Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Monday beta is here and looks like no real changes to any characters. Hydro traveler got marginal QoL interrupt resistance, Lynette got a... buff? Nerf? Targeting buff? Ok :geno:

Other than that, looks like the "bond of life" craftable sword and catalyst got a little duration buff, from 12s to 15s. Nice if you've got a field hogger like Yanfei or a non-snapshotter like Xingqiu using them, but it's overall not really a big deal, they're solid either way.

Like them a lot for f2p weapons actually, I'm probably gonna end up giving the sword to Ayato and the catalyst to Ningguang. Never really believed in forcing full compatibility, even a weenie like Ning still gets ~30% elemental damage bonus with normal gear.

The only other one that got a buff was the battlepass claymore. The one that gives you bonuses if you're affected by elements. What a weird weapon! I wonder if being affected by elements includes stuff like the auras you get from Benny and Dori's bursts, or the quick hits of self-application some shielders do when you swap from them. It might actually be very strong in some situation, even with just a Benny baseline it's a ton of raw stats (tho less than serpent spine). Wonder if there's gonna be new characters like Razor that self-apply element.

That Sacrificial catalyst (yeah, it really ahould have been called something else...) also got its EM stuff reduced and HP stuff increased. Utterly inscrutable. Its existance kind of implies that there are gonna be upcoming characters that... do talent damage from off-field, based on HP, but also care about EM?? Who are the upcoming catalysts again? Neuvillette and Charlotte? Seaslug girl? Maybe one of these is a childe-esque enabler that wants to start off a rotation with a big forward vape/melt. But they're off-field, and possibly focused on their elemental skill, based on the new artifact sets? Might be interesting.

Hopefully it's not supposed to be a Baizhu weapon because that's dumb and I wouldn't even craft one for him if it were a craftable :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
We joke about xiangling being the spear archon but Beidou is the secret claymore archon. In a post-dendro world she uses every stat and can even self-apply elements! But serpent spine forever op.

Lyney is unfortunately not looking nearly as good as tighnari either in fun or in total comp power levels. But Yelan is running alongside him, so maybe thats not the worst thing...

No Wave fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Jul 10, 2023

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Beidou is a special character that deletes herself from my mind the moment I stop thinking about her :)

But its true that every time anything claymore is mentioned serpent spine is always the default. I wonder if the old weapons are gonna be completely replaced? Unlike lots of things in genshin the bp weapons are exclusively purchased, and I can't see anyone buying this one over a serp spine.

Lyney, I don't think he's ever gonna be exceptional. There are too many enemies with innate elements. His final numbers are gonna be balanced for his talent, it's just too big a boost to ignore. Once his designated punching bag enemies are gone there's gonna be little reason to use him (outside of fun). If Lyney/Yelan banner ends up being true I'm gonna be a little tempted to pull for a Yelan con while chasing whatever 4 stars are there.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Please tell me Lynette is good

And Charlotte

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

She's fine. One of those characters that you're not gonna be actively using because of how strong they are, but if you like them you can just use them normally and it's fine. Like Kaeya, or Yanfei.

Charlotte will not be joining us in 4.0, please understand

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
I'll pull for Lyney cuz mono pyro is fun and that's about it.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

MoonCrab posted:

Beidou is a special character that deletes herself from my mind the moment I stop thinking about her :)

Beidou is a great burst support with no home. If we ever get a 5* focused hard on EC she's going to come out swinging.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Kirara basically

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Meowywitch posted:

Please tell me Lynette is good

And Charlotte

Some of the leaks are saying we'll get a free Lynette, just like we got a free Collei in 3.0. She'll be mandatory for some fights because of the new Oussia/Pnuema system we're getting.

