Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

kiimo posted:

Then you guys are going to love this response to the video

https://twitter.com/BlueRoseLady/status/1678842257536065571

This is probably a dumb question, but does homeowners insurance not cover this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Kalli posted:

Well I was curious and oh, lol

That’s not even the expensive area of that area haha

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

ozymandius1024 posted:

This is probably a dumb question, but does homeowners insurance not cover this?

Not a dumb question. Standard homeowners does NOT cover this. These people would need a separate earth movement (i.e. earthquake) policy. Which is at least more likely since it's CA.

Kalli posted:

Well I was curious and oh, lol

Hey Zillow - these pins are in the wrong spots :v:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Anyone use a TP-Link Deco XE75? Thinking of upgrading my TP-Link C4000 and future proofing a bit since eBay is having a sale and coupon on refurbished equipment, and this is straight from TP-Link. Never used home mesh networking before, but I can get everything to use a wired backhaul.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

a sexual elk posted:

That’s not even the expensive area of that area haha

Housing and healthcare are the two things about which I have sympathy for even the uber wealthy. Losing your home is poo poo. Even for the 1% an obsecen amount of our wealth is often tied to our housing. It is a deeply hosed system, much like all the others that structure life in the states.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Silly Burrito posted:

Anyone use a TP-Link Deco XE75? Thinking of upgrading my TP-Link C4000 and future proofing a bit since eBay is having a sale and coupon on refurbished equipment, and this is straight from TP-Link. Never used home mesh networking before, but I can get everything to use a wired backhaul.

I have a Deco mesh system. It’s the X68, so a couple of years old now. Coverage rules, the pass-off between access points is seamless, and it’s super fast. Very happy with it.

I’m sure you’ll be happy with the XE75 and you won’t need to upgrade for a long time.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

My kingdom for a gas station with a working air pump. Luckily I have an air compressor and the right hookup so I can fill my own tires, but gently caress is it frustrating. It’s even pay equipment and they can’t even maintain their poo poo.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Just get one of these

https://www.amazon.com/TEROMAS-Infl...ps%2C180&sr=8-4

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Bird in a Blender posted:

My kingdom for a gas station with a working air pump. Luckily I have an air compressor and the right hookup so I can fill my own tires, but gently caress is it frustrating. It’s even pay equipment and they can’t even maintain their poo poo.

I had a tire that slowly leaked for a while and I would get so frustrated by this too. I just rode it out since I was getting new tires soon anyway, and then I bought a compressor to keep in the car so I’d never have to deal with that bullshit again.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

I keep one of these in my truck and it's been handy many many times:

https://a.co/d/4NPHqjS

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Ehud posted:

I have a Deco mesh system. It’s the X68, so a couple of years old now. Coverage rules, the pass-off between access points is seamless, and it’s super fast. Very happy with it.

I’m sure you’ll be happy with the XE75 and you won’t need to upgrade for a long time.

:tipshat: Thanks! Good to know that it works well.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

I didn’t know those portable air compressors existed so I’ll probably get one of those. Good to have for a road trip.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

I didn’t know those portable air compressors existed so I’ll probably get one of those. Good to have for a road trip.

And whatever cordless battery system you have will have one. I've heard good things about pretty much all of them.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Freaquency posted:

I had a tire that slowly leaked for a while and I would get so frustrated by this too. I just rode it out since I was getting new tires soon anyway, and then I bought a compressor to keep in the car so I’d never have to deal with that bullshit again.

God same, I had a friend hook me up with a good deal on tires but it took its sweet time, and I’m not sure it was worth the frustration even if it was ultimately cheaper. Car portable compressor sounds like a great idea and I’m surprised I’m just learning of it—seems like it should be included on those lists (maybe a bit outdated due to cell phones but) of emergency poo poo to keep in your car

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I have spent all day researching Amazon Prime products and bought nothing because nothing is on any kind of special sale. I feel like Ralphie walking out of the bathroom after decoding Be Sure To Drink Your Ovaltine.

Wiser.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

wandler20 posted:

And whatever cordless battery system you have will have one. I've heard good things about pretty much all of them.
Yup. I have several DeWalt tools on their 20V cordless system and the inflator is awesome for bike/car/motorcycle tires and air mattresses.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I loving hate prime day. I also hate people who order multiple 24 packs of Fiji water bottles from Amazon, although I looked it up and it's really cheap compared to buying individual bottles of Fiji water at a store, like less than a dollar a bottle.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

In CA I believe it's the law that air and water pumps 'have' to be working (and available for free if you ask) or the business can be fined. Not sure how many other states have that on the books though.

Until I bought a car that comes standard with a compressor in the trunk (M3 doesn't have a spare tire) I didn't realize how critically necessary it is to have at least one in your household. Here's your big chance to use "Prime Day" for something you actually needed!

These things are also a godsend if you own any mediocre-to-bad cars (aka: all cars)
https://www.amazon.com/GOOLOO-Starter-SuperSafe-Lithium-Portable/dp/B09FP4P6BR

kiimo posted:

I have spent all day researching Amazon Prime products and bought nothing because nothing is on any kind of special sale. I feel like Ralphie walking out of the bathroom after decoding Be Sure To Drink Your Ovaltine.

Wiser.

I hit "BUY NOW" on a Prime Day 32 pack of Bounty Paper Towels, I'm going to build a wall with them and presto: A second bedroom, doubling my home's value

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Ether Frenzy posted:

In CA I believe it's the law that air and water pumps 'have' to be working (and available for free if you ask) or the business can be fined. Not sure how many other states have that on the books though.

