Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Craig K posted:

my gbs feedback is that you would think after 25 years of example of how bad an idea giving buttons to "wouldn't it be funny if i had buttons! ha ha! unless....." was, they'd learn to stop doing it

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

feedback: this dude is the new nom epique, lets get him a thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Smugworth posted:

Also the n-word forum is there too

lmao at this

for fucks sake
Jan 23, 2016

feedback: there's some good threads in gbs for example the pig balls thread the piss thread and the poo poo thread

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

there was a great thread about penis, butts and boobs not long ago

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

there was a great thread about penis, butts and boobs not long ago
Sadly too horny to live.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

for fucks sake posted:

feedback: there's some good threads in gbs for example the pig balls thread the piss thread and the poo poo thread

also the eggs thread, the olives thread, the beans thread and the corn thread

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

:hmmyes:
In this order

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

Sadly, our resident forums superstar is currently taking a sabbatical. There are plenty of Wizard Master and Pencilhands threads to peruse in their absence, however!

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

MrQwerty posted:

Sadly, our resident forums superstar is currently taking a sabbatical. There are plenty of Wizard Master and Pencilhands threads to peruse in their absence, however!

Don't forget the lovely posts of Duck and Cover!

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
I'm concerned people may get turned off by seeing GBS, and never get around to visiting the ironic racism and rape threat forums :(

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Drone_Fragger posted:

Man walks into therapists office.
"Doc, im depressed, gbs is full of posts i think are bad, i cant sleep, i cant eat, nothing helps".
Doc goes "Ah! Common problem with a simple solution, if the bad posts are upsetting you, simply don't read them. Then you'll feel better"
Man bursts into tears, "But doctor! I'm the one posting them"

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

for fucks sake posted:

There are great threads that can go on forever (pig balls), and there are great threads with a shelf life (grover sub). We've gotta be better at cutting threads like the latter off when the getting is good. Letting them go on forever makes them unfunny, tired, and it becomes extremely hard to justify a goldmine entry.

No one really cares about goldmined threads, I realize, but the sub thread was living in the moment of the event as it happened and since then it's been however many weeks of "HAH they're still dead!" dunks and I just don't think that's as funny, billionaires/grifters or no.

Edit: and yes I say this as someone who posted quite a bit in the everest threads in the past. I don't anymore? Maybe I'm the weirdo.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

merge the rush limbaugh and groversub threads into a rush is still dead megathread

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Afaik the original sub thread was goldmined as soon as the saga concluded, and the current one was made specifically for unfunny shitposting, preempting your concern

But sure, crush it if you want to, it's not going to be a loss.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

the current sub thread yearns to be gassed

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Shinjobi posted:

There are great threads that can go on forever (pig balls), and there are great threads with a shelf life (grover sub). We've gotta be better at cutting threads like the latter off when the getting is good. Letting them go on forever makes them unfunny, tired, and it becomes extremely hard to justify a goldmine entry.

No one really cares about goldmined threads, I realize, but the sub thread was living in the moment of the event as it happened and since then it's been however many weeks of "HAH they're still dead!" dunks and I just don't think that's as funny, billionaires/grifters or no.

Edit: and yes I say this as someone who posted quite a bit in the everest threads in the past. I don't anymore? Maybe I'm the weirdo.

tbh the sub thread is probably outliving its shelf-life because the next big thing we're ever going to see from it is (likely) in a year or two when they conclude on what happened in the implosion event. There's not a lot more comedy to get squeezed out of that one, as things stand.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

most threads are never gassed or goldmined, they just fade away to the hinterlands to be bumped 2 years later for no reason, and that’s the way it should remain

gassing is only necessary if a thread is actually a problem, which groversub is not, it’s just a bit boring with no news, and if left alone nature will take its course soon enough

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Bad Purchase posted:

most threads are never gassed or goldmined, they just fade away to the hinterlands to be bumped 2 years later for no reason, and that’s the way it should remain

gassing is only necessary if a thread is actually a problem, which groversub is not, it’s just a bit boring with no news, and if left alone nature will take its course soon enough

Normally I’d agree but it’s caused enough drama that I think it this case it needs to be put down

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Slugworth posted:

I'm concerned people may get turned off by seeing GBS, and never get around to visiting the ironic racism and rape threat forums :(

e:

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Normally I’d agree but it’s caused enough drama that I think it this case it needs to be put down

i think if we wait enough it will just sink to the bottom of the listing where it belongs. we are feeling the pressure now for it to deliver, but yeah i dont think we can find any diamonds in the rough in this new iteration

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Just wanted to point out we only have 4 stickied threads. Another Official GBS Feedback thread v 2.1 success story. Thank you, working hard!

Thank you Trash Mammal. Welcome to dog world b*tch*s

THIS SHOWSTOPPING SIGGY MADE BY journeyman SIGSMITH Luvcow

https://i.imgur.com/EebjYYe.mp4
THIS SHOWSTOPPING SIGGY MADE BY MASTER SIGSMITH Literally A Person

Official height endorsed by a medical professional: 5'11.5"

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

GBS moderators marching towards the needle disposal site, arms linked and skipping merrily belting out the chorus to "LMFAO - Shots ft. Lil Jon"

UKJeff
May 17, 2023

by vyelkin
Feedback: ungas the Jonah Hill thread, it was just getting good :mad:

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

can i start a support group thread for guys who are very accepting of their gf disrobing to have their body parts measured regularly with their coach at his house (really not bothered by it btw), or would that be too similar to the gassed thread?

UKJeff
May 17, 2023

by vyelkin
Moderators are covering for sexual abusers by gassing the Jonah Hill thread.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

UKJeff posted:

Feedback: ungas the Jonah Hill thread, it was just getting good :mad:

Could anything have topped someone being accepting of their gf disrobing to have their body parts measured regularly with their coach at his house (really not bothered by it btw)?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Eagerly anticipating the “why not done?” calls for a permaban for a post from two hours ago

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
We don't need freaks like that on our site! I am incensed at the Mod Wall of Silence!

Please demod everyone as this is a no-brainer.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i've been assured that Jonah Hill's permaban is queued

:sweep:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
That freak posted an image macro in 2011!!! The signs were there all along!!!

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

oops

Toxic Mental fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Jul 11, 2023

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

Shinjobi posted:

Could anything have topped someone being accepting of their gf disrobing to have their body parts measured regularly with their coach at his house (really not bothered by it btw)?

it took me forever to parse that story with all the (asides (and asides to the asides)) so I'm still not entirely sure why they broke up, I may never know

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Steadiman posted:

it took me forever to parse that story with all the (asides (and asides to the asides)) so I'm still not entirely sure why they broke up, I may never know

The way I understood it they broke up because the gf kept complaining about her friend’s lunky boyfriend.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Goons, be hunks and not lunks.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
I'm a big dumb dumb bozo and I smell my own farts

Somebody fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Jul 12, 2023

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Do you get really hard from probing yourself over and over lol

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Oh no, please stop getting yourselves probated, I’m so owned I can’t take anymore

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Oh no, please stop getting yourselves probated, I’m so owned I can’t take anymore

At what point does it become a banme when you're probating yourself over stupid poo poo multiple times a week

Wendigee fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Jul 12, 2023

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
You can't strike them down, they'll become more.powerful than ever.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Wendigee posted:

At what point does it become a banme when you're probating yourself over stupid poo poo multiple times a week

They have to do it to themselves it’s what gets the mods off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

FilthyImp posted:

You can't strike them down, they'll become more.powerful than ever.

Lol sux and arf have gone super Saiyan then