it.

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Jul 10, 2023

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
So long as his numbers aren’t cursed, he’ll be good. On a charge team he goes fast and hits (hopefully) hard. On a bleed team he provides the support to really let you stack up the bleeding. It’s weird, yes, but not doomed just yet.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
TBH, I actually kinda love that main danger coming from a dude built like a tank and wearing such a massive power armor that he is basically spherical, is that he will stab you in the face and make you bleed out.

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
Yeah SaltyR has a neat niche. He's a fast tank, so he can go in and absorb a bad clash, or he can set up a bleed count for a slower, squishier ID to get some big bleed numbers into. Not especially useful in human fights, but should be a really cool tech for abnormality fights. I do love me status synergy sinners, so I hope they keep rolling in.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
I feel like, outside of enabling Bleed super hard, if the support passive is based on Sins owned rather than Resonance, RSault's best niche is going to be as support for RHeath. That massive speed boost from Charge will make it super easy for him to both get the speed power boost and go first to apply Quick Suppression at the start of a big damage turn.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
I think Zwei Rodion is going to be... not good, but more functional than most Poise character, because she doesn't seem to actually be using Poise as the key part of her kit. In the context of her skills, it's basically just Charge that occasionally gets spent on a crit which she's constantly using to generate an HP buffer. Until we get something that buffs the party's Poise, it's not trying to be the kind of big-crit Poise ID that Limbus tried and failed to make at launch.

I don't think that's going to be good, unless we get some huge party-wide Poise synergy that makes the mechanic not fundamentally disappointing that can convert her consistently growing Poise count into big crits, but it's different.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
the new Mirror Dungeon added a bunch of new Poise-boosting gifts, which definitely was something of a shot in the arm, I've run Poise teams to great effect in it.

Probe 17
Jul 27, 2014

Red Rain is coming down

Red Rain
I wouldn't be terribly shocked if the next 000 in the pipe turned out to be some big Poise enabler. Seems like they've been going down the list of status effects one by one lately, not that I think it's a bad thing.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I think the only way we'll get good poise is with effects along the lines of "At x+ poise, gain Y coin power".

Even a unit with infinite poise just gets an extra 20% damage at the end of the day.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Yea, the main issue with Poise is that you have to maintain Poise Count, stack up Poise Potency, still have a solid chance of it doing nothing on an attack and all that for....20% extra damage? It should be 30% at the very least, maybe even 40-50%.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

So we have a Rabbit, a Reindeer, and a Rhino identity now, when do we get our R Commander Outis?

https://twitter.com/nyagaichi/status/1678352983577485313?t=N8LYAwXN8XI57Pi9tKyBGw&s=19

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Arzaac posted:

I think the only way we'll get good poise is with effects along the lines of "At x+ poise, gain Y coin power".

Even a unit with infinite poise just gets an extra 20% damage at the end of the day.

The only real way would be either something like this where you ignore the mechanic for the most part, or a change to the mechanic itself so it stops sucking big time

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

It took me forever to actually realize this, so quick PSA: The shock centipede only dies once it runs out of self-charge.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Arzaac posted:

It took me forever to actually realize this, so quick PSA: The shock centipede only dies once it runs out of self-charge.

not looking forward to that fucker being on the railway

at least in mirror dungeon there's no particular penalty for hitting "win rate" for eighteen rounds and slowly clashing its charge down

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Arzaac posted:

I thought it was when it's event went off, since every time i've fought it(which is uh like twice) it died immediately after resolving that. Good to know.

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022

Marluxia posted:

So we have a Rabbit, a Reindeer, and a Rhino identity now, when do we get our R Commander Outis?

https://twitter.com/nyagaichi/status/1678352983577485313?t=N8LYAwXN8XI57Pi9tKyBGw&s=19

Outis works very well as a cold leader. Probably because it's so close to what she actually would be if she was the leader.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me
I want a RCorp Don Quixote

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

L.U.I.G.I posted:

I want a RCorp Don Quixote

RCorp Don but somehow she's become the black ops of R, the Ravens.

posadas
Jan 28, 2021

Arzaac posted:

Stagger the body the first turn, completely avoiding the head and its several hundred HP of shield
Continue hitting the body on the second turn
Have it blow up on the first clash on the third turn from a single stack of bleed that was applied from some ego gift you chose at some point in the run

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Someone pointed out that the three Silent Hill-y events, the ones in the hospital, have the codenames under the hood of "Nymph" (the one we had access to in Mirror of Beginning), "Hydra" (the operation one) and "Centaur" (the four-legged one).

