Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Well, the title does promise more self ownage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Now I miss the binford drill man

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
Would be better if GBS had less 200 page single topic threads but it’s a losing battle. Personally I’m most offended by the office thread, so if we could drum up some real hatred against that I’d appreciate it.

e: oh and the Garfield eats thread (shut down years ago, but the Garfield pizza was quite funny so I understand)

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I'm still gobsmacked when I see the Doobie thread pop up on page one occasionally . I just don't click on it though.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Drinking yourself to death hurts and you can expect a bit of lashing out
The amphetamines don't help matters

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Wendigee posted:

I just don't click on it though.

What the gently caress

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!

Wendigee posted:

I just don't click on it though.

how dare you

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Contrary to popular opinion, clicking on the Doobie thread is not a rule, merely a suggestion.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Wendigee posted:

I'm still gobsmacked when I see the Doobie thread pop up on page one occasionally . I just don't click on it though.

Wendigee click the thread, this is a laywer

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

The only mandatory threads are the Rules thread and the Costco thread.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

ArfJason posted:

I'm a big dumb dumb bozo and I smell my own farts

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

yeah dont edit people's posts except imgtags in nws stuff

not just bc of this but smugworth doesnt appear to have the temperament to moderate something as serious and high stakes as the general bull poo poo feedback thread(this is my feedback)

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I genuinely think no one ever told him

He's been told by mods now though

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Toxic Mental posted:

I genuinely think no one ever told him

He's been told by mods now though

Yeah, this.

Apologies.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

My feedback is to stop giving the ability to edit other people's posts to the sort of people who would need to be told not to do that.

Additionally, if the dipshit owner could come up with some guidelines, that might help.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

B33rChiller posted:

My feedback is to stop giving the ability to edit other people's posts to the sort of people who would need to be told not to do that.

Additionally, if the dipshit owner could come up with some guidelines, that might help.

Take it up in SAD, IKs being able to edit posts is something that isn't gbs specific, and if you need IKs to do low level mod stuff, that's part of what they have access to.

Drone_Fragger fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Jul 12, 2023

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

B33rChiller posted:

I've seen people get upset about this type of thing over and over, and I legitimately don't understand the issue. I can see how in some cases it could be abused, but what's your argument in this case? That Arf's original poo poo post was too valuable to society to be lost forever? That Smugworth has permanently ruined Arf's reputation because someone may think he smells his own farts?

We're a forum that celebrates the ability to change people's avatars so that every time they post, it appears they're telling the world they're a dumb bozo that smells their own farts. Why would we treat posts as sacrosanct?

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Slugworth posted:

I've seen people get upset about this type of thing over and over, and I legitimately don't understand the issue. I can see how in some cases it could be abused, but what's your argument in this case? That Arf's original poo poo post was too valuable to society to be lost forever? That Smugworth has permanently ruined Arf's reputation because someone may think he smells his own farts?

We're a forum that celebrates the ability to change people's avatars so that every time they post, it appears they're telling the world they're a dumb bozo that smells their own farts. Why would we treat posts as sacrosanct?

Because free speech, I paid ten bux, this is fascism, etc. I think that pretty much sums it up.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

syntaxfunction posted:

Because free speech, I paid ten bux, this is fascism, etc. I think that pretty much sums it up.

Elon, please buy GBS to protect are liberty from Sl/mugworth abuse

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

The only time I've seen edits abused is by mods/admins covering up malfeasance and the only way around that is requiring like two other admins to sign off an edit or similar, which is slowm.

Given SAD literally circled the wagons for like 3 straight days because a gbs mod (who was being chain probed by FYAD and hence couldn't edit posts) didnt remove bad pictures within 5 minutes, i feel having to wait 23 hours for 2 admins to come online and sign off on a simple edit to remove goatse from a post might anger people.

Also, its pretty pathetic to poo poo up a thread, repeatedly catch probes for lazy trolling and then act sanctimonious becsuse a post got edited.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Drone_Fragger posted:

Also, its pretty pathetic to poo poo up a thread, repeatedly catch probes for lazy trolling and then act sanctimonious becsuse a post got edited.

Or act sanctimonious for getting probed for lazy trolling in the first place.

