Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Inspector Gesicht posted:

That Yiga trap at the outskirt stable was so baldly obvious that I just felt sorry for them.

Runcible Cat posted:

The one at the coliseum under the woods was adorable. A cunning trail of bananas and at the end - a hinox! Eeek! I'm doomed!

And yet you fell into their traps anyway. Who's the real idiots here :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!

Runcible Cat posted:

Argh.

I could just let her sick husband continue being sick, go finish the Fire Temple then jump up and down on Ganon's head of course, but...

The nearby Gleeok dropped guts right after talking to her, so I started wondering if they fixed the odds for that scenario. Guess not, if you tried that one already

HOMOEROTIC JESUS
Apr 19, 2018

Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Looking at the numbers maxing out the battery sounds like a massive grind in an already grindy and padded game.

It's not grindy! Just do what I did and spend 10 hours killing literally every single boss in the Depths. You even get cool medals for it.

Seriously though, I enjoyed myself the whole time. But don't do it if it doesn't sound fun to you haha

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

HOMOEROTIC JESUS posted:

It's not grindy! Just do what I did and spend 10 hours killing literally every single boss in the Depths. You even get cool medals for it.

Seriously though, I enjoyed myself the whole time. But don't do it if it doesn't sound fun to you haha

I considered doing the boss challenges and then the guy was like Oh only 66 Taluses left! and I mentally peaced out. We'll see how burnt out I am after finishing caves and Addisons

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Froxes are the most pitiful world bosses, with the big obvious "shoot here to stun me" eye of a Hinox, the big chunky weak points of a Talus, and their defense mechanism is to throw you in the air so you can bullet time shoot a bomb arrow down their big dumb vacuum gullet, stunning them again and repeating the cycle until it dies.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Asterite34 posted:

bullet time shoot a bomb arrow down their big dumb vacuum gullet

lmao I don't know why this didn't occur to me. I've been hovering over the mouth and dropping bombs but it fails constantly because the Frox will inevitably decide it wants to eat one of my ghost babies instead

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Now try it with dazzlefruit, it's even faster

HOMOEROTIC JESUS
Apr 19, 2018

Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.

Poque posted:

I considered doing the boss challenges and then the guy was like Oh only 66 Taluses left! and I mentally peaced out. We'll see how burnt out I am after finishing caves and Addisons

I also had that same feeling when first looking at the Taluses haha

"78 Taluses left? Oh gently caress no"

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

I’m one battery short of maxed out and I didn’t grind it at all. I got all the light roots and hit most of the mines and Yiga camps. I haven’t fought all the repeat big bosses or all the wild mini bosses.

Edit: added more

Out of the list of grinds I think these are the achievements from least to most brain worms:
Beat the game
All regional phenomena
All gleoglyphs
All kohga fights
All stable quests
All shrines
All schema stones
All light roots
All battery
All sages wills
All side quests
All Yiga schematics
All armor
All Addisons
All stable points (not difficult but who cares)
All wells
All bubbulfrogs
All Monster Hunt bosses
All glider fabrics
Full compendium
All armor level 4
All Koroks
Doing the 3 rolling ball shrine legit

space uncle fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Jul 11, 2023

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I did the 3 rolling ball shrine legit.

It might have taken me upwards of an hour, but I did it.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Second try :frogc00l:

(definitely not the exception amidst a sea of shrines in which I am confused by the most basic gameplay concepts)

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

Yeah I did three balls legit in about five minutes, took three or four tries at the last ramp. Y'all need to get gud

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
The only reason it took me so long was that I couldn't get the start position and angle right to start rolling so it kept going off right before the target, and then I overthought it and kept thinking the intended order was L-S-M rather than L-M-S.

