Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Seth Pecksniff posted:

:allears:

I gotta say I do admire the fact that you come to this thread rather than take potshots from the peanut gallery. It's an admirable trait.

Gotta post if you're trying to score more IK/mod belt notches. He's the mod-killer, after all.

Of course then the only sane thing for an IK or mod to do once they're in Arf's bad books is threadban him for trolling. And/or ramp the poo poo out of him.

No man, no problem. Stalin would approve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Seth Pecksniff posted:

It's not a typo

Gay Related Immunodeficiency Syndrome (GRIDS) was the original name for AIDS until they realized it wasn't just a gay exclusive disease

Ah, so the original, homophobic term during the gay panic, very normal.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

I think it's wierd that IKs can call people and things gay as a pejorative in the lepers colony but not in posts but I assume that's for a good reason.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

satanic splash-back posted:

I think it's wierd that IKs can call people and things gay as a pejorative in the lepers colony but not in posts but I assume that's for a good reason.

the solution is a rap sheet rap sheet where mods can be probed or banned for their posts on a rap sheet and it goes on their rap sheet rap sheet

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Peggy Edson posted:

hmm well poo poo.

It helps if you were alive in the early 80s, even more so if you were studying microbiology and your instructor used to subscribe to the CDC's newsletters and read to the class about this weird new outbreak of diseases in young, healthy gay men, that normally only appeared in old Italian men (Kaposi's sarcoma) and immunocompromised (PCP, Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia). They called it GRID. The virus was LAV or HTLV-3.

Later, they called it HIV and AIDS. Also, later still, came treatments. In the mean time however it was basically a death sentence no matter what you called it. Yeah, I remember.

https://circulatingnow.nlm.nih.gov/2021/06/04/june-5-1981-the-first-report-of-aids-in-the-u-s/

Rust Martialis fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Jul 12, 2023

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Feedback: just start handing out bans for repeated lazy trolling. Don't hold back just because they're a superstar in another part of the forum.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Tarquinn posted:

No, it just means that not everybody is an avid SAD reader and knows about every single outrage that is brought up there.

it's literally not hard though? the threads get closed, resolved and sorted. checking the general discussion forum every once in a while might help iks/mods/users not repeat goofy decisions imo

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

imo more people should read sad so it doesn't develop a posting culture of a small group of regulars in the feedback forum

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
We're way beyond that ever ending but this is delving into discussion of other forums so let's cut it out

pacerwpg
Apr 18, 2023
Ignoring the AIDS posts because people want to insist that it's fine actually, it's still just low effort lovely trolling. If there's a problem with a thread existing, it's clearly not the best way to get it addressed. It's done only to stir up drama, despite all the phony pleas of trying to 'improve GBS'. It's transparent and that's why people react the way they do. Quit pretending like it's not the most obvious loving thing on earth.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Only registered members can see post attachments!

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

lol

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

its ok that smuworth made a little fucky wucky completely editing and changing someone else's post without leaving a note or any indication it was him, he seems good for the job, everyone likes having words put in their mouth, thats my feedback thank you

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Indeed it was based

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ijucssLApw

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
When does this get funny?

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

well i think it's pretty well proven at this point that smugworht can't handle the pressures of ik-ship and should have his broom revoked immediately.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

The post that was edited out was a hella Jeff comic. It needed a timg at most but it wasn't a big loss

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

cumpantry posted:

I gently caress DOGS
Wow man, brave.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Steadiman posted:

When does this get funny?

gbs isn't funny.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

feedback: smugworth editing the post got under the right skin, he should have free rein to edit any edgelord post itt

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

GBS stands for Goons Being Serious, no japes, tomfoolery or larks will be tolerated here.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

this unfortunately

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tarquinn posted:

No, it just means that not everybody is an avid SAD reader and knows about every single outrage that is brought up there.

lol @ this

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Nom epique and similar posters repeatedly posted poo poo they were told not to in threads they were told to knock it off in. It went from multiple probes to bans. And justifiably so.

Why is this not a thing that's happening? Seeing people rack up a half dozen probes in as many days because they're having meltdowns on their so sovereign posting rights being infringed and making it clear they're gonna keep doing it why deal with the children throwing tantrums? gently caress it, just ban em and move on, no actual loss.

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm puzzled as to what forum rules were broken by my two probated posts in GBS, and why the mere posting of good news about Ukraine garnered so much acrimony and vitriol. What gives?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

syntaxfunction posted:

Nom epique and similar posters repeatedly posted poo poo they were told not to in threads they were told to knock it off in. It went from multiple probes to bans. And justifiably so.

Why is this not a thing that's happening? Seeing people rack up a half dozen probes in as many days because they're having meltdowns on their so sovereign posting rights being infringed and making it clear they're gonna keep doing it why deal with the children throwing tantrums? gently caress it, just ban em and move on, no actual loss.

Mods can only auto approve up to one day, the rest has to be approved by admins. It gets put into a queue and run by the admin team after a spot check.

fizzy posted:

I'm puzzled as to what forum rules were broken by my two probated posts in GBS, and why the mere posting of good news about Ukraine garnered so much acrimony and vitriol. What gives?

You know what you're doing. Knock it off or stop posting in the thread.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

GBS stands for get bent suckaa

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

syntaxfunction posted:

harsh and weird punishments to what is just very mild trolling doesnt work and just causes the trolling to escalate

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

harsh and weird punishments to what is just very mild trolling doesnt work and just causes the trolling to escalate

then ramp them, or it turns into a shithole like QCS did

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

"The only rational response to being told not to troll is to troll harder" - a poster of sound mind and reason.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Rust Martialis posted:

then ramp them, or it turns into a shithole like QCS did
Doesn't really seem like the complaining about QCS thread here is any better than QCS itself. Just a different set of regular posters.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

of sound mind and reason.

yes this is very different from the r slur, thanks for using it casually outside a fyadlite

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

16-bit Br'er Rabbit

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

yes this is very different from the r slur, thanks for using it casually outside a fyadlite

:dafuq:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

"The only rational response to being told not to troll is to troll harder" - a poster of sound mind and reason.

if someone is crossing a line such as spamming browser breaking images then a harsh punishment is appropraite if you want to keep ramping arf or stux for saying gay and aids then the result is going to be multiple posters that arent stux saying gay and aids and a moderator or idiot king looking like a fool

im not straight btw for all the posters in here that think im a homophobe for calling a thread gay because i think calling things gay is funny lol

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

give it a rest

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Ok then we deal with it when it happens

This forum is, has never been and will never be a FYAD-lite. Idc what happens in the other forums I'm only responsible for this one

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Like I'm pretty sure the probes are an indication that a line is being crossed, whether in taste or humor or whatever.

quote:

because i think calling things gay is funny lol
Oh well as long as you think it's good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I like posters on both sides of this mess but all of you are being loving embarrassing right now. Go play some video games or something.