Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Eason the Fifth posted:

P. Sure pennywise lives here

that's the fight club house

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

A Bad King posted:

I don't know why they call Florida that. Even now, in TYOOL 2023 it's unbearably hot for the best months of the year; you can't even swim in the hot tub of a gulf or enjoy your backyard as the humidity dominates every decision-tree. Plus the whole, "not-habitable" thing in 20 years.

why would you call them the best months of the year then

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the last time I was in Florida it was February and it was completely unbearable . the entire state should be a nature preserve below Jacksonville

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

oh got it

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

euphronius posted:

the last time I was in Florida it was February and it was completely unbearable . the entire state should be a nature preserve below Jacksonville

Jacksonville and the rest of the First Coast oughta be jettisoned too.

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.
And you don't lay money down.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?

Jenny Agutter posted:

why would you call them the best months of the year then

June/July/August, the kids are free from their obligations and ought to enjoy their world while they can, before poo poo rolls over them.

Concerts, hobby expos, farmer's markets, beaches, bike rides, trampoline parks, green spaces, fireworks, sidewalk sales, neighborhood festivals, gardens, rock climbing, hiking, skateboarding, basketball, baseball, throwing rocks at police cars, bird watching, bird feeding, enlightened birdmen revolutionary activities, and a billion other things not involving an air conditioner. Summer should be freedom.

Florida has ???????????????

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
lol trampoline parks

literally every adult I've know who's held an event at one of those places is responsible for one of their friends completely wrecking a part of their body with lifelong effects as a result.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

i am harry posted:

that’s right some were black during a time of redlining

as well as single women back when mortgagors preferred to underwrite men & couples

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

lol trampoline parks

literally every adult I've know who's held an event at one of those places is responsible for one of their friends completely wrecking a part of their body with lifelong effects as a result.

apply cold compress to olds' body parts and keep bouncing into the Anthropocene.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

lol trampoline parks

my spouse works in rehab and we forbid our kid going to one due to the poo poo she’s seen.

also since I’ve had back surgery, a trampoline would rupture my spinal discs

sonatinas has issued a correction as of 17:16 on Jul 11, 2023

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1835-Baymiller-St-Cincinnati-OH-45214/2056603343_zpid/

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3b7oNYf22s&t=23s

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

ngl there's something a little too on the nose about the useless hgtv kitchen island going where the altar used to be

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
The interior is fine, but gently caress them for painting it black. Also the utilities on all that interior space must be hideous.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

I would totally live there if it was 1.5 mil cheaper and not in cinci

The Oldest Man posted:

ngl there's something a little too on the nose about the useless hgtv kitchen island going where the altar used to be

do you not cook or something? it's a massive space so there's enough room for it. I'd kill for that amount of counter space on an island

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

A Bad King posted:

Florida is pricing in their future a bit too slowly. I hope Aquaman has enough running liquid capital to buy up all those homes.

nothing has more liquidity than the ocean

those houses are safe

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Cincinnati is not a bad place to be imho. lots of service jobs, universities, water, elevation

too bad it’s full of Ohioans I guess

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?
https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/237-Prairie-Ave_Highwood_IL_60040_M85270-69001?from=srp-list-card

It's so cute, but not half a million cute. A coach house for the in-laws (cheap daycare!). Shame it's next to a major throughway. Also....

That kitchen's wide-angle shot is doing a lot of work...

A 7' wide bedroom beside the car port. Let's put grandma there.

Another 10'x10' bedroom you walk into via the unfinished basement/water reclamation tank.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I don’t mind houses being close but that house is really close to the next one

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

A Bad King posted:

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/237-Prairie-Ave_Highwood_IL_60040_M85270-69001?from=srp-list-card

It's so cute, but not half a million cute. A coach house for the in-laws (cheap daycare!). Shame it's next to a major throughway. Also....

That kitchen's wide-angle shot is doing a lot of work...

A 7' wide bedroom beside the car port. Let's put grandma there.

Another 10'x10' bedroom you walk into via the unfinished basement/water reclamation tank.

theres no kitchen in that floorplan??

