Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

MrMojok posted:

I remember seeing people on there demonstrating by tweeting something like “Help support, I lost my Instagram account. I need this on a t-shirt, for when I use mushrooms. Please help me get my bitcoin wallet back” and within seconds dozens of them would reply.

I just posted this on my Twitter with zero followers. I got a like and retweet in 8 seconds. LOL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009

BrassRoots posted:

I believe they run off sim cards, not the phones themselves. Buncha photos were circulating last year from ukraine as they wrapped up the russian funded troll farms.

I've seen both, maybe the older ones used loads of phones but they've since switched to the SIM card only setups.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.

They are probably still salty from back when they were banned of whatsapp.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

No. 6 posted:

I just posted this on my Twitter with zero followers. I got a like and retweet in 8 seconds. LOL

It should also result in numerous bots telling you to email someone who is very “good and trustworthy” who can recover your insta, someone who will mail you mushrooms, someone who will offer you a t-shirt with that tweet on it, probably someone who wants to sell you a gun, and numerous crypto hawker bots.

Or at least it used to.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

:catdrugs:

drat and here I thought I discovered it first when I sat on the PiP remote button as a kid. What year is Musky living in?

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

MrMojok posted:

I remember seeing people on there demonstrating by tweeting something like “Help support, I lost my Instagram account. I need this on a t-shirt, for when I use mushrooms. Please help me get my bitcoin wallet back” and within seconds dozens of them would reply.

or maybe this is an "all my apes gone" thing and i've never bothered to look into it

either way no one over there seems to care, if they're not actively encouraging it

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
Not only is the switch to a different metric waving a huge sign saying "we're getting destroyed on traditional metrics so I'm blaming bots", but the metric he managed to find to prop up his ego sounds like nothing more than a measure of how much your user base is slavishly addicted to your platform. I would imagine OANN would kill every cable news network by this metric because the users who watch OANN have OANN on literally 24 hours per day.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
love too post on twitter.com the premier social media site for scammers, nazis, and literally the taliban

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Wacky waving inflatable penile implant goon man

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

My god I knew, but didn't realize how bad the scamming on Twitter was. That is plum fuckered right there.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
buying twitter blue to support the elon penis surgery fund

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
theyre not all bad. there used to be one where if your tweet mentioned "george bush" a bot would automatically retweet you saying that he did 9/11

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

:rip: Comrade Eatshitbot

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Decrepus posted:

Wacky waving inflatable penile implant goon man

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
"WE'RE FLOUNDERING!"

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
can't wait to see what the team comes up with lol

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

It’s funny seeing him try to bail out the boat by making fewer people do more faster; when he’s entirely reacting to self-inflicted holes in the boat that he made himself

“WORK HARDER TO COUNTERACT THE INSANE DECISIONS I MADE”

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

To all employees,

Do better work.

Sincerely,
Elon the Memelord

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

lmao

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
Elon is pushing the big “More Features” button but nothing is happening.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

DO SOMETHING!

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

"If you can tell me why you should keep your job without using the letter E....lon, you won't be fired."
"Ookkk....Twitter is a good....Elon?"

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I'm certain pushing through new features faster will definitely not risk the very functional platform.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

They can't even give the employees a pizza party. Best they got is a tea party. smdh

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

time for round two of employees posting pics of their office sleeping rig?

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Ahhh, more features. That’s what will bring people back to a nazi reply guy cesspool.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

everyone is leaving for the site with fewer features, has twitter considered trying to remove features to keep up?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
What have we got that's still getting positive engagement? People who've been kicked off everywhere else? Great! Promote whatever they're doing.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Besides Tucker has anyone signed a Twitter exclusive deal? I’ll bet it’ll just end up with Elon asking popular content creators to move to him without a payment system still

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

The new feature will be Spirit Halloween moving into Twitter's offices.

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

It's someone's job to deliver snapshots of cumulative user minutes, or CUM shots, to Elon every morning. If he doesn't have a CUM shot in his face as soon as he arrives in the office, he'll start pounding on his desk demanding "CUM SHOTS! WHO IS GOING TO GIVE ME MY CUM SHOTS??"

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i wonder what the masterbatedone CUM score is compared to twitter

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

bobjr posted:

Besides Tucker has anyone signed a Twitter exclusive deal? I’ll bet it’ll just end up with Elon asking popular content creators to move to him without a payment system still

I highly doubt Tucket signed anything. Carlson is an autocratic boot-licker and probably did it for free with Musk promising to give him ad revenue, which will ultimately turn out to be a lie as his Twitter show is collapsing.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

gschmidl posted:

I'll give him this one thing, from just before he died (by which time he had toned down and even regretted some of his repulsive views), and yes it was after Democrats and Republicans switched party lines:

It's actually really tragic what happened with Lovecraft. Guy's... fear of basically everything, was the product of a really lovely upbringing. His dad was committed to sanitariums and died when he was young, his mom became a really awful helicopter parent, he was committed too in like high school after a nervous breakdown - and then his mom was also committed and died too. And he lived the rest of his life with like severely undiagnosed and untreated anxiety.

There was a really sad letter he wrote near the end of his life where he basically said he was still child in his 30s, and that he had to do all of his growing up then because that's when he actually started doing things like 'going outside' or 'making friends'.

He was basically a proto-goon, if you think about it.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Has Tucker's show materialised as something of substance?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Bad Purchase posted:

everyone is leaving for the site with fewer features, has twitter considered trying to remove features to keep up?

Block and report features now removed. Thank you for your feedback.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i hope they launch another presidental campaign directly into the ground using their excellent audio chat feature