Charlotte should be good just because she'll be the first cryo catalyst. At least, early leaks said she used a catalyst, but early leaks have been wrong before because the characters get reworked a lot before release.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

She's supposedly cryo Baizhu so evaluate if that's good or bad based on how you think of Baizhu. :v:

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
So far this mechanic of losing/gaining health so that you can immediately gain/lose the same amount feels uninspired. Lynette's kit doesn't appear to even have an internal reason for it being part of her E.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Cryo is already doing well on shields and heals, so I guess they would be trying to coast on her being a swiss army knife.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

gandlethorpe posted:

So far this mechanic of losing/gaining health so that you can immediately gain/lose the same amount feels uninspired. Lynette's kit doesn't appear to even have an internal reason for it being part of her E.

Corrosion 2.0, to push specifically healers who heal the entire party.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Eimi posted:

She's supposedly cryo Baizhu so evaluate if that's good or bad based on how you think of Baizhu. :v:

Where is this from? I don't see it anywhere...

But also a cryo Baizhu would be so utterly different from Baizhu that they're pretty much incomparable. She'd basically be stuck as a support for physical electros or maybe a flex sustain for non-freeze cryo Shenhe teams. Or like, a hyperfridge goober :(

I hope this isn't what her kit ends up being.

Edit: Wait actually a flex sustain hyperfridge/cryo burgeon goober might be pretty decent, hmmm....

Mailer posted:

Beidou is a great burst support with no home. If we ever get a 5* focused hard on EC she's going to come out swinging.

I was thinking of trying out some Beidou stuff with Alhaitham which seemed to be super solid, but since I never actually got him and all other genshin TC is merely a figment of my imagination I guess I'll never know. People in general are pretty spooked about cutting her personal damage, so they're hesitant to build her with more ER/run her without a battery. Which is a shame, since she legit starts to get tons of support potential starting at C2. Like it's not exactly the same but imagine if people never built Xingqiu with max 150 er and refused to run him without Yelan, thats kinda where Beidou is now. Not that an electro will ever be the same as a hydro, of course :<:

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

MoonCrab posted:

Where is this from? I don't see it anywhere...

But also a cryo Baizhu would be so utterly different from Baizhu that they're pretty much incomparable. She'd basically be stuck as a support for physical electros or maybe a flex sustain for non-freeze cryo Shenhe teams. Or like, a hyperfridge goober :(

I hope this isn't what her kit ends up being.

Edit: Wait actually a flex sustain hyperfridge/cryo burgeon goober might be pretty decent, hmmm....

I was thinking of trying out some Beidou stuff with Alhaitham which seemed to be super solid, but since I never actually got him and all other genshin TC is merely a figment of my imagination I guess I'll never know. People in general are pretty spooked about cutting her personal damage, so they're hesitant to build her with more ER/run her without a battery. Which is a shame, since she legit starts to get tons of support potential starting at C2. Like it's not exactly the same but imagine if people never built Xingqiu with max 150 er and refused to run him without Yelan, thats kinda where Beidou is now. Not that an electro will ever be the same as a hydro, of course :<:

It was from leaks long before Leakapalooza, just a random hint to her kit and they were the person who said she was catalyst. :shrug:

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Dang, I actually kinda really want a cryo catalyst flex sustain now. Opinion instantly flipped lol

Eimi posted:

It was from leaks long before Leakapalooza, just a random hint to her kit and they were the person who said she was catalyst. :shrug:

If quoting my entire post is a ploy to get me to stop longposting, it won't work. I will never stop longposting.

But if I'm being honest that entire era of leaks feels so subject to change, I don't really give it too much thought (also I forgot, oops). Guess we'll see in a couple months

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

MoonCrab posted:

People in general are pretty spooked about cutting her personal damage, so they're hesitant to build her with more ER/run her without a battery. Which is a shame, since she legit starts to get tons of support potential starting at C2.

She owned for that brief time that hyper fish was a thing, and definitely owned in Kaz's abyss, because she's good. There just (on an account with lots of options) isn't some really good team where Beidou is the obvious answer. If we ever see Mihoyo turn its gaze towards EC that's going to change really fast.

ssmagus
Apr 2, 2010
Assmagus, LPer ass-traordinaire
Beidou still has the big problem of C6 needing her on-field and in melee range, pointless fact if not c6 but really annoying if she is

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

ssmagus posted:

Beidou still has the big problem of C6 needing her on-field and in melee range, pointless fact if not c6 but really annoying if she is
There's no way... are you sure?