But that's a huge part of their posting style so it's not like they're going to stop... feedback is to ramp the troll-toll if they've been warned

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
oh smugworth the ik even y'all have to admit is terrible at this has gone from sectarian probes to editing posts? better excuse it 6 ways from sunday lmao

this was a big, recent issue, conveniently he has no clue tho, maybe that means he shouldn't have been made ik?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
I love how one person makes a mistake and it's the guillotine for them, except if they're a posting pal then it's an oopsie and really we should give them some slack

It's been dealt with but if it happens again then we'll deal with it. He's not being deIKed because oh no an ArfJason post got edited. This is akin to burning down the Library of Congress because all posts are important or whatever apparently

This is an internet 1.0 forum. Who gives a poo poo if one post in a feedback thread in a forum you actively despise is edited?

I've accidentally edited posts. Hell, once I meant to quote this great effort post but it was like 6 am and I wasn't paying attention and instead I edited almost the entire thing out and put what I wanted to say in there instead. Whoops haven't made that mistake since!

Seth Pecksniff fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Jul 12, 2023

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

oh smugworth the ik even y'all have to admit is terrible at this has gone from sectarian probes to editing posts? better excuse it 6 ways from sunday lmao

this was a big, recent issue, conveniently he has no clue tho, maybe that means he shouldn't have been made ik?

No, it just means that not everybody is an avid SAD reader and knows about every single outrage that is brought up there.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

Lmao

There don't need to be any excuses because nothing happened

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Tarquinn posted:

No, it just means that not everybody is an avid SAD reader and knows about every single outrage that is brought up there.

The habit of posters running to complain about GBS in SAD, bypassing the forum-specific dedicated feedback thread would also be an issue.

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007
It's just how the forums are. Is it your forum that you like, or something you actually approve of? Then why are you going to complain in SAD? You should do it in the forum it happens in (so my friends can punish you for complaining)!

Is it something you disapprove of, or happened in a forum you hate, and/or done by a poster you dislike? Well, it's been ten seconds so time to run to SAD and yell at the admins until they cave and do what we want.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I for one am dearly missing the hilarious troll post from Career Troll Guy

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Peggy Edson posted:

I for one am dearly missing the hilarious troll post from Career Troll Guy
It was something about how he's a bozo and he smells his own farts. I forget exactly, but if you scroll up you should be able to find it.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

can you imagine if this had occurred in SHSC?

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Slugworth posted:

It was something about how he's a bozo and he smells his own farts. I forget exactly, but if you scroll up you should be able to find it.

:thanks:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Slugwidth must pay dearly for his crimes, also free Larry

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

the people moaning about such an innocuous edit are the most boring whiny bitches on the whole of SA. one minute caring about probes is bitchmade, except when it's their posting buddy, then they all jump in to epically troll this thread with amazing posts such as "aids". posters like 16bb who can't even log off when they're probed for 3 days for some reason. still sitting there probing people in the musk thread instead of doing anything else, almost feel bad for him.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Id like to formally apologize. Ive asked around some of my lgbtq friends and i was told that posting things like "this thread is aids" is insulting to gay people. Going forward, ill express my distaste for the grey forums in more thoughtful ways, as I never meant to offend or in any way make gay folk feel alienated, diminished or attacked. That change starts now:

This thread is GRIDS.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

lol, "conveniently", it's simply unthinkable that anyone would not religiously follow every development and drama unfolding in the SAD forum. somehow that's even more embarrassing than edgelord posting like:

ArfJason posted:

Id like to formally apologize. Ive asked around some of my lgbtq friends and i was told that posting things like "this thread is aids" is insulting to gay people. Going forward, ill express my distaste for the grey forums in more thoughtful ways, as I never meant to offend or in any way make gay folk feel alienated, diminished or attacked. That change starts now:

This thread is GRIDS.

IKs ought to be hired like american police officers. if they score too highly in civics knowledge, they are overqualified and not fit for duty.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

ArfJason posted:

This thread is GRIDS.

:allears:

I gotta say I do admire the fact that you come to this thread rather than take potshots from the peanut gallery. It's an admirable trait.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

ArfJason posted:

GRIDS.

typo or..? GRAIDS was right there

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

It's not a typo

Gay Related Immunodeficiency Syndrome (GRIDS) was the original name for AIDS until they realized it wasn't just a gay exclusive disease

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

hmm well poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!
its past time for the Skugwith’s to get whats coming to them….

.…a tasty platter of meats and cheeses! thanks for playing the game Sligwith and Slubwortj and we’ll see everyone next week!