Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CaptainSarcastic posted:

This whole thing began because some people are very upset that low-effort trolling might potentially be curtailed in GBS. Potentially. In GBS.

this all began because someone was making the argument that 16bitbutthead should get a synthy style level of unique punishment for making fun of the oceangate sub thread being a bad thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

what was "last time"? didn't the mod say to drop this stuff?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

wtf smug. he was about to post the rankings.......

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

def putting smug directly on the bottom most tier.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

*tapping the office hours sign*

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Can I also be IK of this thread when Slugworth is busy? This looks like fun now with more people aiming to misbehave.

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014
my feedback is its fine to ban aids if you dont like it OP

maybe one day we'll be so advanced we no longer need the word idiot but for now od whatever yhou want to the aids

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Smugworth posted:

fyi it was hot cocoa

feedback: hot cocoa can't be IK if he doesn't understand the importance of the pig balls thread

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I'm glad my feedback was heard and acted upon. Good job cocoa.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

bagmonkey posted:

feedback: hot cocoa can't be IK if he doesn't understand the importance of the pig balls thread

JFYI, HCOTC is a maverick and acts on his own volition.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Tarquinn posted:

JFYI, HCOTC is a maverick and acts on his own volition.

yeah but the fact that we're a slur-free zone who still laughs at a pig's gigantic massive balls absolutely wrecks some people's brains and that's really funny

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
the slur-free zone

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

My sincere feedback on the management of GBS would be to stop cultivating a culture where people make such ugly, dysfunctional threads and posts that their only defence is 'if you don't like it, don't read it'. It's the front page of the forums, it'd be nice if it wasn't our sewer too

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

No Dignity posted:

My sincere feedback on the management of GBS would be to stop cultivating a culture where people make such ugly, dysfunctional threads and posts that their only defence is 'if you don't like it, don't read it'. It's the front page of the forums, it'd be nice if it wasn't our sewer too

the last guy who turned one of our threads into a sewer got a 3 day probe, i think the system is working mr. koichi

pacerwpg
Apr 18, 2023
I think it's unhealthy to believe that bad posts made by other people are some sort of negative reflection on you as a person. Please don't tie your identity to the forums so much that it's psychically wounding to you to see bad posts.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

pacerwpg posted:

I think it's unhealthy to believe that bad posts made by other people are some sort of negative reflection on you as a person. Please don't tie your identity to the forums so much that it's psychically wounding to you to see bad posts.

This is a bizarre interpretation of 'it would be nice if this forum wasn't such a shithole'

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

No Dignity posted:

such ugly, dysfunctional threads

Links my dude, really curious where the ugly dysfunctional threads are right now cuz I wanna go post in em

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

No Dignity posted:

This is a bizarre interpretation of 'it would be nice if this forum wasn't such a shithole'

I'm sorry you don't like GBS, I think it is pretty laid back and relatively free of truly bad posts. Sure there are lots of dumb threads, but they are pretty benign. The truly bad ones are handled quick, I'm not sure what else you want.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

No Dignity posted:

If you want to post about video games and slurs and complain about forums you don’t like there are lots of other places to do that op

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Man walks into therapists office.
"Doc, im depressed, gbs is full of posts i think are bad, i cant sleep, i cant eat, nothing helps".
Doc goes "Ah! Common problem with a simple solution, if the bad posts are upsetting you, simply don't read them. Then you'll feel better"
Man bursts into tears, "But doctor! I'm the one posting them"

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

bagmonkey posted:

Links my dude, really curious where the ugly dysfunctional threads are right now cuz I wanna go post in em

some people are upset about the submarine thread because no one gives a poo poo about the dead rich people or something. a bunch of hand wringing about how the dudes 18 year old son was innocent. i think that's why 16bb was epically trolling it in the first place.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

If you want to post about video games and slurs and complain about forums you don’t like there are lots of other places to do that op

cmon dog.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i think they were upset that someone was speculating about what happened to the bones of the occupants

the number one gbs rule, shan't speculate, was brazenly ignored so perhaps they did have a point?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

No Dignity posted:

You can help by not posting.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

No Dignity posted:

Here's my sincere feedback: learn to read bozo, The Great Outdoors is the front page of the forums

Also the n-word forum is there too

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
:siren: Not every thread posted in GBS is comedy gold. Sad but true. The worst offenders are usually swiftly dealt with, but if you feel that one has been overlooked and is especially heinous, please report or PM a mod of your choice.
Otherwise just vote 1 and move on. You don't have to like everything, and that is absolutely A-OK!

Furthermore:

pacerwpg
Apr 18, 2023

bagmonkey posted:

I have it on good authority that there may be some off color jokes in the thread originally entitled 'Groversub 2: Electric boogaloo'.

pacerwpg fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Jul 11, 2023

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Tarquinn posted:

:siren: Not every thread posted in GBS is comedy gold. Sad but true. The worst offenders are usually swiftly dealt with, but if you feel that one has been overlooked and is especially heinous, please report or PM a mod of your choice.
Otherwise just vote 1 and move on. You don't have to like everything, and that is absolutely A-OK!

Furthermore:

Pfft.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

I’m sorry, it’s the Shrek av…I’m ogrecome with anger….

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lffg88WDRg

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Bad Purchase posted:

i think they were upset that someone was speculating about what happened to the bones of the occupants
My read of it was the intense pressure turned the carbon in their bones into rare sea-diamonds and hence their skeletons are now luxury items.

No Dignity posted:

GBS isnt as mean as it was before. It's mostly irreverent poo poo because we all live in hell. Have fun!

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Bad Purchase posted:

the number one gbs rule, shan't speculate, was brazenly ignored so perhaps they did have a point?

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

a bunch of hand wringing about how the dudes 18 year old son was innocent

allllll-righty then

pacerwpg
Apr 18, 2023

FilthyImp posted:

My read of it was the intense pressure turned the carbon in their bones into rare sea-diamonds and hence their skeletons are now luxury items.

The luxury bones thing was entirely a joke about how dental care is an expensive luxury and as a result, people call teeth luxury bones. This exists outside of the context of that thread and it was shoehorned in as a poorly executed joke.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

FilthyImp posted:

oh dang that's how you get liches

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvFy3XbMwKc

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
my gbs feedback is that you would think after 25 years of example of how bad an idea giving buttons to "wouldn't it be funny if i had buttons! ha ha! unless....." was, they'd learn to stop doing it

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Craig K posted:

my gbs feedback is that you would think after 25 years of example of how bad an idea giving buttons to "wouldn't it be funny if i had buttons! ha ha! unless....." was, they'd learn to stop doing it

:dafuq:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Craig K posted:

:ironicat:

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Craig K posted:

Feedback: this sounded way more own and epic in your head than it actually is lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

feedback: give everyone buttons, an armed society is a polite society