Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

Alexander Hamilton posted:

I don’t know the situation either but QT Marshall vs Pentagon Jr in an ambulance match sounds fun :shrug:

I would go so far as to say it sounds loving hilarious and I really want to see it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

But will they fight inside the ambulance, outside, or on top? QT fought C*dy on top of the Nightmare Factory's MegaBus

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Guillermus posted:

But will they fight inside the ambulance, outside, or on top? QT fought C*dy on top of the Nightmare Factory's MegaBus

They will fight behind it, much to the annoyance of the viewing public

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Mr. Squishy posted:

They will fight behind it, much to the annoyance of the viewing public

This made me chuckle because of the following tweets linked here

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Guillermus posted:

they fight the ambulance, street fighter 2 bonus round style

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
People who look at the AAA card see QT and think "what has happened to AAA" has literally never watched AAA in their lives

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Lid posted:

People who look at the AAA card see QT and think "what has happened to AAA" has literally never watched AAA in their lives

kind of tempted to just empty quote this but, honestly, qt might even be above average compared to people that would otherwise be in tha spot. A different axis, though, and I wonder how the Mexico crowd will treat him (how much has he been showing up?)

Cult of Pies
Oct 2, 2021

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

lol wcw was the normalist of normal crowds. Honestly the only crowds back then that could be considered smarks would probably be ECW.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

WCW fans forced WCW to change creative directions which helped lead to the biggest boom in wrestling history is.... bad?

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

1glitch0 posted:

WCW fans forced WCW to change creative directions which helped lead to the biggest boom in wrestling history is.... bad?

All of this is just WWE rewriting history and vincels taking it point by point. Hell, even attitude era fans that keep watching that, don't even bother watching anything else.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

"They have a thing they want and they can't be persuaded otherwise"

They paid out the rear end for parking, tickets, food, etc etc etc and how dare they want to actually be entertained.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

It’s crazy because a big part of the reason I got into going to live shows as a kid was because of seeing ECW crowds going absolutely crazy and it seeming like a big party to be there. You watch modern wwe and nothing about that crowd makes me want to go to a live show.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Procrastinator posted:

kind of tempted to just empty quote this but, honestly, qt might even be above average compared to people that would otherwise be in tha spot. A different axis, though, and I wonder how the Mexico crowd will treat him (how much has he been showing up?)

QT has demonstrated time and again he can get any crowd booing, and makes every half decent wrestler look just brutal when they beat him. Penta is gonna send him to the hospital with two broken arms.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

https://twitter.com/ianmakesfilms/status/1678990186338738178?t=4qbeWHhcNF6AVUIvXlAU7w&s=19

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
even if you accept it's a "WWE storyline" it's not at all the thing the original tweet is talking about

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

even if you accept it's a "WWE storyline" it's not at all the thing the original tweet is talking about

Yeah, the user is missing the point by a mile (or more)

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
I'm confused. They're talking about "Gold Class wrestling" but I see no pictures of Ben-K or Kota Minoura. <:mad:>

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

I, for one, do enjoy the melodrama and the wrestling both, I just find the WWE melodrama is best experienced via Youtube clips and SuperEyepatchWolf videos, and the AEW melodrama is best experienced by actually watching their excellent shows.

EDIT: Also, I have zero faith that WWE's melodrama will actually lead to Jey Uso or Sami Zayn actually beating Roman and becoming a big important babyface star, whereas when Hangman is involved in melodrama, I expect he'll actually be elevated by it, so it matters more to me.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/mdeleva1/status/1679308398221840385

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/leslieleeiii/status/1679276056841277443?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

Finally an answer

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
That seems like it would be fun to watch at a local bar or theatre for 10-30 bucks, where you gotta buy some merch or autographs because you know the wrestlers got paid in gas money and a sandwich

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

El Generico posted:

I, for one, do enjoy the melodrama and the wrestling both, I just find the WWE melodrama is best experienced via Youtube clips and SuperEyepatchWolf videos, and the AEW melodrama is best experienced by actually watching their excellent shows.

