Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lol pretty area though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

wonder if the neighbors are nice

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

i say swears online posted:

what’s it matter? they’re half a mile away at best

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

lol pretty area though

I'm used to trees and a horizon above eye level, living in a place like that would make me slowly go insane

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Red Baron posted:

what’s it matter? they’re half a mile away at best

that’s what bikes are for

Apr 7, 2003

Your neighbors are too close if they can hear you beating your wife and kids

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

I really hope what happens from this bubble is it starts to go down and all these investors have to start unloading to get out from under it and pushes the market down further forcing more to unload as well and flooding the market with houses.

I can't see any other way I will ever get a house without that.

Apr 7, 2003

https://www.rocketmortgage.com/learn/shadow-inventory

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Your neighbors are too close if they can hear you beating your wife and kids
:chloe:

Apr 7, 2003

Banks will let poo poo sit before they ever let prices go down in any sort of meaningful, long-term way

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole

I have been to Emmett many times and the people who have been there a while complain that too many people have moved there and have ruined it. Someone I know who has been there a long time had a couple new employees from California and he had to tell them both that they shouldn’t mention where they are from.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

https://www.rocketmortgage.com/learn/outer-heaven

UKJeff
May 17, 2023

by vyelkin

A Bad King posted:

lmao rofl

brilliant. this is just................................

Just...

I thought those tile kits come together into a pattern, so it's kind of like puzzle pieces you put together for uniformity and something that looks like it belongs together?

It’s a random pattern printed onto ceramic tiles, it’s not supposed to come together in any certain way

Have you not seen tiled floors before?

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

spacemang_spliff posted:

real estate guys believe their investments should carry no risk and they should always make infinite money so its even funnier when they gently caress themselves over

and it's always someone elses fault. usually the (((Bank)))

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

the only nice person in idaho is schnorkles and he got run off from here by anti-natalists

Apr 7, 2003

ArmZ posted:

the only nice person in idaho is schnorkles and he got run off from here by anti-natalists

his dog turd breath did him in

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

UKJeff posted:

It’s a random pattern printed onto ceramic tiles, it’s not supposed to come together in any certain way

Have you not seen tiled floors before?

Rarely in the northern midwest, lol, and even more rarely in highly trafficked & often-slippery rooms like kitchens.

I'm not even a parent & my first thought was THEY'RE GONNA CRACK THEIR HEADS OPEN ON THAT IF THEY FALL ON THAT FLOOR.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lol, lmao

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/farmers-insurance-pulling-out-of-florida-affecting-100000-people/

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

it's funny that the chud reaction is that this is Mega Cancel Culture and the lib reaction is that this will only happen in red states, who deserve it

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

The Oldest Man posted:

it's funny that the chud reaction is that this is Mega Cancel Culture and the lib reaction is that this will only happen in red states, who deserve it

we're doomed

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

The Oldest Man posted:

they all missed this part: Farmers has also limited new policies in California, which has seen record-breaking wildfires fueled by climate change. Allstate and State Farm have also stopped issuing new policies in the state.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

spacemang_spliff posted:

they all missed this part: Farmers has also limited new policies in California, which has seen record-breaking wildfires fueled by climate change. Allstate and State Farm have also stopped issuing new policies in the state.

No they didn't, they will inevitably say that's just a negotiating tactic to get the CA insurance board to give them concessions. See they're just refusing to issue new policies until they get what they want at the negotiating table. It's totally different and not related to them leaving Florida entirely, which is the moral just dessert of a state full of climate denialists getting obliterated by the finger of a rational god.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

jokes on you, the federal government is going to step in and insure rich people homes while everyone else gets hosed

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

The Oldest Man posted:

The cspam reaction is that this is happening in the US, which deserves it.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

tbh this thread fucks me up the most out of cspam which says a lot

I'm in Nor Cal and I can buy a condo built in 1972 with a $400 monthly HOA fee

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/777-Grand-Ave-SUITE-204-San-Rafael-CA-94901/2068769551_zpid/

:lol:

Apr 7, 2003

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Also proficient with kites

Raccooon posted:

I really hope what happens from this bubble is it starts to go down and all these investors have to start unloading to get out from under it and pushes the market down further forcing more to unload as well and flooding the market with houses.

I can't see any other way I will ever get a house without that.

I think the problem is there’s just an overall inventory shortage so even if high rates drive down prices due to lack of affordability for people trying to buy their own home, cash buying groups that plan to rent out can still just snatch things up and keep things artificially high because people are always gonna need a place to live and it’s gonna be one of the last things to give before we’re just full blown depression.

now one thing that never quite made sense to me with the above is you also hear stats like there being more empty units than homeless in America so I dunno how it totally jives and ignores the whole supply/demand thing but I’m sure there’s a depressing explanation out there somewhere.

Apr 7, 2003

PoundSand posted:

I think the problem is there’s just an overall inventory shortage so even if high rates drive down prices due to lack of affordability for people trying to buy their own home, cash buying groups that plan to rent out can still just snatch things up and keep things artificially high because people are always gonna need a place to live and it’s gonna be one of the last things to give before we’re just full blown depression.

now one thing that never quite made sense to me with the above is you also hear stats like there being more empty units than homeless in America so I dunno how it totally jives and ignores the whole supply/demand thing but I’m sure there’s a depressing explanation out there somewhere.

https://www.lauraalamery.com/shadow-inventory/

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

uhhh there’s trump flags on the ceilings over the beds…..

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Be on the forefront of a new way to work in this incrediblelocation in vibrant downtown San Rafael. This recently converted live/work unit has a new kitchen, laundry, bathroom, freshly painted in an amazingly convenient location. Easy access to shared outdoor deck with views. Adjacent to Montecito Plaza & neighbors include Starbucks, United Market, Bank of America ATM, Redwood Credit Union, FedEx Kinko''s, Rite Aid, UPS Store, T-Mobile, Trader Joe''s, Jasmine Market, CVS, Peet''s Coffee.Secure entry, new mailboxes, ample parking

:cawg: lmao so convenient you walk out your front door and hey theres T-Mobile

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

lol pretty area though

I’m so sick of all these poo poo websites that suck fuckin rear end.

palindrome
Feb 3, 2020

CIRCLE DRIVEWAY

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

i am harry posted:

Be on the forefront of a new way to work in this incrediblelocation in vibrant downtown San Rafael. This recently converted live/work unit has a new kitchen, laundry, bathroom, freshly painted in an amazingly convenient location. Easy access to shared outdoor deck with views. Adjacent to Montecito Plaza & neighbors include Starbucks, United Market, Bank of America ATM, Redwood Credit Union, FedEx Kinko''s, Rite Aid, UPS Store, T-Mobile, Trader Joe''s, Jasmine Market, CVS, Peet''s Coffee.Secure entry, new mailboxes, ample parking

:cawg: lmao so convenient you walk out your front door and hey theres T-Mobile

$655 monthly HOA fee

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

how can there be a hoa !!!! there is one unit !!!

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
i wonder if the HOA fee is like the rent for one of the offices?

i mean in theory turning unused commercial real estate into places to live is a good idea but half a million plus a $700 HOA fee and they couldn't even get rid of the office lighting lol

Apr 7, 2003

Trying to sleep but they won't stop running the loving photocopier next door

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Nitr0 posted:

I’m so sick of all these poo poo websites that suck fuckin rear end.

realtor.com is the only listing site I can navigate & see more than a 2-line description of a property w/out scrolling, because of hosed-up frames or whatever they're called these days.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

there's always

*checks notes*

Akron Ohio

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apr 7, 2003

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

there's always