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

from the cincy church house

nice rug

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?

anime was right posted:

theres no kitchen in that floorplan??

There are two buildings there. The house with a tiny kitchen meant for 1930s family sentiments, and a coach house where you stuff your au pair/mom and 1.5 sedans.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

so the close house is on the same property ?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

A Bad King posted:

There are two buildings there. The house with a tiny kitchen meant for 1930s family sentiments, and a coach house where you stuff your au pair/mom and 1.5 sedans.

ah

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?

euphronius posted:

so the close house is on the same property ?

No, it's just the plot sizes. That house is less than 8 feet wall-to-wall away, I think? lmao

The coach house is south, behind the home and facing an alleyway, as Chicagoland does it.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

it’s not financially feasible but I would love a coach house or whatever for my mom.

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?

euphronius posted:

it’s not financially feasible but I would love a coach house or whatever for my mom.

Inviting your parents under the same roof just for the sake of childcare is good with money but bad for mental health, so making a bad with money decision to avoid an incident where you need to post in E/N is?

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
my house is close to others like that picture and it’s good. we chat a lot and stuff;however when we moved in there was a neighbor that did not talk and seemed to run into the house after parking and when I knocked on the door one of the owners watched tv with headphones so that wasn’t great.

they moved out and cooler people moved in and we’d have porch hangouts.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I don’t even need her for childcare I just want her to be happy and not so isolated

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.
I just got like 30 thermostat-sense notifications from this thread. Stop messing with the temperature!

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Crusty Nutsack posted:

I would totally live there if it was 1.5 mil cheaper and not in cinci

do you not cook or something? it's a massive space so there's enough room for it. I'd kill for that amount of counter space on an island

I cook all the time which is why I know having a giant rear end island, a sink facing the opposite direction from the fridge and the range, and a huge unvented space for cooking residue and gas combustion products to get your huge window and bright yellow walls all nasty looking where it's hard to reach is stupid as gently caress. Just leave the space empty and put a big long kitchen table in the middle of it so you can move it out a little ways into the room and it's not in your way when you're actually moving around between the cooking appliances. Put the sink where the range is, and move the range to one of the sides of the alcove where you can put a vent hood over it. If you wanted to go real crazy you could remove some of the lower cabinets and have a seated bar-style counter on one of the sides although with the amount of space in that room I don't think it's necessary at all.

e: the real question is why didnt they do double height pantry shelving with a sliding monk's ladder i mean you're renoing a church come on

The Oldest Man has issued a correction as of 21:06 on Jul 11, 2023

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

hgtv demands you install a multistory spice rack with integrated spiral staircase in your on-trend renovated churchhouse

The Oldest Man has issued a correction as of 21:13 on Jul 11, 2023

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

The Oldest Man posted:

e: the real question is why didnt they do double height pantry shelving with a sliding monk's ladder i mean you're renoing a church come on

this would be so hot

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

The Oldest Man posted:

I cook all the time which is why I know having a giant rear end island, a sink facing the opposite direction from the fridge and the range, and a huge unvented space for cooking residue and gas combustion products to get your huge window and bright yellow walls all nasty looking where it's hard to reach is stupid as gently caress. Just leave the space empty and put a big long kitchen table in the middle of it so you can move it out a little ways into the room and it's not in your way when you're actually moving around between the cooking appliances. Put the sink where the range is, and move the range to one of the sides of the alcove where you can put a vent hood over it. If you wanted to go real crazy you could remove some of the lower cabinets and have a seated bar-style counter on one of the sides although with the amount of space in that room I don't think it's necessary at all.

I did not think that much about the rest of the kitchen or the layout, I just want a bunch of counter space :(

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

i say swears online posted:

from the cincy church house

nice rug

you can tell from the decor that the owners are goony weirdos

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Nothus posted:

they refer to sex as "play"

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Nothus posted:

dont mind me just staging my bathroom with a Horga'hn

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

:catstare:

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
I would love to have a conversation with their neighbors about the sex weird white crackers that bought their church

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

It's probably better than

as made famous by
https://twitter.com/zillowgonewild/status/1516071586264141827