Until I bought a car that comes standard with a compressor in the trunk (M3 doesn't have a spare tire) I didn't realize how critically necessary it is to have at least one in your household. Here's your big chance to use "Prime Day" for something you actually needed!

These things are also a godsend if you own any mediocre-to-bad cars (aka: all cars)
https://www.amazon.com/GOOLOO-Starter-SuperSafe-Lithium-Portable/dp/B09FP4P6BR

I hit "BUY NOW" on a Prime Day 32 pack of Bounty Paper Towels, I'm going to build a wall with them and presto: A second bedroom, doubling my home's value

Most, if not all, states have that law I believe.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

kiimo posted:

Wiser.

You mean a WEEGOH treadmill or LIMPTUI clothing steamer doesn’t make you want to mash the add to cart button ASAP?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Air Skwirl posted:

I loving hate prime day. I also hate people who order multiple 24 packs of Fiji water bottles from Amazon, although I looked it up and it's really cheap compared to buying individual bottles of Fiji water at a store, like less than a dollar a bottle.

Usually feel the same but it’s got some steals like this Limited-time deal for Prime Members: POWEART Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, 26Kpa 8-in-1 Lightweight Cordless Stick Vacuum, 350W Rechargeable Battery Vacuum Up to 45min Runtime, Self-Standing Cordless Vacuum for Pet Hair Hard Floor Carpet Home https://a.co/d/c1svFce

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I bought this
Anker SOLIX F1200 Portable Power Station, PowerHouse 757, 1500W Solar Generator, 1229Wh Battery Generators for Home Use, LiFePO4 Power Station for Outdoor Camping, and RVs (Solar Panel Optional) https://a.co/d/gwMWmUh

I'm hoping to quietly charge my trolling motor batteries with it. 50% off of $1400 is huge.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I’ve been looking for one of these omg

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
My wife and I are planning a family trip to Japan in October and….my wife thought Halloween was a federal holiday! Hahahahaha. I laughed heartily, imagine that

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

wandler20 posted:

I bought this
Anker SOLIX F1200 Portable Power Station, PowerHouse 757, 1500W Solar Generator, 1229Wh Battery Generators for Home Use, LiFePO4 Power Station for Outdoor Camping, and RVs (Solar Panel Optional) https://a.co/d/gwMWmUh

I'm hoping to quietly charge my trolling motor batteries with it. 50% off of $1400 is huge.

I've been on the fence about jumping on one of the prime day deals for a portable power station. I am putting together a car camping rig, but I like to sleep on big purchases for a few days. And I'm still learning what all the terminology means! Problem is, Prime Day ends today.

In other news, I'm watching a course on potty training my kid. There sure is a lot of psychology behind the best way to get your kid to poo poo and pee in the right place!

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
Bribery works best from my experience.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

And a lot of patience. A lot of patience.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Ehud posted:

In other news, I'm watching a course on potty training my kid. There sure is a lot of psychology behind the best way to get your kid to poo poo and pee in the right place!

We used the "oh crap" book as a guide and found it extremely helpful. Kid 2 is juuust about trained, so glad to be done with diapers forever.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
My sister had her son fully trained in a weekend. I know the first phone call that I'm making when we're ready to train our kid.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

If you use the 3 day method it's not bad.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Pron on VHS posted:

My wife and I are planning a family trip to Japan in October and….my wife thought Halloween was a federal holiday! Hahahahaha. I laughed heartily, imagine that

I'm a single-issue voter and this is my single issue

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

MrLogan posted:

I just started, but I think that's what this is. 3 dedicated days to potty trailing where you ditch diapers and focus 100% on helping your kid connect having to pee/poop with needing to get to the potty.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Ehud posted:

I just started, but I think that's what this is. 3 dedicated days to potty trailing where you ditch diapers and focus 100% on helping your kid connect having to pee/poop with needing to get to the potty.

Yeah. That’s worked for some of my kids and not at all for others. Each kid is different so don’t be afraid to admit defeat and try something new.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

MrLogan posted:

Tell that to my kid. He did not pick up on it after 3 days. We did pullups for a while and just gently pushed it, and eventually he got it. The pullups at least avoided accidents, and once we had a little bit of confidence we were able to make the full switch to underwear. Thankfully, we didn't even need to do overnight training, he figured that out immediately. He's had like two accidents at night over the last year, and those were when he was sick.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
You need to put a Dolphins logo in the toilet so the kid does what is natural.

Or a picture of Tom Brady.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

We used the 3 day method. Worked for the girls pretty well but the boy was tougher to train. I bribed my kids with M&Ms. Seemed to work but my kids are very food motivated.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

My soon to be 3yo boy is regressing. He did really well on his mini toilet but has stopped on the big toilet. We had him in undies all day yesterday, he says his tummy hurts before bed. So put on the toilet, nothing. So we say screw it, put a diaper on him and bam full days worth of turds.

Twice

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Finally gave me the go-ahead to buy a new laptop for work. :woop:

Thinking about this bad boy...

https://www.amazon.com/SAMSUNG-Gala...011&s=pc&sr=1-1

currently running: Surface Pro 3 lol, lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Surface Pro 3 lol, lmao

Hey now, they're fine tablets. Got a whole warehouse running internal apps on Surface Pro 4s.