I wonder if those three will be fought in Outis' chapter because, yunno, Greek myth. Plus, the shadow on To Pathos Mathos is, yunno, a caduceus, which while the obvious association is Hermes rescuing Odysseus from Calypso's island, is also used in hospitals and stuff.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Outis Hill chapter with Penelope as Mary.

Countzer
May 27, 2022
I hope Penelope is a guy, or at least masculine-looking. It would be a neat flip on the gender dynamics of the original, at least if PM sticks with the "faithful wife" part of myth.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

With MD2 Hard coming soon, and 00s being free, I figure I should ask and see what 00s I should be leveling up for the content. Don't even need to mention Hong Lu, that one is a freebie, naturally.

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
Depends on what 000's you're planning on bringing along, because synergistic status effects generally make everyone a lot stronger then their numbers would suggest. If you're looking for just generally strong and self-sufficient 00's, i'd suggest starting with LCCB ishmael and lob corp faust as strong, self-sufficient hitters, then either of the rosespanner 00's. Both are tremor bursters with decent numbers, Rosegreg is high damage, mid survivability, and Rosesault is the opposite. KKlu can be a free roll due to his skill 2 being absolutely insane, but he can struggle in clashes and really wants to get one sided attacks in.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

You're right on synergistic status effects, but the ego gifts are just random enough that it feels really bad if your team does not match the gifts you're getting in any way.

I don't think I can justify NOT bringing R Heathcliff along, so that leaves 1-2 000 slots open.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

It is a pity so many of them are 000 because I think a Charge team (Rosespanner + R Corp + W Corp in some combo) is actually a really easy angle for this otherwise. They cover every damage type, and have enough EGO upgrades to choose from that you're able to shape who gets what pretty easily, plus a lot of the Charge specific EGO Gifts are nutty.

But like, Rosespanner Rodya, Rabbit Heath, both of Meursaults Charge Identities are 000, W Corp Don, R Corp Ish.

N Corp is less broad, but you can drop one of the three 000 pretty easily, Meursault probably, but as busted as N Corp Sinclair is, his whole deal might not be as viable in MD2 Hard Mode anyway. Their only issue is they lack Slash Identities, but you can probably fix that without dropping the Bleed team, and whilst the Robots could be a problem, N Corp is full of Blunt Damage anyway.

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be doing N Corp Faust, Meursault, Don/Heath/Rodya (I don't have Sinclair anyway), and toss in two additional bleed/slash identities (KK Hong Lu Springs to mind as he will just delete people). Pick up Chef Roshyu early on to fill out the Slash Requirement, or upgrade Rodya into Kurokumo, or Hong-Lu to Tingtang.

Edit: In fact, since I'm wanting Ryoshu later on anyway, I'd probably just grab Seven Section Ryoshu and KK Hong Lu as the additional Slash Identities. Or Rosespanner Gregor, since Legerdemain is probably still a great idea to have around.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Jul 11, 2023

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Marluxia posted:

With MD2 Hard coming soon, and 00s being free, I figure I should ask and see what 00s I should be leveling up for the content. Don't even need to mention Hong Lu, that one is a freebie, naturally.

L Faust and LCCB Ishmael are the other big 00 names. The rest are kinda iffy and depend on your overall team comp. The Rose Boys are solid if you're bringing Rosedion along(and aren't bad even without her) and similiarly Liu Ishmael doesn't mind some Liu backup

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Shishmael is trivially easy to bring and keep under 50% in the MD2, and when under 50%, she is significantly better than KK Hong Lu, especially in MD2 Hard, where having good Clash power is important.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Lt. Lizard posted:

Shishmael is trivially easy to bring and keep under 50% in the MD2, and when under 50%, she is significantly better than KK Hong Lu, especially in MD2 Hard, where having good Clash power is important.

While absolutely true, this requires paying any attention whatsoever to an MD run which goes against everything I stand for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Yinlock posted:

While absolutely true, this requires paying any attention whatsoever to an MD run which goes against everything I stand for

Especially once you grab the lower left upgrade line, so now she's fighting against the 10% regen after every fight.