Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Nato is an organization of democracies.:)
Nato is a regional group by treaty, but nato must secure nato peace and interests in regards to China and cyberspace. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Mr Hootington posted:

There is a nato group in Italy called the "climate change center of excellence"

lol. "center of excellene" is some mckinsey/deloitte business fad type poo poo

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

euphronius posted:

thank you for transcribing come of this 🙏

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Nato has no plans to allow ukriane-russian peace talks to happen or be successful. ;)
We in nato are using this War to try and break Russia and show the west is still strong. :D

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Even by Western standards this is completely deranged, incredible that they're just streaming it out

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Mr Hootington posted:

Nato has no plans to allow ukriane-russian peace talks to happen or be successful. ;)
We in nato are using this War to try and break Russia and show the west is still strong. :D

Lmao that they just come out and say it, no weasel words or anything

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Finnish military defense minister is next. Finland has done 17 military aid packages so far??

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

really queer Christmas posted:

Lmao that they just come out and say it, no weasel words or anything

They use Weasel words most of the time. Sometimes it slips through.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Russia has used many false narratives during this war, but the western public has seen thru the lies

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

they are fully committed but have no plans for it to ever happen

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I think the Finnish defense minster is saying he wants the rest of nato to consider militarizing the finnish-russian border now that Sweden has joined nato so that Northern Europe is secure.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

isn’t that border like 60 miles from Leningrad ?

AloePieceOfShit
Jan 26, 2020

euphronius posted:

thank you for transcribing come of this 🙏

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Mr Hootington posted:

One of the interviewees is very happy to tell the ukrianian reporter that nato and its members think ukriane is very important and the war is very important because it is protecting nato by letting Ukraine fight nato's war.

Mr Hootington posted:

nice that the ukrainians volunteered their country to be sacrificed for nato's benefit, real team players there

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Ok I took mybown coffee break and the next panel is a conversation either national security advisor of the US.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Just talking about what the usa traded to turkey to let Sweden in nato. Seems turkey may get f-16s and training in the near future if congress allows it.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Bunch of gobbledygook about how Ukraine can get into nato maybe in the future if they Meer the requirements set forth at this time that can be changed in the future to let Ukraine into the alliance in the future if they meet the requirements after the disappointment of today.

Yeah it was a ramble like that

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

By not coming out very strongly for ukriane during this nato conference, do you think putin will see this as nato weakness? Bunch of gosh gallop that has nothing to do with the question before saying putin will be proven wrong. Nato is strong.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Neurolimal posted:

i've been saying this for years... and they're just... streaming it out!

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Mr Hootington posted:

Russia has used many false narratives during this war, but the western public has seen thru the lies

projection? :xd:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

How disappointed is the USA in its NATO partners because most haven't reached 2% defense spending?

9 members have reached that goal of 2% and a number of others will reach it in the next couple of years. This has made the usa happy. Unfortunately a lot of members have not made the proper movements or come up with plans to reach the 2% so the usa is disappointed and wants to see those members improve. Also 2% defense spendingbis the floor and the usa wants to see higher numbers.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

How disappointed is the USA in its NATO partners because most haven't reached 2% defense spending?

9 members have reached that goal of 2% and a number of others will reach it in the next couple of years. This has made the usa happy. Unfortunately a lot of members have not made the proper movements or come up with plans to reach the 2% so the usa is disappointed and wants to see those members improve. Also 2% defense spendingbis the floor and the usa wants to see higher numbers.

Lol

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Mr Hootington posted:

Just talking about what the usa traded to turkey to let Sweden in nato. Seems turkey may get f-16s and training in the near future if congress allows it.

did turkey agree for only a promise of planes pending congressional approval?

they ain't getting those planes

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

euphronius posted:

isn’t that border like 60 miles from Leningrad ?

That is the idea, directly threaten St.Petersburg.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

ukriane is at the conference snd they may not be in nayo but are equal to any nato partner. :)
Maybe the baltics are right to worry.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Mr Hootington posted:

HAHAHA loving lmao

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

Green light for full annexation. Thank you NATO.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Ok I'm listening again. Work got in the way. Audience questions. Ukrainian lady asking why when they meet previous nato requirements laid out in 2014 didn't they get help or let in? She wants to know why there are new requirements.

Jake Sullivan (the advisor guy) says the usa will continue to provide Ukraine with the tools it needs to continue to fight this war.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

They should have demanded eu entry for it, they would have gotten it

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Next panel is Tech talk: harnessing emerging technology for strategic advantage. Guessing this one will be annoying.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Opening with a inspiring story about a Russian soldier who defected and followed a drone to the good guy side.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

"I refer to this war as World War 1, but with 21st century technology."

Ukraine is losing 10k drones a month.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

Opening with a inspiring story about a Russian soldier who defected and followed a drone to the good guy side.

who's gonna play this guy in the movie

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Lmao if this war is just being used to fine tune the new generation of mass murder machines like how tanks, machine guns, artillery, and chemical weapons were during ww1 and russo-japanese war

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

Lmao if this war is just being used to fine tune the new generation of mass murder machines like how tanks, machine guns, artillery, and chemical weapons were during ww1 and russo-japanese war

don't think anyone cares how tuned they are as long as someone is writing the checks for them

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Mr Hootington posted:

nato is willing to sacrifice every last Ukrainian

thank you for your sacrifice Ukraine

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Lady says one of the lessons nato partners should take from this war is that private companies and the state need to have close and closer ties during "peace time" so if something happens they can hit the ground running.

Lady says nato needs to look at reindustrializing europe and militarizing space lol

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Companies need to have procedures in place so when future wars happen they can decide who to side with. Not every future confrontstion will be as black and white!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

They realize they can use civilians to analyze pictures and videos to discover information about what is happening and identifying "war criminals". They want to utilize using the public to crowd fund these wars through private donations or bitcoin. They believe AI can be used in some way. They need to learn from ukriane how to harness the "meme culture" like nafo to better control the narrative they want.

This lady isn't nato nato, but a member of a natobpartner group.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

They need to learn from ukriane how to harness the "meme culture" like nafo to better control the narrative they want.