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
Beidou c6 is really short but it does work off field.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5jddxq8lc4

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Phew I was scared. I've liked Cyno+Beidou for a long time and if that didn't work I'd feel pretty dumb!

Kale
May 14, 2010

Just finished Alhaithams quest last night. Guys basically a Vulcan or something. Also retroactively got introduced to Kaveh but thats what I get for dawdling and having to use the fast start on the last handful of events.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Beidou is very good on a Spread team with Alhaitham at least.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Beidou is one of the individually coolest characters we've met in the entire game and it's a shame she's both mechanically and narratively sidelined. Although at least she's got the team in the above post and isn't, like, a physical damage carry or something.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Her spread teams are straight up good the issue is those comps are always one hydro unit away from hyperbloom and hyperbloom is imba. I use beidou a lot, she's imo by far the strongest of the characters no one uses.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Kale posted:

Just finished Alhaithams quest last night. Guys basically a Vulcan or something. Also retroactively got introduced to Kaveh but thats what I get for dawdling and having to use the fast start on the last handful of events.

Alhaitham would absolutely fit in with Tuvok. It's a big part of why he's great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQVDNX1e5ic

Eimi fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Jul 11, 2023

franks
Jan 1, 2007

Alcoholism is the only
disease you can get
yelled at for having.
I used Beidou enough to get friendship 10 with her, but as mentioned above, then I got Nahida and hyperbloom is insane. She’s still my go to claymore though

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Layla acquired without having to max out everything in HydroDisney, which is good. Now to take laps around the Aeonblight Drake for a bit.

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

Beidou has a weird niche in that the optimal situation for her damage is when you're aoeing exactly 2 targets, where generally every other character is either single target focused, or scales with a larger number of targets. Anyway that's kinda relevant right now because it makes her great vs the sacred beast duos at the end of the current abyss.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I like Beidou because she's the coolest character.

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

Mordiceius posted:

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Mordiceius posted:

this is the correct take

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

beidous objectively a very good unit its just that she isnt that good in hyperbloom and hyperbloom is insanely overtuned.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Beidou is literally the character that drew me to Genshin to begin with and I spent the first year of playing with her as my on-field main. Beidou is cool.

I was hoping Dehya would be equally cool but both in gameplay and characterization, I found myself somewhat disappointed.

Beidou still reigns supreme.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
I really like beidou with Alha, fish, yaoyao/kirara/baizu setup, probably my favorite new team since sumeru release. I've been running it in almost every abyss for months, it can brute force almost any enemy composition, regardless of shields or damage resistance. Alha does a lot of the heavy lifting there but beidou ult's stagger/damage resistance help a lot with Alha's common problems.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
I ran Beidou on my Sucrose taser team for a while. That team was fun. But now whenever I need an electro I just slot in Raiden or Fischl :effort:

I should break her back out tho

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
I ran Beidou for a long while (I think she and Mona work well together), but then I pulled Raiden and didn't look back

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
My main issue with using Beidou in spread/aggravate is the downtime on her burst and energy requirements. The 5 second hold over feels like forever, especially when Alhaitham is still going strong, and you pretty much need a second electro to help meet the ER requirements. Spread not triggering Oz makes him feel like a lack luster option. I've been running Yae with Alhaitham, and it flows pretty seamlessly. I know 4 star vs 5 star.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

i like everything about Beidou except her gameplay :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Got Kazuha last patch and was on 20 pulls, no 50/50. Thought I’d chuck in some wishes since I didn’t have Mika and could use Faruzan constellations, and I was nowhere near soft pity.

Anyway with 2x10 I got one Faruzan, one Razor, two Thoma and Klee.

I don’t think I’ve pulled a 5* outside of soft pity, sort of forgot it could happen.

What do you do with a Klee, I haven’t planned for this at all.