Manoueverable fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Jul 11, 2023

HOMOEROTIC JESUS
Apr 19, 2018

:hmmyes: added some things

Normal Human Tier
Beat the game
All regional phenomena
All tower maps
All gleoglyphs
Got the Master Sword
All kohga fights
All stable quests
All Purah Pad upgrades
Rebuilt Lurelin

Completionist Tier
All shrines
All secret weapons
All schema stones
All light roots
All battery
All sages wills
All side quests
All Yiga schematics
All armor

Okay, Give It a Break, Buddy Tier
All wells
All bubbulfrogs
All Monster Hunt bosses

My Goals Are Beyond Your Understanding Tier
All Addisons
All glider fabrics
Full compendium
All armor level 4
All Koroks

HOMOEROTIC JESUS fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Jul 11, 2023

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

Captain Hygiene posted:

Second try :frogc00l:

(definitely not the exception amidst a sea of shrines in which I am confused by the most basic gameplay concepts)

I had to look up the solution to one shrine because I didn't recognize the upside down flame pillars were flame pillars and thought I had to ascend through them.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I still don't know what the intended solution to the second part of Forward Force is supposed to be and I think that's one of about a half-dozen shrines I cheesed.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

I think Addison belongs in the final tier. At least wells and bubbulfrogs are detectable.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Manoueverable posted:

I still don't know what the intended solution to the second part of Forward Force is supposed to be and I think that's one of about a half-dozen shrines I cheesed.

you’re supposed to attach a wheel to the side of the platform and a board to the wheel to make a paddle

HOMOEROTIC JESUS
Apr 19, 2018

Runcible Cat posted:

I think Addison belongs in the final tier. At least wells and bubbulfrogs are detectable.

You know, I agree. Fixed.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Augus posted:

you’re supposed to attach a wheel to the side of the platform and a board to the wheel to make a paddle

Oh god dammit and then you do the same thing to move it across the water, I just realized that now :ughh:

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

HOMOEROTIC JESUS posted:

:hmmyes: added some things

Normal Human Tier
Beat the game
All regional phenomena
All tower maps
All gleoglyphs
Got the Master Sword
All kohga fights
All stable quests
All Purah Pad upgrades
Rebuilt Lurelin

Completionist Tier
All shrines
All secret weapons
All schema stones
All light roots
All battery
All sages wills
All side quests
All Yiga schematics
All armor

All wells
All bubbulfrogs
All Monster Hunt bosses

My Goals Are Beyond Your Understanding Tier
All Addisons
All glider fabrics
Full compendium
All armor level 4
All Koroks

This list looks reasonable to me. I did everything under normal human, except for one or two purah pad upgrades. Think I even got what I needed for them, but didn't bother turning the quest in.

I don't think I found the 3 balls shrine, but the worst shrine is the one where the solution is to get hit by a laser beam trap which drops you through a trapdoor with no indication whatsoever that's what you're supposed to do.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Secret to three ball shrine is use two balls

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

Mymla posted:

I don't think I found the 3 balls shrine, but the worst shrine is the one where the solution is to get hit by a laser beam trap which drops you through a trapdoor with no indication whatsoever that's what you're supposed to do.

It's called Courage to Fall...

Also who doesn't trigger the laser traps just to see what happens?

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I probably wouldn't have gotten that laser one without the hint. Most of the time solutions are pretty obvious but occasionally the names are a lifesaver

broken pixel
Dec 16, 2011

I’ll die mad about Courage to Fall because the first laser trap straight up kills you so I assumed the laser traps weren’t the solution! Definitely not my fault.

:colbert:

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Also because that was my first encounter with laser beam traps and they were so mind numbing easy to avoid, I didn't even think about them.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

PittTheElder posted:

Why would you think getting hit by a laser causes you to fall and not just take damage?

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Yeah, that one was a bit tricky. I discovered the solution on accident after running around for a bit trying to figure out what I was supposed to do. Maybe if they started the temple with a laser array that couldn’t be avoided and made something harmless happen, followed by the death trap, followed by the one that needed to be triggered, it could work better. Still requires courage to trigger the trap after seeing the death trap, but this way it shows that these are trip lasers and not just damage lasers.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
i levitated a bundle of wood into the lasers to see what would happen

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

Mymla posted:

Why would you think getting hit by a laser causes you to fall and not just take damage?