EDIT: Also, I have zero faith that WWE's melodrama will actually lead to Jey Uso or Sami Zayn actually beating Roman and becoming a big important babyface star, whereas when Hangman is involved in melodrama, I expect he'll actually be elevated by it, so it matters more to me.

Oh I love wrestling melodrama. It’s fun and silly as hell and when done well it just rules. But when wwe is trying to put on these badly acted stage plays and everyone is having full conversations in the middle of the match it’s like what are we even doing here.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

The_Rob posted:

Oh I love wrestling melodrama. It’s fun and silly as hell and when done well it just rules. But when wwe is trying to put on these badly acted stage plays and everyone is having full conversations in the middle of the match it’s like what are we even doing here.

Oh yeah, I have no idea what's going on with that NXT poo poo.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Leslie posted how a major wrestling company isn't the place for an 18 year old, then deleted it when he remembered he was a big joshi fan.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

Leslie posted how a major wrestling company isn't the place for an 18 year old, then deleted it when he remembered he was a big joshi fan.

lmao

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

MassRafTer posted:

He is? You'd never guess from his Cornette level takes on the sort of bumps wrestlers should take, considering joshi is full of absolute loving lunatics

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

forkboy84 posted:

He is? You'd never guess from his Cornette level takes on the sort of bumps wrestlers should take, considering joshi is full of absolute loving lunatics

Oh, I don't know if he's still there but Leslie moved to Japan so he could watch joshi in person.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
https://twitter.com/VicNeumann1/status/1679216200453173249

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Zack Clayton really should have got the Blood and Guts spot by reason of seniority.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
If you take out the injured/pregnant people the list gets closer to thirty, if you take out people who are regulars on ROH, the list shrinks even more.

It boils down to Abadon, Anthony Ogogo, Billie Starkz, Brandon Cutler, Brock Anderson, Cole Karter, Colt Cabana, Griff Garrison, Lee Johnson, Leila Grey, Michael Nakazawa, Ortiz, Paige VanZant, Parker Boudreaux, Paul Wight, Rebel, Peter Avalon, Rebel, Red Velvet, Riho, Satnam Singh, and Zack Clayton.

Is the idea one of these people should have been the fifth person for the Elite, instead of signing a new wrestler?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Cole Karter should've been the fifth man.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Edge & Christian posted:

If you take out the injured/pregnant people the list gets closer to thirty, if you take out people who are regulars on ROH, the list shrinks even more.

It boils down to Abadon, Anthony Ogogo, Billie Starkz, Brandon Cutler, Brock Anderson, Cole Karter, Colt Cabana, Griff Garrison, Lee Johnson, Leila Grey, Michael Nakazawa, Ortiz, Paige VanZant, Parker Boudreaux, Paul Wight, Rebel, Peter Avalon, Rebel, Red Velvet, Riho, Satnam Singh, and Zack Clayton.

Is the idea one of these people should have been the fifth person for the Elite, instead of signing a new wrestler?

Billie Starkz was on the Forbidden Door preshow which I'd say counts as a PPV and Riho was last on TV literally three months ago to the day yesterday.

As for the rest, Wight is a special attraction and was also a commentator, Brock and Satnam have been featured as part of the Wardlow/Luchasaurus and JJJ feuds, and with the exception of Cabana and Ortiz, the majority of the rest are either still green or have backstage roles like Rebel 1 being the makeup lady (not sure what Rebel 2 does).

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Wasn't Abadon injured not too long ago?

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Dawgstar posted:

Was away for four months Dec-March. Came back in April and has wrestled 2 dark matches + indies.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I thought PVZ was out injured with a shattered foot?

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer

Dawgstar posted:

She's been turbo injured yeah

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Not going to lie, a raging Brandon Cutler as the 5th for the Elite would be fun.

Blood and Guts and Dice.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I was devastated that the BCC didn't bring in Big Shotty Lee Johnson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

enigmahfc posted:

Not going to lie, a raging Brandon Cutler as the 5th for the Elite would be fun.

Blood and Guts and Dice.

You see, Mox? The dice don’t lie, and they spell TPK for you at Blood and Guts