Aren't there several such traps throughout the game? As I recall the Wind Temple has one you're likely to encounter quite early.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tw3sjs0ftyk

New glitches let you infinite jump and have infinite durability bow

Apparently these glitches were introduced in 1.2.0 and don’t happen in earlier versions

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

PittTheElder posted:

Aren't there several such traps throughout the game? As I recall the Wind Temple has one you're likely to encounter quite early.

Early? I did the wind temple third :v:

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

HOMOEROTIC JESUS posted:

All wells
All bubbulfrogs
All Monster Hunt bosses

It comes down to motivation for me. The well lady has a neat if slightly offbeat hobby so I definitely want to help her out and chat about wells. Addison strikes me as one of those weirdos who are obsessed with CEOs so I'll help him when I see him because I enjoy the puzzle and I want the poor guy to go inside. Koltin just freaks me out so the less I have to talk to him the better.

Now that I've finished the game I think I'm going to actively do the monster hunt to get some more exploration in, and I'm sure that'll lead to other stuff on the list getting done at the same time. Just looking for wells led me to so many Korok seeds, Hudson signs and other things I somehow missed. I'm at around 600 Korok seeds by just checking out anything that catches my eye while travelling. I don't get people who are mad about how "grindy" the game is when they're just trying to max stuff out and do lists as fast as possible just for the sake of being a completionist. You don't have to do it if you don't want to!

Is there actually a point where you don't get stable points any more? I figured after getting the 50% off discount you just get a rotation of veggies so I started using my huge stockpile of sleepover tickets.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

PittTheElder posted:

I triggered it by accident and gave myself and the designers a pat on the back for figuring I would do that running around.

They seem to anticipate a lot of my moves like kismet so when I start getting frustrated and want to pop my head out of a cave or something and land in the perfect location of an upper cave or whatever the case may be I just call it all planned in advance for the severely experienced (and old) Zelda player.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

I really liked the 3 ball one, it took me a while but I managed it with the L-S-M combo. I got to the shrine where you have to do something similar with ice over spikes and was happy about being able to do some curling in a Zelda game. I was expecting it to take a while to do the bonus part for the chest where you have to curve it around a bend; on one try the rock didn't quite reach the end and got stuck so a new one wasn't spawning. I fired a bomb arrow at it to knock it into the void and was so disappointed when the explosion triggered the target switch.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Coxswain Balls posted:

I really liked the 3 ball one, it took me a while but I managed it with the L-S-M combo. I got to the shrine where you have to do something similar with ice over spikes and was happy about being able to do some curling in a Zelda game. I was expecting it to take a while to do the bonus part for the chest where you have to curve it around a bend; on one try the rock didn't quite reach the end and got stuck so a new one wasn't spawning. I fired a bomb arrow at it to knock it into the void and was so disappointed when the explosion triggered the target switch.

That one was a real bastard until I realized you can hit the ice block with Recall while it's sliding near the goal to halt all its forward momentum and have it just gently slide downhill, no bank-shot needed

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Asterite34 posted:

That one was a real bastard until I realized you can hit the ice block with Recall while it's sliding near the goal to halt all its forward momentum and have it just gently slide downhill, no bank-shot needed

But where's the fun in that!

Manoueverable posted:

Oh god dammit and then you do the same thing to move it across the water, I just realized that now :ughh:

You can use paddles for that? I tried that for my first attempt and it... didn't go well

I found this way to be much more elegant

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

I just found Oakie's room.

Um... it's kind of sweet and all but WTF?

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

What is the name of the "three ball shrine"? I remember a shrine with three balls you need to fuse together in different ways to be able to jump across a series of gaps, but it doesn't sound like the one people mean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Coxswain Balls posted:

But where's the fun in that!

You can use paddles for that? I tried that for my first attempt and it... didn't go well

:v:
I did it with one board on each side, centered on the outside of the wheels. It flops bit but works fine. Your second solution is much cleverer, though.